• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm going to stick out a limb and say we shouldn't count out Squirtle and Ivysaur just yet. Pokémon Trainer is gone, they can still appear separately like Project M.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I also believe Ridley has an even better chance of being playable due to the fact that sakurai keeps teasing it! kind of like how he's teasing Palutena (trophy quiz today anyone?)
Sakurai will probably tease Palutena's deconfirmation with the Chaos Kin Possessed Palutena, but then reveals the true Palutena.

You think the deconfirmation is bad now? Watch how the supporters, for the characters who still have a chance, clamor at each other for the roster spots.

The feuds and debates will be stronger like never before, well, until the next smash.

Last edited by a moderator:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Alright, here's the deal:

I'm putting in anybody who has been specifically identified as a disconfirmation (so no, I'm not including vague appearances like Ridley and Mii, or characters like Mewtwo, Ivysaur or Squirtle). This includes:

1. Chain Chomp (Louie G.)
  2. Color TV-Game 15 (which had a support thread, strangely enough)
  3. Dark Samus (Venus of the Desert Bloom)
  4. Devil
  5. Dr. Wright
  6. Elec Man (Would've preferred Proto Man, but whatever)
  7. Knuckle Joe
  8. Lyn
  9. Midna (andimidna)
  10. Saki Amamiya
  11. Samurai Goroh (YoshiandToad)
  12. Darkrai
  13. Arceus (Swampasaur)
  14. Meowth
  15. Electrode
  16. Eevee (Cobalsh)
  17. Bellossom
  18. Staryu
  19. Metagross
  20. Snorlax
  21. Fennekin
  22. Meleotta
  23. Gogoat
  24. Entei (GoldenYuiitusin)
  25. Deoxys
  26. Kyurem
  27. Victini (Fortanono)
  28. Keldeo
  29. Goldeen
  30. Pseudo-Palutena
  31. Tiki (Pacack)
  32. Fi
  33. The worm dude from Metroid
  34. Goomba
  35. Hammer Bro.
  36. Kritter
  37. TAC
  38. Bulborb
  39. Bullet Bill
  40. Chandelure
  41. Fire Chomp (probably included under Chain Chomp) (Louie G.)
  42. Gordo
  43. Lakitu
  44. Magikoopa/ Kamek
  45. Met (Mega Man)
  46. Mimiecutie
  47. Mite (SSE)
  48. Monoeye
  49. Parasol Waddle Dee (BigAxle)
  50. Plasma Wisp
  51. Polar Bear (Ice Climbers)
  52. Poppant (SSE)
  53. The Reaper
  54. Roturret (SSE)
  55. Shotzo (Kirby)
  56. Skuttler
  57. Stalfos
  58. Tiki Buzz
  59. Lip (Lip's Stick has been revealed)
  60. Mr. Saturn (BigAxle)

So... 60 disconfirmations...

We're gonna need a bigger graveyard. Here's what I'm going to do:

If you are interested in writing an obituary for a character, contact me, as there's no way I can do it all on my own. All you have to do is get my OK on it (this post will be edited by me to put down who's writing who). So, I recommend sending me a PM as soon as possible, as it's first-come first serve.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Eevee, Midna, and Lyn were kind of disappointing to me. Lots of deconfirmations in that Direct. D: Sakurai also stated no more transformations, so I guess Pokemon Trainer is deconfirmed as well, but possibly not Squirtle and Ivysaur.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
You think the deconfirmation is bad now? Watch how the supporters, for the characters who still have a chance, clamor at each other for the roster spots.

The feuds and debates will be stronger like never before, well, until the next smash.
Eevee, Midna, and Lyn were kind of disappointing to me. Lots of deconfirmations in that Direct. D: Sakurai also stated no more transformations, so I guess Pokemon Trainer is deconfirmed as well, but possibly not Squirtle and Ivysaur.
If we are going by Series Roster by the Mario Series, which has five, then that means the Pokemon roster has room for one more spot.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Oracle_Summon said:
If we are going by Series Roster by the Mario Series, which has five, then that means the Pokemon roster has room for one more spot.
I think that 5th spot will probably be Jigglypuff, although I don't know, maybe Sakurai will have 6 slots for Pokemon (and possibly 6 for Mario too), and add someone like Mewtwo.

Aguki90 said:
I dont think paletina is gonna be in the graveyard... not yet...
I think Palutena is going to be in. I don't know...based on Pit's final smash changing, the Palutena's Temple stage, and the trophy only being Pseudo-Palutena, I think she really has a shot. Plus, there is that leak still that could possibly be legit. She definitely doesn't belong in the graveyard unless Sakurai confirms her as an AT later on.

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Find Mii using a specific crown logo rather than a more generic Mii logo gives me newfound hope that the Mii may end up in here after all.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I think that 5th spot will probably be Jigglypuff, although I don't know, maybe Sakurai will have 6 slots for Pokemon (and possibly 6 for Mario too), and add someone like Mewtwo.
I see Jigglypuff and Mewtwo fighting it out, until Jigglypuff gets announced. I just don't Jigglypuff being cut now, since it has been in every Smash game since the first.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I see Jigglypuff and Mewtwo fighting it out, until Jigglypuff gets announced. I just don't Jigglypuff being cut now, since it has been in every Smash game since the first.
I don't see Jigglypuff being cut either, nor any of the Smash 64 characters.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I don't see Jigglypuff being cut either, nor any of the Smash 64 characters.
I would prefer to see both Mewtwo and Jigglypuff in, but I see a six roster limit for Pokemon to be very unlikely.

Last edited:

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Find Mii using a specific crown logo rather than a more generic Mii logo gives me newfound hope that the Mii may end up in here after all.
Actually, I'd take that more as a deconfirmation. Most ( I think all, actually) characters have "home stages" with their logo on it. The fact that the Find Mii stage doesn't have one that really fits Miis more likely means that Miis won't be playable than that they will. Unless the logo is a placeholder, or Mii's get a new stage to themselves.

EDIT: Nevermind, just realized that you meant Mii's will end up in the graveyard lol.

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Actually, I'd take that more as a deconfirmation. Most ( I think all, actually) characters have "home stages" with their logo on it. The fact that the Find Mii stage doesn't have one that really fits Miis more likely means that Miis won't be playable than that they will. Unless the logo is a placeholder, or Mii's get a new stage to themselves.

EDIT: Nevermind, just realized that you meant Mii's will end up in the graveyard lol.
I'm hoping that it's a deconfirmation, but we won't know until we have confirmation that Miis are not playable. Sakurai could easily be obfuscating the truth to avoid giving away a reveal.

Miis as the new wireframes/fighting polygons would be the best way to implement them, so I hope he takes that approach.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Animal Crossing had a logo in Brawl, but no playable character. I don't think it means anything.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Animal Crossing had a logo in Brawl, but no playable character. I don't think it means anything.
Animal Crossing isn't really relevant here since IIRC the logo was a good representation for the overall series. Find Mii would certainly be a "Mii franchise" stage, yet it doesn't have a generic Mii logo, it has a logo specific to Find Mii.

I'm not arguing that Mii is deconfirmed or anything. Just hopeful.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Here to pay my respects to Meowth and Goroh. Fare thee well #2 and #3 most wanted newcomers. You can rest easy with #1, Toad finally.

If you like APC99 I'd be happy to do Meowth and Goroh's obituaries. Unless Arcadenik wants to take Meowth, but I'll do Goroh regardless.

Balloon Fight also has it's own logo...but Sin and Punishment didn't. Hmm.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm going to stick out a limb and say we shouldn't count out Squirtle and Ivysaur just yet. Pokémon Trainer is gone, they can still appear separately like Project M.
About that, has Sakurai ever stated that Sheik and Zero Suit Samus are getting their own slots in the roster or that their just that, no longer a transformation? If they still share a slot with Zelda and Samus and can be toggled between the two like you could in the Brawl roster with Zelda/Sheik and the Pokemon Trainer. Then I wouldn't really rule out Squirtle and Ivysaur just yet... Guess we will have to wait and see about that....

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
If it helps anyone, Sakurai has responded to my post on Miiverse (my name is Cellr En), saying that 45 is too small for the roster size. If anybody can find it I will, but you guys are free to look if you want.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
If it helps anyone, Sakurai has responded to my post on Miiverse (my name is Cellr En), saying that 45 is too small for the roster size. If anybody can find it I will, but you guys are free to look if you want.
Are you serious?

I somehow doubt Sakurai personally replies on Miiverse. I'm guessing impersonator.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Could I do the obituary for Tiki later?
Indeed.

Here to pay my respects to Meowth and Goroh. Fare thee well #2 and #3 most wanted newcomers. You can rest easy with #1, Toad finally.

If you like APC99 I'd be happy to do Meowth and Goroh's obituaries. Unless Arcadenik wants to take Meowth, but I'll do Goroh regardless.

You can do Goroh for sure.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So according some hypotheses in the Pac Man-thread, it might be that S-Flag could be the Namco-equivalent of the Assist Trophies.

Might mean potential deconfirms from Namco-side, but eh, I dig the idea.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So according some hypotheses in the Pac Man-thread, it might be that S-Flag could be the Namco-equivalent of the Assist Trophies.

Might mean potential deconfirms from Namco-side, but eh, I dig the idea.
Oh yea then can you explain the galaga ships in other picture confirming those as a assist trophy

Sounds like sakurai changed his mind on not giving namco any benefits

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Was there a Sin and Punishment stage? Stages do tend to have their own logos if they have a series of origin apart from Smash, regardless of character representation.

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
It was pretty explicit in the Direct there would be no transforming characters. Only single movesets.
Yeah, I realised after I'd turned my computer off.

