• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Arsenal: Pit Moveset Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Probably Viridi doing all the work XD

Thank god we can Up B after getting damaged. I remember being gimped so bad with WoI
But if Viridi would do that Pits wings would shine green. ^^ I want to play him now! >.<

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
So an issue of Famitsu recently came out, with some characters special attacks being explained as well as some custom moves.
Someone on Neogaf posted Pit's page translation:

"Neutral Special Attack
Palutena's Holy Bow: After firing, the direction of the light arrow can be changed. While drawing the bow, he can also aim upward.
Penetrating Bow: Fires a giant arrow that flies in a straight line. It cannot be directed, but pierces through the opponent.
Free Bow: He has complete control over the mysterious arrows that are fired. While the speed and power is lower, the charm is in being able to hit your target.

Side Special Attack
Strong Arm Upper-Dash: A special move that uses a divine weapon-- "Strong Arm." (known as Upperdash Arm) He rushes toward the opponent and unleashes a powerful upward attack that can send them flying.

Down Special Attack
Guardian Orbitars: Two giant shields appear on both sides and defend against attacks. Also, it reflects projectiles and nullifies attacks coming from above or below as well.
(That's not OP.)

Upward Special Attack
Miracle of Flight: The wings on the back glow and Pit takes off, flying high up. The move allows you to fly high as well as change your angle of flight if you decide not to attack.

Final Smash
Three Sacred Treasures
By using the Bow of Light, Pegasus Wing, and Mirror Shield freely, Pit can attack his opponents with almighty strength!
Powers up with the Three Sacred Treasures equipped! He fires massive bullets and lasers constantly, and ends with a massive attack at full strength. Call on the Three Sacred Treasures to help!!"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=124312766&postcount=18879

So guardian orbitars null attacks coming from above? That's pretty insane if it works like it sounds!

Last edited:

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
So an issue of Famitsu recently came out, with some characters special attacks being explained as well as some custom moves.
Someone on Neogaf posted Pit's page translation:

"Neutral Special Attack
Palutena's Holy Bow: After firing, the direction of the light arrow can be changed. While drawing the bow, he can also aim upward.
Penetrating Bow: Fires a giant arrow that flies in a straight line. It cannot be directed, but pierces through the opponent.
Free Bow: He has complete control over the mysterious arrows that are fired. While the speed and power is lower, the charm is in being able to hit your target.

Side Special Attack
Strong Arm Upper-Dash: A special move that uses a divine weapon-- "Strong Arm." (known as Upperdash Arm) He rushes toward the opponent and unleashes a powerful upward attack that can send them flying.

Down Special Attack
Guardian Orbitars: Two giant shields appear on both sides and defend against attacks. Also, it reflects projectiles and nullifies attacks coming from above or below as well.
(That's not OP.)

Upward Special Attack
Miracle of Flight: The wings on the back glow and Pit takes off, flying high up. The move allows you to fly high as well as change your angle of flight if you decide not to attack.

Final Smash
Three Sacred Treasures
By using the Bow of Light, Pegasus Wing, and Mirror Shield freely, Pit can attack his opponents with almighty strength!
Powers up with the Three Sacred Treasures equipped! He fires massive bullets and lasers constantly, and ends with a massive attack at full strength. Call on the Three Sacred Treasures to help!!"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=124312766&postcount=18879

So guardian orbitars null attacks coming from above? That's pretty insane if it works like it sounds!
We have a solution for Bowser's Down-B!!

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Upward Special Attack
Great find! I also find the wording curious: does this mean that there's a way to attack with the Miracle of Flight?
EDIT: I found the image in question:
06_smash03.jpg

Last edited:

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Maybe Pit can attack like the gliding / sliding attack in Brawl.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Haven't had alot of time to look this over, but it's nice to see regardless.

"Nullifies attacks from above and below," huh?
Hm, it might be talking about the super armor on startup.

And the big arrows look interesting. Am I the only one who's noticed the shot resembles the Silver Bow's Dash Cont. Fire? Might share some properties, like dealing more damage closer, (Well, exaggerated for SSB's standards. Most projectiles worked like this before.) or generally being short ranged. (Hope that isn't the case...)

Edit: Actually, the original line about the GOs makes it sound like it's really protecting from above and below. Huh. So I guess it's going to be some kind of makeshift guard.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Haven't had alot of time to look this over, but it's nice to see regardless.

"Nullifies attacks from above and below," huh?
Hm, it might be talking about the super armor on startup.

And the big arrows look interesting. Am I the only one who's noticed the shot resembles the Silver Bow's Dash Cont. Fire? Might share some properties, like dealing more damage closer, (Well, exaggerated for SSB's standards. Most projectiles worked like this before.) or generally being short ranged. (Hope that isn't the case...)

Edit: Actually, the original line about the GOs makes it sound like it's really protecting from above and below. Huh. So I guess it's going to be some kind of makeshift guard.
My guess is it will work similar to the mirror shield, offering more protection than a standard reflector.

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
Great find! I also find the wording curious: does this mean that there's a way to attack with the Miracle of Flight?
It could also mean that you can do aerials out of the Miracle of Flight : O

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wonder if one of his Flight variants does damage. It seems like some non-damaging move will have a damaging variant. If Mario's FLUDD and Rosalina's Gravity Pull move are to go by.

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
I wonder if one of his Flight variants does damage. It seems like some non-damaging move will have a damaging variant. If Mario's FLUDD and Rosalina's Gravity Pull move are to go by.
It's not mentioned as a variant

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's not mentioned as a variant
Yeah, I know that it's the normal Flight move. But since they showed what the arrow can do, I'm more interested in his other moves. I figured that the Flight would possibly have a damaging variant, though I don't really know what the other one would be.

Now that I think of it, is there a chance he'll get a Brawl-style shield? That'd might work as a variant too.

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
Yeah, I know that it's the normal Flight move. But since they showed what the arrow can do, I'm more interested in his other moves. I figured that the Flight would possibly have a damaging variant, though I don't really know what the other one would be.

Now that I think of it, is there a chance he'll get a Brawl-style shield? That'd might work as a variant too.
Don't the Orbiters already do what the Brawl shield did?

they probably don't reflect opponent's point of view/look, this could be a variant though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Don't the Orbiters already do what the Brawl shield did?

they probably don't reflect opponent's point of view/look, this could be a variant though.
They might. But I haven't seen if the Normal Orbiters can be aimed upwards. Though if it can, my bad.

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
They might. But I haven't seen if the Normal Orbiters can be aimed upwards. Though if it can, my bad.
They can't, don't feel bad ;D

I honestly don't know what they can do for variations with the orbiters.

I can see a slower, non-flinchable Miracles of Flight.

Orchestrafanboy19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Orchestrafanboy
3DS FC
1435-5592-4731
Do you think the piercing arrows can be aimed directly upward? I know it says that they can't be aimed, but I assume that means after you fire it.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Do you think the piercing arrows can be aimed directly upward? I know it says that they can't be aimed, but I assume that means after you fire it.
Hmm, I'd think that one of the defining characteristics of the move is being able to shoot straight up, so I'd guess it means you just can't redirect it mid-flight. Either way, that's the one I'm using.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Mh. In Kid Icarus Uprising you can block the projectiles with an air role and you aren't be pursued longer after the role.

Maybe Pits alternative specials are also protective. Okay he will not do a role in SSB4 but maybe he could do a loop? ( Meta-Knight could that do ). Though I think its very unlikely. ^^

Other opportunities could be:

- He can control the direction during the flight
- He flies further than usually
- Heavy armor? (On the one hand I exclude that. On the other hand he had that in Kid Icarus Uprising. He flies consistently to the destination. )
- He damages the opponents during touch him.
- He flies faster than usually

But this is just a presumption.

Last edited:

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
I feel like the orbitars might be tall enough that having to aim them upwards is rendered moot. Those things cover a ton of space o_O

Maybe there might be orbitar variations involving how long you can have them out? For instance, one version can be held out indefinitely, but is weaker in some way, while another can only be used for so long but doesn't have many other weaknesses.

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
How about a Charged Shot from Guardian Orbiters? in Uprising, IIRC, a Big shield floats in front of you, and attacks others, but it's slow.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
In SSB4 Pit uses the charged shot already. ( All shields are charged shots ). But in SSB4 the shields have wings without sprint shots. But its a nice idea that the shields attacks the opponents.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Where does the Miracle of Flight originate from Uprising? I know he can't fly in Uprising. How does it work is it Chargeable?

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
Where does the Miracle of Flight originate from Uprising? I know he can't fly in Uprising. How does it work is it Chargeable?
Miracle of Flight is not a move, it's given to Pit by Palutena to guide him to where his mission is (or when needed) and can only be maintained for 5 minutes (in the game's canon)

Palutena controls the direction of Pit here, he can only move up, down right or left but without turning around!

