• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Geno Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
Mario needs to gtfo anyways, they have too many representatives.

Same goes for Zelda, but I love Zelda :d

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
@The Judge: This would be fanboy-ism. Or denial...

Bowser Jr. DOES take priority over Geno. He has been the main antagonist in two games and a major antagonist in one other game. And he was introduced in a cannon game, not a spin-off. He has showed up several times since his appearence as well and is becoming very significant to the series in general. And the relationship between Bowser and Bowser Jr. is heavilly more important than Wario and Waluigi.

Also, Mario still has his Wario outfit so that point wasn't relevant.
Says the guy who has Geno both in his sig and his avatar... Bite your tongue.

Also, Bowser Jr was essentially a pawn in the three Mario games he was in and basically going off his father's wishes. If he had been acting completely on his own whims, that would have been a different story but that's clearly not the case. Also, his role in SMG is much smaller then it was in SMSS. You only truely fight him once and even when you do, he's on a floating airship. What you essentially have is a character that's become less and less unique with each installement and will probably be replaced or dropped within a few years for something more contemporary which is why the SMSS theme arguement is terrible. Having those items (like the paintbrush) would have been suitable if he had kept those traits but, like I said, he's been reduced to generic attacks and smaller and smaller roles. It's strange that people try to hold him to such a high status when in reality he's the equivalent of the Koopa Kids (whom he replaced), the Bowser Bros (in the Mario Party games), or Birdo, a mini-boss that serves who-ever the main antagonist is.

Also, my Daisy ALT arguement is relavent because it isn't a mere color change. Peach's earrings, dress pattern, and skin color change as well when you use it.

Geno's important in his own element but I don't pretend he's the most deserving Nintendo character out there. In the reality of things, Paper Mario and Toad are probably the most deserving Mario characters for the next installment. Toad's chances seem laughable right at the moment but if Paper Mario, if he is still around 6-7 years from now, is completely plausible.

TheMuffinMan0311

Smash Apprentice
Geno is not needed in Brawl, i bet by the next time a SSB game comes around most of you will have forgotten him.
Geno hasn't been forgotten by us after 12 years, and he won't be by the time the next SSB rolls around

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Geno was apparently in Brawl but Squeenix pulled out of the deal at the last minute and that's supposedly what the last delay was for - to remove him from the game

This was a rumour

Also Judge, you're very late XD

Maybe Geno will be in Mario Kart Wii.
Ha XD

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Geno is not needed in Brawl, i bet by the next time a SSB game comes around most of you will have forgotten him.
That's what people said about Pit... I'm not saying that it's 100% guarenteed but if you look at how a vast majority of the new characters in Brawl were those that a large number of people wanted to appear in Melee...

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
He's not in. Deal with it. Discussion about what could have been, especially when it's already been done when then news broke, isn't necessarily needed in Brawl Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom