• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I remember seeing some of the character in the montages,

Rip Meowth, Eevee, Victini, Midna, Ridley, Goroh, Mii, Saki, Tom Nook, Deoxys, Lyn, Sandbag and Dark Samus.

For Final Smashs: RIP Chef Kirby, Palutena's Army, Negative Zone and Aura Blast.

I'm going to update when I see a character not being playable.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Looks like Hades was soul harvesting! Sakurai just disconfirmed more than 10 characters!
The BIGGEST one being Ridley... the Internet shall have no survivors...

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
I'm not too fussed about Ridley either way, but his appearance in the Direct felt like a bluff.
I'm now more inclined to think he's playable.

Also, Zero-Suit Samus is disconfirmed, lel.

Last edited:

QJD1381

Smash Apprentice
I'm not too fussed about Ridley either way, but his appearance in the Direct felt like a bluff.
Come on now, honestly? Does Sakurai have to hold up a gigantic sign saying " Ridley is not playable" and scream it at the top of his lungs?

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15

I would love to see it be a double bluff, but I am not getting my hopes up.
Both him and Pokemon Trainer. Bad day for me.
Greninja makes it better.

We are going to need a BIG grave, ha....

Last edited:

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
From way back to all you haters who denied me.......I told ya Sheik was still playable

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Sorry I can't conclude ridley is dead yet because that was the one and only shown thing and plus if he was a hazard woulden't there be another piece of footage of him

(I can't say he's dead until there's spots with him in it and no newcomer box besides 2 months till the next one and that's E3)

And I'm super super scared mewtwo could be added here greninja may have just kicked 70% of mewtwos chances.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Come on now, honestly? Does Sakurai have to hold up a gigantic sign saying " Ridley is not playable" and scream it at the top of his lungs?
He could at least stop rubbing salt on the wound and show him already.

Last edited:

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Yes.

He actually just did that with ZSS, and she was still playable. I still don't think Ridley has had a real disconfirmation.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
They fell like flies today... One deconfirmation after the other...

It was a massacre... :sadeyes:

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
No. He needs to be on top of Wal Mart, THEN he can sream and tell us.

Reoyoshi8

Smash Apprentice
That ZSS reveal, made my heart skip a beat.
Sometimes Sakurai plays around too much...
Only possible Metroid character that didn't get to the grave was Sylux, and idk about him.

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
He lies Tom Nook. He died what he loves doing. Building houses and collecting debts.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I don't see how Mewtwo is deconfirmed from this.

Certainly Zoroark is, but until I see Mewtwo from a Poke Ball or trophy, he's not DCed.

Other casualties include Goroh, Nook, and I'm not even going to touch that Space Dragon.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
The first pic of the Find Mii stage we saw had no Mii in the cage, and the one we saw today does. Mii is not deconfirmed. And don't count Ridley out yet. That was all too weird for my liking.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
The fact that Find Mii uses a crown as it's logo is a little disheartening to me, however. Why a crown instead of the Mii logo?

Last edited:

The Max is Back

Smash Cadet
When was Samurai Goroh deconfirmed? I don't remember seeing him in the assist trophy montage, although I missed the first few minutes of the direct.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I still have hope for Ridley and Mii.

*sniff*

In reality, we've now got, what, over 20 disconfirmations? Is the Direct uploaded to YouTube yet?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
When was Samurai Goroh deconfirmed? I don't remember seeing him in the assist trophy montage, although I missed the first few minutes of the direct.
When Sakurai was explaining the 60fps on the 3DS thing, he mentioned that Pokeball Pokemon and ATs would run at 30fps. When he was going over that, several Pokemon and ATs were shown, including Goroh.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
So if this thread is considered a "graveyard" with disconfirmations being "deaths", what was this direct? A firing line? The French revolution? A natural disaster? The black plague? A mass extinction event?

iam8bit

Smash Ace
So if this thread is considered a "graveyard" with disconfirmations being "deaths", what was this direct? A firing line? The French revolution? A natural disaster? The black plague? A mass extinction event?
The Wrath of Sakurai.

Last edited:

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Add ridley to the graveyard, he is a stage hazard. I was kinda hoping though he wouldn't be a character, I'd much more prefer Dark Samus - but Dark Samus is confirmed as an assist trophy. I can't say much now.

Thing is, ridley's shadow was shown during the section where stage hazards, or "bosses" were showcased.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it's time to write Mewtwo's obituary just yet.

Consider what we've learned.

1) No completely different character transformations for characters (i.e. No Zelda/Sheik, no ZSS after Samus FS). This deconfirms Pokémon Trainer by association.

2) Look at Brawl's Pokémon contingent:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Charizard

Smash 4's Pokémon:

Pikachu - Confirmed
Jigglypuff - She's a 'Perfect Attendance Club' member, so she'll be back. Count on it
Lucario - Confirmed
Greninja - Squirtle's replacement?
Charizard - Confirmed, Independent

Notice how it's 5 of 6? Pokémon Trainer is gone, but he was just a placeholder for his three Pokémon. I wouldn't put it past Sakurai (whose troll level is only surpassed by Yoshinori Ono's) to sit on Mewtwo until much later as a special shock to generate hype just before the 3DS launch.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
...Don't kill me for this, but until we see Ridley as a stage hazard for sure, I don't want to put him in yet.

Or Mii, for that matter. They don't have enough evidence behind them yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom