• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
Ok, now that my old main, one of my favourite video game character of all the time (Roy of course) has been included I think its time to show support to another character.

At first I feel I should support Wolf (my Brawl main) but, lets face it, he's coming back anyway.
Another candidate could be Bomberman, I've played so many times Bomberman 64 and Bomberman Hero but sadly I don't think he have a shot.

Shantae, on the other side, might have. She is pretty popular, got the charm and can be an interesting addition to smash. Being an indie character, her inclusion in smash along with the others video game legends (like Mario, Ryu, Pac-Man...) would be an hope for every indie developper to see one day their character along with Megaman, Link and so on.
So, add me to the supporter list!

But, I haven't played very much Shantae games, and sadly I've time just for smash these days, so could you help me to fill the Smash Ballot vote? Aside from her charm and potential, any other suggestion to write down for the half genie to be in Sm4sh?

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
DLC is forced to be within the rating of the game it is DLC of.
It's reviewed by a subsect of the ESRB to make sure that content just doesn't break it.
IIRC.
Ah. I still don't really see how she would be a problem when you consider some of the characters that are in smash... (looking at you :4zss:..)

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Ok, now that my old main, one of my favourite video game character of all the time (Roy of course) has been included I think its time to show support to another character.

At first I feel I should support Wolf (my Brawl main) but, lets face it, he's coming back anyway.
Another candidate could be Bomberman, I've played so many times Bomberman 64 and Bomberman Hero but sadly I don't think he have a shot.

Shantae, on the other side, might have. She is pretty popular, got the charm and can be an interesting addition to smash. Being an indie character, her inclusion in smash along with the others video game legends (like Mario, Ryu, Pac-Man...) would be an hope for every indie developper to see one day their character along with Megaman, Link and so on.
So, add me to the supporter list!

But, I haven't played very much Shantae games, and sadly I've time just for smash these days, so could you help me to fill the Smash Ballot vote? Aside from her charm and potential, any other suggestion to write down for the half genie to be in Sm4sh?
Apart from her charm and (moveset) potential? Let's see...
-She's the perfect indie representative, whose first appearance was on Gameboy Color back in 2002
-She has untapped sales potential in Japan, and an appearance in Smash would help Nintendo tap that potential (here come the e-shop sales!)
-She's female and tan-skinned, which brings diversity to the cast

Edit:

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Question: Has anyone retweeted Shantae Smashified to Matt Bozon and WayForward's twitter page? He'll be very excited to see it and the rest of WayForward will flip out when they see it. :D

Last edited:

Serell

Smash Apprentice
No one else thinks she should have :D <- this kind of smile? Her facial expression just looks a little bland imo, and should be happier/more energetic

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
No one else thinks she should have :D <- this kind of smile? Her facial expression just looks a little bland imo, and should be happier/more energetic
I personally don't mind her smile. If you look at her classic art, she was always portrayed like that.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yo @ LiteralGrill LiteralGrill , you've got a new Snashification to report on and the masses ought to observe Shantae in her beauty. I hope that you are at least aware of this at the moment.

D

Deleted member

I just saw the video. Very exciting, but sadly makes me hope even more for her inclusion. I'm very scared that I'll be disappointed in the future when they announce the ballot results. lol

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608

Serell

Smash Apprentice
I personally don't mind her smile. If you look at her classic art, she was always portrayed like that.
Oh well, I guess it's just me, it's just a small issue I have with it. Otherwise it's awesome! Shantae for Smash! Just got Risky's Revenge a lil while ago, while the game itself has some issues, Shantae is a really likable character.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
So guys... Since the smashified is a thing now, do you want me to redo some of the old stuff I did? Like make a new campaign card and icon featuring this new render?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Of course I had to redo this with the Smashified art!
So guys... Since the smashified is a thing now, do you want me to redo some of the old stuff I did? Like make a new campaign card and icon featuring this new render?
Well, I already did some myself...

Shantae Stock.png
Shantae Stock 2.png

But you can do it too yourself, nothing stopping your stuff as well.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Transparent Art.

Splash Card.

Saved. In heartbeat.

It's funny you say this since she has a similar smile in the dancing gifs.

Oh, and also wanted to say that Half Genie Hero is looking awesome so far! Got an early access demo to the game for supporting the kickstarter at a high enough level.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Man.... I am so hyped right now. Shantae getting Smashified gave her that popularity boost she honestly needed. Hopefully, it will get Sakurai's attention at some point. Btw, do you guys think Sakurai has heard of Shantae at least once? Because I believe he has.

#ShantaeForSmash

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Man.... I am so hyped right now. Shantae getting Smashified gave her that popularity boost she honestly needed. Hopefully, it will get Sakurai's attention at some point. Btw, do you guys think Sakurai has heard of Shantae at least once? Because I believe he has.

#ShantaeForSmash
I'm sure the name has been at least heard, but not sure for much more. She's the biggest indie series for Nintendo.

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
Well, the lead artist for pokemon likes her, and he did some art for smash, so if he catches on...

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Hopping over from the K. Rool boards to say how awesome Shantae looks in her Smashified!

Don't tell my buddies over there that I got on my sister's computer while she was away to slip a vote in for Shantae. K. Rool might have two votes and Ridley one vote from different IPs, but just throwing my support in there!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Eh, right of free speech or something like tha
Hopping over from the K. Rool boards to say how awesome Shantae looks in her Smashified!

Don't tell my buddies over there that I got on my sister's computer while she was away to slip a vote in for Shantae. K. Rool might have two votes and Ridley one vote from different IPs, but just throwing my support in there!

Top Bottom