• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Yacht Club Games has been juggling ideas for a Nintendo-exclusive boss lately, so this tweet/reaction actually isn't all that surprising. It's like an understated Smash Ballot for Shovel Knight. Ironic that it's happening at the same time.

I recall at one point they were entertaining the idea of using Tingle because they like going for characters with an element of silliness - like how the Battletoads are so over the top, or Kratos being hilariously out of place.
I heard about Tingle. But in all honesty, Meta Knight both in lore and appearance fits Shovel Knight's setting so well. Meta Knight is almost always hunting down worthy adversaries. I mean he even had a wish granted by Nova in Super Star Ultra to face the galaxy's greatest warrior, just so he could beat him. That premise alone is enough to create a short sub-story where Meta Knight seeks out Shovel Knight.

Heck, they could even take it a step further and make him playable so he can face off against all the Knights. Now that would be some good exclusive content!

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Hi all: Not to go briefly off-topic, but I have been exploring Smashboards recently (mainly on this forum about Shantae being DLC), and have decided to join the discussion and create an account. You might all see me around in different parts of the Smashboards, talking about what's going on in terms of Smash, but I'll mainly be here. If there's a list for adding Shantae supporters, I'm all in. :4kirby:

#ShantaeForSmash

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Hi all: Not to go briefly off-topic, but I have been exploring Smashboards recently (mainly on this forum about Shantae being DLC), and have decided to join the discussion and create an account. You might all see me around in different parts of the Smashboards, talking about what's going on in terms of Smash, but I'll mainly be here. If there's a list for adding Shantae supporters, I'm all in. :4kirby:

#ShantaeForSmash
Welcome to the thread, and hope you enjoy it here on Smashboards.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I really want to see the boss theme remixed if she gets in. It has to be one of the best boss battle themes I've ever heard.

Pyropuppet

Smash Cadet
I am now here... not that I have anything important to say. But I really want Shantae in Smash, and she got my vote on the ballot... R.I.P Ridley

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys, today's Smashified (or yesterday's if you're in a different timezone) was of Travis, a character from a fan made game called Mother 4 (it was hinted that there would be some sort of Smashified Earthbound/Mother character, but I didn't expect that at all.). It was interesting; They created him with 3d Modeling instead of 2d Modeling. Either way, it did again come out as unexpected, but I think it was intended to show appreciation for Mother 4, which I can understand. Still though, if we were to look way forward into the next Smashified picture, I think that Shantae will get Smashified herself very soon: As I have seen, she is one of the most popular requested female characters to get Smashified (all the Smashified characters have been male so far), and the Smashified twitter page even retweeted the Shantae render that one person did back in April, which shows they have interest in the character. Either way, I am hyped to see what they will bring next.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

#ShantaeForSmash
Welcome to the board sir!:4pacman:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608

#ShantaeForSmash
:starman:Welcome to the Support Group:starman:

Sonic 2099 The Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonic09Hedgehog
3DS FC
4038-6177-1632

#ShantaeForSmash
Welcome To the Supporters Community! Hope you Enjoy.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730

#ShantaeForSmash
Welcome aboard New Shantae-ian fan supporter and please join in ShantaeForSmash on Facebook Community Club of mine:
P.S: #ShantaeForSmash
Xm4T6Nk Shantae's Icon.png

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
If anything, Shantae's victory theme will likely be

Or the little tune it plays at the end of a boss in GBC Shantae.

SL the Pyro

Smash Apprentice

Fairly recent hype video consisting of a mish-mash of the various Shantae propaganda and videos, done to a silly SSB4 remix. He had the mind to credit what he used in the video description as well as link a few other helpful vids.

This was uploaded just a few days ago, which means the Shantae hype train is still going strong after a month. It amazes me that I'm still finding various new posts about "Vote Shantae!" after this long. If Artsy Omni does a Smashified! of her, notoriety would drastically increase too. It feels like her DLC chances are improving by the day.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys, I hear that Nintendo will be revealing some stuff that relates to E3 at 9:00 AM Pacific Time on Wednesday. They had an image of a hooded man (most likely Reggie), with the caption "Who’s training for E3? Check back here tomorrow at 9 a.m. PT and find out our plans for the show!". Clearly, this hints that Nintendo will have a lot in store in us for this year, maybe even more so then any other year. Either way, can't wait to see what they in store for us. :4kirby:

Also, a question: Is there a way to save that #ShantaeForSmash icon? I'm not too sure on how to do it since it seems I can't highlight and copy it.

Last edited:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I already think Shantae would be a perfect fit for Smash, whenever she gets Smashified it's all going to be too much for me! x_x

Nice first place he's got there. :awesome:
:grin:

Well guys, I hear that Nintendo will be revealing some stuff that relates to E3 at 9:00 AM Pacific Time on Wednesday. They had an image of a hooded man (most likely Reggie), with the caption "Who’s training for E3? Check back here tomorrow at 9 a.m. PT and find out our plans for the show!". Clearly, this hints that Nintendo will have a lot in store in us for this year, maybe even more so then any other year. Either way, can't wait to see what they in store for us. :4kirby:

Also, a question: Is there a way to save that #ShantaeForSmash icon? I'm not too sure on how to do it since it seems I can't highlight and copy it.
right click
save as

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
:grin:

right click
save as
Oh; My apologies, I had meant to ask how I could use the Shantae icon here on the forums. Still, I do appreciate your response. :4kirby:

In general though, how would you guys use the Shantae icon here on the forums? Can't seem to figure out how.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Oh; My apologies, I had meant to ask how I could use the Shantae icon here on the forums. Still, I do appreciate your helpful response. :4kirby:

How do you guys use the Shantae icon here on the forums? Can't seem to figure out how.
Well, since I was the one that made one myself, you just copy the URL of the image by right clicking on the image itself and use it for whatever purpose you want it for.

Here.

ShantaeStock.png

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well, since I was the one that made one myself, you just copy the URL of the image by right clicking on the image itself and use it for whatever purpose you want it for.

Here.

View attachment 51490
Ah: Well, thank you. :4kirby:

I'll go ahead and add some Shantae hype in now. The hype shall continue! :4dedede:

#ShantaeForSmash
(And yes, I decided to use the icon you provided and the other one that most use on here. Double the hype). :4kirby::4dedede:

So guys, to add in some new discussion, are you opposed to Nintendo doing a Digital Event this year at E3? I've seen some people opposed to Nintendo doing this rather then the usual on-stage events that everyone seems to be used to.

Last edited:

Culex77

Smash Rookie
NNID
Culex77
3DS FC
0044-3006-4076
Count me in as a supporter for this thread. Out of any character I can think of Shantae quite a history with Nintendo platforms. Plus she has a vast moveset potential with her hair, genie powers and Risky's Gear from Pirates Curse. Speaking of which just beat that game and oh boy the music and visuals are AMAZING! Scuttle Town would make for a perfect stage and heck Risky, Squid Barron or Ammo Baron would make for cool stage bosses.#ShantaeForSmash

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Count me in as a supporter for this thread. Out of any character I can think of Shantae quite a history with Nintendo platforms. Plus she has a vast moveset potential with her hair, genie powers and Risky's Gear from Pirates Curse. Speaking of which just beat that game and oh boy the music and visuals are AMAZING! Scuttle Town would make for a perfect stage and heck Risky, Squid Barron or Ammo Baron would make for cool stage bosses.#ShantaeForSmash
:starman:Welcome to the Support Group the More the Merrier!!:starman:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Welcome aboard New Shantae-ian supporter & #ShantaeForSmash!

CFood

Smash Cadet
All of my YES

What does this picture have to do with Smash? Besides having Link, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, IT JUST LOOKS COOL.

Plus I didn't want to just say four words and that was it, you know?

Also, Raheem the Dream, I think I've seen you on facebook. Surely it's no coincidence when the Raheem I saw on facebook is big into the Shantae for Smash page.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
All of my YES

What does this picture have to do with Smash? Besides having Link, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, IT JUST LOOKS COOL.

Plus I didn't want to just say four words and that was it, you know?

Also, Raheem the Dream, I think I've seen you on facebook. Surely it's no coincidence when the Raheem I saw on facebook is big into the Shantae for Smash page.

Yep, that's me: Raheem Gerard Cody Nelson as @ Raheem The Dream Raheem The Dream ! P.S: #ShantaeForSmash, baby!
shantae_forever_by_theorderofnightmare-d8l4qt8.png

SL the Pyro

Smash Apprentice
The last couple of E3s were pretty lackluster. 2013 was everyone not named Sony shooting themselves in the foot, 2014 was damage control from previously shooting themselves in the foot. Some brief summaries of their current standings:

• Microsoft: No secret here, the hardware-pushing and especially the advertised DRM functions had the XBox One's head in the mud before it even left E3 2013. They fortunately rescinded most of the DRM stuff and fixed their glaring mistakes by 2014, but it's still been on life support and probably will continue to be if they don't get a spectacular showing in 2015.
  • Sony: Conversely, they used Microsoft's conference as an example and pretty much said "hey, here's what we're not going to do" and they've been coasting on that epic burn for a couple of years straight. They know they're the console frontrunners and aren't afraid to flaunt it, and not having to do any damage control their conferences have been best ones so far. That said though, their domination over Microsoft has officially run its course, so let's hope they haven't gotten to complacent, because lest we forget that they too have been pushing their hardware a bit too hard...
  • Nintendo: Poor Wii U. For all of Nintendo's great conferences that can be called nothing but a labor of love, it hasn't been helping their console at all. What has been helping it is that they actually brought a few console-selling games to E3 2014, and if they can keep doing that they may yet bring it out of the abyss. Really, Nintendo's big mistake with the Wii U was (again) pushing their hardware and assuming this would help meet sales projections, when really they should've just held off until they had a halfway-decent library of games for it that the original Wii didn't already have. With Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon hitting the shelves (I hesitate to mention SSB4 since it's on the 3DS as well), they've gradually been turning this around, and E3 2015 is their big chance to breathe some life back into their console.
  • EA: They just haven't done anything spectacular over the years. It's mostly just been extending their old IPs and over-promoting their sports games. Nothing really interesting.
  • Ubisoft: Similar case as EA's, but they're better at presenting and holding interest. Still though, nothing really outstanding.

There, that should bring you about up to speed. E3 2015 will certainly be a thing. Most of the companies have nowhere to go but up, lest they ultimately crash and burn. As for Sony, it'll be interesting to see what they have in store now that their "console frontrunner" status has lost its relevance over the last couple of years.

...And, now, to make sure this post isn't completely off-topic: what do you think the odds are of Shantae: Half-Genie Hero being promoted at E3 2015? Maybe with a new release date? (If there isn't one already, if there is then I can't find it.) WayForward doesn't need anything spectacular, just a friendly reminder that the game-in-development still exists. It would do wonders for their notoriety and maybe give Shantae that kick of exposure she needs.

Last edited:

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
The last couple of E3s were pretty lackluster. 2013 was everyone not named Sony shooting themselves in the foot, 2014 was damage control from previously shooting themselves in the foot. Some brief summaries of their current standings:

• Microsoft: No secret here, the hardware-pushing and especially the advertised DRM functions had the XBox One's head in the mud before it even left E3 2013. They fortunately rescinded most of the DRM stuff and fixed their glaring mistakes by 2014, but it's still been on life support and probably will continue to be if they don't get a spectacular showing in 2015.
  • Sony: Conversely, they used Microsoft's conference as an example and pretty much said "hey, here's what we're not going to do" and they've been coasting on that epic burn for a couple of years straight. They know they're the console frontrunners and aren't afraid to flaunt it, and not having to do any damage control their conferences have been best ones so far. That said though, their domination over Microsoft has officially run its course, so let's hope they haven't gotten to complacent, because lest we forget that they too have been pushing their hardware a bit too hard...
  • Nintendo: Poor Wii U. For all of Nintendo's great conferences that can be called nothing but a labor of love, it hasn't been helping their console at all. What has been helping it is that they actually brought a few console-selling games to E3 2014, and if they can keep doing that they may yet bring it out of the abyss. Really, Nintendo's big mistake with the Wii U was (again) pushing their hardware and assuming this would help meet sales projections, when really they should've just held off until they had a halfway-decent library of games for it that the original Wii didn't already have. With Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon hitting the shelves (I hesitate to mention SSB4 since it's on the 3DS as well), they've gradually been turning this around, and E3 2015 is their big chance to breathe some life back into their console.
  • EA: They just haven't done anything spectacular over the years. It's mostly just been extending their old IPs and over-promoting their sports games. Nothing really interesting.
  • Ubisoft: Similar case as EA's, but they're better at presenting and holding interest. Still though, nothing really outstanding.

There, that should bring you about up to speed. E3 2015 will certainly be a thing. Most of the companies have nowhere to go but up, lest they ultimately crash and burn. As for Sony, it'll be interesting to see what they have in store now that their "console frontrunner" status has lost its relevance over the last couple of years.

...And, now, to make sure this post isn't completely off-topic: what do you think the odds are of Shantae: Half-Genie Hero being promoted at E3 2015? Maybe with a new release date? (If there isn't one already, if there is then I can't find it.) WayForward doesn't need anything spectacular, just a friendly reminder that the game-in-development still exists. It would do wonders for their notoriety and maybe give Shantae that kick of exposure she needs.
At most, I predict that HGH will be shown on Nintendo's indie games showcase. Though I wouldn't mind something spectacular.

CFood

Smash Cadet
holy crap how did they manage that

I think Matt Bozon is getting a bit ahead of himself, but Shantae getting adspace off of the eShop browser screen right next to Nintendo's IPs is still mighty impressive. Most companies wouldn't even give indies the light of day.
Well a reason they might be showing it off is because Shantae and the Pirate's Curse was one of the top 10 3DS games of 2014 voted by Club Nintendo users. (so was Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright, so my 2 favorite 3DS games of last year made it on)

LittleToys

Smash Cadet
Pshhhhhh i wish i found this forum earlier, im supporting Shantae as well voted for her on two different computers.

Top Bottom