• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Yes, yes, ****ing yes. Dinosaurs was a great show.

Anyone who though Tortimer had a chance should be dragged out into the street and shot - he's retired for a reason. He's ANCIENT, He's UGLY, I don't know which is worse! I might just split a seem now if i don't die laughin' first!

Heihachi Mishima from Tekken is the only old dude who still fights.
Nice one with the Oogie Boogie song line. Honetsly, I wouldn't pcik him either.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
With the exception of Nintendog, all the characters with graves in that picture hould get a star to signify the notability of their disconfirmation. I mean, the likes of Waluigi, Toad and Ashley being disconfirmed is a different scenario from the likes of Torimer and Lubba, considering that the likes of the former three were characters that either had notable support, chance or both.

D

Deleted member

Can we add Fat Little Mac?
Don't you mean BIG Mac? :troll:

In any case, it's not worth it. No one was pulling for Big Mac and it's not like anything was disconfirmed. If anything, it just helped characters like Takamaru, Lip, and Captain Rainbow. Maybe an honorable mention?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Don't you mean BIG Mac? :troll:

In any case, it's not worth it. No one was pulling for Big Mac and it's not like anything was disconfirmed. If anything, it just helped characters like Takamaru, Lip, and Captain Rainbow. Maybe an honorable mention?
Look at the OP.

No more honorable mentions.

D

Deleted member

Look at the OP.

No more honorable mentions.
Oh… whoops. My bad.

Still though, I don't think it's worth it. I guess he could be added in the graveyard, but it's still Little Mac. I mean it's not as bad as let's say Dr. Mario, a veteran, getting disconfirmed. I guess that will be up to APC.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh… whoops. My bad.

Still though, I don't think it's worth it. I guess he could be added in the graveyard, but it's still Little Mac. I mean it's not as bad as let's say Dr. Mario, a veteran, getting disconfirmed. I guess that will be up to APC.
We have Conductor Link up there. Why not Fat Little Mac?

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Was Toon Link ever in the graveyard? Like when people thought he was deconfirmed because of his appearance in the spirit tracks stage.
blame wii fit trainer
aaaaaannddd this is my favorite post of the day...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Was Toon Link ever in the graveyard? Like when people thought he was deconfirmed because of his appearance in the spirit tracks stage.
Nah this thread was made sometime after this whole Spirit Train stage debacle happened and he was confirmed to stay so (Wind Waker) Toon Link was never here.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Also, from what I understand, calling him Big Mac is considered to be copyright infringement, as that's the name of a signature burger from a fast food place.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I wouldn't say we can count Clemont out until we know for sure how Luminose City functions as a stage and what parts of the city or prism Tower will appear. It would be pretty cool for a Gym Leader to make a background cameo though.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I wouldn't say we can count Clemont out until we know for sure how Luminose City functions as a stage and what parts of the city or prism Tower will appear. It would be pretty cool for a Gym Leader to make a background cameo though.
I'm confused, Clemont appears in the Luminose City stage?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Saria still doesn't have a description....

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Saria still doesn't have a description....
Yeah, I'm still working on it, 6-week grades are due now, plus my musical practices, so I haven't got around to finishing descriptions for some characters, or adding Leila. It's being worked on right now.

andimidna

Smash Master
That's a lot of deleted comments on the Miiverse. I really feel sorry for Sakurai for having to deal with a lot of obnoxious trolls and idiots, while having injured hands to top it off. :( I really hope he'll be okay.
On what post are there deleted comments?

Also... is Saria really deconfirmed?

She'll never be playable no matter what, but still, is she?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
On what post are there deleted comments?

Also... is Saria really deconfirmed?

She'll never be playable no matter what, but still, is she?
Yep. She was first shown as a Trophy on the 3DS version.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But don't playable characters have trophies too?
She was revealed as a trophy first. Sakurai explicitly stated that if the character didn't get a page on the website when shown, they're not playable. Therefore, due to her first appearing as a random trophy, it can be concluded that she's deconfirmed.

andimidna

Smash Master
She was revealed as a trophy first. Sakurai explicitly stated that if the character didn't get a page on the website when shown, they're not playable. Therefore, due to her first appearing as a random trophy, it can be concluded that she's deconfirmed.
Ok, thanks.

EDIT: from the OP
"with good examples being the highly-requested Mega Man, Villager and Little Mac, and the opposite side being Skull Kid, Ashley and Waluigi. No matter the outcome, it's now fact that it will never be "Waluigi Time" in Smash Bros. for the Wii U/3DS."

I'm pretty sure Rosalina was more requested than Villager, Ashley, and Waluigi.

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Ok, thanks.

EDIT: from the OP
"with good examples being the highly-requested Mega Man, Villager and Little Mac, and the opposite side being Skull Kid, Ashley and Waluigi. No matter the outcome, it's now fact that it will never be "Waluigi Time" in Smash Bros. for the Wii U/3DS."

I'm pretty sure Rosalina was more requested than Villager, Ashley, and Waluigi.
Villager was highly requested in Japan, if I have my facts right. Ashley and Waluigi's fanbases have been around much longer than Rosalina's, and have seniority. They're just examples, though.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Villager was highly requested in Japan, if I have my facts right. Ashley and Waluigi's fanbases have been around much longer than Rosalina's, and have seniority. They're just examples, though.
Villager was a pretty popular desired character in the US, too. I remember people would refer to him as "Animal Crosser". I still do on accident. Sometimes I think that popularity has less to do with consideration for Smash rather than relevancy in the character's respective games (or movies, which I believe is why Pichu was in Melee). Joke characters and retro revivals excluded.

andimidna

Smash Master
Villager was a pretty popular desired character in the US, too. I remember people would refer to him as "Animal Crosser". I still do on accident. Sometimes I think that popularity has less to do with consideration for Smash rather than relevancy in the character's respective games (or movies, which I believe is why Pichu was in Melee). Joke characters and retro revivals excluded.
Yup. I remember when I put Animal Crosser on my hand-drawn rosters...
Rosalina, Little Mac, and Megaman were on ALL of my rosters.
I even once had Rosalina's slot called "Rosalina and Lumas"
I was only one 's' away, so close :p

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
And now I'm about to see why we don't have anymore "honorable mentions". I still suggest that only for characters that had a notable support to this game may qualify to the "graveyard" if disconfirmed or relocated to non-playable role.

Speaking of Big Mac BTW, I dunno where to put these but:

So cool. I had to yet ever see someone draw Saki in Ruffian-form in anything ever.

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
More like Snake confirmed not to return:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/14/kojima-open-to-snake-returning-in-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u

Some may dispute, but consider the following:

1. Kojima personally is involved with all things Metal Gear. He is privy to all licensing agreements involving Snake.
2. If an agreement had already been made for Snake being in smash 4, Kojima's statements here would be not just misleading but outright lying. He wouldn't outright lie when he could just give "no comment".
3. The game is late in development, and it's way too late to add a character. If Snake isn't already in, he isn't going to be added in at this point. I'm not entirely sure Kojima understands this point (he also apparently tried to get Snake into Melee at the 11th hour), but I think we can all agree on this point regardless.

Put together, I'd say it's thoroughly conclusive that Snake isn't coming back. Someone who definitely would know directly confirmed it. Snake should be added to the list in this topic.

Snake's return was a long shot in the first place looking back, but he was a very well liked character either way so it's a shame to see him go. This also marks the first formerly playable character confirmed not to return, hopefully the start of a very short list.

D

Deleted member

I say that we wait until something happens before jumping the gun and say that Snake is cut.
I don't think that we can outright say that Snake is done just yet. I remember a ton of people say that Ness was cut after the "there was once a boy named Ness" quote on Lucas's Specials posts during Brawl.

I'm not saying that I think Snake will return (I rather have him not), but he still has a chance, albeit a small one.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I say that we wait until something happens before jumping the gun and say that Snake is cut.
I don't think that we can outright say that Snake is done just yet. I remember a ton of people say that Ness was cut after the "there was once a boy named Ness" quote on Lucas's Specials posts during Brawl.

I'm not saying that I think Snake will return (I rather have him not), but he still has a chance, albeit a small one.
I mean, those people were being silly since that post actually implied Ness's return and people just couldn't read.

This is different though. Kojima isn't implying that Snake isn't back. He outright explicitly confirmed Snake is, as of today, not in smash 4. There's no ambiguous language here; he was very clear on this point. Unless you believe a character might still be added now before the game comes out, which I think is quite a radical thing, it's a confirmation Snake isn't back assuming we can trust Kojima to know about Snake which is also just a given.

D

Deleted member

I mean, those people were being silly since that post actually implied Ness's return and people just couldn't read.

This is different though. Kojima isn't implying that Snake isn't back. He outright explicitly confirmed Snake is, as of today, not in smash 4. There's no ambiguous language here; he was very clear on this point. Unless you believe a character might still be added now before the game comes out, which I think is quite a radical thing, it's a confirmation Snake isn't back assuming we can trust Kojima to know about Snake which is also just a given.
One could say that Kojima is covering up his act so that people can have hope that Snake will return, thus making his return more triumphant. If we were to assume that Kojima is staying true to his word and Snake isn't in the game, then the payoff isn't worth it in my eyes; you got one popular veteran back, but at the possible cost of other popular veterans getting cut and other newcomers not making it in the final product.
Hype can be a rather dangerous game in this field… I guess we will have to wait and see either in April or at E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom