• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Well I set up the Campaign card. Due to the stupid issues I had with the original, this time I decided to make two versions of it with and without the franchise symbol.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
You guys did pretty great, the pose is perfect, but I think you can improve upon the other stuff, the leak group buddies says it's the worst one out as of now. :L
Haha, good to know. =P I honestly don't know what to think anymore. Reading comments is an emotional rollercoaster.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord

Made a few variations of the icon. What do you guys think

Also... Does anyone notice anything about the campaign cards?

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I think Shovel Knight is the best one, honestly. That armor texture is legit.
Funny you should say that, because I see a lot of comments saying Shovel Knight is the least convincing. In fact, every time a new one goes up, somebody says "this one isn't as good as the rest" and other people say "this one is much better than the rest," so I'm just going to tell myself that it's pretty much the same.... because otherwise I think I might go insane. o_o

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think the pose, the overall design, and the art are great on this piece. It was translated really well into the Smash style. The only thing I found a little off about it is it seemed a wee bit desaturated as far as the colours went, sort of like a mix between Brawl and 4's aesthetics.

Haha, good to know. =P I honestly don't know what to think anymore. Reading comments is an emotional rollercoaster.
There's always going to be naysayers, as long as you're happy with it that's what really matters. :D

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Funny you should say that, because I see a lot of comments saying Shovel Knight is the least convincing. In fact, every time a new one goes up, somebody says "this one isn't as good as the rest" and other people say "this one is much better than the rest," so I'm just going to tell myself that it's pretty much the same.... because otherwise I think I might go insane. o_o
I think Shovel Knight is the most convincing because it looks like he has the same design philosophy as Mega Man; his model looks like it adapted from his sprites rather than the art. And that makes it the best one to me. :chuckle:

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
you said in the video it toke you and your team little to no time to finish this.How long did it take
A little over 10 hours. "Quickly" is relative. =P When other renders taken upwards of 15-20 hours, you start calling 10 hours "so fast."

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I think Shovel Knight is the most convincing because it looks like he has the same design philosophy as Mega Man; his model looks like it adapted from his sprites rather than the art. And that makes it the best one to me. :chuckle:
That was definitely the goal. =)

Ivander

Smash Legend
Hey, even if some aren't your best, that sure doesn't mean they are not good. And you guys should be proud at giving support to many different fanbases as well as getting some non-fans interested.
Also, when you are going to throw a curveball, one of those characters that nobody will see coming or rarely predict?

Top Bottom