Kid Icarus: Uprising chapters are mostly divided into two parts, first section is Air Battle (here Miracle of Flight is being put to use) second section is on Ground Battle, you can't fly here, and you can never use the Miracle of Flight in any way.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Wow, that customizable arrow seems interesting and not what I was expecting. It's a staple of my Pit playing to fire off quick projectiles, but that piercing large arrow could have some real potential depending on how fast it fires.

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
Wow, that customizable arrow seems interesting and not what I was expecting. It's a staple of my Pit playing to fire off quick projectiles, but that piercing large arrow could have some real potential depending on how fast it fires.
It'll only annoy my friends more and make them hate Pit more :p <3

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
My predictions on variants are...

Uspecial
2x distance, but slow.
Slightly less distance, but deals damage.

Sspecial
Fast, no armor. Basically Raptor Boost.
Slow, no armor, high power. Basically a moving Falcon Punch.

Dspecial
Smaller, closer shots that deal damage.
Doesn't reflect projectiles, but turns opponents around when struck.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
It'll only annoy my friends more and make them hate Pit more :p <3
Wasn't he using it on Ike? Oh boy, if that arrow breaks Counter, my Ike maining buddy is going to be in for a rude Fire Emblem awakening!

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
My predictions on variants are...

Uspecial
2x distance, but slow.
Slightly less distance, but deals damage.

Sspecial
Fast, no armor. Basically Raptor Boost.
Slow, no armor, high power. Basically a moving Falcon Punch.

Dspecial
Smaller, closer shots that deal damage.
Doesn't reflect projectiles, but turns opponents around when struck.
Try to remember that not ALL custom moves are variant. Only the character's animation needs to be the same which means you can make it more like...

Up Special
-Slow but controllable variant, similar to a Glide
-Fast variant that deals damage

Side Special
-Moves farther and faster but deals no knockback with some damage
-Doesn't move at all, but is incredibly powerful and fast

Down Special
-No shield, shoots projectiles from both sides
-Puts shields that stay there

Judging from Mega Man's custom specials, it's possible that Pit could get different weapons for each one which means there are even more possibilities.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995

Judging from Mega Man's custom specials, it's possible that Pit could get different weapons for each one which means there are even more possibilities.
I'd love this. While I will go out and say that it's unlikely since Palutena's "gimmick" is her choices and Dark Pit (should) get these weapons before Pit, this would be fantastic. He needs to use his bow since his animation is so specific, but who is to say that the changes for his Guardian Orbitars won't be the Gemini Orbitars that do more damage or the Fairy Orbitars which shoot out shots. Heck, maybe they gave him a Palm instead for that last example! I don't think his animations will change, but the moves surrounding his animations could be very different weapons.

I will say, I'd much prefer Dark Pit to have these changes naturally than for Pit to get them as custom moves and for Dark Pit to have Pit's base weapons cloned too.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I'd love this. While I will go out and say that it's unlikely since Palutena's "gimmick" is her choices and Dark Pit (should) get these weapons before Pit, this would be fantastic. He needs to use his bow since his animation is so specific, but who is to say that the changes for his Guardian Orbitars won't be the Gemini Orbitars that do more damage or the Fairy Orbitars which shoot out shots. Heck, maybe they gave him a Palm instead for that last example! I don't think his animations will change, but the moves surrounding his animations could be very different weapons.

I will say, I'd much prefer Dark Pit to have these changes naturally than for Pit to get them as custom moves and for Dark Pit to have Pit's base weapons cloned too.
Well, Dark Pit could have other weapons as well seeing as there are 12 types of weapons. Maybe Dark Pit will get the crusher arm, volcano arm, and electro arm while Pit has the arm he has now, taurus arm, and a third arm. Not these six specifically but you get the gist.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well, Dark Pit could have other weapons as well seeing as there are 12 types of weapons. Maybe Dark Pit will get the crusher arm, volcano arm, and electro arm while Pit has the arm he has now, taurus arm, and a third arm. Not these six specifically but you get the gist.
There's certainly potential there for some interesting custom moves. I kind of imagine Dark Pit will favour more savage and brutal weapons, while Pit will go for more balanced and easy-to-use weapons.