Alright, here's the deal:

I'm putting in anybody who has been specifically identified as a disconfirmation (so no, I'm not including vague appearances like Ridley and Mii, or characters like Mewtwo, Ivysaur or Squirtle). This includes:

1. Chain Chomp
  2. Color TV-Game 15 (which had a support thread, strangely enough)
  3. Dark Samus
  4. Devil
  5. Dr. Wright
  6. Elec Man (Would've preferred Proto Man, but whatever)
  7. Knuckle Joe
  8. Lyn
  9. Midna
  10. Saki Amamiya
  11. Samurai Goroh
  12. Darkrai
  13. Arceus
  14. Meowth
  15. Electrode
  16. Eevee
  17. Bellossom
  18. Staryu
  19. Metagross
  20. Snorlax
  21. Fennekin
  22. Meleotta
  23. Gogoat
  24. Entei
  25. Deoxys
  26. Kyurem
  27. Victini
  28. Keldeo
  29. Goldeen
  30. Pseudo-Palutena
  31. Tiki
  32. Fi
  33. The worm dude from Metroid
  34. Goomba
  35. Hammer Bro.
  36. Kritter
  37. TAC
  38. Bulborb
  39. Bullet Bill
  40. Chandelure
  41. Fire Chomp (probably included under Chain Chomp)
  42. Gordo
  43. Lakitu
  44. Magikoopa/ Kamek
  45. Met (Mega Man)
  46. Mimiecutie
  47. Mite (SSE)
  48. Monoeye
  49. Parasol Waddle Dee
  50. Plasma Wisp
  51. Polar Bear (Ice Climbers)
  52. Poppant (SSE)
  53. The Reaper
  54. Roturret (SSE)
  55. Shotzo (Kirby)
  56. Skuttler
  57. Stalfos
  58. Tiki Buzz
  59. Lip (Lip's Stick has been revealed)
  60. Mr. Saturn

So... 60 disconfirmations...

We're gonna need a bigger graveyard. Here's what I'm going to do:

If you are interested in writing an obituary for a character, contact me, as there's no way I can do it all on my own. All you have to do is get my OK on it (this post will be edited by me to put down who's writing who). So, I recommend sending me a PM as soon as possible, as it's first-come first serve.
Lip's not 100% deconfirmed. (I hope)

Last edited by a moderator:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Was there a Sin and Punishment stage? Stages do tend to have their own logos if they have a series of origin apart from Smash, regardless of character representation.
Looks like the answer is no to that one as Sin and Punishment's Saki AT only got the Smash logo. That's all the rep the series seems to be getting.

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
Can we considered enemies in Smash Run as deconfirmed? If so Kamek is unfortunately another victim of this mass slaughter of character hopes and dreams.
Nope. That was a magikoopa, not specifically Kamek.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Any way I can do a post-obituary for Viridi and maybe one for Pseudo Palutena?

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
Wow...... unbelievable!!!! So many deconfirmations in one day. So many people must be bleeding from their butts right now. :teeth:

Let's see... the big ones.... Saki Amamiya, Lyn, Midna, Dark Samus, Meowth (I will always love you), Eevee, Deoxys, Victini, Mii (please let it mean that the Wandering Heroes are in :awesome:), Tom Nook (sorry BluePikmin :crazy:), and especially Ridley... we might need to lease that Ridley Memorial now. :troll:

Honorable mentions go to Devil, Knuckle Joe, Dr. Wright, Elec Man and all the other Pokemon that I don't want to list.
Why doesn't anyone include Samurai Goroh as a big one?

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Hoo boy Hades sure has a large dragon appetite. Dark Emperor, Tiki, and Ridley. Is Nowi next?

SpeedBoost

Smash Journeyman
Squritle and Ivysuar and NOT returning. Sakurai said that there would be no more transformations, Pokemon Trainer is all about transformation (Switching pokemon) and since we got Charizard revealed I 100% doubt we will see squirtle and ivy again, sorry. And I dont think pokemon is gonna have 6-8 reps that would be ****ing crazy they will get 5 at most (Along with Mario and zelda), last being Mewtwo or Jigglypuff. Thats my 2 cents, but pretty much fact at this point.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Looks like the answer is no to that one as Sin and Punishment's Saki AT only got the Smash logo. That's all the rep the series seems to be getting.
Does Sin and Punishment even need all that much representation? I've never even heard of it outside of Brawl.
Hoo boy Hades sure has a large dragon appetite. Dark Emperor, Tiki, and Ridley. Is Nowi next?
I refuse to accept that Ridley is out just yet. That video was too trolly.

BUnit

Smash Apprentice
Couple more pokemon in the trailer that flash by - Chespin, Snivy, Oshawott
upload_2014-4-9_14-26-50.png

Swirlix 0:17
Gardevoir 0:18
Giratina 0:18
Kyogre 0:18
Latias 0:18
Zoroark 0:18
Mew 0:19
Suicune 0:19
Latios 0:19
Spewpa 0:19
Inkay 0:19

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Can anyone give an exact point where the Polar Bear was deconfirmed? This is rather important. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom