• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
How have y'all been, my Shantae supporting brethren? I've been doing some heavy lifting as of late, as you can tell. That way no one can oppose our Shantae rule.
I've taken up a sword and starting wearing a pirate outfit, so I can hunt for booty.
Who's booty? I'll let you decide.

I just posted this pic in the Daisy support topic:

:troll:
That image reeks like Tumblr, dude...

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I've taken up a sword and starting wearing a pirate outfit, so I can hunt for booty.

Clearly not mine. I skipped more than just leg day.

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337

Risky's Booty? HAHAHAHAHA.

I'll leave now.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Risky ain't got nuttin' on Shantae's hips tho. Why do you think she wanted revenge so badly? Aside from Shantae kicking her booty?

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
I totally agree. I feel so triggered and my safe-spaces are absolutely violated by these racist, sexist, fashist, mysogonist ****lord pissbabies. I made a blog about how much I hate video games because they are dominated by the white cis male 'race', and I made a Patreon you can donate to so that I can get over my PTSD from all of this male fantasy.

I'm so sorry. Here's another Shantae pic.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Given that the new Shantae game has a "Giga Mermaid" boss I wonder if that means Shantae has a new transformation where she turns into a giant to fight her...

That'd be pretty neat. It'd tie into my game perfectly too...

Last edited:

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Given that the new Shantae game has a "Giga Mermaid" boss I wonder if that means Shantae has a new transformation where she turns into a giant to fight her...

I honestly doubt it, but it would be hot cool to see. More than likely the boss will focus between Shantae's usual form and a new tool she got within the level (likely the mermaid), but that's just my assumption.

Last edited:

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337

Giga Mermaid boss? I don't think I've heard of that yet (assuming you mean Half Genie Hero and not Pirate's Curse, in which case I haven't played that yet) but it sounds interesting, though I doubt Shantae would get any bigger for the fight. That's not to say that the idea of a giant transformation for Shantae wouldn't be cool though, probably functioning in the same vein as the Mega Mushroom from the NSMB games. I don't think risky would stand a chance at that point, though.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Giga Mermaid boss? I don't think I've heard of that yet (assuming you mean Half Genie Hero and not Pirate's Curse, in which case I haven't played that yet) but it sounds interesting, though I doubt Shantae would get any bigger for the fight. That's not to say that the idea of a giant transformation for Shantae wouldn't be cool though, probably functioning in the same vein as the Mega Mushroom from the NSMB games. I don't think risky would stand a chance at that point, though.
Well of course you haven't played Half Genie Hero as it's not out yet. But one of their concepts was for a cute giant mermaid boss.

Also... what if Risky gets big too?

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
Well of course you haven't played Half Genie Hero as it's not out yet. But one of their concepts was for a cute giant mermaid boss.

Also... what if Risky gets big too?
Oh, I had meant that I hadn't played Pirate's Curse yet. GuessIderpedmywordinghue. And man, if both if them somehow managed to do that, well...

RIP Sequin Land. Seriously though, the idea of a boss fight like that is pretty cool. (Maybe it's just because I recently watched an anime involving giant mechas and monsters)

s07195

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 4502 0980 9128
Voted once on the US Smash Ballot, then did the same in Japanese on the JP website. Hopefully those count differently.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I just bought shantae risky's revenge I'm having trouble finding zombie band wagon :I though I do like how open it feels

s07195

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 4502 0980 9128
It was, but was apparently untranslated. Strange...
That's because that's the Steam version of the game. News is that Risky's Revenge is going to be translated into Japanese and put on the JP 3DS eShop, but since that first news post there's been no news at all. Just the English Steam version of RRDC.

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
I'm not sure if this has been talked about in the thread before but, Half-Genie Hero's going to have the 5 main reoccurring characters be playable (Shantae, Bolo, Sky, Rottytops, and Risky). Assuming most of you guys are getting it, who are you most excited to play as?

Don't know about you guys, but I've been wanting to play as Rottytops for a long time. Hopefully she's a fast as she is when you raced her in the original.

gb7zone7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gb7zone7
I'm not sure if this has been talked about in the thread before but, Half-Genie Hero's going to have the 5 main reoccurring characters be playable (Shantae, Bolo, Sky, Rottytops, and Risky). Assuming most of you guys are getting it, who are you most excited to play as?

Don't know about you guys, but I've been wanting to play as Rottytops for a long time. Hopefully she's a fast as she is when you raced her in the original.
I dunno, Bolo gets to finally use his ball n chain after 13 years, Sky gets to call in birds for platforming and combat, Risky probably sporting the Pirate Gear setup like in the last game, Rottytops I have no clue but the mystery of it is intriguing (except I know you throw Rotty's head Ms. Fortune style). All of them I'm equally excited for.

Last edited:

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253

I'm probably gonna be playing as my boy Bolo. I honestly wonder how the game's gonna work with the new playable characters since most of the Shantae games go into her forms to solve puzzles...

Last edited:

Sonic 2099 The Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonic09Hedgehog
3DS FC
4038-6177-1632
Just 5 Months Left until the Ballot it Closing! We Need to Go Better and Sharing this if we Want Her in.

Damenshi

Smash Apprentice
Just 5 Months Left until the Ballot it Closing! We Need to Go Better and Sharing this if we Want Her in.
Maybe if we can keep the hype running high, Shantae's numbers will become more significant among the leading characters.
(Of course, this is assuming the hype will or is dying down a bit concerning the Smash ballot. Which, I'm not so sure, but still!)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Maybe if we can keep the hype running high, Shantae's numbers will become more significant among the leading characters.
(Of course, this is assuming the hype will or is dying down a bit concerning the Smash ballot. Which, I'm not so sure, but still!)
Hype will run high again come E3 in 44 days or so. And the people who actually voted for Roy will either be smug because they think they got him in or hate themselves for what seems like a wasted vote.

Top Bottom