• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I respect her nerfs. the nerf on Witch Time doesnt appear that much unless you spamming it.
the Heel slide extra frames doesnt hurt either, its just making it more of a punishment tool than a approach tool.
the smashes kills little later with 2-5% but not huge.

the only thing that did ****ed me was DAir FAF ;-; but I still respect it

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm not fully understanding the nerfs. Witch Time has shorter slow down time and is more punishable?

And Heel Slide has more lag...? Is that gonna affect combos

Ya Boy Evee

Smash Rookie
NNID
EveeRaichu
I'm not fully understanding the nerfs. Witch Time has shorter slow down time and is more punishable?

And Heel Slide has more lag...? Is that gonna affect combos

From what I understand, heel slide is not punishable on sheild before if u space it correctly. With more endling lag, it is a lot easier to punish on sheild now. You have to use Witch Time wisely due to the shorter slow time and yes the end lag of witch time is longer so if it whiffs, the opponent has more time to punish. Dair has also increased ending lag, so you'll have to short hop on stage before

Tbh, the change doesn't affect bayo in general, you just have to use ur tools more wisely instead of spamming/mashing in hopes of it'll work.

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
Hello Bayonetta mains! So I bought Bayonetta yesterday and I have to say: I LOVE HER! She's just so freaking fun to use, and she has so much potential! I'm thinking of adding her to my already big group of mains (which you can see in my signature).

You'll see me here often now because I'll come to ask some things, as I still don't fully understand her. Her recovery, for instance, is one thing I'm still trying to figure out.

See you! Take care, everyone!

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Hello Bayonetta mains! So I bought Bayonetta yesterday and I have to say: I LOVE HER! She's just so freaking fun to use, and she has so much potential! I'm thinking of adding her to my already big group of mains (which you can see in my signature).

You'll see me here often now because I'll come to ask some things, as I still don't fully understand her. Her recovery, for instance, is one thing I'm still trying to figure out.

See you! Take care, everyone!
When recovering use Witch Twist > Double Jump > Witch Twist again. Also Throw in a few Afterburner Kicks into the mix. Bayonetta has one of the best recovery's in the game.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
If possible, make sure to use Bayo's wall cling to your advantage, too. The jump you get from it is basically a second double jump.

Speaking of which, there's a technique that if you do witch twist>double jump and then immediately witch twist, you don't actually use your double jump and you can use it again. It's invaluable for recovering if you can get it consistently. I'm sure there's also a way for it to be worked into combos.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Anyone here wanna help me out and provide me a new cover image for the Bayonetta data thread? The one I have atm is meh.

Also with this amount of character magnification tbh. Think something awesome and Bayonetta-like ^_^

and preferably of Bayo 1 bayonetta because I'm biased <333

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Anyone here wanna help me out and provide me a new cover image for the Bayonetta data thread? The one I have atm is meh.

Also with this amount of character magnification tbh. Think something awesome and Bayonetta-like ^_^

and preferably of Bayo 1 bayonetta because I'm biased <333
@D3RK

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
So, me and my friend played Smash Brothers yesterday. He plays a pretty good :4pacman:, :4dedede:and sometimes :4wiifit: I play :4bayonetta2: and :4cloud:. Yesterday I beat him in a match it was Wii Fit Trainer vs Bayonetta. I play a pretty good Bayonetta I know all her combos and stuff. I got an amazing Witch Time punish and killed him off the top. When I best him he started to get so salty saying OP Bayo and she was Broken and she was the best character in the game. He then started to say that he thought that he thought she was a pretty easy character to pick up. Which I disagree because I think not anyone can pick her up it takes some pratice. He doesn't play Top Tiers. I just thought I would share this because I thought it's funny how everyone will get so salty against Bayonetta. He doesn't know how to DI the combos she does lol.

Funbot28

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlwaysDOMINATE
So, me and my friend played Smash Brothers yesterday. He plays a pretty good :4pacman:, :4dedede:and sometimes :4wiifit: I play :4bayonetta2: and :4cloud:. Yesterday I beat him in a match it was Wii Fit Trainer vs Bayonetta. I play a pretty good Bayonetta I know all her combos and stuff. I got an amazing Witch Time punish and killed him off the top. When I best him he started to get so salty saying OP Bayo and she was Broken and she was the best character in the game. He then started to say that he thought that he thought she was a pretty easy character to pick up. Which I disagree because I think not anyone can pick her up it takes some pratice. He doesn't play Top Tiers. I just thought I would share this because I thought it's funny how everyone will get so salty against Bayonetta. He doesn't know how to DI the combos she does lol.
It's always like that... People need to learn the MUs that's all.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
But Bayonetta is possibly the best character in the game now that Sheik got nerfed. It's between her, Rosalinda, and Cloud.

Funbot28

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlwaysDOMINATE
But Bayonetta is possibly the best character in the game now that Sheik got nerfed. It's between her, Rosalinda, and Cloud.
Tbh it's her. Rosa is amazing and has strong potential to be #1, but lack of proper representation besides Dabuz and hard learning curve limits players picking her up and actually doing stuff with her. Cloud is also amazing, but has slightly worse MUs compared to Bayo and Rosa.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
All of them have pretty low skill floors.

Cloud is literally one of the easiest characters to pick up, it doesn't take a genius to figure out how to combo with Bayo, and Rosalina is just uthrow>uair and jab stuff.

However, Bayo and Rosalina both have higher ceilings (Rosalina moreso imo).

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
People are saying bayo is the best character in the game now, and to be perfectly honest, I dont see why that is such a huge deal. I think it's high time we had a new #1 anyway.

At least it'd be a character people actually love and adore, as opposed to one people just pretend they do (like seriously, who the hell actually likes sheik? lmao).

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
When someone becomes the best like Sheik no one likes them.

I think around release people really liked Sheik. Her new moves and changes were cool and powerful. iirc Sheik left Brawl not unpopular, just underused because she wasn't as good.

Of course only moments later people realized basically all of those changes were crazy as heck and she got nerf b**** slapped. Then we got 1.0.4-1.1.4 Sheik whose optimal gameplay evolved into lamer play to win because they neutered all her kill moves.

Then she got b**** slapped again and they actually managed to nerf her out of 1st place in many minds.

Bayonetta is cool and fun, and a fresh breath for top tier, but that freshness is gonna run out and people are gonna hate to fight ha. They pretty much already do since we're a knee-jerk community lmao. I expect if patches really are still around that she'll receive another wrist slap.

Last edited:

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Hi guys, after seeing Bayo's potential at a tournament last weekend I'm interested in picking her up as a secondary or at least learn how to some extend. Can you guys point me in the right direction where I should start off?

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Hi guys, after seeing Bayo's potential at a tournament last weekend I'm interested in picking her up as a secondary or at least learn how to some extend. Can you guys point me in the right direction where I should start off?
first learn how her neutral work, later learn how to recover and baiting and last but the biggest is learn to combo with her

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Has anyone ever wondered what it would be like to see Bayonetta equipped with the Glider and Sprinter bonus effects? She'd feel almost like another Zero Suit Samus.

Air speed: 0.97 * 1.25 -> 1.2125
Run speed: 1.6 * 1.3 -> 2.08

Of course, Bayonetta would only run as fast as Greninja while equipped with the Sprinter bonus effect, but she will be a bit faster in the air than Wario with the Glider bonus effect. Walk speed would still be below average though.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Give her Smooth Lander and she'd be good to go; and she wouldn't do bad with negative Attack values and being all for Speed.
:196:

Last edited:

ElMoro995

Smash Cadet
This is one of the videos of me playing in a recent tournament (there is a playlist on YT), I got 1st but I need some advice: what to do when the opponent is at kill%? I start spamming bairs, in order to shield pressure the opponent and trying to shieldstab, but even if it's safe, it's a too predictable strategy...

Otterz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Otterz
If we Bat Within from an Air Dodge and land on the ground, do we suffer the lag from Air Dodging to the ground? I can't test right now, but this is a small detail I've been wondering about.

Spirst

If we Bat Within from an Air Dodge and land on the ground, do we suffer the lag from Air Dodging to the ground? I can't test right now, but this is a small detail I've been wondering about.
Yes. If you land on the ground from Bat Within air dodge, you'll suffer landing lag frames.

LegendOfZeldaNut

Proud Bearer of the Triforce of Courage
Something that made me crack up. Earlier in this thread you were joking about Bayonetta having a tier that no one else could hope to attain, well with all this Bayo drama, and all the Sheik and ZSS nerfs. I think that may actually happen. Now don't get me wrong, she is no Brawl Meta Knight, but I do see it maybe happening. If it does I vote to call it Platinum Tier, seeing as how that is the hardest rank to attain in the Bayonetta games. Also, I think that banning Bayo would be the dumbest move the competitive sm4sh scene has ever made. Is she powerful, yes, does she need a nerf, yes. But I think that as more people learn the MU, she won't be quite as nuts. Also, it's only March, give the competitive scene some time to adapt before you start with the banning.

Last edited:

Amiracle

Smash Apprentice
So with my current controller set up it's near impossible for me to do short hop fastfalling up airs. Does anything think I'll be ok, or does bayonetta rely on that a lot?

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Wow, the Sheik board was never filled with this much hate. I kinda feel bad for you guys. Sure, I hate Bayonetta as a fighter, but this is rough.

LegendOfZeldaNut

Proud Bearer of the Triforce of Courage
I think the hate is a combination of 2 things. First off, she was DLC, so anyone who didn't want Bayo feels cheated that their character didn't make it. Please keep in mind that not everyone did this (I wanted Banjo and Kazooie but I was happy for the Bayo fans) If you were mature, thank you. Then, when she turned out be just a little OP, everyone who didn't want her started complaining. I am willing to bet that if she had been in from the start she would not have as much hate.

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
Wow, the Sheik board was never filled with this much hate. I kinda feel bad for you guys. Sure, I hate Bayonetta as a fighter, but this is rough.
It's no big deal.

The sexiest, take no-nonsense, badass queen ***** of gaming is in Smash Bros. I can deal with people getting mad because Bayonetta is in Smash.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Huh. Four months ever since and they're all still not over it? That's surprisingly sad.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
you can get people to kill themselves if they optimally di for fthrow but you use dthrow instead

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
It's no big deal.

The sexiest, take no-nonsense, badass queen ***** of gaming is in Smash Bros. I can deal with people getting mad because Bayonetta is in Smash.
Definitely another reason she's hated, though; she won the Smash Ballot. Anyone who still can't acknowledge that their own choice was not actually being as popular as they thought it was just seems to translate into Bayo-hate.

And Tetra >>>>> Sheik

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Give her Smooth Lander and she'd be good to go; and she wouldn't do bad with negative Attack values and being all for Speed.
:196:
If you gave Bayonetta smooth lander her NAir would have 5F landing lag and BAir would have 6F.

Then if you rebalanced her damage stats, they'd literally be like, +1/3 on block OOS.

helP.

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Ever since I got Bayonetta, she's been almost all I use and immediately became my go-to character over the ones I've been playing since day one. That's not wrong, is it?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Definitely another reason she's hated, though; she won the Smash Ballot. Anyone who still can't acknowledge that their own choice was not actually being as popular as they thought it was just seems to translate into Bayo-hate.

And Tetra >>>>> Sheik
Sometimes you have to ask if the Smash Ballot was rigged and a waste of time; in other words, Bayonetta was going to be in the game, regardless of the amount of valid votes for the other valid choices.

Top Bottom