• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
According to this video, Shantae Half Genie Hero is going to be at the whole Nindies Showcase thing. Think there will be anything new shown off?
Sweet. I think...

>New forms
>New art and stages
>Battle Mode?

>RELEASE DATE

In terms of other Wayforward projects, Mighty Switch Force Academy will most likely be revealed for Wii U, and the latest build for both games may be playable demos.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
And in any case, this is all just my speculation, not gospel truth. Just thought I'd share my analysis of Rayman's popularity since you brought him up.
Don't worry it's an interesting read.

I do hope he and shantae will get in though! it'd be great to see two amazingly unique characters in smash

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Nintendo game lineup for PAX Prime:
>Super Smash Bros for Wii U

GOTTA SHOVEL COAL INTO THE ENGINE OF THIS HYPE TRAIN

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Hmm.... I think the only reason why they have Super Smash Bros for Wii U there is for tournament purposes; while I'd love to see a veteran/newcomer character reveal, the chances of this happening is low in my view, I'm afraid.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Hmm.... I think the only reason why they have Super Smash Bros for Wii U there is for tournament purposes; while I'd love to see a veteran/newcomer character reveal, the chances of this happening is low in my view, I'm afraid.
Melee is joining the party too, so, probably.

Still shoveling. #ShantaeforSmash

I hope Nintendo does Nindies@Home again for PAX Prime.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well, Nintendo's twitter account just posted a Peach amiibo from Smash Bros. saying "Oh, did I win?" (which we all know is one of her victory quotes). Either they're just messing around, or there IS something Smashing planned. :3

Last edited:

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
The most likely DLC characters from the ballot would be (in my opinion)

King K. Rool
Isaac
Shantae

Well, Nintendo's twitter account just posted a Peach amiibo from Smash Bros. saying "Oh, did I win?" (which we all know is one of her victory quotes). Either they're just messing around, or there IS something Smashing planned. :3
They're just messing around lol.

Children0fTheStars

Smash Apprentice
Edit:

I thought of something about all of the polls, especially starting with the recent Reddit one. Even if the results were faked or skewed, it does still mean her name's getting exposure for people that might hear about said polls. I still agree that the results should be honest, but it's a silver lining to consider.

Then again, this same thing might have happened with Shovel Knight.

Nintendo game lineup for PAX Prime:
>Super Smash Bros for Wii U

GOTTA SHOVEL COAL INTO THE ENGINE OF THIS HYPE TRAIN
As already said, it's only worded as "Games scheduled to be playable on the show floor".

At the same time, if they have a surprise announcement for DLC of any kind, they could be keeping it a secret for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Oh I hope Shantae gets to crossover to somewhere lol.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Oh I hope Shantae gets to crossover to somewhere lol.
She should've been in Runbow...

Like I said, 13AM games wanted her, and never said that Wayforward declined, so...

What happened?

C'mon, even the Drifter, despite Hyper Light Drifter not coming to Wii U until next year, is there. Not to mention, ugh, Unity-Chan...

conTAgi0n

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1668 7817 3192
Edit:

I thought of something about all of the polls, especially starting with the recent Reddit one. Even if the results were faked or skewed, it does still mean her name's getting exposure for people that might hear about said polls. I still agree that the results should be honest, but it's a silver lining to consider.
This is really important to keep in mind, and it's the real reason why it's important that we keep voting for Shantae in all these polls. Character popularity has a dramatic snowball effect. The majority of voters will choose to support a character that they perceive as already being fairly popular, since these are the most likely to actually make it in. The real reason we all need to keep voting in every poll that comes up isn't that we want to measure how popular Shantae is, it's that we want to increase her popularity by showing that she is a serious candidate. Part of the reason we are seeing her take off right now is that her rise in popularity is self-reinforcing: the more people see her top these charts, the more she gets talked about, and the more people will see her as a likely candidate and investigate more to see if she's the one for them.

This is also why it's important not to cheat on these: the perception that a character's votes are mostly fraudulent damages the perception of them as a popular candidate, rather than bolstering it. Fortunately outside of that one poll we are dominating anyway, I don't think there's been a lot of cheating happening among Shantae supporters.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Hooooh law-DY. I'm actually willing to bet that should Shantae get in, she'll be kinda curvy like that.
You really should try coloring, man. Or even using a full-on paint program.
i also sounded thirsty as hell lol
Well, just to make a point about it; females in Smash does seem to get...bigger, in areas, compared to their source games.

But with that said, As long as they do a good job with the model quality to make it look like Shantae, that's all that matters. But I'm sure they'll do fine if she makes it in.

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
It's K. Rool or a runner-up, isn't it?
Well, just to make a point about it; females in Smash does seem to get...bigger, in areas, compared to their source games.

But with that said, As long as they do a good job with the model quality to make it look like Shantae, that's all that matters. But I'm sure they'll do fine if she makes it in.
I never noticed that.

...I can't think of a comment.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
It's K. Rool or a runner-up, isn't it?

I never noticed that.

...I can't think of a comment.
Wii Fit Trainer isn't even the most notable. Peach, Zelda, and Zammy... really. Zamus.

Even from Brawl to Smash 4 she's bigger. And this was something that was quite apparent if you seen their source game models/designs for a long time to see how they turn up in Smash afterwords.

Last edited:

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
Hooooh law-DY. I'm actually willing to bet that should Shantae get in, she'll be kinda curvy like that.
lol Glad you like it. I enjoy drawing curves! And I would love to color this sometime. Just don't really have anything to do it with yet. Working on getting an art tablet. Again thanks!

EDIT: And if she gets into smash and has hips like that..................boy oh boy.

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Wii Fit Trainer isn't even the most notable. Peach, Zelda, and Zammy... really. Zamus.

Even from Brawl to Smash 4 she's bigger. And this was something that was quite apparent if you seen their source game models/designs for a long time to see how they turn up in Smash afterwords.
I'm just going to ignore it entirely before I lose sleep questioning Sakurai's morals.

DoctorSanity

Smash Journeyman
We need to revert Samus back to her Amazonian days so hard we accidently make her 7"0'!
(Which ironically would be smaller of a change if you think of 6"3'->5"4'=11' difference vs. 6"3'->7"0'=9' difference)

But, ooch, that's a good point on Shantae's "assets" possibly getting exaggerated in her transition to Smash if it happened. But on the other hand because she's third party (judging by Pac-Man's oh so varied color schemes *COUGH COUGH*) they may put much more emphasis on keeping the transition as close as possible out of respect. ...But then again because she's from such a small developer and would be the only third party female rep we don't exactly know how that would turn out either.

Ugh, tough call, I gotta say.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
We need to revert Samus back to her Amazonian days so hard we accidently make her 7"0'!
(Which ironically would be smaller of a change if you think of 6"3'->5"4'=11' difference vs. 6"3'->7"0'=9' difference)

But, ooch, that's a good point on Shantae's "assets" possibly getting exaggerated in her transition to Smash if it happened. But on the other hand because she's third party (judging by Pac-Man's oh so varied color schemes *COUGH COUGH*) they may put much more emphasis on keeping the transition as close as possible out of respect. ...But then again because she's from such a small developer and would be the only third party female rep we don't exactly know how that would turn out either.

Ugh, tough call, I gotta say.
Also, Shantae's a significantly younger character, compared to Samus, Peach, etc.

So I'm sure Sakurai's team will treat her properly.

Last edited:

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
Also, Shantae's a significantly younger character, compared to Samus, Peach, etc.

So I'm sure Sakurai's team will treat her properly.
Still... she's got some mighty fine hips in HGH. ...........I'll see myself out now.

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
Mega Hips FLAT COLOR.png
Ask and ye shall receive... sorta. Here's a quick flat color version I just whipped up with Paint.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
"Indie characters don't deserve to be in Smash!"

This one does, dummy.

(Run Run Bodywash now has a one-hour loop.)
I love this video too much.

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
"Indie characters don't deserve to be in Smash!"

This one does, dummy.

(Run Run Bodywash now has a one-hour loop.)
I love this video too much.
................I'm now gonna have to make a Shantae advertising Old Spice drawing........ help me

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
To be honest, I'm sure that video has probably brought Shantae's chances up a little bit.

Weird and/or funny exposure is better than none.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
No need to do a drawing. Just photoshop her head on Terry Crews' body and call it a day.
Please.....................................................................................I beg of you........................................no...................................................................:urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
I have some of the odder ideas for Shantae fanart. With the vest, I sometimes tended to draw her with sunglasses, and in one drawing, I had her sporting Nikes.

I also tend to draw her a little more... built.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Eh.... How do you think he may know something about the next character? Does he work for Nintendo or something? :p
Well, he does do the "Unsee64" series, talking about cut and behind the scenes information of past games, Like Rayman 4's development and such. However, Tamaki is not being truthful with us as he's having depression problems and all this might just be him lying to us just to have fun for himself... which is sad.

Top Bottom