• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Just 5 Months Left until the Ballot it Closing! We Need to Go Better and Sharing this if we Want Her in.
#ShantaeForSmash North America Smash Ballot - https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/
EU-UK Smash Ballot - https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/en-uk/
Japan Smash Ballot - https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/jp/

Guys, Shantae have 213 likes https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shan...ersion/769600476420657?notif_t=page_new_likes & for Geno got 225 likes https://www.facebook.com/pages/Geno...501687975421?ref=notif&notif_t=page_new_likes, which means Shantae is 12 likes away from Geno's likes! P.S: I'm the Boss for running up for Shantae & Geno to enter the World of Smash DLC in T-I-M-E!
Xm4T6Nk Shantae's Icon.png
l5ueA3i Geno's Icon.png
vjFfUlM Izuna's icon.png

Damenshi

Smash Apprentice
#ShantaeForSmash North America Smash Ballot - https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/
EU-UK Smash Ballot - https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/en-uk/
Japan Smash Ballot - https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/jp/

Guys, Shantae have 213 likes https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shan...ersion/769600476420657?notif_t=page_new_likes & for Geno got 225 likes https://www.facebook.com/pages/Geno...501687975421?ref=notif&notif_t=page_new_likes, which means Shantae is 12 likes away from Geno's likes! P.S: I'm the Boss for running up for Shantae & Geno to enter the World of Smash DLC in T-I-M-E!View attachment 49954 View attachment 49955 View attachment 49956
How high is Geno in the grand scheme of things?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
How high is Geno in the grand scheme of things?
Higher than he would have been if the Brawl hype didn't have the weirdest echo-chamber effect.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Been a while! How is everyone? We still dancing along? XD

On a latter, unrelated note... the Yooka-Laylee kickstarter has been chugging along with practically no issues. I'm still amazed it gathered over a million dollars in less than a day... It's just mind boggling to me

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Last edited:

Sonic 2099 The Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonic09Hedgehog
3DS FC
4038-6177-1632
Maybe if we can keep the hype running high, Shantae's numbers will become more significant among the leading characters.
(Of course, this is assuming the hype will or is dying down a bit concerning the Smash ballot. Which, I'm not so sure, but still!)
Yeah. i Agree. But How? i suck in art's so i can't Draw. so i Need a Other way to do it. any idea's?
Hype will run high again come E3 in 44 days or so. And the people who actually voted for Roy will either be smug because they think they got him in or hate themselves for what seems like a wasted vote.
Ah. Okay.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
As much as I like Geno, my desire for him being in Smash withered away ages ago. Especially in this installment of Smash and its overbearing amount of Mario characters. Same for Pokemon, really.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
As much as I like Geno, my desire for him being in Smash withered away ages ago. Especially in this installment of Smash and its overbearing amount of Mario characters. Same for Pokemon, really.
I truly understood that they're too many Mario and even Pokemon characters, but Geno is actually a different Mario character that's needed to be confirmed as a New DLC playable fighter
l5ueA3i Geno's Icon.png
http://smashboards.com/threads/geno...r-part-vote-geno.324253/page-77#post-19117493 & #ShantaeForSmash
Xm4T6Nk Shantae's Icon.png

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I truly understood that they're too many Mario and even Pokemon characters, but Geno is actually a different Mario character that's needed to be confirmed as a New DLC playable fighter View attachment 50048 http://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior-geno4smash-everyones-gotta-do-their-part-vote-geno.324253/page-77#post-19117493 & #ShantaeForSmashView attachment 50049
That is entirely your opinion. Many would argue that Toad, Waluigi, or even Paper Mario deserves that position. And those people would offer very valid reasons why. There are plenty of popular characters that deserve to be in Smash Bros. It is fine to support it. But keep in mind that no opinion is better than another's. All supporting statements still boil down to "I want this character". There is no, "..this character deserves it more for (so and so reason)". All that matters in the end is that the character people wanted the most makes it into the game.

That is not to say there isn't dumb suggestions, ala Shrek and other meme votes. It is clear that those are not meant to be in Smash. The characters voted on clearly have to at least have a significant impact on gaming or Nintendo. But this isn't the place to talk about stuff like this. This is the Shantae support thread. We should be talking Shantae.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
That is entirely your opinion. Many would argue that Toad, Waluigi, or even Paper Mario deserves that position. And those people would offer very valid reasons why. There are plenty of popular characters that deserve to be in Smash Bros. It is fine to support it. But keep in mind that no opinion is better than another's. All supporting statements still boil down to "I want this character". There is no, "..this character deserves it more for (so and so reason)". All that matters in the end is that the character people wanted the most makes it into the game.

That is not to say there isn't dumb suggestions, ala Shrek and other meme votes. It is clear that those are not meant to be in Smash. The characters voted on clearly have to at least have a significant impact on gaming or Nintendo. But this isn't the place to talk about stuff like this. This is the Shantae support thread. We should be talking Shantae.
I'm always aware of giving reasons, but we shall see and T-I-M-E will tell at the end of Oct.3rd 2015! P.S: #ShantaeForSmash
shantae___equestria_girls_style_by_mac_does_art-d8ga86o.png

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Finally beat the first game! It was pretty good, it felt a tad archaic in some areas, but that isn't the game's fault. The game was filled with a ton of memorable characters, Shantae herself being a great protagonist. Overall, It was a fun Metroidvania. Onward to Risky's Revenge!

I don't buy that anyone would fall for Risky's disguise near the end of the game though.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Finally beat the first game! It was pretty good, it felt a tad archaic in some areas, but that isn't the game's fault. The game was filled with a ton of memorable characters, Shantae herself being a great protagonist. Overall, It was a fun Metroidvania. Onward to Risky's Revenge!

I don't buy that anyone would fall for Risky's disguise near the end of the game though.
Yeah. I've definitely wanted to get into the series too, though I haven't had the funds to do so... I'm definitely grabbing them when I do though. It's an adventure I would rather not miss XD

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Yeah. I've definitely wanted to get into the series too, though I haven't had the funds to do so... I'm definitely grabbing them when I do though. It's an adventure I would rather not miss XD
Get them as soon as you get the chance, I can already tell this will be a great series.

gb7zone7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gb7zone7
Somecallmejohnny is having an indie marathon in which he'll review indie games for a while, it's vote based, but he was already planning on doing Shantae
I had a feeling he was gonna review Shantae since he left her out of the last poll. So yes! More exposure!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hello Shantae board! I'm come here for say that i vote for Shantae with King.K.Rool. Why? Because i really love the design of the character and for what i hear, the Shantae game seem very fun and with at lot of personnality. So i really want see Shantae in Smash 4 and maybe trying his game one day. (or at least see a Let's Plays)

Sonic 2099 The Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonic09Hedgehog
3DS FC
4038-6177-1632
Hello Shantae board! I'm come here for say that i vote for Shantae with King.K.Rool. Why? Because i really love the design of the character and for what i hear, the Shantae game seem very fun and with at lot of personnality. So i really want see Shantae in Smash 4 and maybe trying his game one day. (or at least see a Let's Plays)
Well i Say Welcome to Shantae's Support Club.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
this place is always so peaceful.Nice to get away from the ballot wars every once and awhile and just look at some good fan art

SuaveChaser

Smash Journeyman
I voted for Shantae i have been playing the games alot she is a perfect fit for smash.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Artsy Omni has been doing those "smashified" renditions, such as Ray's and Banjo Kazooie's, who saw their popularity boosted.

So if you truly want Shantae to get noticed or to have a chance of winning that ballot, I highly advise everyone who is on the Shantae support list to request Artsy Omni to smashify her. There are two simple ways that you can do this: either tweet him "#Smashify Shantae", or post "#Smashify Shantae" on his YouTube videos.

Sonic 2099 The Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonic09Hedgehog
3DS FC
4038-6177-1632
Artsy Omni has been doing those "smashified" renditions, such as Ray's and Banjo Kazooie's, who saw their popularity boosted.

So if you truly want Shantae to get noticed or to have a chance of winning that ballot, I highly advise everyone who is on the Shantae support list to request Artsy Omni to smashify her. There are two simple ways that you can do this: either tweet him "#Smashify Shantae", or post "#Smashify Shantae" on his YouTube videos.
Well We Got a New Smashified Video in.

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Damenshi

Smash Apprentice
Well We Got a New Smashified Video in.
Sigh... I really don't care for K. Rool.
Apologies to his supporters, perhaps I'm missing something here, but he's not really doing anything for me.
That's how I feel, anyway. Great art, though!

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of fanart, check out what I found, Shantae Wind Waker style

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Sigh... I really don't care for K. Rool.
Apologies to his supporters, perhaps I'm missing something here, but he's not really doing anything for me.
That's how I feel, anyway.
Well, You probably don't really feel anything for him due to his absence in recent DK titles..

Back in the day, K. Rool was a BIG iconic villain in the DK series.. infact many still consider him as such. He is practically to Donkey Kong what Bowser is to Mario, as many have said.

It's just like how outsiders to the Shantae thread probably wouldn't understand why she needs to be in. It's good to research the competition! :p Many of these other characters (usually) have support for a good reason. Just as our half-genie has support for a good reason ^_^

Last edited:

Damenshi

Smash Apprentice
Well, You probably don't really feel anything for him due to his absence in recent DK titles..

Back in the day, K. Rool was a BIG iconic villain in the DK series.. infact many still consider him as such. He is practically to Donkey Kong what Bowser is to Mario, as many have said.

It's just like how outsiders to the Shantae thread probably wouldn't understand why she needs to be in. It's good to research the competition! :p Many of these other characters (usually) have support for a good reason. Just as our half-genie has support for a good reason ^_^
Fair enough.
No real ill will on my end, I'm just not a huge fan.
Kudos to the big guy for his amount of supporters, though.

Top Bottom