• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GTA TOURNAMENT CALENDAR

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Why are there no tournies or biweeklies after the 17th?
Not sure if any smashers are gonna be going, but that's gonna be a Brawl tournament @ Anime North 08.

64 Man limit. It'll get filled up, but you need an AN ticket to get in the tournament according to their rules. Pretty sure there isn't a pot. But yeah. That's on the 23rd.

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if any smashers are gonna be going, but that's gonna be a Brawl tournament @ Anime North 08.

64 Man limit. It'll get filled up, but you need an AN ticket to get in the tournament according to their rules. Pretty sure there isn't a pot. But yeah. That's on the 23rd.
can you say auto gay?

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
im considering it, but i dunno.

I go every year so if i dont go for smash it shouldnt matter :/

lol ahhhh i remember thats when we first met josh and he was 3 stocked (out of 3) by James with jiggs. good times

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
i'd say every smash event was a good time and an indisputably memorable memory up until about 3 months ago.

there is no cow level

there is no cow level in which to say that cows exist

but the level of say that a cow has in which to imply it's own existence is disputable

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Wow, I thought I already posted here.

k, the problem with the title of this thread is that I've noticed that newcomers are really so stupid and don't know what GTA stands for.

They think we're talking about GTA IV lol.

Grmo, change the title to Greater Toronto Area Tournament Calendar. Caps or not, you choose.

D

Deleted member

umm.. i'd rather not have people that dumb at tournaments

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
WILL A MOD JUST STICKIE THIS ****ING THREAD FOR **** SAKE, IM SEEING 20 ****ING NEWCOMERS ASKING IF WE'RE HAVING ****ING TOURNAMENTS WHEN CLEARLY THIS ****IN THREAD EXISTS

10char

Grmo

Smash Champion
you were supposed to say 10noobs.

I agree with Jake actually. Seriously, I'm getting enough morons calling me and asking dumb questions like where/when the tournament is, and I don't want anyone that dumb. They'll probably bring wiimotes and then ask me for batteries an hour into the tournament or something. If someone doesn't know what GTA stands for, then they're ********. I think I'll add it in the first page though.

Moreover, it's completely unnecessary and anything with Greater Toronto Area in the title sounds stupid. Take for example the Toronto thread. That sounded fine, right? Greater Toronto area Thread? No, soudns like ****. The GTA thread would have been fine, but no. So the Greater Toronto Area Tournament Calendar? That's ********. I'm not doing it. Morons can get N or get out and so far as I'm concerned getting in involved not being a moron

Grmo

Smash Champion
First page edited. This is essentially a bump post, but I'd like to ask everyone who has tournaments planned to tell me about them so I can add the dates. I've only got one up there because it's the only one that I know of.

Oh yes, discussion topic: I think that if someone wants to host a big tournament, it shouldn't have to work its way around biweeklies, since a big one is more important and biweeklies happen every 2 weeks (being redundant is productive, I know). So basically, biweeklies should get out of the way if there's a venue coming up. Thoughts?

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
not right now anyways <_<
but who knows what the GTA will be up to with their wacky antics

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
OHHHHKAY, grmo I've got ALOT of things to schedule. so many that I will just do it for you so all you have to do i quote and copy and paste:

May 24: Free

May 31: The Alphamale Biweekliez!

June 7: Free

June 14: The Chilly Willy Monthlies
The Alphamale Biweekliez!

June 21: Free

June 28: The Alphamale Biweekliez!

July 5: Free

July 12: The Alphamale Biweekliez!

July 19: Free

July 26: The Alphamale Biweekliez!

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
bumped for newbs

oh btw theres been an update in the calendar *looks at grmo to quote and paste*

May 24: Free

May 31: SMASHTURBATION

June 7: Free

June 14: The Chilly Willy Monthlies
The Alphamale Biweekliez!

June 21: Free

June 28: The Alphamale Biweekliez!

July 5: Free

July 12: The Alphamale Biweekliez!

July 19: Free

July 26: The Alphamale Biweekliez!

worldjem7

Smash Ace
I think the Pownz tournament should be listed for June 20-21st in Hamilton. They say it's going to be the biggest Brawl tournament in Ontario but, maybe you guys know more about it than I do.

KingAce

Smash Ace
The pownz tournament is from 6pm - 11pm... I dont get how they can organize the "biggest brawl tournament in Ontario" in 5 hours lol

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
It's a tournament hosted in Hamilton.

I'll get details from the man himself if you're interested. Entry fee is $25 per person, and there are cash prizes from what he told me. So yeah, but still, a tournament is a tournament. It should be up for the masses to know. I mean it's gonna be hosted at a proper venue, that's already better than what our biweeklies provide lol.

Gichan

Smash Champion
$25! That's a little something. But yeah, at a venue owns, but hey man, those biweeklies are still fun and great practice.

Top Bottom