• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I just realised.... Bayonetta got revealed 4 days before her 604th birthday!!! ☆Yay!☆

And this is just fabtastic.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
The recent stuff about PG saying things like https://twitter.com/PG_y_hashimoto/status/681331345503600640 and even earlier Kamiya making polls on twitter abput what spinoffs he should make really rebooted my want for a Jeanne spinoff.

So. Any ideas story wise for the possible Jeanne spinoff? Do you think it may change genres?

It would be intresting to see what she and perhaps some other characters were up to during Bayonetta's 500 year slumber...

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Sakurai talked about Bayonetta's design in Smash in a recent interview. Here's what he said:
Sakurai (translated said:
Bayonetta

We were conducting a “Smash Ballot” where people could vote for their favorite characters. Worldwide, 1.8 million votes were counted, and of the fighters that were negotiable, as well as realizable in Smash, Bayonetta had the highest amount of votes!* Bayonetta 2 was also a Nintendo exclusive, so negotiations were very easy.

*TL note: In case “negotiably possible” isn’t clear, Sakurai uses the word “negotiation” here, so I take that to mean negotiations in a business sense. As for realizable, Sakurai has written about that before, in column 430.

But because her original series is so distinctive, I was very troubled, trying to think of ways to properly represent her. In the end, I made her a combo-heavy fighter that can start combos from various places. Because you need to think about how much knockback to deal if you want to begin a combo, she’s a fighter with a lot of depth.

She has many moves that show off her distinctive character, like Wicked Weaves, which uses her hair as a conduit to summon forth limbs of Infernal Demons, or Witch Time, where she must predict her opponent’s offense to counterattack, creating an opportunity by slowing time.

To tell the truth…Going through the ratings board for each country/region was extremely difficult. In particular, Japan’s rating board was very strict on Bayonetta’s sexy antics, and there were many times where I thought “You’re not even going to let thisthrough?”

This batch of DLC fighters took more work than the fighters in the base game, and they all have their own especially unique characteristics and playstyles. Knowing this is the final update, I put in as much effort as I could, so please enjoy!
I'm so glad that Sakurai put so much work into making Bayo as faithful to her home games as he did. Even with the little bit of censoring he did, she's still a fantastic representation.

And here's this fun little quote:
Still Sakurai said:
Smash Ballot

A website where people could vote for the characters they would like to see as playable fighters in Smash. Starting in April 2015 and ending in October of the same year, we collected approximately 1.8 million votes worldwide (after removing blatantly duplicated or repeated votes).
I guess all of you who voted for her repeatedly did so in vain lol.

Here's a link to the full article if anyone's interested. He also talks about Corrin and Cloud in it.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
So, people were talking about how lewd Bayonetta was for Smash.... well, I found this.
And I know this is the Bayo boards, but let's be honest, the best part of the whole article is the very last paragraph with the image that follows it! :b:

#sheShouldHaveWonTheBallot

EDIT:
Sakurai talked about Bayonetta's design in Smash in a recent interview. Here's what he said:

I'm so glad that Sakurai put so much work into making Bayo as faithful to her home games as he did. Even with the little bit of censoring he did, she's still a fantastic representation.

And here's this fun little quote:

I guess all of you who voted for her repeatedly did so in vain lol.

Here's a link to the full article if anyone's interested. He also talks about Corrin and Cloud in it.
HEY, THOSE ARE MY NEWS!!!!

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So, people were talking about how lewd Bayonetta was for Smash.... well, I found this.
And I know this is the Bayo boards, but let's be honest, the best part of the whole article is the very last paragraph with the image that follows it! :b:

#sheShouldHaveWonTheBallot
#Bayonetta3Soon...please

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
He/she means he/she is absolutely terrible at the motorcycle level--as I was, too, in mine first playthrough. When Brits say "pants", they usually mean something on the level of "bad". For instance, instead of saying, "That movie sucked!", they might say, "That movie was total pants!" Savvy?

Anyhow, I made mineself this wallpaper a while ago. It was a little difficult and time-consuming, but I am quite satisfied with the result. You wouldn't believe how long it took me to find the perfect font--or at least the font that was perfect in mine mind. Enjoy (or not).

You know, it just occurred to me... Bayonetta and Robin are a lot alike in that both their adventures start with them in a state of amnesia, not knowing who they are. And when they learn the shocking truth, instead of falling into despair, after defeating their demons they put the past behind them and grow stronger.

I dare say, I think the two would make an excellent team.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
You know, it just occurred to me... Bayonetta and Robin are a lot alike in that both their adventures start with them in a state of amnesia, not knowing who they are. And when they learn the shocking truth, instead of falling into despair, after defeating their demons they put the past behind them and grow stronger.

I'm pretty sure Robin wouldn't be able to keep up after the first 10 meters

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Here's a question. Overall, which has better music, 1 or 2?

I've been replaying 2 recently, and while the music's good, I can't help but find myself thinking "man I really wish X Bayo 1 song was playing for this part." Like every time this pops up, the beginning is the same as this, and my ears get hyped for Mysterious Destiny, but then it doesn't happen and my ears just feel betrayed. I also get unnaturally excited in the Vigrid section when Bayo 1 music actually does play.

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720

Not to mention that both are powerful magic practitioners :p Though I'd be curious to see Robins reaction to being referred to as 'cheshire'
That's only because ssb4 Robin was a scrub who made speed their flaw stat instead of their asset stat :p

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
Bayonetta blowing a kiss (like in her games after clearing an area of enemies) would be schway if it's one of her victory themes. :3
Yes! That would be perfect!

As for her final victory pose, I think "as long as there's music, i'll keep on dancing!" could work great (if slightly edited)

Last edited:

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Yes! That would be perfect!

As for her final victory pose, I think "as long as there's music, i'll keep on dancing!" could work great (if slightly edited)

Warning: Footage from a rated M game
I know this features Bayonetta, but some of her quotes include swearing, so it's not appropriate for SmashBoards. Sorry, just doing my job as a moderator.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
finally beat the main story of bayonetta 2 on 2nd climax, time to go for the 3rd!

this game is just fantastic, one of my favorite wii u titles and probably my favorite hack'n slay type of game

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Just like in Bayo 1, beat Rodin.
It's a ****ty weapon though, as is the boss fight.
Oh. :( Welp that ain't happening.Too expensive. I was hoping for something along the lines of those Verse Cards or beating the game in a specific difficulty.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
speaking of beating the game on a certain difficulty, is there any reward for beating it on 3rd climax and will the rank affect anything?

no spoilers, please. just curious if i can expect anything ^_^

Lakuto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lakutos
speaking of beating the game on a certain difficulty, is there any reward for beating it on 3rd climax and will the rank affect anything?

You unlock a new character. Won't say who if don't want to know... surprise and stuff. 3rd climax isn't that hard though.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
How do I unlock Rodin in B2?
The weapon, beat the platinum ticket. The character, he's a random encounter while playing tag climax. Verse Card 53.

The only time rank matters is for two accessories that need to be unlocked. There's one for all gold ranks on 2nd climax or higher, and one for all platinum ranks on 2nd or higher. Just beating it on 3rd, even with all stone rewards, nets you a few goodies though.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Not if he used lots of Speedwings. :troll:

Not to mention that both are powerful magic practitioners :p Though I'd be curious to see Robins reaction to being referred to as 'cheshire'
Nah, Cheshire is Luka's nickname. For Robin, I think Scuttle would be a pretty good nickname; simple, funny, and undignified. Hopefully some of you get the reference.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Zajice Zajice thanks!!! I'm only interested in the character so that's great =D
Just so you know, you get a bonus battle every fifteen fights or so in Tag Climax. It could be Rodin, but who you fight is random; I believe there's three other options aside from him.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Indeed. It's also how you get Balder. The 3rd one is just a tag team fight of Jeanne and Bayonetta, nothing you get from it (other than the verse card itself). I haven't seen any others besides those.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I know this features Bayonetta, but some of her quotes include swearing, so it's not appropriate for SmashBoards. Sorry, just doing my job as a moderator.
Wow I forgot people moderate these boards.

If ever there was a board that needed it lol. Be sure to put that on your resume.

Rynozilla

Doesn't Need Anyone
NNID
Midori-Ryno
3DS FC
4871-3209-8796
Okay so like
50% of the reason I made an account was for threads relating to Bayo, and all the info on her being in Smash
The reason I even bought Smash two days ago was just for Bayonetta
I love Bayo more than anything on the planet, to be honest. I can't WAIT until she comes out, so I can literally play no one but her for the rest of my life <3
(The motivation is real)

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
Hey everyone! (I feel like I'm introducing myself a lot but oh well) Bayonetta's inclusion in Smash sparked my interest in her games and I bought both Bayo 1&2! Finished Bayo 1 last night and I loved it to pieces, currently on Chapter 4 of Bayo 2, with the current trajectory being that these games might be some of my all time favorites. I'm super stoked to have her in Smash and I hope I can contribute to conversation! Here's to hoping she releases on my birthday lol.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Nothing about Customization is Amiibo-safe. It may be considered damaging the product.

If you are talking about the pictures, they're fine. Seriously, if Bayonetta's games as a whole were anything bad, the whole board would collapse.
:196:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Nothing about Customization is Amiibo-safe. It may be considered damaging the product.

If you are talking about the pictures, they're fine. Seriously, if Bayonetta's games as a whole were anything bad, the whole board would collapse.
Phew. Was starting to get worried about the pic. Some custom amiibo are incredibly impressive tho. These range from paint recolours, adding things on or even making one practically from scratch - like the Ivysuar one for example. If someone is talented enough to do it as a hobby or a one-off thing then I don't see any problems in doing so.

It's awesome Bayonetta had one before her reveal. It's quite nice.

Last edited:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I never would have imagined an official Bayonetta amiibo either.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'm not into the whole amiibo collecting thing, but when Bae's is released I'm so getting it. :4bayonetta:
Pretty much what I think.
I mean, I don't even like the idea of amiibos as a whole, but damn, Bae is worth it.

Top Bottom