• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Geno Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I honestly thought that the Pikmin & Olimar case helped Geno because I thought Geno & Mallow would only take one character slot. I was figuring they could have some crazy way of tagging out or something and you could choose which one to start as on the character select screen. It could've worked.

Meh... He's not in so it doesn't matter anymore.

The-Judge

Banned via Administration
I honestly thought that the Pikmin & Olimar case helped Geno because I thought Geno & Mallow would only take one character slot. I was figuring they could have some crazy way of tagging out or something and you could choose which one to start as on the character select screen. It could've worked.

Meh... He's not in so it doesn't matter anymore.
Yeah, we need more team-up characters. Like Midna & Wolf Link. We already know they could work together.

Midna can make Wolf Link jump very high for a third jump, as we already know she can.
Midna can teleport them.
They could fight using Midnas hand on her head for Smash attacks and Wolf Links bites and tail for normal attacks, like in TP.
And their final smash could be Wolf Links ultimate attack. Midna creates a big, dark ring around them and Wolf Link flies around attacking everyone inside the ring at insane speed.

I really wanted that character:)

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Lol they still think his little appearance in Mario & Luigi counts for anything.

He isn't important, other characters have priority over him, in the Mario reps section, Bowser Jr. and Waluigi will be playable before Geno.

We have enough Mario reps anyway.

In other areas K. Rool, Isaac (Only if/when a GS3 on the Wii is confirmed), and Krystal all have spots over him.

He is popular, yes, but so is 300, OMG SPARTANS FOR BRAWL!!!!

Omhatoen

Smash Apprentice
Maybe, but you believed the game would have more than one new Mario character?
It already got:
-Mario
-Luigi
-Bowser
-Peach
-Yoshi
One more character would just be aceptable. And who should it be?

Wario with his own series of games, long history of Mario appearances and weird persona?
Or Geno, who appeared as a character in a oneshot RPG, great or not.

He never stood a realistic chance.
You don't know that, so don't say something like that. Sakurai favors kirby, that's why he put in King Dedede and Meta Knight (which is a good thing), and that's why he took out the Doc from Melee (bad thing, he's my main). Geno was never compared or contrasted to the other smash characters; that's not how they get in. Stop being biased.

Omhatoen

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, we need more team-up characters. Like Midna & Wolf Link. We already know they could work together.

Midna can make Wolf Link jump very high for a third jump, as we already know she can.
Midna can teleport them.
They could fight using Midnas hand on her head for Smash attacks and Wolf Links bites and tail for normal attacks, like in TP.
And their final smash could be Wolf Links ultimate attack. Midna creates a big, dark ring around them and Wolf Link flies around attacking everyone inside the ring at insane speed.

I really wanted that character:)
Brawl is already done, so there is no need to be making character choices or hopes that some character to make it in the American version of the game that they didn't make it in the Japanese version of the game. Face it; it's hopeless. But, you did make a nice moveset for Midna/Wolf Link, though. Good job on that one. Better than what I could do.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
For the record, before I get called biased, I love Geno, but he didn't stand a chance...stop being a silly fanboy? (To whoever is like GENO NEEDS TO BE IN BRAWL OMGOMG)

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Waluigi is from a spin-off series of games and has never had a major role ever. Geno will always take priority over him until he AT LEAST leads a series of microgames in WarioWare which he hasn't yet and probably never will.

And honestly, Geno & Mallow combined are a match for Bowser Jr. Still, I would have wanted Bowser Jr. in over zero Mario newcomers but we didn't get jack. You can count Wario but they took the WarioWare root and he has like zero moves from his Wario Land series of games which sucks. But he's still cool. But he's heavilly repping the WarioWare games as opposed to the Mario games. Would you count a WarioWare game as a Mario game? Nope.

Check the game out before you say you would too. I sure as hell wouldn't.

But the point still remains that they're not in. And if you're making this a battle of who right or wrong then I'm just wasting time here because it isn't opinion that he had a good chance, it is FACT that he had a good chance. The journal alone should be proof enough without taking into consideration all the other factors that increased his chances of being in this game in SOME FORM. I'm highly shocked that he isn't in this game in some form but I guess I can understand it. And I'm shocked that not even Bowser Jr. is playable.

But there aren't even any ghosts on Luigi's Mansion stage. That alone should say something.

Edit: And I'm not a fanboy either. I knew Bowser Jr. had a stronger standing than Geno but to deny altogether that Geno had chances is what eggs me. He DID have a chance. Stop denying it.

Omhatoen

Smash Apprentice
I am wellknown, but I was never a troll. I just acted like a fool to get a Encyclopedia Dramatica page:laugh: No one cares about Mallow, true, but he is just as important as Geno.
Why?

And yes, NO ONE cares about Mallow; I prefer Geno over him ANY DAY. And who says that they are just as important as each other?

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Yeah, you're right, no point debating this, the game's done.

Like I said I liked him, but I knew he wasn't going to make it, I didn't see him fitting.

inb4randommovesets ><

Omhatoen

Smash Apprentice
For the record, before I get called biased, I love Geno, but he didn't stand a chance...stop being a silly fanboy? (To whoever is like GENO NEEDS TO BE IN BRAWL OMGOMG)
Are you talking to me? Because, I didn't call you biased, I called The-Judge biased.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
He fits perferctly. It's his status that screwed him over...

I can understand Ridley since he has awkward hitboxes so it's hard to program him in (still, they could have but they took the lazy root and decided not to include him so they "made up" for it by giving him two boss fights).

I still don't understand why they didn't include the "Beware the Forest's Mushrooms" soundtrack. They proved before that they could get rights to SMRPG elements for minor purposes so they could have at least gave us the soundtrack (which Sakurai did acknowledge in his journal).

Oh well...

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Are you talking to me? Because, I didn't call you biased, I called The-Judge biased.
That was directed at anyone that would have called me bias, so since you didn't, no not directed at you.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
He fits perferctly. It's his status that screwed him over...

I can understand Ridley since he has awkward hitboxes so it's hard to program him in (still, they could have but they took the lazy root and decided not to include him so they "made up" for it by giving him two boss fights).

I still don't understand why they didn't include the "Beware the Forest's Mushrooms" soundtrack. They proved before that they could get rights to SMRPG elements for minor purposes so they could have at least gave us the soundtrack (which Sakurai did acknowledge in his journal).

Oh well...
I don't think he would have fit well, but we both have opinions. :)

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
WELL IT WONT HAPPEN!

xD

I can admit he was a (pleasant) suprise. :laugh:

The-Judge

Why?

And yes, NO ONE cares about Mallow; I prefer Geno over him ANY DAY. And who says that they are just as important as each other?
I was never a troll, but I liked to anger and annoy people on message boards. I was a attention *****, and wanted a encyclopedia dramatica article to make my name more wellknown. So i joined, acted like a fool and they gave me what i wanted. But i am done with everything that resembles such stuff now.

Geno and Mallow were both secondary characters among the maincast in Mario RPG. Same priority.

The-Judge

The same could be said for Olimar...

Just trying to convert you. =)
Another thing is: Paper Mario got so many maincharacs just as important as Geno. Why should he be considered above them? And as Geno counts as a third party character, he would sure as hell not match Megaman or Pacman.

If a extra Mario character was added, it would most likely be more wellknown characters like Waluigi, Bowser Jr or Toad instead of the random character Geno who happens to have a big fanbase.

Olimar:
-Got his own game.
-Is from Nintendo.
-Had a working moveset.

Why didnt he fit in?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Close this thread, it's too depressing for Geno lovers
Not really because the one saving grace about Geno not being playable is that a buttload of other deserving characters like Krystal, Isaac, and Megaman didn't become playable either. It's funny though because a lot of people had a sig with Geno in it that said "if I'm not in, then no one else" and that's essentially what happened. :laugh:

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
He didn't fit in because he uses pikmin. That was the point. Not why he got in, why he doesn't fit.

Paper Mario charcters DON'T take priority over Geno. Saying so is just foolish. Paper Mario himself DOES take priority. Toad and Waluigi DON'T take priority.

Paper Mario and Bowser Jr. are the only ones that took priority. If you want reasons, I'll give them. Not really in the mood to at the moment though. But I'll give them to you if you insist.

Pit 42

Smash Lord
He didn't fit in because he uses pikmin. That was the point. Not why he got in, why he doesn't fit.

Paper Mario charcters DON'T take priority over Geno. Saying so is just foolish. Paper Mario himself DOES take priority. Toad and Waluigi DON'T take priority.

Paper Mario and Bowser Jr. are the only ones that took priority. If you want reasons, I'll give them. Not really in the mood to at the moment though. But I'll give them to you if you insist.
Kenny has returned! Alleluiah! Alleluiah!

The-Judge

Toad has a long history of working together with Mario and Luigi and is one of the most wellknown characters in history of gaming, having appeared in most Mario Games. He was a likely candidat.

Waluigi would fit in for the simple reason that both Mario, Luigi and Wario are in. And that he is a mainstream Mario character, being in most sporttitles and so on.

Bowser Jr. takes priority as Mario was Sunshine themed, having Fludd and a Delphino Island stage. Also, Bowser Jr. would just fit perfectly in.

Paper Mario had more priority than any of the secondary RPG characters, but Mario is already there, so no.

Geno, Mallow, Flurry, Koops, Goombario, Mowz and the circa 20 other Mario RPG characters had no more priority over each other. But Geno and Mallow had LESS priority than them. Why? There would be max 3 third party characters, and Geno had nothing on Megaman, Pacman and so on. Even DAISY had more priority than Geno, as she is a mainstream Mario charac.

Even before Olimar was added to the game, people had reasonable movesets for him. Before he was announed, me and loads of other people thought he would have the moves he has now and found it reasonable.

TheMuffinMan0311

Smash Apprentice
Geno represents Squaresoft and Nintendo's past and the great things they did together in the NES and SNES generations, and Super Mario RPG is a culmination of this. Super Mario RPG was a milestone game in Nintendo's history and it deserved representation, and who was the guy to represent it? Practically the main characters of the game next to Mario: Mallow or Geno.

Super Mario RPG was majorly about the Star Road's significance, and the defender of the Star Road was Geno, so Super Mario RPG was majorly about Mario -and- Geno's quest, and I know that the final scene of Geno returning to the Star Road leaving the doll lifeless was a significant part for people who loved the game.

Squaresoft and Nintendo together was a huge thing for Nintendo fans, so something special like Super Mario RPG is a big thing in the heart of Nintendo fans, and Geno or Mallow being in Brawl would have been something that represents their partnership and the awesome things they did for gaming in the 80's and 90's.

On the 3rd Party front, Squaresoft in general deserved to be represented in Brawl, and though it could have been a Final Fantasy character, Super Mario RPG is something that Squaresoft and Nintendo did together as partners, so having the character from Square and Nintendo's collaboration makes it that much better.

So the logic isn't necessarily all about Geno, but as a whole Super Mario RPG's deserving of representation in Brawl as part of Nintendo's past, so the choice would be between Geno and Mallow. The main reason the choice was mostly for Geno is jsimply because Geno was high on both the Sakurai poll and in the number of times Sakurai's mentioned him in his journal.

and Geno had nothing on Megaman, Pacman and so on.
Well, on Sakurai's poll and journal mentions:

1. King Dedede(5)
2. Diddy Kong(4)
3. Geno(4)
4. Ike(4)
5. Ridley(4)
6. Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3)
7. Krystal(3)
8. Takamaru(3)
9. Windwaker Link(3)
10. Lucas(2)
11. Animal Crossing MC(2)
12. Claus(2)
13. Demiru(2)
14. Isaac(2)
15. Jeff(2)
16. Kawasima(2)
17. King K.Rool(2)
18. Lip(2)
19. Mega Man(2)
20. Oguma(2)

Geno was presumably one of the top most request characters for Brawl, the characters topping the list like DeDeDe, Ike, Diddy Kong, Olimar, etc. all were finding themselves on the roster, and characters like Geno, Krystal, and Ridley were among them as hopefuls for the roster as well. Pacman wasn't even a contender.

The-Judge

Geno represents Squaresoft and Nintendo's past and the great things they did together in the NES and SNES generations, and Super Mario RPG is a culmination of this. Super Mario RPG was a milestone game in Nintendo's history and it deserved representation, and who was the guy to represent it? Practically the main characters of the game next to Mario: Mallow or Geno.

Super Mario RPG was majorly about the Star Road's significance, and the defender of the Star Road was Geno, so Super Mario RPG was majorly about Mario -and- Geno's quest, and I know that the final scene of Geno returning to the Star Road leaving the doll lifeless was a significant part for people who loved the game.

Squaresoft and Nintendo together was a huge thing for Nintendo fans, so something special like Super Mario RPG is a big thing in the heart of Nintendo fans, and Geno or Mallow being in Brawl would have been something that represents their partnership and the awesome things they did for gaming in the 80's and 90's.

On the 3rd Party front, Squaresoft in general deserved to be represented in Brawl, and though it could have been a Final Fantasy character, Super Mario RPG is something that Squaresoft and Nintendo did together as partners, so having the character from Square and Nintendo's collaboration makes it that much better.

So the logic isn't necessarily all about Geno, but as a whole Super Mario RPG's deserving of representation in Brawl as part of Nintendo's past, so the choice would be between Geno and Mallow. The main reason the choice was mostly for Geno is jsimply because Geno was high on both the Sakurai poll and in the number of times Sakurai's mentioned him in his journal.

Let's see here, Sakurai's poll and journal mentions:

1. King Dedede(5)
2. Diddy Kong(4)
3. Geno(4)
4. Ike(4)
5. Ridley(4)
6. Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3)
7. Krystal(3)
8. Takamaru(3)
9. Windwaker Link(3)
10. Lucas(2)
11. Animal Crossing MC(2)
12. Claus(2)
13. Demiru(2)
14. Isaac(2)
15. Jeff(2)
16. Kawasima(2)
17. King K.Rool(2)
18. Lip(2)
19. Mega Man(2)
20. Oguma(2)

Pacman wasn't even a contender.
Finally, someone dont flames or speaks of fanboyism.
From that perspective, I could see Geno in Smash bros.
But he is still third party, and there are characters like Megaman around.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Toad has a long history of working together with Mario and Luigi and is one of the most wellknown characters in history of gaming, having appeared in most Mario Games. He was a likely candidat.

Waluigi would fit in for the simple reason that both Mario, Luigi and Wario are in. And that he is a mainstream Mario character, being in most sporttitles and so on.

Bowser Jr. takes priority as Mario was Sunshine themed, having Fludd and a Delphino Island stage. Also, Bowser Jr. would just fit perfectly in.

Paper Mario had more priority than any of the secondary RPG characters, but Mario is already there, so no.

Geno, Mallow, Flurry, Koops, Goombario, Mowz and the circa 20 other Mario RPG characters had no more priority over each other. But Geno and Mallow had LESS priority than them. Why? There would be max 3 third party characters, and Geno had nothing on Megaman, Pacman and so on. Even DAISY had more priority than Geno, as she is a mainstream Mario charac.

Even before Olimar was added to the game, people had reasonable movesets for him. Before he was announed, me and loads of other people thought he would have the moves he has now and found it reasonable.
Toad - He's in already. Use Peach's standard special move. ;)

Waluigi - Waluigi is only associated with Wario through the Mario spin-off titles. In WarioWare, Waluigi is NOWHERE to be found. A freaking arwing made it into WarioWare before Waluigi did. So no, that's not a good reason.

I agree that Paper Mario and Bowser Jr. take priority but the reasons you gave could have been several times better. And I hope you're not disappointed in Toon Link and Zero Suit Samus.

Mario's partners in the Paper Mario games were minor characters. They were merely there to assist Mario and that's it. Geno was a major character. Now, Mario's partners and Geno both have backgrounds and both fight alongside Mario but if you've played Mario RPG then you know that it was more like a team effort rather than switching out partners at random.

Bowser and Toadstool are both major characters and they aren't consider mere supporting characters. Geno and Mallow had just as much importance in that game as either of them. It's hard to really explain it but there is no way that Mario's partners in Paper Mario took priority over Geno. None of them impacted the overall story. Geno's background did.

Mallow & Geno as a tagteam are more than a match for any star character. Two major characters can compete with one star character. I can see Megaman getting in over him but not any other third parties. And Geno & Mallow appeared in a game alongside Mario so they're more Nintendo than Megaman is.

Daisy is only cannon through a minor role in Super Mario Land. And her role was severely minor in comparison to Geno's role. She's heavilly more important in spin-off titles. And if you're going to start drawing from spin-offs than that would mean Waluigi and Daisy would have to compete for a spot on the roster since they're both equal in terms of significance (which is slim to none).

Edit: I'm not speaking from fanboy-ism either. Take a minute and read what I'm saying before blowing off as fanboy-ism.

TheMuffinMan0311

Smash Apprentice
But he is still third party, and there are characters like Megaman around.
Well yes, for the final 3rd Party character slot it appeared to be between Megaman and Geno, however in October when an interview with Megaman's creator surfaced, he stated that Nintendo never contacted him for Megaman to be in Brawl, so as far as he know Megaman would not be present in the game. So from that point on, if there was a final 3rd Party character, things were looking positive for Geno's chances, especially considering his presence in the Poll and the high number of times Sakurai mentioned Geno in his journals

The-Judge

Toad - He's in already. Use Peach's standard special move. ;)

Waluigi - Waluigi is only associated with Wario through the Mario spin-off titles. In WarioWare, Waluigi is NOWHERE to be found. A freaking arwing made it into WarioWare before Waluigi did. So no, that's not a good reason.

I agree that Paper Mario and Bowser Jr. take priority but the reasons you gave could have been several times better. And I hope you're not disappointed in Toon Link and Zero Suit Samus.

Mario's partners in the Paper Mario games were minor characters. They were merely there to assist Mario and that's it. Geno was a major character. Now, Mario's partners and Geno both have backgrounds and both fight alongside Mario but if you've played Mario RPG then you know that it was more like a team effort rather than switching out partners at random.

Bowser and Toadstool are both major characters and they aren't consider mere supporting characters. Geno and Mallow had just as much importance in that game as either of them. It's hard to really explain it but there is no way that Mario's partners in Paper Mario took priority over Geno. None of them impacted the overall story. Geno's background did.

Mallow & Geno as a tagteam are more than a match for any star character. Two major characters can compete with one star character. I can see Megaman getting in over him but not any other third parties. And Geno & Mallow appeared in a game alongside Mario so they're more Nintendo than Megaman is.

Daisy is only cannon through a minor role in Super Mario Land. And her role was severely minor in comparison to Geno's role. She's heavilly more important in spin-off titles. And if you're going to start drawing from spin-offs than that would mean Waluigi and Daisy would have to compete for a spot on the roster since they're both equal in terms of significance (which is slim to none).

Edit: I'm not speaking from fanboy-ism either. Take a minute and read what I'm saying before blowing off as fanboy-ism.
Its cool, and I know your not talking of fanboyism, but the general site is so offensive, and its pretty annoying. I see now that Geno would be a cool third party character, but still not a match for neither Megaman or Pacman. Also, Geno and Mallow as a teamup would be cool, but just waaay too random.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Daisy having more priority over Geno? Comparing a character that has been in nothing but spinoffs since 2000 to a character that was deeply intertwined with the main plot of the game he was in is terrible all into itself. Also, the fact that Daisy has been reduced to an ALT in not one but two installments shows exactly what meagre significance she has. Also, Waluigi's not better off because, unlike Daisy, he hasn't even appeared in one canon game yet and his AT was even based solely on his first appearance, Mario Tennis. The fact that Wario was his own man in Brawl was basically a javelin in the chest to Waluigi because it was a testament that Waluigi was a side character and his relationship with Wario hardly an equivalent to the relationship that the Mario Bros have.

Toad, I agree was a worth canidiate but, once again, he ended up as Peach's B move. The fact that Tingle ended up being an AT shows that even if they do star in their own games, generally minor characters will probably never be playable.

The characteristics that exist with a vast majority of the characters that are playable in Brawl are 1. they are independent and their existance isn't completely determined by a single character (like the case with Waluigi and Bowser Jr) and 2. they have been playable in at least one canon game. Geno falls into both of these categories. Characters like Waluigi, Daisy, Bowser Jr, Birdo, etc do not.

The-Judge

Well yes, for the final 3rd Party character slot it appeared to be between Megaman and Geno, however in October when an interview with Megaman's creator surfaced, he stated that Nintendo never contacted him for Megaman to be in Brawl, so as far as he know Megaman would not be present in the game. So from that point on, if there was a final 3rd Party character, things were looking positive for Geno's chances, especially considering his presence in the Poll and the high number of times Sakurai mentioned Geno in his journals
Even if Megaman was out of game, there still was Pacman. His priority would also by far surpass Geno.

TheMuffinMan0311

Smash Apprentice
Even if Megaman was out of game, there still was Pacman. His priority would also by far surpass Geno.
I don't see how Pacman is part of Nintendo's history, plus the fact that Sakurai never once mentioned Pacman in his journals, nor was Pacman anywhere in the list of 25 or so most requested characters to be in Brawl from Sakurai's poll, whereas Geno was at the top of the list in both of them

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Daisy having more priority over Geno? Comparing a character that has been in nothing but spinoffs since 2000 to a character that was deeply intertwined with the main plot of the game he was in is terrible all into itself. Also, the fact that Daisy has been reduced to an ALT in not one but two installments shows exactly what meagre significance she has. Also, Waluigi's not better off because, unlike Daisy, he hasn't even appeared in one canon game yet and his AT was even based solely on his first appearance, Mario Tennis. The fact that Wario was his own man in Brawl was basically a javelin in the chest to Waluigi because it was a testament that Waluigi was a side character and his relationship with Wario hardly an equivalent to the relationship that the Mario Bros have.

Toad, I agree was a worth canidiate but, once again, he ended up as Peach's B move. The fact that Tingle ended up being an AT shows that even if they do star in their own games, generally minor characters will probably never be playable.

The characteristics that exist with a vast majority of the characters that are playable in Brawl are 1. they are independent and their existance isn't completely determined by a single character (like the case with Waluigi and Bowser Jr) and 2. they have been playable in at least one canon game. Geno falls into both of these categories. Characters like Waluigi, Daisy, Bowser Jr, Birdo, etc do not.
@The Judge: This would be fanboy-ism. Or denial...

Bowser Jr. DOES take priority over Geno. He has been the main antagonist in two games and a major antagonist in one other game. And he was introduced in a cannon game, not a spin-off. He has showed up several times since his appearence as well and is becoming very significant to the series in general. And the relationship between Bowser and Bowser Jr. is heavilly more important than Wario and Waluigi.

Also, Mario still has his Wario outfit so that point wasn't relevant.

The-Judge

Among Mario characters, Bowser Jr. would still stand stronger then Geno, as the Mario characs in the game are mainly Sunshine themed.

And among third party characters, Megaman and Pacman are iconic characters that would always be above Geno. And even if they werent there, other iconic characters like Ryu would take the spot.

The-Judge

I don't see how Pacman is part of Nintendo's history, plus the fact that Sakurai never once mentioned Pacman in his journals, nor was Pacman anywhere in the list of 25 or so most requested characters to be in Brawl from Sakurai's poll, whereas Geno was at the top of the list in both of them
Neither is Snake a part of Nintendos history. But Pacman appeared in Mario Kart arcade and is one of the most recognized videogame characters ever.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Quick question: Why does Geno have to compete with the likes of Megaman and Bomberman? In both the offical Melee and Brawl polls, he was classified as a Mario character despite his legal situation so, if he were added, he'd more then likely be treated as such. As people like myself have been saying for sometime now, Geno's hardly qualified to represent Square Enix's history as a whole. He could serve as a tip to the hat to one of the best third party developers out there but to expect him to be the icon for about 20 years of RPGs consisting mainly of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest games is beyond ridicolous.

The-Judge

Sunshine-themed doesn't mean jack either. :p

Megaman, yes. Pacman and Ryu, no.
It does indeed.

The Zelda characters are now Twilight Princess themed.
The Mario characters are now Sunshine themed.

Its about the latest additions to the canonities.

Street Fighter 2 was a BIG hit on the SNES, more than Mario RPG, and was very iconic in fighting game history.

Pacman has appeared on a Nintendo console and is the most wellknown videogame character in the world, so that should put him above Geno.

TheMuffinMan0311

Smash Apprentice
Neither is Snake a part of Nintendos history. But Pacman appeared in Mario Kart arcade and is one of the most recognized videogame characters ever.
The original Metal Gear games were on the NES. I don't see how Maro Kart Arcade is as significant as the culmination of Squaresoft and Nintendo's partnership in the golden age of RPGs

And you're still ignoring that Pacman was never in the contending to be a character in Brawl, nor was Ryu, neither were present on the list of the most requested characters to be in Brawl, nor were they ever acknowledged by Sakurai in his journal. And in contrast, Geno practically topped the list of most requested Brawl characters, and even had as many Journal mentions from Sakurai as characters like King DeDeDe and Diddy Kong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom