• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Ok, that makes sense, here we go! Thanks!!

Stage Music for Shantae (Scuttle Town Lighthouse):

Dance Through The Danger (Half Genie Hero)
Burning Town (Pirate's Curse Version) (Default on 3DS)
Risky Boots (Pirate's Curse Version)
Boss Battle (Pirate's Curse Version) (Alternate on 3DS)
Cackle Tower (Pirate's Curse)
Day/Night Travel (Propeller Town/A Troublesome Trek from Pirate's Curse)
Scuttle Town (Pirate's Curse Version)
She's Got Moves! (Risky's Revenge)
Trip Through Sequin Land (Pirate's Curse)
Run Run Rottytops! (Pirate's Curse)
Mermaid Slide (Half Genie Hero)
Rescue Girl (Mighty Switch Force 2)

Honorable Mentions for Shantae:

Saliva Island (Pirate's Curse)
Spiderweb Island (Pirate's Curse)
Village of Lost Souls (Pirate's Curse)
Dance Through The Danger (E3 2015 Trailer Version) (Half Genie Hero)
Desert Sandstorm (Half Genie Hero)
Whoa I'm In Space Cuba! (Mighty Switch Force)
No Turning Back (Mighty Flip Champs)
Plains of Passage (Arranged) (Shovel Knight)

Last edited:

SuaveChaser

Smash Journeyman
I can see it now shantae getting in and people going to play her games realizing she is the best.

B.H. and DD

Smash Apprentice
I really wonder how she would play if she was put in. I'm not sure how much Sakurai knows about her.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Sonic CD x Shantae confirmed. :troll:

Really though, Sonic X Shantae game would be pretty cool I guess..
That'd be the only way I'd accept a sequel to Sonic and the Secret Rings

(Shantae X Pit is still my OTP)

Speaking of Secret Rings, I was working on fanart of my own ideas for Shantae's palette swaps (which I will post on her eventually) and just as a joke, I made a palette swap out of Shahra.

Last edited:

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
I don't know about you guys, but the desert music in Half Genie Hero is reminding me of the music from Sonic CD.
Ditto.

When I saw Shantae get in the water in her crab form, I expected the drowning theme to start, for some reason.

Speaking of Half-Genie Hero's music, are we not going to talk about how GODLIKE the Title Screen music is!?

Shantae: The Movie confirmed for 2018

Last edited:

TheTaoDragon

Smash Apprentice
Add me to the support list. I may never have played a Shantae game, but it's definitely on my agenda as I've heard really good things about the games. The movesets people have come up with are also really unique.

Sign me up!

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Man.... I begin to wonder if that Runbow game is done adding guest characters. The fact that Shantae isn't in there is telling us that there are bigger plans for her then we may of originally thought of. Let's hope it involves Smashing vases! :D

Last edited:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Add me to the support list. I may never have played a Shantae game, but it's definitely on my agenda as I've heard really good things about the games. The movesets people have come up with are also really unique.

Sign me up!
:colorful::starman:Welcome to the Group!:starman::colorful:
And added to the new supporters list.
@ 8-peacock-8 8-peacock-8 Whenever you get the chance please update the support list with these new supporters. Sorry for keep mentioning you.

Mighty Minotaur
Felix_the_Slayer
LittleToys
Creativion
Fralex
Kevandre
Pyrofishy
DaemonDD
MachRider94
Solo Bolo
DarkAura64
Jasae Bushae
NateCurtis(NJC)
GoldLiger
Black-magic13
ThePsychoWolf
Midnight Twinkle
conTAgi0n
taoxadasa
ScatmansWorld25
Mental Surge
DiagonalSpy07
B.H. and DD
NintendoPowaa
Dani l
Wademan94
Lord Sturm
TheRickyWill
Quarium
GP2
BoltDragon
SpiritofSpeed
RosaPeach
TheTaoDragon

B.H. and DD

Smash Apprentice
10+ people have joined the support list since we joined! We've noticed things containing Shantae becoming more popular online and in Miiverse. There are a lot of it and they get commented, liked, and shared a lot. I wonder if it's enough... I hope it's enough...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I really hate to spread gossip and such, but...all the hate the Leaks group members are giving Shantae right now...it's sicking to a level of damn near arrogance and disrespect of ignorance... If you really think she's "obscure", look her up, and realized there are RECENTLY created games of her, which are wonderfully created games...

I normally don't try to get annoyed by this kind of thing from past experiences...but this kind of thing from this people on this damned site is what reminds me I hate the Smash Community and it's double standard ways...

Damenshi

Smash Apprentice
I really hate to spread gossip and such, but...all the hate the Leaks group members are giving Shantae right now...it's sicking to a level of damn near arrogance and disrespect of ignorance... If you really think she's "obscure", look her up, and realized there are RECENTLY created games of her, which are wonderfully created games...

I normally don't try to get annoyed by this kind of thing from past experiences...but this kind of thing from this people on this damned site is what reminds me I hate the Smash Community and it's double standard ways...
It really is soul crushing... and also quite enraging.
Not to mention that all we can really do is provide argumentative material, knowing full well that many of them will either not listen or not care. (This is especially stupid considering that many of their arguments hold everything from little weight to none at all.)

Couldn't they, at the very least, recognize our validity and right to promote whom we see fit?
Of course not, that would be logical thing to do. They have a right to defend their own supported characters, to be sure, but to be so arrogantly cruel is completely uncalled for.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
@Awesomedude4444 I just wanna say, thanks for your help with what's going on with Shantae on the leaks thread.
No biggie kinda what i do.Now i dont post here as much as i used to(ask @ Mikegamer0608 Mikegamer0608 i used to post here alot pre-release and early ballot days) but i do love the character and really hate when people bad mouth us fans for thinking she has a good change.But i must say dont judge the whole leaks group because of he said(and i'm pretty sure his two followers are gonna follow him) it's a good place and the people are nice i recommened it and you know more shantae supporters is always nice

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
No biggie kinda what i do.Now i dont post here as much as i used to(ask @ Mikegamer0608 Mikegamer0608 i used to post here alot pre-release and early ballot days) but i do love the character and really hate when people bad mouth us fans for thinking she has a good change.But i must say dont judge the whole leaks group because of he said(and i'm pretty sure his two followers are gonna follow him) it's a good place and the people are nice i recommened it and you know more shantae supporters is always nice
Yeah. I'm sorry if I generalized a bit there, it's really late on my end so... I'm not the best mood at the moment. There are nice people, only a few are speaking their minds about it, not everyone... I'm sorry.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Yeah, I do see that from most of the leaks thread is mostly personal opinion, but they really shouldn't downplay a character that we like and would hope to see make it into Smash.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Alot of people are stupid in the Smash Community. One moment they like one character, another they go to the best character in the game. I remember people nit wanting Jigglypuff and Dark Pit in the game, now the praise Jiggle and anyone online playing DP spams Electroshock. If they want to hate on a character hate on Shiek.

Black-magic13

Smash Apprentice
Alot of people are stupid in the Smash Community. One moment they like one character, another they go to the best character in the game. I remember people nit wanting Jigglypuff and Dark Pit in the game, now the praise Jiggle and anyone online playing DP spams Electroshock. If they want to hate on a character hate on Shiek.
I agree the community is so toxic and "fake" you can say. Also they always have dumb reasons for something they believe in .

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I agree the community is so toxic and "fake" you can say. Also they always have dumb reasons for something they believe in .
I was in the voting tier thread, and I was given crap because I spoke the truth about ZeRo being a tier wh**e, and all they could say to back them up was "it's all about winning, no friends, no respect by the community, just winning". Next thing you know it, the ones who hated on Shantae will end up liking her.

Black-magic13

Smash Apprentice
I was in the voting tier thread, and I was given crap because I spoke the truth about ZeRo being a tier wh**e, and all they could say to back them up was "it's all about winning, no friends, no respect by the community, just winning". Next thing you know it, the ones who hated on Shantae will end up liking her.
That last part I would love lol. But I agree he is a tier *****. Diddy Kong garunteed kill if cought by his throw. Shiek only character that can carry you from one side fiof the stage to the other ,then finish you off..... I don't think I need to explain anymore.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That last part I would love lol. But I agree he is a tier *****. Diddy Kong garunteed kill if cought by his throw. Shiek only character that can carry you from one side fiof the stage to the other ,then finish you off..... I don't think I need to explain anymore.
I'll somewhat respect ZeRo if he wins a tournament as Pit with a handicap of 300%, doesn't lose a set or stock, and only used Upperdash Arm. Shiek's fair shouldn't even be that good in the first place. Shantae being loves would be awesome, but for the wrong reasons(hypocrites suck).

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
Ditto.

When I saw Shantae get in the water in her crab form, I expected the drowning theme to start, for some reason.

Speaking of Half-Genie Hero's music, are we not going to talk about how GODLIKE the Title Screen music is!?

Shantae: The Movie confirmed for 2018
Where you get the news about Shantae Movie

Staarih

Smash Master
Wow, over 100 pages, I'm proud of us Shantae-supporters! It's really great to see support for her just keep on growing.

Top Bottom