• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Arsenal: Pit Moveset Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Not exactly a tournament player myself, but I've always loved the amount of time and control you had. You could do a ton of stuff with it, like flying up and over characters without projectiles, use it to fall even faster, or use it to move through the air in ways not possible otherwise. Then there's gimmicky stuff like flinging Party Balls and Rolling Crates, and even pushing opponents out of reach of the ledge. There was Wingdashing too, but I was never good at that. :p

And I'm pretty sure you get the recovery back in SSB4.
Ah, I hadn't heard about the Party Balls or Crate things, so I'll have to look it up. You are right, it's a fun move to use and I much would have rather had him get his recovery back in SSB4 AND keep the old special, but I guess since that's not the case, preferences are preferences. Also, my problem is that my best friend is really good at just throwing himself over the ledge and hitting me weakly before hopping back, so I'm usually screwed!

edit: But it'd be the best of both worlds if his Brawl recovery was an alternate move...

Last edited:

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
Then again, I'm not a very "competitive" player. Yeah, I've played frequently ever since its release date, but I've never been to a tournament and wouldn't even know how my playing stacks up against pros. I'd appreciate it if you could shed some light on the benefits of his Brawl one or the weaknesses of his new one.
I personally have no problems with either of his Up Bs. I haven't seen/used his new one nearly enough to form a solid opinion on it, but it seems like quite a viable recovery option, even if it might lack some of the functions of his old Up B. I wouldn't consider myself a "pro"- I'm very much still learning competitive play- but I know of these tricks for his old Up B:

- Faster movement speed in the air, could help close distance if you want to be more aggressive
- On a similar note, you have a REALLY fast fall if you push down while using it
- Flying under the bottom of stages if you get hit off the edge, forcing your opponent to chase you to the other side
- Can push opponents away to a degree on start up
- Apparently also negates projectiles right at start up, though the Mirror Shield is obviously better against projectiles
- Wingdashing, as LancerStaff mentioned

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
It's interesting how Pit's attacks now have tippers like Marth.

Makes me wonder if we have a potential Pit/Pittoo akin to the Marth/Lucina relationship... assuming he's in of course.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995

Makes me wonder if we have a potential Pit/Pittoo akin to the Marth/Lucina relationship... assuming he's in of course.
Hmm... I hadn't even considered that. It makes a lot of sense when you pit put it that way... It almost makes too much sense...

Then again, we've seen Dark Pit with the Dark Pit Staff, so something has got to change anyway. Maybe the Staff will have equal damage throughout? Still, his animations have to change, but even Lucina has some new animations herself (taunts and her Counter is slightly different).

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

Probably not, since Pit appears to only have tippers on a few attacks. I'd like to see him have some of Pit's old attacks like his Uspecial and Fair.

Hmm... I hadn't even considered that. It makes a lot of sense when you pit put it that way... It almost makes too much sense...

Then again, we've seen Dark Pit with the Dark Pit Staff, so something has got to change anyway. Maybe the Staff will have equal damage throughout? Still, his animations have to change, but even Lucina has some new animations herself (taunts and her Counter is slightly different).
DP has a Silver Bow too, look at the top-left corner of his portrait.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Probably not, since Pit appears to only have tippers on a few attacks. I'd like to see him have some of Pit's old attacks like his Uspecial and Fair.

DP has a Silver Bow too, look at the top-left corner of his portrait.
Really??? I've got to go find that image...

Huh, I can sorta see it- it's that white mark above his wreath. But there are two problems with that...

1. The Dark Pit Staff is clearly visible... that's not his purple broach- his broach is just under his ear and the shape is way off. That looks just like the Dark Pit Staff (although the purple is more prominent).

2. How the heck did the bow get in that position? Is his right arm twisted behind his head and down, with that being the top of the bow? It could be the corner of the Silver Bow, but I can't quite picture how it got there at that angle.

Maybe it's just a graphical glitch or that's part of his wing (off colored?), but I can see the argument for it being his Silver Bow. But his DPS is there too... Maybe both are in his artwork... How? Color me confused...

edit: So I tried to show what Dark Pit's full art could look like. I'm not an artist, and it looks awful, but it's just to try and figure out what the heck is going on in his artwork: http://imgur.com/a/8cQdD

Last edited:

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
Interesting. I never noticed the (possible) Silver Bow. I don't think I'd mind if he had it, as long as it has different properties than Pit's bow. It would be cool if it functioned like it did in Uprising, where it actually deals more damage to opponents when they're closer.

