• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
I'm trying to keep my expectations moderate (not low, necessarily, but not overly high either) for the Switch presentation, but one thing that I'm hoping for is that they'll announce Bayonetta 3 (or, at the very least, what Platinum's releasing on the Wii U). Anyone else feel the same way?
Keeping fingers crossed for this.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
What do you have against this character?
Just ignore them - going by their post history, what little they post mostly consists of bashing Bayonetta and Rosalina for no apparent reason.

J.Daddy

Smash Rookie
I, for one, don't get triggered easily, but was posting that really necessary?
If you watch the whole playlist it's actually funny. I assume that's him playing as a mediocre Doc against a terrible Bayo lol

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Honestly, the best advise I have for Bayonetta players is to practice by not hitting the opponent.
Pick training or CPUs with very low levels so you can work on your movement and movement options like Jump-Cancelled Witch Twist to gain the third jump, when you can dABK away or in, the height of your dABK bounce when it hits or not; little stuff like that needs to be so deep into your brain you can focus more on the opponent and not on what you want to do.

idk, just a piece of my mind I wanted to rant about.
:196:

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I can already do the jcWTw and general air mobility nonsense. Working on mixing in perfect pivots, CPPs, step dashes and other nonsense right now soz I can have stupid movement options. PP and CPP is ez pz cuz I'm using bidou, but step dashes are annoying. Then there's which combos do what when. Working on getting single hit WTw midair, since grounded version is easy and it's supposed to be harder to DI.

:(

And I still wanna know why I can't post in bayo discord.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
While the trick is cool, it has some conditions for it to work:
-It can also be done with Witch Twist, but the timing is WAY more strict.
-It only works when you have the aerial version of move available.
---If you used one ABK or dABK and didn't hit a target, or used two, it won't be available anymore and you can't cancel with Heel Slide.
---You need to spend your second jump with something and NOT use a second Witch Twist.

Just a reminder that is not an easy trick to pull off.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
8-Bit Bayonetta was released on Steam - it's a minigame from the 404 page on Platinum's website, but with 16 achievements added.

It could just be seen as an early April Fool's prank, but people did some digging and found out that combining two of the achievement images reveals a URL. The URL in question takes you to a website with a Bayonetta-themed countdown. It seems to make sense that it's building up to an announcement or release of Bayonetta 1 on Steam, but we'll find out in ten days.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
As it turns out, the countdown was leading up to the release of Bayonetta 1 on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/460790/

Aside from being advertised as playing at 60 frames per second and having more graphics options, the game comes with a digital artbook and a soundtrack "sampler" (so presumably not the entire thing), as well as Steam icons and wallpapers. Not enough to convince me to triple-dip (already have the game on the Xbox 360 and Wii U), but hopefully it does well.

EDIT: Also, Bayonetta 1 and 2 amiibo are coming out in July.

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/bayonetta-amiibo-super-smash-bros-series

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/bayonetta-player-2-amiibo-super-smash-bros-series

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Don't know if this qualifies as a double post or not (it has been about three months since I've posted here), but Platinum Games sent out a tweet that, by all appearances, is hinting at a port of Bayonetta 1 and 2 to the Switch. (notably, they're liking any responses asking if this is about a Switch port)

https://www.destructoid.com/platinum-might-be-teasing-a-set-of-bayonetta-switch-ports-446581.phtml

I'm not sure if I'll double dip (triple dip, in the case of the first game); depends on if they add anything new.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Good morning, everyone! I've had Smash 4 for a year and just now decided to get into playing the Umbra Witch (but that's not to say I'm getting into competitive play). After the way I saw her kick ass in tournaments as of late, I aim to learn her the same as I religiously study mathematical science. Also, there's something else about her that I like: her outfit from the original Bayonetta (as well as those cute glasses she wears) and I strangely enough get a laugh out of seeing her land her rapid-jab. I have to say I'm starting to fall in love with her the same way I fell in love with :peachmelee: in Melee and made her my main throughout the whole series. Not to mention the :4bayonetta2: amiibo I recently bought is a nice additional touch. I'll tell you what, Sakurai and crew gets all the praise for adding Bayo to the game. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Brooster77

Smash Rookie
Huh... I also have enjoyed picking up Bayonetta in Sm4sh after really liking maining peach in melee.

moe2144

Smash Rookie
Hello all! i'm in great need to practice against Bayos. If anybody has a discord they can recommend me or is open to have some friendlies with me hit me up. Thanks

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Bayonetta 1 and 2 were just announced for the Switch at the Game Awards.

As well, Bayonetta 3 was announced, and it's a Nintendo Switch exclusive! Not much to go on (it's just a teaser trailer, similar to what we got at the start of Bayo 2), but it hints at her new enemy (and that things don't seem to be going well for Bayonetta, but that just seems like marketing hype).

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The Bayo 3 trailer is so good, it's very tense and it leaves room for so speculation.
Can't wait for more details~

D

Deleted member

Watched it myself five minutes ago and it was pretty good. That is not to say I plan on purchasing it, though. I, a Christian 56-year-old woman, am not a fan of games having blood and strong use of language. But I did watch Bayonetta: Bloody Fate about two months back, which is a different story, and I'll contemplate buying that. For now, playing as :4bayonetta2: in Smash is good enough for me.

Soreja, mata ato de. :kirby:

D

Deleted member

**** YEAH!

Mega Man 11 and Bayonetta 3 in the same week?

Hell froze over and we're heading high to the heavens!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Just came here to say I'm excited about Bayonetta 3. Not sure I'll double dip on the first two but I'm definitely getting the third one

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Glad to see the saucy witch is back in action. Bayonetta 1&2 will definitely be the first games I buy next year. Despite already owning the Wii U version, I'm still buying the Switch version; (1) because it's portable, and (2) I just like to support Platinum Games, as well as other unique companies.

D

Deleted member

Happy New Years from your girl, Grandma Shizuka Kawai from the Umbra Clock Tower (okay, the outskirts of Atlanta)! Our girl :4bayonetta2: has had good times in Smash 4 tournaments this past year thanks to Salem, who has won at least four majors in the past five months with her. Let's keep praying for our girl to stay top-tier and blowing away the competition as we start off 2018!

I am officially making Theme of Bayonetta - Mysterious Destiny my theme song this year. Take care, y'all!

Sayonara :kirby:

Flamegeyser

Smash Journeyman
2018 is the year to reinvent the image of Bayo mains like myself. I propose that our new theme should be "Awaken, My Masters!" or just "Awaken" from JJBA Battle Tendency. This way we can be both stylish AND manly!

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I, for one, decided I'll be speedrunning Bayo 1 this year.
Right after I finish Bayo 2, and this OOS tournament I'll have at the end of the month.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Bayonetta 1 and 2 are currently available for pre-load on the North American Switch eShop. I bought Bayonetta 1, and plan to get Bayonetta 2 once I've beaten that (and gotten a larger SD Card - Bayo 1 is about 8 GB, which eats up a lot of space on a 32 GB card).

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
It'll have to wait for me. I still need to get a Switch soon.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
My main worry rn is if the Switch Version will render the Wii U version obsolete for speedruns...

ShinRynozilla

Smash Rookie
NNID
Midori-Ryno
Switch FC
0202-8345-1342
Oiiii, I'm trying to 100% Bayo 2 (again) and I need a friend to play Tag Climax with so I can get all the Verse Cards qwq
Anyone up for it?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Hmm maybe I can help. I'm not that good though ,and I can't right now(need to sleep for an early get up for work tomorrow)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Oiiii, I'm trying to 100% Bayo 2 (again) and I need a friend to play Tag Climax with so I can get all the Verse Cards qwq
Anyone up for it?
Just so you know, playing against the CPU should also count.

Top Bottom