That's purely idle speculation, of course. I'm hoping Sakurai remembers the cosmic expanse worth of weapons he put into Uprising and our boys get some more good use out of them. ;3

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
There's certainly potential there for some interesting custom moves. I kind of imagine Dark Pit will favour more savage and brutal weapons, while Pit will go for more balanced and easy-to-use weapons.

That's purely idle speculation, of course. I'm hoping Sakurai remembers the cosmic expanse worth of weapons he put into Uprising and our boys get some more good use out of them. ;3
I think Sakurai is just too afraid to change movesets, as that will force fans of certain characters to change their playstyles and they may not like change.

Although Pit already is very different, probably the most re-modified of the veterans.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I think Sakurai is just too afraid to change movesets, as that will force fans of certain characters to change their playstyles and they may not like change.

Although Pit already is very different, probably the most re-modified of the veterans.
True, but Pit still maintains the essence of who he is. He keeps a projectile-opposing Down Special, he keeps a projectile reflecting offensive Side Special, and he keeps his wings in his Up Special. However, each one was changed to fit his gameplay in KI:U more. the Up Special was the biggest change, but that was mostly to buff Pit anyway (his Brawl version was terribly gimpable). All of Pit's other attacks are kept in tact.

What you do say does bring to mind the reason as to why Ganondorf likely won't have his moveset changed though- what would you possibly replace it with while maintaining his type of playstyle?

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
True, but Pit still maintains the essence of who he is. He keeps a projectile-opposing Down Special, he keeps a projectile reflecting offensive Side Special, and he keeps his wings in his Up Special. However, each one was changed to fit his gameplay in KI:U more. the Up Special was the biggest change, but that was mostly to buff Pit anyway (his Brawl version was terribly gimpable). All of Pit's other attacks are kept in tact.

What you do say does bring to mind the reason as to why Ganondorf likely won't have his moveset changed though- what would you possibly replace it with while maintaining his type of playstyle?
I'd say the new Uspecial was more of a nerf, but yaknow.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I'd say the new Uspecial was more of a nerf, but yaknow.
Hmm, I've only ever seen it as a buff, so could you elaborate?

Despite Pit being my main in Brawl, I hated his Up B with a passion. While it covers lots of ground, a hit far away from the field that forces Pit to exhaust all of his jumps will likely be the death of him since any competent player should be able to land even a weak hit on Pit after his Up B launches, forcing him into a free fall. If the special could be reused after being hit, then I'd be fine, but the fact that it restricts his defense against edge-guarding is pretty crippling. I can't count the amount of times that I've lost stocks because I've been hit by a measly arrow from Toon Link, a PK Thunder by Ness, or, most dangerously, a thrown item. To me, a far-reaching, reliable recovery option is a much better idea (unless it also has the same flaw that Brawl's did, but I haven't heard that yet).

Then again, I'm not a very "competitive" player. Yeah, I've played frequently ever since its release date, but I've never been to a tournament and wouldn't even know how my playing stacks up against pros. I'd appreciate it if you could shed some light on the benefits of his Brawl one or the weaknesses of his new one.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Hmm, I've only ever seen it as a buff, so could you elaborate?

Despite Pit being my main in Brawl, I hated his Up B with a passion. While it covers lots of ground, a hit far away from the field that forces Pit to exhaust all of his jumps will likely be the death of him since any competent player should be able to land even a weak hit on Pit after his Up B launches, forcing him into a free fall. If the special could be reused after being hit, then I'd be fine, but the fact that it restricts his defense against edge-guarding is pretty crippling. I can't count the amount of times that I've lost stocks because I've been hit by a measly arrow from Toon Link, a PK Thunder by Ness, or, most dangerously, a thrown item. To me, a far-reaching, reliable recovery option is a much better idea (unless it also has the same flaw that Brawl's did, but I haven't heard that yet).

Then again, I'm not a very "competitive" player. Yeah, I've played frequently ever since its release date, but I've never been to a tournament and wouldn't even know how my playing stacks up against pros. I'd appreciate it if you could shed some light on the benefits of his Brawl one or the weaknesses of his new one.
Not exactly a tournament player myself, but I've always loved the amount of time and control you had. You could do a ton of stuff with it, like flying up and over characters without projectiles, use it to fall even faster, or use it to move through the air in ways not possible otherwise. Then there's gimmicky stuff like flinging Party Balls and Rolling Crates, and even pushing opponents out of reach of the ledge. There was Wingdashing too, but I was never good at that. :p

And I'm pretty sure you get the recovery back in SSB4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom