• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Gen 2 Rep That Never Was: Scizor is here to trade blows!

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Scizor.png
Debut: Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver (1999)

Scizor (ハッサム Hassam) is the evolution of Scyther. It's normally obtained by trading a Scyther with an item called the Metal Coat and letting it evolve.

In Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, it was one of many Pokémon to obtain a new form called Mega Evolution; with a special stone called the Scizorite, it could Mega Evolve into Mega Scizor.
Mega Scizor.png

Just one thing; Scizor is already playable in another fighting game, that being Bandai Namco's Pokkén Tournament (well, the arcade and DX versions anyway). So why am I so adamant about it being in Smash? Well, you see...
Since the development of Super Smash Bros. Melee only lasted 13 months, 6 of its 14 newcomers are clones of other characters, with Pichu from the same Johto region being one of them.
Pichu_SSBU.png
Scizor does make an active appearance, though...sadly, it's as a Poké Ball summon (a role it retains for its return in Ultimate, as well as being a Spirit).

I believe that if Melee had more time in the oven (like, maybe another year or so), Scizor would make a better Gen 2 rep than Pichu purely because the former feels like a natural fit for a fighting game.

(This is a sentiment I also hold for Ayumi Tachibana replacing Dr. Mario in this scenario, but that's another story).

It could also return in the 3DS and Wii U games for the sake of its Mega Evolution as its Final Smash (and Ultimate, for obvious reasons).

For visual clarity;
Intro: Scizor pops out of a Poké Ball

Stance/Idle 1: Its idle animation from Pokémon Stadium 2
Idle 2: Scizor does an X-pose with its pincers
Idle 3: Scizor stretches out and flutters its wings

Notable Palette Swaps:
  1. Scizor (default)
  2. Shiny Scizor (yellow-green)
  3. Scyther (green)
  4. Manga Scizor (grey/black)
  5. Orre Shiny Scizor (yellow/black)
  6. Pinsir (brown/white)
  7. Heracross (blue)
  8. Lugia (white/blue)
Walk: Scizor floats along the ground almost motionlessly
Dash: Scizor dashes as it flutters
Damage: Scizor will turn its head, barely fazed
Jump: Scizor jumps with its wings the second time, barely leaving the ground
Crouch: Scizor crouches like it's about to strike prey

Normal Attacks
Jab: Scizor slices twice (4%) then keeps slicing rapidly (1%-2%, small knockback), finishing with a snap of its pincer (5%, small knockback)
Forward+A: Scizor attacks with a pincer as it flutters along (3%, small knockback)
Down+A: Scizor kicks lightly along the ground (4%, small knockback)
Up+A: Scizor slashes in an upward 45 degree arc (6%, small knockback)

Aerial Attacks
Air+A: Scizor swiftly spins around and slashes four times (8%, small knockback)
Air Forward+A: Scizor slashes downward (7%, small knockback)
Air Back + A: Steel Wing; Scizor flashes it wings behind itself (8%, OK knockback)
Air Up+A: Double Hit; Scizor snaps its pincers twice (9%, OK knockback)
Air Down+A: Scizor falls downward, putting its legs together like a sword (11% with a meteor effect, OK knockback)

Dash Attack: Fury Swipes; Scizor rapidly slices the opponent five times with its pincers (10%, OK knockback)
Edge Attack: Wing Attack: Scizor slices the opponent with its wings as it climbs back up (6%, small knockback)
Get-Up Attack: U-Turn; Scizor hops back up with a backflip kick (7%, small knockback)

Smash Attacks
Forward+A: Bug Bite; Scizor violently snaps one of its pincers (22%, medium knockback), which can nearly break shields.
Up+A: Bug Buzz; Scizor uses its wings to emit a harsh noise above itself (19%, medium knockback)
Down+A: Low Sweep; Scizor does a 360 spin kick around the floor (17%, medium knockback)

Grab Game
Grab: Scizor grabs the opponent with one of its pincers
Pummel: Scizor squeezes the opponent with one of its pincers (2%)
Forwards+Throw: False Swipe; Scizor roundhouse kicks the opponent (9%, OK knockback)
Down+Throw: Take Down; Scizor flies up and slams the opponent on the ground with both of its pincers (13%, OK knockback)
Back+Throw: Reversal; Scizor throws the opponent behind itself and kicks them (10%, OK knockback)
Up+Throw: Iron Head; Scizor tosses the opponent up, then headbutts them (15%, OK knockback)

Special Moves
B : Bullet Punch
; Scizor rapidly punches the opponent multiple times when B is held (4%-5%), finishing with a powerful punch when B is let go of (10%, OK knockback); the attack weakens the longer B is held down
B + Forwards : X-Scissor; Scizor flashes forward and slashes in a horizontal X shape, which can hit up to four opponents at once (15%, OK knockback)
B + Up : Aerial Ace; Scizor jumps high up, then furiously slashes multiple times as it moves far in the direction it’s facing (18%, medium knockback)
B + Down : Swords Dance; by holding B, Scizor summons two swords spinning around behind itself, which hit multiple times (5% each hit, small knockback). It then slashes with both pincers when B is let go of (15% each, OK knockback).

Final Smash: Mega X-Scissor; Scizor Mega Evolves into Mega Scizor, slashing furiously (20%) and finishing with an X-Scissor that covers nearly the entire screen (38%, devastating knockback)

Gimmick: N/A

Taunts
1: Scizor does an X-pose
2: Scizor puts its pincers next to its face, making it look like it has three heads
1+2: Scizor shuts its pincers and poses like it's intimidating an enemy

Winposes
1: Scizor performs a Bullet Punch
2: Scizor hurls up a rock and breaks it
3: Scizor, floating a bit, comes down and raises one of its pincers in the air

Applause: Scizor folds its arms and disappointedly flaps its wings
Icon: The Pokémon series icon
Boxing Ring Title: Bug of Steel
Star K.O.: Scizor lets out a harsh noise from its wings
Victory Music: https://youtu.be/m9_ozzyG3uo
Kirby Hat: Scizor’s wings and claws
My idea for a Johto stage was Sprout Tower. It was considered to be a stage in Melee, but got cut for unknown reasons.

Another user on this site, TKOWL TKOWL , made a concept for this stage a while back for an old stage creation contest. Nothing more I can really add, except:
  • During both cycles, a Rattata can appear and steal any nearby items; fortunately, it can attacked and the item can be recovered
  • During the daytime, the Bellsprout will appear and shoot Poison Powder from its mouth
  • During the night, the Gastly will hurt any fighter that comes in contact with it
  • Only one wild Pokémon appears at a time, and none of them appear when the tower tilts
(fights characters from Game Boy games)
  • Round 1: :ultdaisy: on :mky: (Underground Theme - Super Mario Land)
  • Round 2: :ultkirby::ultkingdedede: (free-for-all) on Dream Land GB (Kirby Retro Medley)
  • Round 3: :ultpikachu: on Saffron City (Pokémon Center - Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue)
  • Round 4: :ultpokemontrainer: on Pokémon Stadium (Road to Viridian City - Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue)
  • Round 5: :ultjigglypuff: on :ps2: (Pokémon Gym / Evolution - Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue)
  • Round 6: Scizor (Color 2) on Sprout Tower (Pokémon Gold / Pokémon Silver Medley)
  • Final Round: :ultmewtwo: (Pokémon Red / Pokémon Blue Medley), then
    Master Hand.png
Credits: Pokémon Gold / Pokémon Silver Medley
Here's most of them
  1. Scizor (Fighter Spirit)
  2. Sidestepper (default, ★; Mario Bros.)
  3. Flies & Hand (Color 4 x4, ★★; Mario Paint Medley)
  4. Zinger (Color 5, ★; Stickerbush Symphony)
  5. Ninja Kong (Color 4, ★; Battle for Storm Hill)
  6. Zebesian (Color 7, ★★; Brinstar (Melee))
  7. Heavy Lobster (Color 5, ★★; Meta Knight's Revenge)
  8. Scyther (Color 3, ★; Pokémon Gym / Evolution)
  9. Mega Scizor (default, ★★★; Battle! (Champion) - Pokémon X and Pokémon Y)
  10. Pinsir (Color 6, ★★; Battle! (Trainer Battle) - Pokémon X and Pokémon Y)
  11. Hydreigon (Color 4, ★★; Route 23 - Pokémon Black 2 / Pokémon White 2)
  12. Sigurd (Color 8, ★★; Edge of Adversity)
  13. Peckish Aristocrab (Color 3, ★★; Garden of Hope)
  14. Piston Hondo (Color 4, ★★; Ryu Stage Type B)
  15. E. Honda (Color 8, ★★; E. Honda Stage Type A)
  16. Crusty Sean (default, ★★; Rip Entry)
  17. Bisk (Color 5, ★; Endolphin Surge)
  18. Buzzbomb (Color 5 x3, ★; Spiral Mountain)
  19. Old Man Lobber (default x3, ★★; Tortimer Island Medley)
  20. Clip & Snip (Colors 1 and 5, ★★; Noisy Notebook)
This is more of a "what-if" kind of deal, but you're free to support if you want!

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
If I had the knowledge, I'd boot up M-Ex and try to do a Scizor mod for Melee.
He's such an underrated Generation 2 pick for Smash.

Put me on the support list btw.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Legends Arceus just casually revealed a new Pokemon named Kleavor today.
It's Scyther's evolution for this game. I think it'd make a good Spirit Battle for Scizor if it was a character.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I accidentally cut my index finger really badly with a pair of scissors yesterday. Thus, I’ve been inspired to support Scizor for Smash.

that is not a joke it bled pretty badly and I had to get two band aids

Last edited:
Top Bottom