• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
I don't post on this forum very much, but after what's been leaked, i feel like i need to be involved in the conversation.

I'm actually excited for Roy and Ryu, Roy looks like he's been turned into a "Luigified" Marth, and Ryu is completely new! add Lucas and you've got a nice Little E3 Trio. i don't see why people would complain or worry about this "taking away chances from ____ character", i believe anything that is worked on Pre-Ballot is already determined and the Post-Ballot Characters are unaffected. (unless of course you know... they're added Pre-Ballot.)

But in all honesty, i'm not surprised people are complaining. i mean i'm pretty certain i had seen at least one person complain over every newcomer that popped up, regardless of who it was, the only exception i think was Megaman cause well... he's the super fighting robot.

I will still Support my 3 choices for the ballot: Shantae, Klonoa, and Ray MK III, so long as it is still going on. after that it'll be up to Sakurai.

Pyropuppet

Smash Cadet
Okay, I'm sorry for getting upset. I personally don't enjoy Roy, that's basically it... I also am an extreme pessimist with depression so it is very easy for me to assume the worst. Anyways, enough about my mental and emotional issues, what kind of news do you think we'll get tomorrow?

Last edited:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Okay, jeez, I'm sorry for getting upset. I personally don't enjoy Roy, that's basically it... I also am an extreme pessimist with depression so it is very easy for me to assume the worst. Anyways, enough about my mental and emotional issues, what kind of news do you think we'll get tomorrow?
Probably everything that was leaked today.:p

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Guys guys guys, we're forgetting one important thing: you can do a variation of Ryu's Hadouken if you do the command input from his game (apparently).

So what if Shantae could transform into animals with their own simple attack by holding B and then pressing an according direction, then being able to move around/attack/cancel it right after the transformation? Imagine the insane cancels you can do from that, and it'd be hardly any different from simple transformations like Kirby's Stone, since at most the animals have only one to two attacks.

Last edited:

SL the Pyro

Smash Apprentice
Guys guys guys, we're forgetting one important thing: you can do a variation of Ryu's Hadouken if you do the command input from his game (apparently).

So what if Shantae could transform into animals with their own simple attack by holding B and then pressing an according direction, then being able to move around/attack/cancel it right after the transformation? Imagine the insane cancels you can do from that, and it'd be hardly any different from simple transformations like Kirby's Stone, since at most the animals have only one to two attacks.
I recall suggesting exactly this in the moveset I wrote up a few pages back. I was promptly yelled at because "the 3DS can't handle transformations blah blah blah".

Which personally I think is jumping to conclusions, because the only transformations I've seen axed from the game are Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS, who are technically entirely different characters. Meanwhile, we have full-on transformations like Giga Bowser, Giga Mac and Mega Lucario that get the properties of their all their moves changed, get entirely different models loaded in, etc. which the 3DS has no problem with. So I still don't think minor neutral B transformations with just one or two moves are out of the question.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys... If you look at Smashified's page, the design has both RED and PURPLE. In general, though, it appears to match Shantae's kind of style, so its safe to say it is definitely her.

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Well guys... If you look at Smashified's page, the design has both RED and PURPLE. In general, though, it appears to match Shantae's kind of style, so its safe to say it is definitely her.
Unless it's Wonder-Red and Ridley :^)
kidding of course

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Almighty Tallest Confirmed!!!

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Almighty Tallest Confirmed!!!
Or so you think. :p (we'll see, but I still believe it will be indeed Shantae. I have a bet Ridley will be guaranteed for later though, as a model of him for Smashfied was found long ago during a small portion of the Travis videos), so have no fear; your favorite purple space dragon will be around later on. Please understand.

Last edited:

CFood

Smash Cadet
I know rigth? Also, why did people want him if we already have a Marth clone? Yeah yeah there was hope that he would be unique, but if the melee fan boys fans who wanted him in saw his moveset changed, they would probably have hated on poor Sakurai for "Not making him like he was in Melee" Good job, now we have three of the same character *Claps slowly*
I think any melee fans like that aren't even touching Smash 4.

As for the questions pertaining potential for Shantae, I don't think Sakurai will stop at six. He'll add as many as he deems worthy.

But either way, we must keep pushing for support! Shantae won't get in by mere wishing, as convenient and coincidental as that would be.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
I doubt Shantae will ever be playable, but I can support dammit! Ballot or not I'll try!
Actually, Shantae shall be playable in SMASH BROS FRANCHISE IN T-I-M-E and especially besides that Shantae's Creator and Director: Matt Bozon and his wife Erin Bozon will do anything to have their precious Shantae as a New DLC playable female Half-Genie Heroine fighter in SMASH!
Dream facts!.png
Dreams!.jpg

Okay, I'm sorry for getting upset. I personally don't enjoy Roy, that's basically it... I also am an extreme pessimist with depression so it is very easy for me to assume the worst. Anyways, enough about my mental and emotional issues, what kind of news do you think we'll get tomorrow?
I hope to believes that Shantae will maybe be confirmed early today at 7:30A.M in tha morning for E3, so that way I'll be a lot more focus for Geno's inclusion for Smash!
geno sign.png
P.S: Please, DADDY-MASAHIRO SAKURAI-SAN, ADD SHANTAE-FOR-SMASH TODAY!

