• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Er... though the snapshot of the avatar the guy has isn't lewd, the source is.
So usually I'd link it, but y'know, I'd probably get banned.
n-not that I know about it or anything
Oh. Ok. Thank you for explaining to me, I honestly didn't know.

That's too bad, such a pretty looking face she has, only for the point to be spoiled. Oh well.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Just remember guys, don't give up. It ain't over until it's over.

Keep up the hype for Shantae. Show Sakurai that she is something worth putting in Smash as a DLC character.

Keep voting for her once a day and have hope that Sakurai remembers about the Half-Genie Hero who as danced all the way into our hearts.

#Shantae4Smash

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I ain't too worried about it to be honest. She's my most wanted DLC character, but I'll live if she doesn't happen in any way.

I'd be happy with at least a costume though. That by itself would be super rad.

Black-magic13

Smash Apprentice
Sometimes I really wonder if they do check IP addresses lol (naughty thoughts) . I got like 2 votes some days ago but I been having bad luck lately .haven't got anyone to vote.

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
On the topic of Wayforward and mii costumes, maybe as a hint for Shantae, we could get a Risky Boots and Patricia Wagon costume for Swordfighter and Gunner.

DiagonalSpy07

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3754-7248-5911
On the topic of Wayforward and mii costumes, maybe as a hint for Shantae, we could get a Risky Boots and Patricia Wagon costume for Swordfighter and Gunner.
Wow I can totally see that! I would like to add a Bolo mii brawler costume too.

Last edited:

Lord Sturm

Smash Rookie
so many characters which should be in the new smash and i see also some people want shantae inside of it.

i like it :)

i played shantae Riskys revenge and the Pirates curse and i enjoyed it and actualy she would be a perfect charcter for the new smash. if sakurai would add her plus a stage of shantae it would be very nice

you have my Support guys :)

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys; After about a 2 week absence basically, my Shantae related project is now complete! I hope to post it sometime today, if not tomorrow. Trust me, you guys will like it. :D

Last edited:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
so many characters which should be in the new smash and i see also some people want shantae inside of it.

i like it :)

i played shantae Riskys revenge and the Pirates curse and i enjoyed it and actualy she would be a perfect charcter for the new smash. if sakurai would add her plus a stage of shantae it would be very nice

you have my Support guys :)
:colorful::starman:Welcome to the Group!:starman::colorful:

@ 8-peacock-8 8-peacock-8 Whenever you get the chance please update the support list with these new supporters.

Mighty Minotaur
Felix_the_Slayer
LittleToys
Creativion
Fralex
Kevandre
Pyrofishy
DaemonDD
MachRider94
Solo Bolo
DarkAura64
Jasae Bushae
NateCurtis(NJC)
GoldLiger
Black-magic13
ThePsychoWolf
Midnight Twinkle
conTAgi0n
taoxadasa
ScatmansWorld25
Mental Surge
DiagonalSpy07
B.H. and DD
NintendoPowaa
Dani l
Wademan94
Lord Sturm

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
After seeing the sound selections for the DLC stages, I really hope that Shantae gets a decent amount of songs for her stage, like maybe around 10-12, (I mean the Miiverse stage has 13 so I don't think limitations are a problem) cause Jake Kaufman's work deserves more than just 5-6 songs, and I hope it's not just multiple variants of the same song

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I'm curious about what design (or designs) Shantae would have if she were to make it in, personally I'd go with the Pirate's Curse look, but with the sleeves from the first two games as well (I have some fanart of her myself, which I might make into a profile pic sometime soon), I just hope that it won't be based this design from the first game:

One kick to the stomach and she'll split in half!!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm curious about what design (or designs) Shantae would have if she were to make it in, personally I'd go with the Pirate's Curse look, but with the sleeves from the first two games as well (I have some fanart of her myself, which I might make into a profile pic sometime soon), I just hope that it won't be based this design from the first game:

One kick to the stomach and she'll split in half!!
I'd like a combination of all of her incarnations, as the classic has a lot I do prefer, despite what most people disagree with that one, main her waist size.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I'd like a combination of all of her incarnations, as the classic has a lot I do prefer, despite what most people disagree with that one, main her waist size.
I wouldn't mind seeing that, what kind of combination did you have in mind?

Another topic I rarely see discussed, what music would you like Shantae to bring with her for her stage in Smash?

Here are my choices:
Dance Through The Danger (Half Genie Hero)
Burning Town (Pirate's Curse Remix) (Default on 3DS)
Risky Boots (Pirate's Curse Remix)
Boss Battle (Pirate's Curse Remix) (Alternate on 3DS)
Cackle Tower (Pirate's Curse)
Day/Night Travel (Propeller Town/A Troublesome Trek from Pirate's Curse)
Scuttle Town (Pirate's Curse Remix)
She's Got Moves! (Risky's Revenge)
Trip Through Sequin Land (Pirate's Curse)
Run Run Rottytops! (Pirate's Curse)
Mermaid Slide (Half Genie Hero)
Rescue Girl from Mighty Switch Force 2

Last edited by a moderator:

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
Another topic I rarely see discussed, what music would you like Shantae to bring with her for her stage in Smash?

Here are my choices:
Dance Through The Danger (Half Genie Hero)
Burning Town (Pirate's Curse Remix) (Default on 3DS)
Risky Boots (Pirate's Curse Remix)
Boss Battle (New Remix)
Cackle Tower (Pirate's Curse)
Day/Night Travel (Propeller Town/A Troublesome Trek from Pirate's Curse)
Scuttle Town (New Remix)
She's Got Moves! (Risky's Revenge)
Trip Through Sequin Land (Pirate's Curse)
Run Run Rottytops! (Pirate's Curse)
Mermaid Slide (Half Genie Hero)
Rescue Girl from Mighty Switch Force 2
If Half Genie Hero doesn't come out yet, these to need to be the 2 3ds themes.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Thanks, this was actually what I was trying to post earlier, part of some fanart I made to support Shantae for Smash, I don't have it online yet, so that's why it didn't show up
Oh, so you drew that? That look really nice, hope to see the full size one soon when you can show it.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
If Half Genie Hero doesn't come out yet, these to need to be the 2 3ds themes.
I'm curious if Jake will remix some of his songs for Smash (I'm assuming he would since he has made unofficial remixes that Wayforward used and they got Yoko to remix Ryu's theme), and I agree with Boss Battle, but Burning Town just seems too iconic to not be included on both versions of the stage

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Oh, so you drew that? That look really nice, hope to see the full size one soon when you can show it.
Thanks! I'll try and have this and my palette swap ideas posted as soon as I figure this all out

Nice!! I'm working on setting up a DeviantArt account, I just wanna have enough art to start out with first

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Nice!! I'm working on setting up a DeviantArt account, I just wanna have enough art to start out with first
You posting back to me made me realized why you can't just used the [ Quote ] Tab instead of spoilers for the pictures, because it doesn't show up in your replies... oh well, guess I should just stick with the spoiler tag then.

Last edited:

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
I'm curious if Jake will remix some of his songs for Smash (I'm assuming he would since he has made unofficial remixes that Wayforward used and they got Yoko to remix Ryu's theme), and I agree with Boss Battle, but Burning Town just seems too iconic to not be included on both versions of the stage
I'm actually a idiot. Burning Town and Boss Battle were the songs I meant. I said Scuttle Town because the song took place in Scuttle Town.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Honestly, even if I saw Rottytops coming towards me looking like that, I'd still go up to her and give her a great big hug! (hopefully one strong enough to make her limbs fall off so I won't have to face the consequences afterwards, I'm awful I know)

I'm actually a idiot. Burning Town and Boss Battle were the songs I meant. I said Scuttle Town because the song took place in Scuttle Town.
Yeah Burning Town is the theme from the first gameplay part of the game, then Scuttle Town is the hub theme for the town, I wouldn't mind hearing Scuttle Town remixed anyway, I like the Pirate's Curse version of Burning Town, the one track I listed that I want remixed is She's Got Moves

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
EDIT: PLEASE DISREGARD AND IGNORE THIS POST. MY PROJECT IS THE NEXT POST I DID.

Well guys; my project has finally been completed. Let's just say, it was difficult in some forms to make this (don't even get me started on her head). But in the end, I created something that hopefully will help in Shantae's conquest of becoming a Character.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Shantae4SmashFinalRender.jpg

Disregard my above post; here it is. I was having issues trying to get it in via image url.

Well guys; my project has finally been completed. Let's just say, it was difficult in some forms to make this (don't even get me started on her head). But in the end, I created something that hopefully will help in Shantae's conquest of becoming a Character. This model was done mostly in Maya, and a bit of Mudbox as well. She is based off both her Pirate's Curse and Half Genie Hero designs.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Well guys; my project has finally been completed. Let's just say, it was difficult in some forms to make this (don't even get me started on her head). But in the end, I created something that hopefully will help in Shantae's conquest of becoming a Character.
Oh geez, it's not loading up. Same thing as before with the other posted drawing.

EDIT: Nvm.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
View attachment 65214

Disregard my above post; here it is. I was having issues trying to get it in via image url.

Well guys; my project has finally been completed. Let's just say, it was difficult in some forms to make this (don't even get me started on her head). But in the end, I created something that hopefully will help in Shantae's conquest of becoming a Character. This model was done mostly in Maya, and a bit of Mudbox as well. She is based off both her Pirate's Curse and Half Genie Hero designs.
Imo, if I had to critique this, the most obvious thing I'd suggest improvement is the head/face, but for what it is, I like the overall concept of this, the figure (legs) makes me think of those wooden nutcracker dolls or something like that.

But well, thanks for sharing, it's a interesting attempt I would say.

Top Bottom