• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion

No, seriously, why not?

At this point, Runbow is basically Indie Game Smash Bros (except with 9 players), not to mention the obvious choice, Quote or Curly Brace from Cave Story, isn't here yet, possibly meaning that a few more characters may be added.

Edit: After some poking around, some people are questioning why Wayforward has no representatives yet.

Last edited:

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
We've still got a chance, dammit.
We're getting close and closer to te end, and even though those online polls aren't accurate we've still got a good spot, enough for Sakurai to hopefully see her and her history.
Rev up some hype music, 'cuz these last months are gonna fly by.

B.H. and DD

Smash Apprentice
It's things like this and the near constant string of new supporters that make me dare to think, "This might actually work...!"
(Not that I'm letting my guard down just yet.)
This is EXACTLY how I feel. Every once in a while I get super hyped but I have to remember to not get my hopes up.

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
It's things like this and the near constant string of new supporters that make me dare to think, "This might actually work...!"
(Not that I'm letting my guard down just yet.)
Considering how Nintendo possibly didn't contact Wayforward for 13AM game's Runbow, this could mean that Shantae is clearly meant for something bigger...

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Considering how Nintendo possibly didn't contact Wayforward for 13AM game's Runbow, this could mean that Shantae is clearly meant for something bigger...
So far, this is true. Whether or not any other guest characters will make an appearance in Runbow remains a mystery, but it does say Q3 2015 as a release date for the game, so this could potentially be the last batch of them.

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
So far, this is true. Whether or not any other guest characters will make an appearance in Runbow remains a mystery, but it does say Q3 2015 as a release date for the game, so this could potentially be the last batch of them.
Maybe Shantae (and possibly Quote from Cave Story, as he's an obvious choice) could be added as surprise guests at the last minute.

If not...

conTAgi0n

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1668 7817 3192
There is still hope? We've still got a chance? Guys our chances now look better than ever. Shantae's popularity has been rising ever since the poll opened. If we can keep this trend going by spreading the word and defending her against naysayers, our chances are gonna be better than we ever had any right to hope for.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Forgot to post this #ShantaeforSmash art I made yesterday.
Darn Instagram compression...

By the way, does anyone know any simple way to get "Dance through the danger" out of their head?

I've been trying to listen to "All I want" for at least an hour now, but all I get are bad memories of people whining because I didn't make it to KFC on time.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I have to say, Shantae being absent in Runbow is indeed suspicious. Don't know if it means anything but, I WANT TO BELIEVE DAMMIT.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
I have to say, Shantae being absent in Runbow is indeed suspicious. Don't know if it means anything but, I WANT TO BELIEVE DAMMIT.
Quote from Cave Story not being there is suspicious too, as he's the obvious choice for an Indie Game crossover.

And Lilac from Freedom Planet. The game is called RUNbow, isn't it?

Last edited:

Mighty Minotaur

Smash Cadet
Quote from Cave Story not being there is suspicious too, as he's the obvious choice for an Indie Game crossover.

And Lilac from Freedom Planet. The game is called RUNbow, isn't it?
D-Did you say, Lilac?
You know about Freedom Planet...?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BJKSe0Jwsw
I'm not alone in this world! :D
(Speaking of the song I posted, I just got Fire Emblem Awakening! It's AMAZING! I would whole-heartedly recommend it to anyone who has a 3DS!)
(No, seriously, this is one of the 3 best 3DS games I've ever played. The other two being Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D and Shantae and the Pirates Curse. Fire Emblem Awakening kicked Shovel Knight off that list. XD)

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
D-Did you say, Lilac?
You know about Freedom Planet...?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BJKSe0Jwsw
I'm not alone in this world! :D
(Speaking of the song I posted, I just got Fire Emblem Awakening! It's AMAZING! I would whole-heartedly recommend it to anyone who has a 3DS!)
(No, seriously, this is one of the 3 best 3DS games I've ever played. The other two being Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D and Shantae and the Pirates Curse. Fire Emblem Awakening kicked Shovel Knight off that list. XD)
It's essentially the second coming of Christ after Sonic boomed.

Lilac deserves to be in, along with Shantae and Quote.

Mainly because The Drifter is here, with HLD not coming to Wii U until 2016, and the character from Xeodrifter being here, considering the game LITERALLY JUST CAME OUT

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I ended up discovering that Runbow will be released on August 27th. and that more guest characters are supposedly coming. I suspect that Quote might be one of them, to be honest.

EDIT: It appears I was incorrect with the fact there might be more guest characters coming, they were just announcing the release date and showing the most recent characters, not any that might be upcoming. My mistake. I do have to wonder if those are the last batch, though. I would assume that's it.

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
I ended up discovering that Runbow will be released on August 27th and that more guest characters are supposedly coming. I suspect that Quote might be one of them, to be honest.
#ShantaeforSmashhype
#ShantaeforRunbowhype

It's weird, though. How would Wayforward, as an indie developer dedicated to Nintendo for many years, feel knowing that they got tossed to the sidelines for a game that just came out (Xeodrifter), a game that isn't coming to Wii U until next year (Hyper Light Drifter), and the freaking Japanese mascot for the Unity game development engine?

... No, I'm serious.

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Well I hope her not being included in Runbow means that she is being made as of right NOW for Smash. Makes sense since out of all the characters that is being voted on the ballot, only Shantae fits with their universe just fine. Can't wait till October to see the results.

#Shantae4Smash

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
#ShantaeforSmashhype
#ShantaeforRunbowhype

It's weird, though. How would Wayforward, as an indie developer dedicated to Nintendo for many years, feel knowing that they got tossed to the sidelines for a game that just came out (Xeodrifter), a game that isn't coming to Wii U until next year (Hyper Light Drifter), and the freaking Japanese mascot for the Unity game development engine?

... No, I'm serious.
Like some people say: WayForward may not exactly deserve the "indie" moniker, given their surprising Nintendo history.
  • :snake:: Most likely started with MSX, but I could be wrong!
  • :4sonic:: Genesis kid through and through - a lot more than myself, I may add!
  • :4pacman: and :4ryu:: Each made their debut on arcade platforms (Namco Pac-Man and Sys16 respectively). Duh.
  • :4megaman: and eventually Tae-Tae: Nintendo platforms for each; NES for Rock, and then GBC for you-know-who.
In such a case, Shantae may very well be the next third-party after Mega Man to have started out wholesale with the Mario Gang; both she and Rock began with Capcom publications, too, but that's not my point.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Like some people say: WayForward may not exactly deserve the "indie" moniker, given their surprising Nintendo history.
  • :4sonic:: Genesis kid through and through - a lot more than myself, I may add!
  • :4pacman: and :4ryu:: Each made their debut on arcade platforms. Duh.
  • :4megaman: and eventually Tae-Tae: Nintendo platforms for each; NES for Rock, and then GBC for you-know-who.
In such a case, Shantae may very well be the next third-party after Mega Man to have started out wholesale with the Mario Gang; both she and Rock began with Capcom publications, too, but that's not my point.
Oh hey War Anvil; haven't seen ya post on here in a while. How have ya been lately? We've reached 100 pages recently (you also make a good point in Shantae's nintendo history too).

Last edited:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Oh hey War Anvil; haven't seen ya post on here in a while. How have ya been lately? We've reached 100 pages recently (you also make a good point in Shantae's nintendo history too).
Busy focusing my talking efforts on the Social Threads, especially Sm4sh's own. :131:

Also, here are some hashtags!
#VoteShantae (Should be obvious~)
#VoteWolf
#VoteMiniKangaroo
#VoteRundas
#VoteSylux
#VoteJodySummer
#VoteBloodFalcon
#VoteMisty (I'm serious, if only for the next console-exclusive Smash game.)

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Busy focusing my talking efforts on the Social Threads, especially Sm4sh's own. :131:

#VoteWolf
#VoteMiniKangaroo
#VoteRundas
#VoteSylux
#VoteJodySummer
#VoteBloodFalcon
Ah. Is this in terms of defending candidates for the Smash Ballot? (Shantae especially). Or is it just about Smash overall? Them tags, btw. :p

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion

#VoteWolf
#VoteMiniKangaroo
#VoteRundas
#VoteSylux
#VoteJodySummer
#VoteBloodFalcon
#VoteShantae
#VoteValkyrie
Because Sakurai likes to troll with Japan-only characters

Last edited:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Ah. Is this in terms of defending candidates for the Smash Ballot? (Shantae especially). Or is it just about Smash overall? Them tags, btw. :p
It's just about Smash - especially Misty (My one true bae).

Take care, guys, and dance through all the dangers as usual!

Not sure if this has already been posted before, but whatevs.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
It's just about Smash - especially Misty (My one true bae).

Take care, guys, and dance through all the dangers as usual!

Not sure if this has already been posted before, but whatevs.
Ah, I see. See ya around then, War. That's some nice artwork too. :p

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
  • :4pacman: and :4ryu:: Each made their debut on arcade platforms (Namco Pac-Man and Sys16 respectively). Duh.
Even though you mean the Metal Gear(MSX2):snake:(Solid) debut on a Nintendo console in Twin Snakes, which was a remake of the original Metal Gear Solid.
:4sonic::4pacman:were obvious to join Smash one way or another. Sonic was Mario's enemy turned friend. When Sega had nowhere to go, Nintendo took them(sorta) like they were Shredder and Sega was Karai. Pacman has had most of his console games on Nintendo. Add that with the fact Namco made MarioKart Arcade(both of them), and is currently working on Pokken while Nintendo made a Pacman game themselves, nest friends(also one of the few companies from the 80s that are still awesome).
:4megaman:is a Nintendo character. That is all...

:4ryu:even though his best game was on a Nintendo system, they didn't really like fighting games, especially if it involved Melee, up until Smash 4. Fortunately it helps that Ryu is the fightinggame king, and only fits on Arcades, Nintendo and Playstation systems. Something abut Street Fighter on Xbox is for some reason weird.

Shantae out of every single indie star in the world, has a bigger chance in getting into Smash than Chrom and Knuckles do.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Even though you mean the Metal Gear(MSX2):snake:(Solid) debut on a Nintendo console in Twin Snakes, which was a remake of the original Metal Gear Solid.
:4sonic::4pacman:were obvious to join Smash one way or another. Sonic was Mario's enemy turned friend. When Sega had nowhere to go, Nintendo took them(sorta) like they were Shredder and Sega was Karai. Pacman has had most of his console games on Nintendo. Add that with the fact Namco made MarioKart Arcade(both of them), and is currently working on Pokken while Nintendo made a Pacman game themselves, nest friends(also one of the few companies from the 80s that are still awesome).
:4megaman:is a Nintendo character. That is all...

:4ryu:even though his best game was on a Nintendo system, they didn't really like fighting games, especially if it involved Melee, up until Smash 4. Fortunately it helps that Ryu is the fightinggame king, and only fits on Arcades, Nintendo and Playstation systems. Something abut Street Fighter on Xbox is for some reason weird.

Shantae out of every single indie star in the world, has a bigger chance in getting into Smash than Chrom and Knuckles do.

Metal Gear started on Nintendo, guys...

Yes, that is confirmed to be Snake.

Top Bottom