• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Arsenal: Pit Moveset Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmQq8cxKc1E
At 0:52, the shields appear to block (or at least interact with) Marth's Up-Smash.
At 1:35, Pit scores a vertical KO off of Marth at 117% (Master Chief confirmed!)
At 1:50, he lands a hit on Marth at only 7% and sends him at least halfway up the screen.
Finally, at 2:29, he lands a fresh hit after just being KO'd on Link at 50%, and quite nearly takes the stock.

To sum up:
1. The move seems to have better-than-decent vertical knockback....
2. ...until knockback degradation rears its ugly head. WHY IS THIS STILL IN THE GAME SAKURAI?!
Can't say I trust the knockback we've seen with how awkward it is. I wouldn't expect to see Pit fling Marth so far at a low percent in the final game. At 52... Hm, did the GOs push Marth when he hit the shields? The shields might offer some protection, but not alot from the looks of it. But that push... If they really can push after the shields are out, this might lead to some interesting edgeguarding. But I'm still uncertain what the stinkin' things will actually do after my experience on SSB3D. (Damage instead of pushing, low knockback. Yes, on a real character.)

The rest is probably a direct result of the crazy knockback, for better or worse. And there's no way the Upperdash was that powerful when I was playing. I don't know... The fifty-two versions of the game might just be so we can't learn anything useful from the demo, sadly.

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
Can't say I trust the knockback we've seen with how awkward it is. I wouldn't expect to see Pit fling Marth so far at a low percent in the final game. At 52... Hm, did the GOs push Marth when he hit the shields? The shields might offer some protection, but not alot from the looks of it. But that push... If they really can push after the shields are out, this might lead to some interesting edgeguarding. But I'm still uncertain what the stinkin' things will actually do after my experience on SSB3D. (Damage instead of pushing, low knockback. Yes, on a real character.)

The rest is probably a direct result of the crazy knockback, for better or worse. And there's no way the Upperdash was that powerful when I was playing. I don't know... The fifty-two versions of the game might just be so we can't learn anything useful from the demo, sadly.
Can you show some examples of 'awkward knockback'. I've yet to see any examples that can't be explained as either:
1) Stale Move Negation
2) Small percentage differences have higher knock back then they did in previous games.

Thus far everything I have seen and experienced has been consistent.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Can you show some examples of 'awkward knockback'. I've yet to see any examples that can't be explained as either:
1) Stale Move Negation
2) Small percentage differences have higher knock back then they did in previous games.

Thus far everything I have seen and experienced has been consistent.
I call it awkward in the sense it feels horribly rushed and unfinished, not necessarily random. This does not look like something the final game will have.

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
I call it awkward in the sense it feels horribly rushed and unfinished, not necessarily random. This does not look like something the final game will have.
I can agree with that. I think the knock back scaling hasn't been finalized yet. I'm sure they are still balancing it out for each character and every attack. But it's definitely not as random as people are saying it is. Same characters with same percentages look to be consistently dealing the same knock back.

We've seen the knock back change before. Mega Man's knock back was very powerful during the Mario vs Mega Man showcase. It has been significantly reduced since that point of time.

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
in videos, Seems to me that, Pit's Back-air has almost no lag, Maybe I need my eyes checked, Hope it is true because I love his bair and I use it alot.

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
At 0:52, the shields appear to block (or at least interact with) Marth's Up-Smash.
At 1:35, Pit scores a vertical KO off of Marth at 117% (Master Chief confirmed!)
At 1:50, he lands a hit on Marth at only 7% and sends him at least halfway up the screen.
Finally, at 2:29, he lands a fresh hit after just being KO'd on Link at 50%, and quite nearly takes the stock.

To sum up:
1. The move seems to have better-than-decent vertical knockback....
2. ...until knockback degradation rears its ugly head. WHY IS THIS STILL IN THE GAME SAKURAI?!
A little late to this party, but something else I noticed in that video. When Mother Brain comes out, Pit hits one of the rings that flies around with his Side B and destroys it. We've already seen his side B deflect some more powerful projectiles. Maybe it can break through others (weaker ones)? If the rings count as projectiles...

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Do you think it works also against Samus' charge beam ?

I think projectiles like Falcos / Fox will not be countered by Pit like Pikachus B neutral.

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Those rings can be destroyed and shot down in the Metroid games. Pit destroying them probably has nothing to do with his Upperdash arm.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Maybe Pit can destroy all the projectiles which cancel each other. For example Pits arrow and Samus missle. ^^

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
A little late to this party, but something else I noticed in that video. When Mother Brain comes out, Pit hits one of the rings that flies around with his Side B and destroys it. We've already seen his side B deflect some more powerful projectiles. Maybe it can break through others (weaker ones)? If the rings count as projectiles...
It's probably a property of the projectile, because the Rinkas are actually considered to be enemies in Metroid.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
According to this article, many of Pit's attacks have a tipper like Marth's. It even says his blades flash with a successful one!
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/article/competitive-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds/

And, well, I need to go through the data again for the %s and such. I had a bit typed up but then the page was erased because of a freeze. Yeah... That's kinda why I've been holding off for so long. But with this new info and the Comic con tournament coming up, I'll hold off a bit longer.

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
According to this article, many of Pit's attacks have a tipper like Marth's. It even says his blades flash with a successful one!
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/article/competitive-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds/

And, well, I need to go through the data again for the %s and such. I had a bit typed up but then the page was erased because of a freeze. Yeah... That's kinda why I've been holding off for so long. But with this new info and the Comic con tournament coming up, I'll hold off a bit longer.
Aw yeaaahhh. I love the tipper on his back air in Brawl and Project M, so it looks like I'm going to have fun! It's also nice to hear that the rapid jabs have been buffed since I really like building up damage using Pit's jabs.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
An improved Pit is just what I needed. And yes, F-tilt has a sweetspot at the longer ranged point of the move, indicated by a vid showing Pit's moves.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I took two pictures. As you can see there is smoke. But maybe it appears earlier than in Brawl. ^^ ( For example witz 30 % / 20 % damage ) But I don't believe that. I think Pit has much damage.

Last edited:

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
we know Pit had great recovery, this just shows.. that Zelda's mighty sweet-spotted Dair is now weakened.

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
I took two pictures. As you can see there is smoke. But maybe it appears earlier than in Brawl. ^^ ( For example witz 30 % / 20 % damage ) But I don't believe that. I think Pit has much damage.

I think that's just a trail from getting hit by the spike.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I hope this also means Pit can recover from spikes better. Back then, it seemed like he was the only one that couldn't shake it off and took full hitstun in Brawl, but now it looks like he can finally resist it better, as well as possessing a Spike (that isn't that super close D-tilt) as well. Things are looking good for our little angel so far.

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
I hope this also means Pit can recover from spikes better. Back then, it seemed like he was the only one that couldn't shake it off and took full hitstun in Brawl, but now it looks like he can finally resist it better, as well as possessing a Spike (that isn't that super close D-tilt) as well. Things are looking good for our little angel so far.
from 0 to 30%, When Zelda gave me that spike, I always had the chance to return to stage, except when Zelda comes back and then attack me again because I can't use his recovery twice :(

Maybe Pit now is heavier (doesn't seem to be) but I believe that's a nerf for Zelda's spike and not a buff for Pit.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I really hope he'll be able to use Up-B again in the final product. I'll forgive no gliding a bit if it happens, but I still think he can resist spikes a bit more as opposed to Brawl only because he doesn't suffer the full hitstun anymore, or at least that's what my theory is.

Last edited:

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
He definitely can, Which is why I much prefer his new Up-B than the old one (I even prefer his Project M up-B, I have sad memories with Wings of Icarus)

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
So after watching Pit's gameplay, I'm fairly confident he'll be at least A-Tier. A for Angel!
But seriously, he's one of my top three picks for main.

Last edited:

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
he does have all things, lagless bair, also almost lagless fair, very good range, projectile, very good recovery and alot of jumps, killing moves, super armor move, good damage deal and Tip on most of his moves and not just bair.

Also, lots of multihit moves for a game with hard SDI (so far)

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
he does have all things, lagless bair, also almost lagless fair, very good range, projectile, very good recovery and alot of jumps, killing moves, super armor move, good damage deal and Tip on most of his moves and not just bair.

Also, lots of multihit moves for a game with hard SDI (so far)
His Bair and Fair have about as much lag as before from what I recall.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I guess Palutena upgrade Pit's wings since she's to busy to supervise his recovery herself this time.

Good luck killing us now > : D

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
I guess Palutena upgrade Pit's wings since she's to busy to supervise his recovery herself this time.

Good luck killing us now > : D
Probably Viridi doing all the work XD

Thank god we can Up B after getting damaged. I remember being gimped so bad with WoI

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
With that new Pit data, I'm looking forward to more Pit. I just hope one of his Up-B custom specials will actually do damage.

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom