• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Genetically Enhanced Insect: Genesect Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Speaking of recolors, here are the ones that I did up several months ago...

[collapse=Recolors]
[/collapse]

Still, I'm not really expecting Genesect to be playable.

D

Deleted member

Late in hearing this, but gotta say, he'd be awesome. Always wanted him from the moment I first saw him and is my most wanted 5th gen newcomer. Granted, I don't expect him, but this could very well make Pokemon speculation interesting if it catches on.

Dang it Mario_and_Sonic_Guy, you're giving me hope.

D

Deleted member

It seems to me, that if they're showing off Genesect one year in advance compared to other reveals which are typically just a few months before their movie debut, Game Freak is really trying to hype up Genesect.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Game Freak wanted Genesect in Smash as well.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Found a video clip of the preview for Genesect's movie.

Actually am starting to like the idea of Genesect a lot more after watching this clip. Looks kinda badass in a giant robot kind of way. lol
He's a transformer! And he's not as bulky as I thought he was going to be! :O

It seems to me, that if they're showing off Genesect one year in advance compared to other reveals which are typically just a few months before their movie debut, Game Freak is really trying to hype up Genesect.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Game Freak wanted Genesect in Smash as well.
Anyone beats that stupid canine. I'm game.

D

Deleted member

Could be the case, although Victini's reveal was about a year or so before the movie, but to be fair, the event Victini had was the largest.

D

Deleted member

I don't remember Victini being actually revealed a year before it's movie.
Only teased.

I could be wrong, though.

D

Deleted member

There are a few YouTube videos that mentioned that Victini was revealed in late July and a few websites that mentioned July 24, 2010 as the date of reveal.

D

Deleted member

The preview was it being teased.

But still, with Serebii, it shows that it had been officially revealed a year prior to the movie.

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
Genesect is definitely my absolute favorite 5th gen pokemon. When he was first leaked, due to an error in my computer monitor's color palette uh...thing, he appeared Silver on my computer screen. so for the first week or so after I saw him I thought he was silver... I still think Silver genesect looks 10x as badass.

anyway point is if he were to get in he should have a silver alt costume

D

Deleted member

I only play (have ever played) the first generation. Which I am still playing currently.

But I like bug-type pokemon, and I like legendary pokemon, and so Genesect seems pretty awesome.

I would support his addition to SSb4 if he didn't get in the way of Mewtwo's inclusion.
Just like how Zoroark's potential inclusion wouldn't interfere with Lucario's, Genesect's inclusion would have no impact on Mewtwo's inclusion. They can easily co-exist.

But I do agree that a bug-type Pokemon would be awesome.
Genesect would be epic. He might be a good DLC character.
I made a moveset:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tsORqzg5Eg&feature=plcp
DLC characters... I wouldn't hold my breath. If Genesect gets in, he will be on-disc (and not on-disc DLC before anyone panics) just like everyone else.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Wait, how does Genesect hurt Mewtwo's viability? Robotic insect with a cannon versus a brutal telekinetic catdogalienthing. Last time I checked they don't even share the same types...

D

Deleted member

Wait, how does Genesect hurt Mewtwo's viability? Robotic insect with a cannon versus a brutal telekinetic catdogalienthing. Last time I checked they don't even share the same types...
Beats me, go ask Dexident.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think what he meant was that he supports Genesect, as long as he doesn't out prioritize Mewtwo. If Im wrong, please correct me.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
i think it's more to do with both being scientifically-created souped-up bipedal battle machines. who by coincidence are both purple.

i see what he's saying, but if mewtwo gets brought back they're still going to want a fifth-gen pokemon to advertise their newest stuff.

D

Deleted member

I think we should regularly check out the Serebii websites for Pokemon news. Can give us a good insight on how much Genesect is being advertised.

Also, Genesect being bad***:

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman

I'm just going to leave these here

And to whoever said it'll hinder mewtwo's chances; I honestly doubt that. If anything, it could even higher his chances due to the foreshadowing Gamefreak's pulling off with the "things" said in the B&W/B&W2 dialogue/story line, the movie, and the odd feeling that we're getting a pokemon that may potentially rival mewtwo

Just saying

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
And to whoever said it'll hinder mewtwo's chances; I honestly doubt that. If anything, it could even higher his chances due to the foreshadowing Gamefreak's pulling off with the "things" said in the B&W/B&W2 dialogue/story line, the movie, and the odd feeling that we're getting a pokemon that may potentially rival mewtwo

Just saying
What do you mean? Is there some kind of Genesect/Mewtwo connection I have not heard about? Or are you simply referring to Genesect being an experiment like Mewtwo? Just curious is all, I'm not up to date on Pokémon stuff these days.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
What do you mean? Is there some kind of Genesect/Mewtwo connection I have not heard about? Or are you simply referring to Genesect being an experiment like Mewtwo? Just curious is all, I'm not up to date on Pokémon stuff these days.
A Bit of both

The B&W2 dialogue implies the guy who illegally worked on Genesect and failed to create him properly as told to, was a marked run-away scientist from Kanto that was on the team that made mewtwo

It was found in a document once you viewed it in a lab. Very subtle Gamefreak, very subtle

D

Deleted member

*Boards the Genesect hype train*

Transformer insect robot with cannon FTW.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
A Bit of both

The B&W2 dialogue implies the guy who illegally worked on Genesect and failed to create him properly as told to, was a marked run-away scientist from Kanto that was on the team that made mewtwo

It was found in a document once you viewed it in a lab. Very subtle Gamefreak, very subtle
Hmm... Well that's neat. I can support that.

