• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Genetically Enhanced Insect: Genesect Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
The fact that Zoroark is a "Lucario wanna be" puts Genesect above him. Pokemon's abilities need to be taken into consideration too

El Fonz0

Smash Apprentice
Just thought I'd try to revive this thread. That's cool, right?

I talked about it with my friend, and he loves the idea of Genesect being in Sm4sh.
We thought it'd be cool if when he changed his drives(via down-special, or maybe a taunt) not only would neutral-special change(assuming it's Techno Blast), various other moves would change, as well.

Such as an Up-smash where he fires a small burst upwards, the element being his current drive, and the elements having different effects, like Douse causes moves to have more knockback and Chill causes people to be frozen with strong enough attacks.

Genesect is definitely one of the Pokemon newcomers I would be okay with, along with Blaziken, Zoroark, and Meowth.
Also, it looks like there's a bit of a trend of Pokemon newcomers, where they add two new ones each Smash game.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Genesect is awesome and I honestly can't think of any other Gen 5 or 6 Pokémon to be the newcomer in SSB4, besides maybe Zoroark.

Plus, I've been always fond of Bug-types, even though I hate bugs irl.

So count me in as a supporter!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Daily reminder that Genesect is the superior genetically enhanced Pokemon

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I'd actually very much like Genesect over like... Zoroark
I would be cool to have a more ranged pokemon playable.

I'd like to think it's Techno Blast would look a bit like

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Zoroark is cool, but we already have an anthropomorphic canid in Smash (Lucario), plus two of the Star Fox reps. I would easily favor Genesect over it, not only for the uniqueness factor, but also because it is a really cool legendary Pokémon.

Last edited:

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised this guy's thread hasn't been resurrected yet, he's the only pokemon newcomer hopeful that isn't from the oldest or newest gen that survived the direct. Where you at Genesect supporters?

Last edited:

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
I'm surprised this guy's thread hasn't been resurrected yet, he's the only pokemon newcomer hopeful that isn't from the oldest or newest gen that survived the direct. Where you at Genesect supporters?
I SUPPORT GENESECT

He's one of my favorite legendaries and is one billion times better than that Mewtwo trash. :b:

I still think Genesect has a decent chance of getting in this game, since we could have more Pokémon characters than ever this time around.

Last edited:

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
It goes without saying that i support the guy (wouldn't have dug up his thread if i didn't) Cool pokemon, antagonist which are always nice to have more of, and Techno Blast seems like a move that would translate very well into smash. I believe he has a decent shot of being a hidden character that isn't revealed until post release.

Last edited:

Frontiers

Smash Cadet
Totally support genesect. I like the ideas that a taunt could slightly change his moveset . It reminds me of project m samus

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Well, Genesect is confirmed to be a Pokeball during the Treehouse showing today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom