• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~// The Hawaii Thread \\~ V2.0

Darkmusician

Smash Master
haha, just for you bobby.
LOLZ Thank you Joel. Seriously dude, you should post more. ^_^

Power Rankings sound good to me. I'm interested in how much I've improved.

I took the whole day off from smash. I am in teh zone and hungry to play. Ready to drink the pwn sauce! Hawaii's Zelda is good to go! I'm ready to give it my very best! And if I go down, my @$$ is going down $ Kicking!!!

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
guys...i think i for sure...wont be there tomorrow. i wanted to go really badly and see where i stand. but i cant. not like you guys care about it anyway. cause im not an active smasher. although i AM good. not being concieted. i would love to show off my fox and ylink to everyone but sadly..again...i wont be there. sorry.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Andrew=/=good
Nah, nah, just jokes. Friggin you were supposed to come! Gah, I'm playing you next time. I'm a slight bit better in Fox dittos now, so I should do better.

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
next months band schedule is friggin...choked....i have something like practice or rehearsal every day....guess gotta wait til summer. or maybe i should just wait for brawl. or do you guys wanna fight me that badly?

Oshiro

Smash Journeyman
Woo, I did a Taipon Punch on Dex!
Also, I did his evil double box edge guard against him!

About power rankings, what if by some miracle a non us is in top 10? o_o?

Leoneri

Smash Ace
Wait, can't clear the events...? Aww...I can beat it for you if you bring it.

And Tom, who cares. We all have a small ranking system in our heads anyway.
Wouldn't the copying data from memory card be easier? :p

Unless you guys have tips for event 36, and the event where you are fox and have to fight falco/captain falcon at the same time, the mr game & watch vs. many G&W, Another one, then event 51. :p

Anyway I have no idea when I can come to a smashfest, my mom doesn't like the idea of getting a ride from people I don't know and such.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
tell your mother to drive you there and experience with you.

by the way, it is 0228 right now. and i still haven't slept yet. i am kind of depress that i cannot use my japanese ken controller tmr. because the joystick is acting up. it keeps DIing up. can't even shl with that ****.

and. scott is not coming.

i need choke red bull tmr. i mean later today.

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
What the hell am I doing up!!!
I better sleep, my gaw is playing good, gotta let the knowledge and experience settle into my brain.
Sleep time!!!
Good luck to all us guys.
Here's hoping none of us loses in the first round.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Wow, I had some pretty vivid dreams last night. But I'm well rested and ready to go. One hour till I leave the house. I just hope I remember the street that Joel lives on.

Tsk tsk Terence. Staying up so late. lolz You guys can sleep in my car if you want. ^_^

Yeah Dex! Show um the G Dub Christmas Rush!!! =D

Here's hoping that none of experiece a "Mexi-GAME!!!" >_>

Edit: Heading out now! Cya in a bit Merc and Townies!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Good luck everyone, I'll keep checking here to see you guys link to a results thread (thats what you should do after tourneys, make a results thread, dont just post shoutouts here)

FireFly

Smash Lord
crap someone should have written down the results, but i kinda remember em from memory.
I'M SO HAPPY I GOT FIRST PLACE! Thanks for everyone for showing up, keeping a good sport, having fun, and everything. I really wanted bragging rights and i got em!

Lit

Smash Ace
**** I WISH I COULD GO TO HAWII... not just for smash but for the fact that i never been to hawii before...

Leoneri

Smash Ace
Don't double post :) But I hate it here in Hawaii, didn't want to come in the first place. And aobut my mother driving me up there...she doesn't have a car yet

Two more challenges to FD! The all star smash one where you are timed to beat it, I almost beat it, had one life left and 40 seconds to kill Ganondorf, died with 28 seconds left :/. And then event 51.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
results as i remember
1ST TOM
2ND FRANKIE
3RD NICK
4TH DEXTER
5TH ARVIN AND TERENCE
then probably Merc>Shoyo>Oshiro and Bobby

I really don't remember much. we should had asked for the result list from play n trade.

frankie said that play n trade kind of reminds him of livewire. i think it does because of the friendly environment. the tourney didn't ran smoothly which kind of pissed me off. first the system crashed and they forgot to put about 30 people in the brackets. also they made matches from a set to just one game expect for finals and grand finals. kind of bull**** to me. but overall i think it was a really good experience. i know we can all conclude that our community is the best in hawaii. we totally pwn the tourney.

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
Yay!!! 4th place!!!
I am Hawaii's Game and Watch!!!

That tourney was an awesome experience. I needed that high placing to make me feel better about my game. But, it might not go so well next time! LOL

Congrats to JGC for owning this tournament!
By the way, JGC mean Jose's Garage Crew.

And dam, tom, $300!!! Even thought it's store credit, that's still awesome!
I wanted my money back for placing 4th.

Again, awesome, just awesome.

Oshiro

Smash Journeyman
Today was fun, JGC is the best on the island!

Also, I want the vid of me vs. Frankie, I lost, but it was hella close, both of us were sweatin'.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
yeah frankie i think you should contact jeremy (the store owner?) for results and make a tourney result thread. that'd be awesome.

it's really hard to admit but i don't think i really deserve 5th place though. i just had a easy bracket afterall. *sigh* my falco ain't all that good comparing to nick and merc, they totally amazed all the other falco players in the tourney.

my name gamer tag is HK by the way. i just feel like having one.

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
LOL, I technically was supposed to be playing for 3rd place, but I think they kinda got confused on the matchups and made me play for 4th instead.

See, I lost to frankie in the winner's final, meaning I go to the loser's bracket and challenge the winner of the loser's side, which was Tom. But tom bypassed me and went straight to frankie without playing me, and instead I got matched with nick. Nick losing to tom already made him 4th. I think that's how it was supposed to be.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Maaaaaaaaan...I am WIPED!!! I felt soooo sick on the way home. Felt like throwing up and falling asleep at the same time. X_X But a good shower and a propel drink and I'm feeling fine now!!! =D

I had some tough brackets. Only played one noob. Then I had Eugene and then Dexter. O_O

Ooooooooh my goodness!!! That match with you Dex was so intense. Hawaii's Game and Watch vs Hawaii's Zelda! My hands were trembling after it was over. I apologize for collapsing to the ground after it was done. I was just so mentally and physically drained. I was actually crying cause I wanted to win so bad. It was a great experience!!! ^_^

CONGRATS TOM!!! We're all happy for you!!! ^_____^

I finished in the TOP 10!!! Out of like 80 people!!! Which btw today was the largest Play n Trade EVER in the USA!!! Woooooooah!!! O_O

It was nice to see everyone come out and play. Here's to the Waipahu crew and everyone else! And thank you to everyone for the gas money! Good times good times!

My new project is to make a giant wallpaper of the JGC! Everyone's main and our names. I hope I can get everybody! O_O BEST GROUP OF SMASHERS IN HAWAII!!!

I AM HAWAII'S ZELDA! lolz

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
results as i remember
1ST TOM
2ND FRANKIE
3RD NICK
4TH DEXTER
5TH ARVIN AND TERENCE
then probably Merc>Shoyo>Oshiro and Bobby

I really don't remember much. we should had asked for the result list from play n trade.

frankie said that play n trade kind of reminds him of livewire. i think it does because of the friendly environment. the tourney didn't ran smoothly which kind of pissed me off. first the system crashed and they forgot to put about 30 people in the brackets. also they made matches from a set to just one game expect for finals and grand finals. kind of bull**** to me. but overall i think it was a really good experience. i know we can all conclude that our community is the best in hawaii. we totally pwn the tourney.
Yeah, what you said. Those first brackets were the bomb and then! All scrubs! And your falco is a lot better now. Lot's of good DI, techs, and combos.

Anyway, grats to everyone. JGC friggin *****! I got some good experience, and I'm ready for another one. Really tired though. Imma go sleep at like 10:30 today.

Special grats to Tom. Good job man. You're just lucky you never played me >.>
Dam, 300 bucks credit...I needs me a Wii still!

Oshiro

Smash Journeyman
I don't play gay, since I don't spam lasers like a *****.

Maybe if I practice Roy more, I'd main him. The only reason why he is in my avatar is because he looks cool in his red armor =/

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
ill say...i suck...and i need to practice up. keep me updated on next weeks smash fest(s) if there is one or more. i need to practice...with people other than, the vp boys.

well, at least i had my "style points" show. sept for that darn dthrow spike merck did on me. heh. "reverse SHDL!" ill do it...."double shine!" ill do it..."infinite shine!"...i did six...heh...and finally..."MOONWALK WITH FOX!" i did it =)....cool im satisfied. but yeah, gotta do what merck said "just play people man"

k see yas.

Leoneri

Smash Ace
I wish I could've gone, sounds like fun. Congrats to all of you. I just cleared event 51! yay for FD, it was the closest call ever though...almost didn't get it.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
And all of us in Hawaii miss you too Tony!!! Come back soon! ^_^

If anyone has any good images of their "mains" or stuff send me some links. Keep in mind that there will be about 26 of us on this thing so nothing too large. I might do some larger images for the Four Pillars though. lolz

So yeah send me links orsend them to me via AIM. No pun intended. So that I can put together a uber wall paper. The more images the better cause I want everyones image to be different. Even if more than one of us use the same character.

Oh yeah and Oshiro I was gonna do roy for you since he has fire. lolz But if you want Sheik just lemme know.

Top Bottom