• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

Fralex

Smash Rookie

Sonic 2099 The Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonic09Hedgehog
3DS FC
4038-6177-1632
It's just Ridley has always been portrayed as a boss character. Sakurai had that mindset as well, and didn't want to shrink him down due to it "making him not be Ridley anymore"... Still doesn't change the fact Metroid has like two characters representing it's franchise, but oh well.. :/
upload_2015-6-22_9-1-10.png

Fralex

Smash Rookie
In other news, Wayforward's latest game, Til Morning's Light, has been pretty fun so far. I thought the rhythm-based combat might get annoying, but I'm actually enjoying it. And I love how Erica transitions from being scared of the ghosts to making fun of them as you progress. It's no Shantae, but it's a fun little experience with a lot of content and story considering it's just a mobile game.

Atown1z

Smash Rookie
I may not be the majority, but it feels like a waste of potential to only release veteran fighters. I'd rather see new characters, wouldn't that be more exciting? I guess some people actually liked Wolf. Nintendo would have to release Wolf and Krystal, to get Krystal, I think. If it'd be just Krystal instead of Wolf that'd be funny (to me) though :D
Well, it's not like Sakurai can add infinite new characters, and there are some old characters that people want back, like Wolf, Lucas, Ice Climbers, Mewtwo, and Roy. But I think that it looks like we are going to get 6 DLC characters before the ballot is over, with 5 of them being veterans and one being new, Ryu, or maybe two new, and then there will be a wave of post ballot characters who are all new. I don't think you need to worry about us only getting like one or two characters from the ballot. It would be completely stupid of Sakurai to make a ballot that runs for half a year only to pick one or two characters from it. They could have shut it down at E3 if that was their plan for it. So, don't worry, we will probably get quite a few new and exciting characters.

Sonic 2099 The Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonic09Hedgehog
3DS FC
4038-6177-1632
Well, it's not like Sakurai can add infinite new characters, and there are some old characters that people want back, like Wolf, Lucas, Ice Climbers, Mewtwo, and Roy. But I think that it looks like we are going to get 6 DLC characters before the ballot is over, with 5 of them being veterans and one being new, Ryu, or maybe two new, and then there will be a wave of post ballot characters who are all new. I don't think you need to worry about us only getting like one or two characters from the ballot. It would be completely stupid of Sakurai to make a ballot that runs for half a year only to pick one or two characters from it. They could have shut it down at E3 if that was their plan for it. So, don't worry, we will probably get quite a few new and exciting characters.
The Only Veteran left is Ice Climbers

Atown1z

Smash Rookie
The Only Veteran left is Ice Climbers
There is Snake, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Pichu, and Young Link, but I do get what you mean. I don't think they will add a third Link so Young Link is gone. They already added a Pokemon, and it has the second most amount of characters on the roster so I doubt we will get those three, and who the **** knows what will happen to Snake.

Sonic 2099 The Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonic09Hedgehog
3DS FC
4038-6177-1632
There is Snake, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Pichu, and Young Link, but I do get what you mean. I don't think they will add a third Link so Young Link is gone. They already added a Pokemon, and it has the second most amount of characters on the roster so I doubt we will get those three, and who the **** knows what will happen to Snake.
With Ryu's SFV Promotion, I See Snake Coming Back.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I can't because A: Ryu's movest is based on his Street Fighter II incarnation. B: The only reason Snake got in the first place was Kojima, he's got issues with Konami now and C: Kojima and Konami weren't even approached by Nintendo
A:...So? Snake's moveset his based around all the weapons he uses MG, SS, MG:GB and MGS:TTS, which are all on Nintendo platforms.
B: Just like the only reason Shulk got in was due of fan demand. Snake inclusion wasn't just a normal thing, they needed Konami and Nintendo approval.
C: Again, so? Maybe this was the reason he was left back, but considering he is the most requested 3rd party (and probablyh the 2nd most voted veteran) in the ballot, his chances are very high.

Snake is probably the most likely cut veteran to return after Wolf (IC have the 3DS issues that puts them on 3rd place).

What's wrong with a third Link? We already have three Marths, so why not?
But Marth, Lucina and Roy are all different people, while the others are just alternate timelines of the legendary Hero. Also, the FE crew got in because:
-Marth: no need of explanations on why he is back.
-Lucina: last minute addition.
-Roy: one of the most requested cut veteran to return.

Plus what we would gain from YL, considering that they will not change his moveset?