I can't imagine the Dark Pit Staff having any tippers on it since staffs are meant for long range, but yeah, I think Pit only has tippers on a few of his moves (B-air comes to mind).

...now I'm thinking it would be super rad if Dark Pit dual wielded the Silver Bow and the Dark Pit Staff.

EDIT: Thinking about the pic a bit more, I feel like it would make the most sense if Dark Pit was holding the bow in his right hand and the staff in his left. As in his left arm would be crossed over his chest.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Interesting. I never noticed the (possible) Silver Bow. I don't think I'd mind if he had it, as long as it has different properties than Pit's bow. It would be cool if it functioned like it did in Uprising, where it actually deals more damage to opponents when they're closer.

I can't imagine the Dark Pit Staff having any tippers on it since staffs are meant for long range, but yeah, I think Pit only has tippers on a few of his moves (B-air comes to mind).

...now I'm thinking it would be super rad if Dark Pit dual wielded the Silver Bow and the Dark Pit Staff.

EDIT: Thinking about the pic a bit more, I feel like it would make the most sense if Dark Pit was holding the bow in his right hand and the staff in his left. As in his left arm would be crossed over his chest.
Hmm... time for more of my "art..."

Like this?

It could work, but does look cluttered... And I'm sure that his actual model designer would do a much better job than me.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Hmm... time for more of my "art..."

Like this?

It could work, but does look cluttered... And I'm sure that his actual model designer would do a much better job than me.

But it looks suitable. Of course it looks cluttered if you draw the picture completely but the picture of Darkpit is in the Rooster. Since it doesn't matter if its cluttered or not because you don't see the completely picture. ^^

The main thing is, its real and not a fake. I hope it really.

Last edited:

ObsidianFH

Smash Rookie
From what I recall, the ninka leak (which so far has been pretty legitimate) states that Dark Pit is a clone of Pit. I'm not sure what that thing is at the bottom left of his portrait, but I expect him to be a clone for this reason.

EDIT: Also, he could simply be holding the bow over his shoulder. You can't really see the full extent of his shoulder past that purple thing.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
From what I recall, the ninka leak (which so far has been pretty legitimate) states that Dark Pit is a clone of Pit. I'm not sure what that thing is at the bottom left of his portrait, but I expect him to be a clone for this reason.

EDIT: Also, he could simply be holding the bow over his shoulder. You can't really see the full extent of his shoulder past that purple thing.
It's the Dark Pit Staff!

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
Ok, so I wasn't paying complete attention to the Treehouse Stream when this happened, but I could have sworn that at some point, one of the staff was playing Pit and they took out a First Blade. Most likely, this would be a custom move. Can anyone else confirm if they saw this..?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Ok, so I wasn't paying complete attention to the Treehouse Stream when this happened, but I could have sworn that at some point, one of the staff was playing Pit and they took out a First Blade. Most likely, this would be a custom move. Can anyone else confirm if they saw this..?
Hm, I watched most of it and didn't spot it. Was it in the first half of the Smash segment?

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
Hm, I watched most of it and didn't spot it. Was it in the first half of the Smash segment?
It was closer to the end. Maybe around 8-something PM, they were just playing a few regular matches.

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
Timezone?

Pretty sure I was watching closely at that point though, and I didn't see it.
Found it. Not the First Blade, it was the Steel Diver item. However, they did show that one of the customizable moves for the Upperdash Arm has it go super far, but with a lot of slide. It also only did 9 damage. Not sure if any other properties are changed.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Yaknow, I'm thinking of writing proper guides for Pit and Dark Pit sometime. It'll be difficult to get decent screenshots since Miiverse doesn't work with SSB3D, unfortunately, but I'll find a way if I get around to it.

Found it. Not the First Blade, it was the Steel Diver item. However, they did show that one of the customizable moves for the Upperdash Arm has it go super far, but with a lot of slide. It also only did 9 damage. Not sure if any other properties are changed.
Yeah, I noticed. I'm not going into total information hound mode like I usually do because of the shear amount we have now.

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
I just saw a stream where one plays Pit and he's really fast! guess because I've only been seeing Dark pit for the last 2 days.

The guy combo'd nicely with Pit at an early percentage, with grab down then up airs and jumps, but I dunno how the DI was, hope someone here who has the game tries it.

Last edited:

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I tried the Demoversion but.. in the Demoversion you can just try Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager and Megaman. And you can choose only one stage. ^^

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
According to the tip section Link has a tipper on his dash attack too.

Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I really hated Pit's down B special in Brawl. It came out really fast and essentially blocked almost every physical attack as well as reflecting projectiles. When I saw that in the new smash that his shields now block both sides I started to worry a bit but but the shield itself is now like a projection rather then a physical item.

Have the properties of the move changed so there is like a delay either at the start of end of the move or is it as good as it was in brawl but now buffed even further?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I really hated Pit's down B special in Brawl. It came out really fast and essentially blocked almost every physical attack as well as reflecting projectiles. When I saw that in the new smash that his shields now block both sides I started to worry a bit but but the shield itself is now like a projection rather then a physical item.

Have the properties of the move changed so there is like a delay either at the start of end of the move or is it as good as it was in brawl but now buffed even further?
It's looking to be all-around better, maybe with some extra startup. Not that it means anything, since the move has super armor, meaning that Pit won't budge from the spot. It can't turn people around now, but that's pretty minor.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
It seems to have pushback or a slight gust of wind when used on someone touching the orbitar shields when they spawn. You can sort of push away recovering enemies this way but its better to just hit em with an aerial imo. I gimped a Mac once with it. Doesn't work most of the time though. Not enough of a "push".

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
It seems to have pushback or a slight gust of wind when used on someone touching the orbitar shields when they spawn. You can sort of push away recovering enemies this way but its better to just hit em with an aerial imo. I gimped a Mac once with it. Doesn't work most of the time though. Not enough of a "push".
It's an odd effect. I'd say it functions more like pushing with a character instead of wind. It also appears to be effected by Pit's aerial momentum.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
So pit can literally push you down into the depths with a down-b edgeguard then maybe. I saw it on stream and it blocked and pushed very well so i want to see someone test it.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
So pit can literally push you down into the depths with a down-b edgeguard then maybe. I saw it on stream and it blocked and pushed very well so i want to see someone test it.
It's possible, but rare since most of us would rather just attack. It could put a hurt on characters with slow recoveries like DK or Bowser, though.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
It's possible, but rare since most of us would rather just attack. It could put a hurt on characters with slow recoveries like DK or Bowser, though.
Purely horizontal and probably purely vertical as well, yes. Whether it's onstage or off depends on whether they can or will sweetspot i think.

Scala

Smash Ace
I don't think it's better than the brawl version since it has a lot of recovery frames on it, but the pushing effect is pretty neat.

I wonder if you can block some character's up-b from reaching the ledge with down-b. I'll have to mess around with it next time I play

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
Brawl Pit
Special Attacks
-arrows (fast but hard to control)
-Hyayaahhaaa!
-One way shield (fast but only protects one side)
-power of flight (recovery move)
Smash attacks stayed somewhat similar
- Foward smash quick but short reach.
- Up smash that never killed
- Down smash "same"
Aerials
- up aerial (hard for opponent to dodge)
- back aerial "same"
- forward aerial similar to back aerial
- down aerial "same"
Other
Glide*

3ds Pit
Special Attacks
- arrows (slow but easy to control)
- counter fist
- two way shield (slow but protected from both sides)
- Power of flight
Smash attacks
- Foward smash with lots of ending lag but longer reach.
- Up smash with kill potential
Aerials
- up aerial similar to brawls but easier to escape
- Forward aerial similar to up areial
- down aerial can spike

So overall who do you think is the better pit?
Brawl points (things i like better in brawl)
- arrows, shield, up aerial, glide.
3ds points
- Counter fist, power of flight (doesn't leave you completely vulnerable), forward smash, up smash, forward aerial, and down aerial.

3ds pit is the winner for me!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I like Brawl Pit's up tilt better than Smash 4 Pit's.

MioTinto

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2162-7019
Just a correction, Pit's up special in Brawl isn't the Power of Flight. Power of Flight appeared first in KI:U. Pit dons the Wings of Pegasus as his up special in Brawl.

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
oh sry guys don't really know the names of the moves... what is that fist move pit uses in the 3ds one, i always forget the name :p

ShadowSlashX

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowSlash17
3DS FC
0216-0883-7959
The Bair in Brawl is much stronger if sweetspotted, stays out for a longer time, and has a very different knock back if sourspotted. Also a lot more landing lag.

I prefer 3ds Pit, but I really miss the Fair and Bair from Brawl. They were my most used moves and they were the ones that changed so much. I also prefer the Brawl DownB since the endlag on the new one is hard to get used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom