• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Genetically Enhanced Insect: Genesect Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
My only problem with him is that he looks clunky: He has a massive cannon weighing him down, is a pretty big target, and has disproportionately small arms. A sluggish character with no reach doesn't sound that fun to play as. Maybe they'll release some new information that shows what he's capable of sometime soon.
He's actually not that big according to the Pokedex. He's 4'9" and 181.9 lbs. Meanwhile Mewtwo is supposed to be 6'07" and 269 lbs. He's much smaller than Mewtwo already.

D

Deleted member

He's actually not that big according to the Pokedex. He's 4'9" and 181.9 lbs. Meanwhile Mewtwo is supposed to be 6'07" and 269 lbs. He's much smaller than Mewtwo already.
And not only that, but the teaser trailer for him in regards to next years movie shows him to be pretty agile and flexible.
At worst, he'd be R.O.B. level.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well, Genesect is available now in B&W2 for those who have an imported copy of either game.

D

Deleted member

I'm curious to see how much advertisement Genesect gets. Need to start looking through Serebii again.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That's who it is? I thought it was HerculesKabuterimon...curse my lacking Digimon knowledge...

D

Deleted member

It is HerculesKabuterimon. Sage of Ice only guessed at the name.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
...I was actually right? I guessed at the name, too...I've only heard the name once, and never seen a picture...

*nervous laughter...*

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
It is HerculesKabuterimon. Sage of Ice only guessed at the name.
YES that's it. my more sincere guess was megakabuterimon, but i had a feeling that wasn't right so i made something up. (a skullkabuterimon would be something to see, though.)

-------------------

is there any consensus on how techno blast ought to work? changing type each time you use it makes sense to me - it's just more efficient than any other way i can think of. and i can't see the type differences being much more than cosmetic, so what would be the point of letting you pick?

D

Deleted member

Well, Ice can freeze and Electric can stun in Smash, so there's that. Water could just do more knockback, and fire could do multiple hits.
I fancy the idea of a Down Special that changes the Drive it has.

D

Deleted member

How about that you can hold down the B button while charging the Techno Blast and be able to choose which attack you want, going up, down, left, or right for a type? I suggested that earlier in this thread.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
How about that you can hold down the B button while charging the Techno Blast and be able to choose which attack you want, going up, down, left, or right for a type.
That sounds cool! It can be normal without pressing a direction, can me made of fire (fowrad), can freeze opponets (down), push opponents with water (back), and paralyzes then with electricity (up)!
Changing drives can be a unique talent to genesect!

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Scizor is the only Bug/Steel rep worthy of Smash 4! Lol.

Not a huge fan of Legendaries to be honest.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
I honestly see him being a lot like Amaterasu was in MvC3/UMvC3 a guy that changes his weapon(drive) and is able to do diffrent moves (side-b's) while his others (b, up-b, down-b) staying the same (with down-b being the drive changer)

Ove

Smash Journeyman
I honestly see him being a lot like Amaterasu was in MvC3/UMvC3 a guy that changes his weapon(drive) and is able to do diffrent moves (side-b's) while his others (b, up-b, down-b) staying the same (with down-b being the drive changer)
Suddenly I really want to see Genesect in Smash 4...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
That was not even close to badass at all. It seems like people are making an mountain out of a mole hill over this teaser trailer.

D

Deleted member

That was not even close to badass at all. It seems like people are making an mountain out of a mole hill over this teaser trailer.
You only hate Genesect because he draws comparison to Mewtwo. :troll:

Can't play the nostalgia card here. Genesect is anything but nostalgic. :awesome:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
No, I'm saying that because the trailer wasn't cool. As in, it wasn't cool, the opposite of it was cool. It felt very underwhelming.

I never said anything about me hating Genesect specifically. Though I do still feel like Genesect support for a playable character role feels very shallow at this point.

D

Deleted member

Well, well, well.
Looks as though as Genesect is going to be getting the Mewtwo treatment afterall in the anime.

Check Serebii now for the poster for Episode N, a new arc involving Team Plasma in the anime. Genesect is going to play a role in it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, well, well.
Looks as though as Genesect is going to be getting the Mewtwo treatment afterall in the anime.

Check Serebii now for the poster for Episode N, a new arc involving Team Plasma in the anime. Genesect is going to play a role in it.
let's see how is that episode will affect Genesect's popularity. I'd rather have Mewtwo and Zoroark before Genesect, but he isn't a bad choice for the roster at all. he's got some unique characteristics that could be used for a unique moveset.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The main thing working against Genesect, however, is how it would utilize items. For one thing, its arms don't operate in the same manner as Kirby's and Jigglypuff's.

D

Deleted member

The main thing working against Genesect, however, is how it would utilize items. For one thing, its arms don't operate in the same manner as Kirby's and Jigglypuff's.
If something rediculous as a Pikachu lifting a crate twice it's size by pulling back and flattening itself if perfectly acceptable, then Genesect holding items at the tip of it's appendages would be no issue.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The Genesect cameo is just a foreshadowing of the next movie. Keep in mind that the arc is going focus on Team Plasma and N, not just Genesect.

D

Deleted member

The Genesect cameo is just a foreshadowing of the next movie. Keep in mind that the arc is going focus on Team Plasma and N, not just Genesect.
Name the last time something like that has been done.

I can; the very first movie. When they had all the cameos from a mysterious "evil" Pokemon in armor.

Like I said, Genesect is getting the Mewtwo treatment.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well the next Season definitely looks promising. Though looking at various Pokemon sites most people are hyping over the return of Charizard more than anything. lol

Still betting against Genesect though. Would be ironic however if it were to become another Mewtwo in a similar vein to Zoroark being played as another Lucario.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Ugh, why does Pokemon need any more representation?
Because there are tons of awesome Pokemon not in Smash yet?

Because it's one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, possibly even THE biggest given all the non-video game related stuff that it pumps out?

D

Deleted member

My theory about Mewtwo appearing in Genesect's movie seems to be more plausible.
Or at least this next thing is hinting at a appeance in the anime sometime soon.

http://www.pocketmonsters.net/ib/threads/3285

There are styluses based on Pokemon with recent important appearances.
Pikachu-Do you really have to guess why?
Eevee-Owned by one of Ash's rivals from the Unova Cup, who has a whole Team Eevee, with an unevolved Eevee as the leader.
Charizard-The poster for the N arc hints at Ash's Charizard making a return.
Dragonite-Iris' Dragonite. The stylus art even has the angry face.
Genesect-Presumably a main point within the new arc as hinted by the poster, as well as the star of the upcoming movie.
and....Mewtwo?

What has Mewtwo got to do with all of this? Is he to appear in the new arc in some way? Is he going to be a star of the upcoming movie?
IS MEWTWO VS. GENESECT GOING TO BE REAL?

One thing's for sure, no matter what happens, if Mewtwo wasn't extremely likely to return to Smash already, he is surefire for Smash at this point. Maybe Genesect will follow suit to drag their supposed rivalry there.

EDIT: And on a non Genesect or Mewtwo related note, I'm also willing to bet that Charizard and Dragonite are going to be rivals. :laugh:

EDIT 2: Well, this one kind of furthers that point, with the two appearing on the same projector ball.
http://www.pocketmonsters.net/ib/threads/3288
But aside from that...is that....LUCARIO? Seems he isn't so likely to be removed if he's still so marketable. Although, there is the fact that another of Ash's rivals from the Unova Cup has a Riolu....and it's pretty much confirmed that it's going to evolve in two weeks during their battle.
Another interesting fact is that the Pokemon Smash! television show in Japan, which had formerly had the Zoroark costume replace the Lucario costume of the former Pokemon Sunday show, just recently re-replaced the two. That's right; Zoroark was replaced by Lucario on the show.

Could it really be that Mewtwo fans and Lucario fans finally don't have to worry anymore?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I find it ironic that you always state that Super Smash Bros. isn't used for advertisement, but here you are making a big deal over advertising being the reason why Mewtwo and Genesect will be in Super Smash Bros.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
^^LMAO

With Lucario though, it is the last battle Ash faces in the Unova league (that he more than likely ends up losing). And one can only guess what's going on with Mewtwo

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
I find it ironic that you always state that Super Smash Bros. isn't used for advertisement, but here you are making a big deal over advertising being the reason why Mewtwo and Genesect will be in Super Smash Bros.
To be fair, Pokemon at this point, is the only exception to that rule when you think about it

D

Deleted member

Advertisement being the reason =/= Advertisement heavily increasing chances

Simple logic. Many people think Mewtwo and Lucario are "irrelevant" and thus will not be in Smash 4. This heavily proves they aren't irrelevant, and thus makes them likely to return (Mewtwo) and stay (Lucario) and will make the naysayers shut up.
Also, if Mewtwo vs. Genesect is reality, then by all means, Mewtwo vs. Genesect in Smash would be the next logical step, especially that it is heavily likely Genesect will spike in requests, taking Zoroark off it's shaky pedistal.

Aside from that, what MasterMushroom said. There is a reason why Pichu was the clone in Melee and not Igglybuff.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
it about time since I always wanted to see them with a voice and involved in the anime's plot. :)

On Genesect, I'm actually starting to like him more since this might be the only chance we'd might get a playable bug type. Also, I'm over the "hands" issue since they'd might find a way for it to work out. As long as I can blast through Pikachu with its BFG. :cool:

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom