• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Hall of Fame - Pokemon Trainer Tournament Results

RichBrown

Smash Master
Actually you are getting second because I'm going. I'm going to beat you sunday. No more upsmash in the final 8 seconds bull****.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
i'm gonna win a tournament on sunday, just a heads up
Hey, typh, I'm feeling pretty confident in my self. I'll try to spot you in ranking for the tourny. In otherwords I'll try to match your ranking you get.

Even though I'm in LA, I have a pretty big tourny tommorow and guys from FL,LA,MS, and TX are coming... a yeah and AK. I'm estimating around 60 people cuz we usually get 30-40 at regulars. So yeah I'm gona try to match you in ranking(no matter how much bigger or smaller our tournies are to each other) you get 10th I'll try to get 10th. you get 1st(really hard for me cuz I gotta go through Lee:need god mode) then I will definatly try to kill myself for 1st.

I figure this would be another thing to try and push myself to rasaie my competative level, even though you are in CA. With my TL and PT game I'm confident I'll get further this time around. >=D my body is itching for some brawl. :psycho::psycho::chuckle::p

Edit: I wish oyu the best of luck at your tourny and get some wins for us.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
ok since its been like 12 hours I'll just come out and say I didnt place high even though results havent come out yet, but at least I got complimented on how good I was with PT and TL, so that was a sign of improvement. Sorry I failed, I'm gona have to spend this winter in some research and training....

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
i got 2nd out of 25 or something and i got $60 in store credit but they didnt have anything so i spend it all on pokemon cards

yeaaaaaah

Bomber7

Smash Hero
ok I got my results:

Bomber/25 of 33/ Louisiana Last Smash/ Toon Link and Pokemon Trainer

>>>>Bomber failed on a regional scale....

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
25th of 112 in Singles, Oh Snap! 4. PT only.

not bad. could have made it at least one round deeper but idk if squirt fatigued dthrow facing corneria fin on 109% pit kills. :( was fsmashed shortly thereafter.

still, not bad.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
25th of 112 in Singles, Oh Snap! 4. PT only.

not bad. could have made it at least one round deeper but idk if squirt fatigued dthrow facing corneria fin on 109% pit kills. :( was fsmashed shortly thereafter.

still, not bad.
wasnt that tourny in texas or was it in a neighboring state? cuz i remember santi mentioning that. i think he went to that.

Edit: Congratz btw on your good ranking with only PT, I hope I'll eventually get that good, its just in LA we got some really tough smashers with really high tier characters.

Adriel

Smash Journeyman
typh no u come to norcal!!!!!!

Well, if there's a tournament in between NorCal and SoCal, let's both go, okay?

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
4th/8 Danny's C4 Special (Mississauga Casuals Tourney 1) PT + GaW

^ May not seem like much but there were 4 Ontario PR members there and everyone there has placed well in big and more legit tournaments (Top 17/72 for 1 guy, Ambrose is like top 5 everywhere lol, etc.)

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
then i went 0-2 in brackets LOL i suck

making it out of pools was super tough, a lot of good players didn't make it out (like edrees and mike haze, 6 and 8 on socal power rankings respectively) because the way they ran pools was top 3 out of NINE advanced...

Miles.

Smash Champion
then i went 0-2 in brackets LOL i suck

making it out of pools was super tough, a lot of good players didn't make it out (like edrees and mike haze, 6 and 8 on socal power rankings respectively) because the way they ran pools was top 3 out of NINE advanced...
So what place did you get Typhy?

Toby.

Smash Master
Sup guys. I went to decently sized (50 people or so, brawl and melee) 2 day tournament over the weekend. Sadly the official competition was all doubles and crews, but rest assured I repped PT a fair bit. I had a lot of singles friendlies against some excellent players, so hopefully some of those were recorded.

My crew, 'OMG 4 ***ing METAKNIGHTS' came second overall. I took off 5 stock against The Ward (good QL crew captained by Vyse, and excellent diddy player), so that was cool ^_^. I think we were one of the only crews not to have a single metaknight. Good times.

In doubles I played pretty badly and screwed up a fair bit, so we only came 4th :(

I was also selected for the NSW state crew, who took on the combined best players of Queensland and Victoria. We destroyed them :p.

So yah, for IRL's copy/paste:

2nd of 9 in Crews, 4th of 17 in Doubles at Don't Come, PT only.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
I'm gonna be going to an ESTICLE series tourney when i get back for winterbreak, and if its brawl as well as melee i'll rep the pt there.

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
4th/8 Danny's C4 Special (Mississauga Casuals Tourney 1) PT + GaW in 1 match (vs another GaW)

I will have a top 8 for us from the tourney i am going to this thursday, its a school tourney but there will be about 50% competent players (since it costs money ultrascrubs will stay away) and its 32 man so I think I can snag a top 8.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
good stuff PT's. if the rest of the nation were like Cali, PT would be mid tier lol

5th of 16 Singles, "Casa del Fino", PT only.

i got two epic replays saved of the tourney set vs Fino's Olimar. two stock yo.

Miles.

Smash Champion
Already posted in Ankoku's thread, so I may as well post it here also.

S2D Weeklies:: Louisville, KY Dec, 13th, '08.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthrea...176121&page=70

Entry fee:: $5

1st: $50
2nd: $30
3rd: ???

Top 8 out of 25 attendees:

1. Equi (Wolf)
2. Rowan :: DraikRoan (Pokemon Trainer)
3. Hilt (Olimar)
4. Tactical (Lucario)
5. calic (Pikachu)
6. Jiano (Snake)
7. Xisin (Marth)
7. Vy (Mario)

MK Banned!!

-----
See first post.

I am lazy.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Uh, I got second out of 27 in a Tallahassee tournament this weekend, using mostly PT; a little Wario, and a smidge of Samus.

Tournaments aren't incredibly populated in the Southeast. :/

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Uh, I got second out of 27 in a Tallahassee tournament this weekend, using mostly PT; a little Wario, and a smidge of Samus.

Tournaments aren't incredibly populated in the Southeast. :/
would it be right to compare that statement to college football cuz you know the SEC is a whole other league in football. I dont care what SEC team you are for SEC is SEC for me(but of course I'll still be for LSU first) but otherside SEC rox the US. :)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
WABA Game Dec. Brawl Monthly
Entrants - 40 (only top 25 places are displayed)
Entry fee - $10
Locale - Duluth, GA

Top 8 -

1. Reflex (Pkmn Trainer/Wario)
2. BigLou (Luigi)
3. Kismet (Falco)
4. Ice (Zelda)
5. Desu (King Dedede)
5. Yoster (Meta Knight)
7. Elev8 (King Dedede)
7. VietG (Toon Link/Marth)

Results - here
Aren't I cool?

Only went Wario in Grand Finals, when PT wasn't working. I need to work on fighting Luigi, it seems, 'cause going Wario to fight Luigi better isn't comforting. >_>

Top Bottom