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well, the direct ended; No mention of the ballot from Sakurai, which may as well confirm that Roy and Ryu were indeed pre-ballot. Sakurai even mentioned that Ryu received "Special Development Attention", mainly due to his moveset and how we would fight, but it could also hint that Ryu was planned before the ballot. But yeah, we'll see what Sakurai has planned for October.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well, the direct ended; No mention of the ballot from Sakurai, which may as well confirm that Roy and Ryu were indeed pre-ballot. Sakurai even mentioned that Ryu received "Special Development Attention", mainly due to his moveset and how we would fight, but it could also hint that Ryu was planned before the ballot. But yeah, we'll see what Sakurai has planned for October.
EDIT: My bad, double post.

Last edited:

SL the Pyro

Smash Apprentice
I'm very glad the theories about the leak content being entirely Direct content turned out to be true. I feel more optimistic about Nintendo's E3 now. :)

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I'm very glad the theories about the leak content being entirely Direct content turned out to be true. I feel more optimistic about Nintendo's E3 now. :)
These never were theories. The ballot ends in October and this is the month of June, so these cannot be ballot characters. It's that simple.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
These never were theories. The ballot ends in October and this is the month of June, so these cannot be ballot characters. It's that simple.
Exactly. People had no reason to be so worried.. -_-

Anyways.... can we just take the time to consider how advanced Ryu looked? I've never even seen so many attacks and combos on one fighter XD HOLY CRAP!

I mean seriously. We have 4 new fighters, 3 veterans and 1 newcomer, and a handful of other content to hold us off as well... and to think people COMPLAINED about this... -_-

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Yeah.. just more combos and more HADOKEN!!! XD

Then again, Has anyone said how his aerial game is? One of the bigger problems is the fact that Little mac's aerial game is practically non-existent.. lolz
Ryu's aerials seem decent-good.
But his "Arcade-input" specials are deadly.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I guess we will RYU the day we have to face an opponent with that fighter huh?

HEH? :D HEH?? :D

...ok I'll see myself out ._.

Serell

Smash Apprentice
@ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS
Will you please tell me the story of your sig? Every time I see it, for whatever reasons, those facial expressions make me crack up

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
@ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS
Will you please tell me the story of your sig? Every time I see it, for whatever reasons, those facial expressions make me crack up
Oh, umm. xD Well, they're just a collect of gifs I found of Shao Jun from Assassin's Creed Chronicles, since I like Shao a lot. It's nothing really, just some things I found that I liked. But I'm glad you enjoy them yourself, thanks!

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
i was browsing the web and i most say that i was shocked to see people say that shantae should've gotten instead of Ryu.Made me smile to know there shantae support outside of youtube and this thread

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I think any melee fans like that aren't even touching Smash 4.

As for the questions pertaining potential for Shantae, I don't think Sakurai will stop at six. He'll add as many as he deems worthy.

But either way, we must keep pushing for support! Shantae won't get in by mere wishing, as convenient and coincidental as that would be.
Hi, I like melee more than smash 4.

Yet I love roy in this incarnation, please keep your salt and wrong accusations away from this thread thank you. Tired of newbies trashing melee fans, when we dont even talk about you guys in our threads.

As for shantae yeah i wont give up hope yet, but im going to be really cautious since sakurai's 3rd party criteria does not bode well for her, she isnt even worldwide man...

Anyway this is still all pre-ballot, I hope e3 tomorrow sheds more light on this and the direct wasnt the only thing we get.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Hi, I like melee more than smash 4.

Yet I love roy in this incarnation, please keep your salt and wrong accusations away from this thread thank you. Tired of newbies trashing melee fans, when we dont even talk about you guys in our threads.

As for shantae yeah i wont give up hope yet, but im going to be really cautious since sakurai's 3rd party criteria does not bode well for her, she isnt even worldwide man...

Anyway this is still all pre-ballot, I hope e3 tomorrow sheds more light on this and the direct wasnt the only thing we get.
Judging by the fact that Capcom just got it's second character.. Iiii'm fairly sure that criteria is non-existent XD

Besides. anything that man says should always be taken with a grain of salt anyway... he goes back on his word CONSTANTLY..

Anyway, I too hope we get more information at least on the ballot at e3... even with knowing all videogame characters are eligible, there are still some good questions that could be answered..

...I feel like now Roy was absent from smash for so long because he was busy at the gym XD He looks so awesome

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Judging by the fact that Capcom just got it's second character.. Iiii'm fairly sure that criteria is non-existent XD

Besides. anything that man says should always be taken with a grain of salt anyway... he goes back on his word CONSTANTLY..

Anyway, I too hope we get more information at least on the ballot at e3... even with knowing all videogame characters are eligible, there are still some good questions that could be answered..

...I feel like now Roy was absent from smash for so long because he was busy at the gym XD He looks so awesome
Eh he's more of an "the most iconic fighter in fighting game history" than another capcom rep. Why? all these mii costumes with other companies such as SEGA and namco, really seems like they aint gettin some imo imo.

True, but we shall see.

Agreed

Im still waiting for the awkward zombie comic xD

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Eh he's more of an "the most iconic fighter in fighting game history" than another capcom rep. Why? all these mii costumes with other companies such as SEGA and namco, really seems like they aint gettin some imo imo.

True, but we shall see.

Agreed

Im still waiting for the awkward zombie comic xD
I don't even trust the mii outfits :/... Back when we got the Metaknight mask for the mii fighter. Everyone immediately assumed he was out.. we of course see how that happened XD

Basically put, I am waiting until the end of the road before I make any judgements myself.

I also loved how in Roy's reveal trailer how he knocked out Roy koopa at one point... I LOVE how they referenced that joke! XD

Last edited:
Top Bottom