Back on Shantae, I've putted on her smashified the mounth of the other fan-made one: cosidering that I'm not very good at photoshopping, how she looks?
shantae.png

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
A:...So? Snake's moveset his based around all the weapons he uses MG, SS, MG:GB and MGS:TTS, which are all on Nintendo platforms.
B: Just like the only reason Shulk got in was due of fan demand. Snake inclusion wasn't just a normal thing, they needed Konami and Nintendo approval.
C: Again, so? Maybe this was the reason he was left back, but considering he is the most requested 3rd party (and probablyh the 2nd most voted veteran) in the ballot, his chances are very high.

Snake is probably the most likely cut veteran to return after Wolf (IC have the 3DS issues that puts them on 3rd place).

But Marth, Lucina and Roy are all different people, while the others are just alternate timelines of the legendary Hero. Also, the FE crew got in because:
-Marth: no need of explanations on why he is back.
-Lucina: last minute addition.
-Roy: one of the most requested cut veteran to return.

Plus what we would gain from YL, considering that they will not change his moveset?

Back on Shantae, I've putted on her smashified the mounth of the other fan-made one: cosidering that I'm not very good at photoshopping, how she looks?
View attachment 57943
Except Snake isn't in the top 10 best selling SNES games list twice. Ryu is
No. Shulk got in due to Project Rainfall, yes. Snake got in because Sakurai's buddy asked. Major difference
Please, if popularity meant likelihood we'd have Ridley back in Brawl and look at where he is now.
Keep in mind I've got nothing against Snake, but because Konami is Konami we'll likely never see Snake again, especially because how hard it is to reach them

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Except Snake isn't in the top 10 best selling SNES games list twice. Ryu is
No. Shulk got in due to Project Rainfall, yes. Snake got in because Sakurai's buddy asked. Major difference
Please, if popularity meant likelihood we'd have Ridley back in Brawl and look at where he is now.
Keep in mind I've got nothing against Snake, but because Konami is Konami we'll likely never see Snake again, especially because how hard it is to reach them
Ryu may have that, but what about Pac-Man? Where is his big relase on Nintendo? Also, Snake have Metal Gear Ghost Babel as a GBC exclusive, which is consider one of the BEST games on that platform (and by some even the best Metal Gear games of all time).
Show me proof that Shulk got in thanks to project rainfall, since Sakurai stated that it was almost due to Japanese fans demand.
Fun fact: during Brawl development MIYAMOTO himself, Sakurai's mentor, asked him to add Pac-Man, but Sakurai haven't done it. It's not just that, since you are a friend of Sakurai, whatever you ask him gets in. The Smash Director saw a big potential in Snake, so he decided to add him (which meant going trough all the legal stuff for him). Besides, his reveal generated a such big amount of hype that doubles the one that Mega-Man, Sonic, Ryu, Pac-Man and every other newcomer in the history of Smash ever had.
Lastly, there is a difference between a big requested character and a big requested VETERAN. The veteran as already been playable, so he already have a moveset and stuff, making him a lot easier (and cheaper) to add. Now requested + easy and cheap = great amount of $$$ from his DLC.
Plus the actual state of Konami isn't impacting at all his chances. Both Konami and Kojima showed interest into having him back in Smash.

I just want to show people that Snake has a real chance to return, since we Snake fans gets constantly bashed by everyone with crappy arguments like "he doesn't fit" or "not relevant anymore"...

Sonic 2099 The Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonic09Hedgehog
3DS FC
4038-6177-1632
Ryu may have that, but what about Pac-Man? Where is his big relase on Nintendo? Also, Snake have Metal Gear Ghost Babel as a GBC exclusive, which is consider one of the BEST games on that platform (and by some even the best Metal Gear games of all time).
Show me proof that Shulk got in thanks to project rainfall, since Sakurai stated that it was almost due to Japanese fans demand.
Fun fact: during Brawl development MIYAMOTO himself, Sakurai's mentor, asked him to add Pac-Man, but Sakurai haven't done it. It's not just that, since you are a friend of Sakurai, whatever you ask him gets in. The Smash Director saw a big potential in Snake, so he decided to add him (which meant going trough all the legal stuff for him). Besides, his reveal generated a such big amount of hype that doubles the one that Mega-Man, Sonic, Ryu, Pac-Man and every other newcomer in the history of Smash ever had.
Lastly, there is a difference between a big requested character and a big requested VETERAN. The veteran as already been playable, so he already have a moveset and stuff, making him a lot easier (and cheaper) to add. Now requested + easy and cheap = great amount of $$$ from his DLC.
Plus the actual state of Konami isn't impacting at all his chances. Both Konami and Kojima showed interest into having him back in Smash.

I just want to show people that Snake has a real chance to return, since we Snake fans gets constantly bashed by everyone with crappy arguments like "he doesn't fit" or "not relevant anymore"...
Plus: Snake Got At Least a Bigger Chances then Ryu Because,
1: Ryu's the 2nd Capcom Character in Smash, a Second Character for a Company in Smash.
2: The Moves Looks Like SF2 but the Model is SFV, a PS4 Exslusive. Where in Brawl, Snake's Model Was a Combination of a 2 Eyed Big Boss and Snake's MGS2 Sneaking Suit. What Was Never Released on Any Nintendo Console (Expect MGS 3D But that Doesn't Count)
3: Ryu's a Fighting Game Character, Snake Isn't. So It's Weird to Put a Fighting Game Character in Smash. What for Snake is No Problem.

I Have No Problem With Ryu (At Least I Like Him) It Doesn't Mean Snake Can't Return Because of this.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Hey guy's what's going on in this thread?:snake:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Pac-Man? Remember who's made the game? Namco? As in the company that owns Pac-Man? I doubt Snake will return but that doesn't mean I don't want him to return. I'm just pessimistic. And about Project Rainfall, fans made that happen, that's what I meant. There's a difference between a character getting in due to fan demand and the owner of the character going "Put him in please old buddy old pal"

Last edited:

SL the Pyro

Smash Apprentice

honk

How is Shantae leading the poll right now? I never thought I'd see the day when she'd beat K. Rool in any poll ever. We sure there isn't some foul play here?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

honk

How is Shantae leading the poll right now? I never thought I'd see the day when she'd beat K. Rool in any poll ever. We sure there isn't some foul play here?
It's by 4 votes. Not a very significant lead.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

honk

...Very unexpected, although it's just one of many fan made polls, which these things vary everywhere I noticed....still nice to see this happen for this poll, so nice.

...Snake's chances can happen regardless of whatever anyone personally thinks when it's up to Nintendo if there going to try to get him back(and if Kojima is what it takes to do so for the most part, then that may make things a bit easier, but more than likely need more than just his approval). But just saying, with characters that was "sure" to never happen because of "fan made rules" and ones "twisted of ones said by Sakurai himself", Roy and Ryu, there's nothing to go by that makes Snake impossible other than Sakurai's opinion and legal actions, which thanks to that one moment with Palutena's Guidance they can flat out mention Snake due to the mechanic being taken from Brawl, it's all about chance if Nintendo could make it happen.

But anyways, point of me posting this.... found something, funny enough, unexpected by an artist I know on DA...if you know the art he mostly draws these days, you'd know why I found it unexpected...

http://www.deviantart.com/art/AND-THE-SMASH-BROS-NEW-CHARACTER-WINNER-IS-541291576

View link with caution...

...Maybe Shantae is getting more recognition than I first thought, if this artist of all artist ended up getting requested to draw her...

Last edited:

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930

honk

Does it matter? Shantae's winning. lol

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730

honk

The reason how our precious Shantae leading the poll right now and especially beating King K. Rool as we speak! Is because of me sharing that poll's link on my personal ShantaeForSmash Community Club: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shan...s-in-Smash-4-3DSWii-U-version/769600476420657 & also my friend's club too:https://www.facebook.com/groups/1621774791400240/ P.S: Congratulations, Shantae!
Shantae meets Mario!.jpg

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Just started playing Shantae on an emulator (A GBC one.. :/ I couldn't get it to work on any GBA emulators.. not even the VBA o_o)

Like it so far. Took me a bit through scuttle town to realize there was a run button tho... XD
Just saw this message. Shantae works on VBA, version 1.06. You also have to force the game to play in GBA mode through VBA's options menu if you want the extras.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Everything's going according to plan.

Pyrofishy

Smash Cadet
It'd be amazing if she was in, but the 3d models you have in the main post would look really bloody weird in the game, even though obviously they wouldn't use those.

Though, ya, I'm all for her being in it.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
It'd be amazing if she was in, but the 3d models you have in the main post would look really bloody weird in the game, even though obviously they wouldn't use those.

Though, ya, I'm all for her being in it.

Everybody reading this, vote there if you haven't already.

Last edited:

Sonic 2099 The Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonic09Hedgehog
3DS FC
4038-6177-1632

honk

Oh i think i Did. You See, i Didn't Vote until now.
The reason how our precious Shantae leading the poll right now and especially beating King K. Rool as we speak! Is because of me sharing that poll's link on my personal ShantaeForSmash Community Club: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shan...s-in-Smash-4-3DSWii-U-version/769600476420657 & also my friend's club too:https://www.facebook.com/groups/1621774791400240/ P.S: Congratulations, Shantae! View attachment 57951
Awesome!

Wow! Awesome!

Pyrofishy

Smash Cadet
I honestly don't understand how Shantae isn't in, but Shulk is.

Did you see the amount of people who had no clue who Shulk was?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Shulk is second party. Any character that adds a company to the trademark list is second and/or third party.

Top Bottom