• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

blackghost

Smash Champion
happy last few hours we are almost there
on a different note has anyone else noticed how so many people re now showing up and trying to offer evidence that bayonetta wont be very good?

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Bayo has a kill throw? lmao ok ty sakurai

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Bayo has a kill throw? lmao ok ty sakurai
I think he said it was fthrow 150% at the ledge or something :/

Don't quote me on that tho :0

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
140-150% isn't that bad, honestly

we could be marth and have basically the trashiest throws in the game

Last edited:

Greda

Smash Journeyman
"Does not have a combo throw."

Didn't the person on NicoNico combo off of Dthrow?

Mr_Kreep3r

Smash Apprentice
"Does not have a combo throw."

Didn't the person on NicoNico combo off of Dthrow?
he looked like he could of shielded the dtilt, but also in the trailer where she down throws to Dsmash looked like Dthrow to ABK would be true combo.

Last edited:

Vinje

Smash Apprentice
I'm assuming Nairo didn't have much time to check out everything to see what works and what doesn't.
So you should take some of this with a grain of salt.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
As a lesbian I don't really care about the character's gender. I go for cool personalities and who I like playing.

Boss is awesome. Ryu is Street Fighter. Bayonetta is a feminine badass and I love that archetype. Peach is the pastel princess. Bowser is just funny to play because people don't get how he works. Cloud has a huge sword and is fast, while covering my bad matchups!

sidenote: My uncle owns Nintendo of Uganda and he told me Bayonetta's jab is frame 18
I find it somewhat bizarre that Bayonetta is a love or hate kind of character with women, ESPECIALLY amongst feminists.

Last edited:

Mr_Kreep3r

Smash Apprentice
The KBG of dthrow looked so low like greninja/mewtwo that maybe something like Dthrow footstool to donward ABK could be a thing. (Unlikely but maybe)

THIS WAIT is slowly killing me... I just want to go into the hyperbolic lab time chamber for like a week and emerge a Pure Platinium Super Saiyan God.

Fthrow killing seems over kill, but im not complaining.

Rynozilla

Doesn't Need Anyone
NNID
Midori-Ryno
3DS FC
4871-3209-8796
iirc, you get the Bazillions for beating the game on Hard. I love the Bazillions. Like, a lot. Maybe one of the most fun weapons in both games because they come in two sets of two, like most handguns in the games. WHICH MEANS I CAN HAVE LAZERS ON HANDS, AND ROCKET LAUNCHERS ON FEET YASSSSSSSSS.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
iirc, you get the Bazillions for beating the game on Hard. I love the Bazillions. Like, a lot. Maybe one of the most fun weapons in both games because they come in two sets of two, like most handguns in the games. WHICH MEANS I CAN HAVE LAZERS ON HANDS, AND ROCKET LAUNCHERS ON FEET YASSSSSSSSS.
going into the series i did the game on normal. when that final boss was done,I played around with some of the codes :p

Rynozilla

Doesn't Need Anyone
NNID
Midori-Ryno
3DS FC
4871-3209-8796
going into the series i did the game on normal. when that final boss was done,I played around with some of the codes :p
I always get Rodin first, and then Jeanne, as my two and only cheat codes. The rest I can easily get legitimately.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
I always get Rodin first, and then Jeanne, as my two and only cheat codes. The rest I can easily get legitimately.
I wanted to beat Rodin on my own to get those. but i've yet to do that. boy that bartender can fight.

Rynozilla

Doesn't Need Anyone
NNID
Midori-Ryno
3DS FC
4871-3209-8796
I wanted to beat Rodin on my own to get those. but i've yet to do that. boy that bartender can fight.
I actually did that a long time ago! I've already set it on this thread, but I've 100% Bayonetta 1 multiple times. I've done everything. Beat Angel Slayer, Rodin, won every Alfheim, gotten all the Achievements, gotten Jeanne and Zero, every accessory, everything. Just. Not on the Wii U version. xD

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
That's really only 4 inputs (3 if you never use true Tatsumaki) though and it's not the reason why Ryu is hard to learn. Ryu is difficult because he has a heavy emphasis on a combo oriented punish game so you need to be on point with strings to use him ot full effectiveness. Bayonetta apears to play off that very similar archtype though tomarrow we will know for sure.
True, but you got to think though they want to make characters accessible to everyone. We all just got to learn the character we want to play. The only thing I don't understand about her is Bat Within and Witch Time. Is it part part of her dodges and counter that's basically the only thing I'm really stumped about her.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
True, but you got to think though they want to make characters accessible to everyone. We all just got to learn the character we want to play. The only thing I don't understand about her is Bat Within and Witch Time. Is it part part of her dodges and counter that's basically the only thing I'm really stumped about her.
From what I can tell, it's both. Though from rolls/dodges, it'll simply be a parry, while from DownB you'll also get Witch Time
Edit: Ahh, couldn't find it. But it's right around 3:12 of her move set breakdown:

So between:

- You May Call Me Father
- The Greatest Jubilee
- Battle for the Umbra Throne

Which of these would you have wanted the most for the Bayonetta stage?
Tbh, while the first two are absolutely amazing, I feel like they would've been out of place in Smash. So I would go with Battle for the Umbra Throne

Last edited:

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
So between:

- You May Call Me Father
- The Greatest Jubilee

You May Call Me Father hands down. Although I love The Greatest Jubilee also. Sad we didn't get these songs *sigh*. Oh well, atleast we got more than two songs *cough* Midgar *cough* :secretkpop:.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So between:

- You May Call Me Father
- The Greatest Jubilee

Battle for the Umbra Throne, definitely.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
Hypothetical: Nintendo releases a tweet saying that Feb. 3 was a mistake and that Bayonetta/Corrin will be released in 10 minutes. Your reaction?

So between:

- You May Call Me Father
- The Greatest Jubilee

I like all of these, I would choose You May Call Me Father. The Greatest Jubilee is too much of a spoiler and I don't see Battle for the Umbra Throne on the falling clock tower.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hypothetical: Nintendo releases a tweet saying that Feb. 3 was a mistake and that Bayonetta/Corrin will be released in 10 minutes. Your reaction?
"Hype" is the only acceptable response.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Scream in delight.

Then cry because I have to do homework for the rest of the night.

:')

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I like all of these, I would choose You May Call Me Father. The Greatest Jubilee is too much of a spoiler and I don't see Battle for the Umbra Throne on the falling clock tower.
And You May Call Me Father isn't?
Battle for the Umbra Throne, definitely.
Tbh, while the first two are absolutely amazing, I feel like they would've been out of place in Smash. So I would go with Battle for the Umbra Throne
As you should.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I find it somewhat bizarre that Bayonetta is a love or hate kind of character with women, ESPECIALLY amongst feminists.
The problem they have is that Bayonetta is sexy, and therefore, she's wrong. If you take away her over the top sex appeal, you have a playful, strong woman who literally would go through hell and back to achieve her goals, showing she's not one to give up easily, and she's always in control of the situation

Top Bottom