• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

Rynozilla

Doesn't Need Anyone
NNID
Midori-Ryno
3DS FC
4871-3209-8796
The problem they have is that Bayonetta is sexy, and therefore, she's wrong. If you take away her over the top sex appeal, you have a playful, strong woman who literally would go through hell and back to achieve her goals, showing she's not one to give up easily, and she's always in control of the situation
But in all honest, even WITH the sex appeal, she's showing she's perfectly fine with her body. And if you've got it, flaunt it. (And she flaunts it. Like, a lot.)
MaybetomorrowwhenBaecomesout
ButIsuckatthisgamealreadypls

Last edited:

Rynozilla

Doesn't Need Anyone
NNID
Midori-Ryno
3DS FC
4871-3209-8796
Which proves she's confident about herself. Bayonetta is literally a role model for women, outside the sex appeal for some
JEANNE on the other hand... Well... I hope there aren't many people like Jeanne.. DON'T GET ME WRONG I LOVE HER SO MUCH <3 But she's such an amazing ***** about everything and everyone but Bayonetta xD
lookslikesomeoneneedstogitgud
I WILL
WITHOUT A DOUBT
BUST A CAP IN YO' [Censored Word Here Because This Is SB]

Last edited:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The problem they have is that Bayonetta is sexy, and therefore, she's wrong. If you take away her over the top sex appeal, you have a playful, strong woman who literally would go through hell and back to achieve her goals, showing she's not one to give up easily, and she's always in control of the situation
They'd still find something wrong with her.

Rynozilla

Doesn't Need Anyone
NNID
Midori-Ryno
3DS FC
4871-3209-8796
Want to know why? They aren't feminists. Feminists are people who want men and women to have the same treatment. You're thinking of the people who want women to be dominant and the boss, while men have to be slaves. Those, dear Watson, are called: Morons

Rekt

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
They'd still find something wrong with her.
Yeah.

If she's sexy, she's being exploited for the male gaze, and therefore being objectified.

If she's not sexy, her femininity is being suppressed, and she isnt being allowed to be a woman.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Want to know why? They aren't feminists. Feminists are people who want men and women to have the same treatment. You're thinking of the people who want women to be dominant and the boss, while men have to be slaves. Those, dear Watson, are called: Morons
Well, technically, they would be called Misandrists. :p
But yeah. Women and Men should be able to express their bodies equally. Any "feminist" who says that isn't what Bayonetta is trying to advocate doesn't know what they're talking about.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
And now you know why misandrists and morons begin with M. So does McDonald's, so don't go there anymore either
Gorl I stopped going there years ago

I'm not a big fan of eating cancer between two buns. :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
****posting is just post-modern memery though.

It dies alongside memes.
You are disowned from the family
Gorl I stopped going there years ago

I'm not a big fan of eating cancer between two buns. :p
Last time I went there my sister forced me to eat a hamburger on my birthday 'It tastes like ****, I didn't order sauce either' 'Nah brah, it's okay' *3 hours later* 'Yeah, that was ketchup, something you hate' It's not even meat, but slime

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
You are disowned from the family

Last time I went there my sister forced me to eat a hamburger on my birthday 'It tastes like ****, I didn't order sauce either' 'Nah brah, it's okay' *3 hours later* 'Yeah, that was ketchup, something you hate' It's not even meat, but slime
McDonald's only good decision was opening breakfast 24 hours a day. Egg McMuffins are 10/10 :dr^_^:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Last edited:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I only go to McDonalds for breakfast. Always loved the McGriddles and bagels. My fast food choice is generally Wendy's or, if I'm around one, What-A-Burger. Shame we have only a handful in Louisiana.

Well, technically, they would be called Misandrists. :p
But yeah. Women and Men should be able to express their bodies equally. Any "feminist" who says that isn't what Bayonetta is trying to advocate doesn't know what they're talking about.
Which reminds me. Can Deadpool be considered a male Bayonetta?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Which reminds me. Can Deadpool be considered a male Bayonetta?
I don't think anyone thinks Deadpool is sexy, just LOOK what happened to Wade, not to mention he's mentally unstable
Oh god ew.

Do not compare that memeing **** to Bayonetta.
As a Deadpool fan who's incredibly hyped for the mobie, agreed
Ok then how about Snake? He has booty for days.
Snake has the most seductive male voice of the franchise

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Bayonetta is THE example of the Fighting F*** Toy trope and it's really too simple just to call her empowering and not reflect on some of the criticisms people have of her design. She's a character made to pander to men, that is true. But also true is that her canon story, she's entirely self-driven, and powerful.

If there's one thing the Bayonetta games teach, is that there is a light and dark side to all things, and those sides do not always behave the ways you might seem. There's real problems with Bayonetta. But also some really great things too.

Last edited:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You know she was designed by a woman with her design done to appeal to her?

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
It feels like yesterday that I was editing the support thread back in August and now tomorrow she's being released.... :4bayonetta:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Bayonetta doesnt even show that much skin (outside of summoning demons, that is).

Bayo1 outfit has an exposed back and some cleavage (obscured by her little umbran trinket).

Bayo2 outfit has an exposed back and those diamond patterns going down the back of her legs.

That's it.

I think it's less about her being a scantily dressed ***** and more about her just being plain ol' sexy. She's clearly very comfortable with her body.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I find it weird that when people bring up Bayonetta's design and their issues with it, they don't bring up Dante. First word: leather. DMC1 and 2 were gothic and DMC4 was cowboy-like. DMC3 had him wear only a coat for a top. His abs were there for you to oogle and if you chose to use his coatless outfit, so was his entire upper body. Even Vergil joined the fun with a classy vest that exposed his toned arms. Dante's design is as much of a parody as is Bayonetta's. The only difference? Dante's a guy while Bayonetta's a woman. They're campy, they're fun, and they're not really to be taken seriously most of the time. Oh, and they're definitely comfortable with themselves. I mean, if you can walk around in leather chaps and a bright red leather overcoat, you're definitely not giving a damn about how others see you.

Top Bottom