D

Deleted member

Wait WHAT.

Genesect's creator was one of the guys that worked on Mewtwo?

That tears it, Genesect and Mewtwo MUST be in Smash.

D

Deleted member

That's awesome to hear.

Speaking of six slots with Pokemon, having Lucario, Mewtwo, and Genesect all together for Smash 4 would be amazing. Lucario vs. Mewtwo and Mewtwo vs. Genesect would make epic rivalries.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I think we should regularly check out the Serebii websites for Pokemon news. Can give us a good insight on how much Genesect is being advertised.
Pretty much what I've done everytime I've turn on the computer for the past 8 years. I remember following Serebii back when they were doing FRLG coverage and showing off Movie 7.

A Bit of both

Breaking the 4th wall? This event sounds awesome.

Though I do wonder how that'll effect the manga, since it was Blaine who (more or less) created Mewtwo. lol

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
That's awesome to hear.

Speaking of six slots with Pokemon, having Lucario, Mewtwo, and Genesect all together for Smash 4 would be amazing. Lucario vs. Mewtwo and Mewtwo vs. Genesect would make epic rivalries.
Mewtwo Vs. Genesect is the new Mewtwo Vs. Deoxys, but even better, because they have the same papa (or one of many). Savage telekinetic super power vs predatory robotic super power, Psychic vs Steel, alien cat-thing vs insect; showdown of the ages.

Seriously, much more entertaining than Lucario Vs. Zororark.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
A Bit of both

That's actually...really interesting. I actually like Genesect much more now. xD

Anyway, does anyone have some ideas as to how Techno Blast will be implemented?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Did you read it yourself in the game or is there a source that provides the script? I am very curious now and want to read it...

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Did you read it yourself in the game
It said something along the lines of

"....after the cinnabar island fiasco, the scientist at large fled to Unova to start on the Genesect project with Team Plasma. N demanded and called for the group to close the project along with the laboratory in its entirety, as natural pokemon shall not be hampered with.....Angry at N for denying his potential, he remolded genesect complete with a canon behind it..."

Which would technically mean that the scientist, who is implied to have worked with behind the scenes/or was a rocket scientist, who was on the team that worked on mewtwo; fled the region at large after the little explosion over cinnabar island and now became the "Unova Scientist" everyone else is referring to.

I'll have to admit. Even though the games/manga follow almost the same path; the way they branch off and back to each other is very, very problematic.

D

Deleted member

Regarding Genesect's Techno Blaster, I think that it would work great as a B move. Perhaps after holding down B you charge your Techno Blaster and then you can go in up, down, left, or right direction to pick which drive you want to use? As for charging it, that depends on the time, but let's say he charges it for full time, he can't use it for twenty seconds while if he 50% charges it, he can't use it for ten seconds.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
this picture is in my wallpaper rotation.

also: that's a neat detail on the whole genesect/mewtwo story. the more i read, the more it seems like they're trying to build this toward... something. hopefully, that something is smash bros.

as for techno blast, maybe one of his taunts could involve rotating out the drives. no need to over-complicate things.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
It said something along the lines of

"....after the cinnabar island fiasco, the scientist at large fled to Unova to start on the Genesect project with Team Plasma. N demanded and called for the group to close the project along with the laboratory in its entirety, as natural pokemon shall not be hampered with.....Angry at N for denying his potential, he remolded genesect complete with a canon behind it..."

Which would technically mean that the scientist, who is implied to have worked with behind the scenes/or was a rocket scientist, who was on the team that worked on mewtwo; fled the region at large after the little explosion over cinnabar island and now became the "Unova Scientist" everyone else is referring to.

I'll have to admit. Even though the games/manga follow almost the same path; the way they branch off and back to each other is very, very problematic.
Thanks for the script. However, as far as I know the games don't mention Team Rocket as being involved in the Mewtwo project...

The manga will probably work something out to fix it or have a new story.

also: that's a neat detail on the whole genesect/mewtwo story. the more i read, the more it seems like they're trying to build this toward... something. hopefully, that something is smash bros.
I think it is just a nod to Red/Green for fan service reasons just as they have a lot of other content in BW2 to reference past games.

Even though I prefer Zoroark as a 5th gen rep I like Genesect as well. He's a giant robot bug with a cannon for god sake. Him being created by the same scientist involved with Mewtwo makes him a lot more interesting.

My only problem with him is that he looks clunky: He has a massive cannon weighing him down, is a pretty big target, and has disproportionately small arms. A sluggish character with no reach doesn't sound that fun to play as. Maybe they'll release some new information that shows what he's capable of sometime soon.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Yeah, pretty sure that's fan made speculation.

A Scientist who created Genesect in resentment of N's decision to cancel the project does exist, but it is never mentioned that he fled Cinnabar Island or anything like that, just that he made Genesect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom