• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
The day before the broadcast, I told my friends there were only two characters that could make me drop Cloud (as I was 100% intent on maining him). Phoenix Wright, and Bayonetta.

The last trailer for Smash started playing, and part of me felt like it was Issac for some reason. But then, I heard those words...

"Oh. Another angel. Must have missed one~"

And then just like that, Cloud was dropped as my main before he even became it.

Basically, my point here is 90% of my time in Smash now will be dedicated to playing Bayonetta. I will learn all the combos I can.
You mean starting february.
Right now, just play cloud?
I went from so many characters through the roster, till I looped and landed back at shulk, who is along roy my main.
I hope bayo can change that.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
You mean starting february.
Right now, just play cloud?
I went from so many characters through the roster, till I looped and landed back at shulk, who is along roy my main.
I hope bayo can change that.
Yeah, that's what I meant. I just like to overdramatize things, I guess. Heheh.

XbusterKosmos

Keyblade Master
I really enjoying re-watching all her setups

And combo's

Going to have some fun come february

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Ugh Feb. is so close yet so far. At least we don't have to wait as long as Lucas.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I've been watching the trailers over again. It's so cool how faithful it all is to her game, right down to the way she walks.

I'm kinda sad that the vocal part isn't in "Tomorrow is Mine", but it's still awesome to see the song there.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So anyone of you guys played Bayonetta 1 and/or 2 yet?

I'm still trying to 100% the first game

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

I've played Bayo 2, but I bought it digitally, so it didn't come with Bayo 1. I hope to buy Bayo 1 soon though.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968

I got the Bayo 2 + 1 bundle last year for Christmas, and played through both in less than a week. I picked them back up recently and I'm trying to finish Infinite Climax difficulty, but I got stuck at Chapter 7.
I'll try to 100% one of them before February but that'll be hard since I'll be getting Xenoblade X for Christmas. I don't think I'll ever do an all Platinum run (unless it's on easy or something pfff)

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I've played Bayo 2, but I bought it digitally, so it didn't come with Bayo 1. I hope to buy Bayo 1 soon though.
If you own bayo 2 or 1 digitally, the other one will get cheaper.

Also, I own both, first played it on x-box360, and loved the remake and the sequel on the WiiU.
Played through them twice, and I gotta say, that Bayo 2 is much more forgiving.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Seems like Bayonetta absolutely cannot kill with anything over than Wicked Weaves. Roy just kinda dropped out after that 5-hit series, and Fox didn't even die from Fair that far offstage. Makes sense, giving her combo-oriented style from her games, but still.

At least Witch Time will give her the opening to use a Wicked Weave. Wonder how long WT stays active.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Seems like Bayonetta absolutely cannot kill with anything over than Wicked Weaves. Roy just kinda dropped out after that 5-hit series, and Fox didn't even die from Fair that far offstage. Makes sense, giving her combo-oriented style from her games, but still.

At least Witch Time will give her the opening to use a Wicked Weave. Wonder how long WT stays active.
In the trailer they say it varies on percent and how many times you've used it. Probably worth saving for a kill opportunity. It's ability to grant you pretty much whatever you want when activated will make it the most potent and competitively viable "counter" in the series, I'd bet.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace

It is definitely intentional to mimic how Bayonetta does combat in her actual games, where she is extremely mobile and combo-oriented, both in mid-air and on the ground.

As for Witch Time, it appears to depend on a few things.

- The enemy's percentage: The higher the percentage that Bayonetta has racked on the enemy, the more dangerous it is.
- How often the player is using it: Most likely to avoid spamming it uselessly (we know those kids will exist, because they do for every character) being too effective, and a form of punishment for attempting to use it as a "get out free card" too often.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
When I said active, I actually meant how long the counter stance stays active before it can't activate/Bat Shift takes over instead. Like how Marth's and Ike's counter have counter windows small enough that they can get hit out of before the move completes.

Apologies for the lack of clarification.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm still surprised (and somewhat happy) that they went with one of the most violent and gruesome summon.
Gomorrah sure is recognizable, but... He definitely eat the opponents alive! They don't get sent away, they just die directly!
At least I'm now getting the idea as to why that Final Smash is an instant KO for anyone who currently has 100% damage or more. That really creeps me out, and the ironic part is that I'm used to seeing Yoshi and Kirby eating enemies all the time.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
At least I'm now getting the idea as to why that Final Smash is an instant KO for anyone who currently has 100% damage or more. That really creeps me out, and the ironic part is that I'm used to seeing Yoshi and Kirby eating enemies all the time.
At least, Megaman's special death animation will be "usefull" here :troll:

Now that we have Gomorrah, I want Resident Evil and therefore Jill Valentine in Smash (... In the next Smash). We have a huge scary demon, having zombies would be fine!

There's still the problem about guns and knives, though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
At least, Megaman's special death animation will be "usefull" here :troll:

Now that we have Gomorrah, I want Resident Evil and therefore Jill Valentine in Smash (... In the next Smash). We have a huge scary demon, having zombies would be fine!

There's still the problem about guns and knives, though.
We already have ReDeads though, which are scary enough as it is. Anyway, it's materials like Gomorrah that really make me feel uncomfortable about Bayonetta's inclusion into Smash 4. Well, that, along with the fact that I never really liked Bayonetta much either.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
We already have ReDeads though, which are scary enough as it is. Anyway, it's materials like Gomorrah that really make me feel uncomfortable about Bayonetta's inclusion into Smash 4. Well, that, along with the fact that I never really liked Bayonetta much either.
I can understand that Gomorrah can make people feel unconfortable. I was expecting, for the FS summon:
Queen Sheba. A giant demon, looking like a (somewhat) human lady, giving a GIANT punch into foes. Simple, cool, iconic and not gore at all.

But Gomorrah is the most iconic summon so...

Anyway, it's true that we have Redeads. And Ornes. And those Clubberskulls...

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I can understand that Gomorrah can make people feel unconfortable. I was expecting Queen Sheba as the FS summon:
a giant demon, looking like a (somewhat) human lady, giving a GIANT punch into foes. Simple, cool, iconic and not gore at all.

But Gomorrah is the most iconic summon so...

Anyway, it's true that we have redeads. And Ornes. And those Clubberskulls...
I guess Gomorrah is also iconic for the fact that Bayonetta actually has to fight against him at one point.

Anyway, at least the eating habits of Yoshi and Kirby are much less graphical, since most enemies that Yoshi swallows get turned into eggs (he doesn't even chew them in his games), while Kirby doesn't even have any teeth (he just swallows them whole). Gomorrah just looks way too violent, and I really can't believe that that level of violence was even allowed into Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Oh, also, for those interested, here is Bayonetta's artwork with the "Light vs Dark" battle in some glorious and absurde resolution:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I guess Gomorrah is also iconic for the fact that Bayonetta actually has to fight against him at one point.

Anyway, at least the eating habits of Yoshi and Kirby are much less graphical, since most enemies that Yoshi swallows get turned into eggs (he doesn't even chew them in his games), while Kirby doesn't even have any teeth (he just swallows them whole). Gomorrah just looks way too violent, and I really can't believe that that level of violence was even allowed into Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U.
I don't remember seeing any actual blood in the animation. Still pretty violent, though.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Bought Bayonetta 1 and 2 (got 1 for both the Xbox 360 and Wii U). I'm trying to 100% complete Bayonetta 2; I just need to beat the bonus boss, and beat the game on Infinite Climax. (can't remember how I was doing with the first one, but I've at least beaten it)

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I don't know if you all noticed it but I think Bayo has a wall cling. In the first few clips after her reveal you can see her clinging to a wall on Pyrosphere. Just thought I'd point it out. :drshrug:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

It's definitely not as violent as in the Bayonetta games, as there's no blood, nor opponents exploding into a flesh mess.

But still, we do have a giant demon with a maw bigger than Ridley himself chewing ferociously your opponent and potentially killing them in the process. Technically the violence shown is okay for the game: gomorrah eating people is the same as Distant Planet's Bulborb.

But... Gomorrah is definitely not like a bulborb.

I don't know if you all noticed it but I think Bayo has a wall cling. In the first few clips after her reveal you can see her clinging to a wall on Pyrosphere. Just thought I'd point it out. :drshrug:
I noticed that as well. Her hand seems to be on the wall too.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
My **** is touching the moon right now still over Bayonetta's announcement, can I just hop in a time capsule and skip to February??

;w;

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
ooo yes a social thread!

Can anyone explain to me how the hell does side special work? It seems to be able to do 3 things, up in air, down towards ground and a slide with additional kick.

Also. I've been a Bayo supporter since between Lil Mac & the second E3 Direct. You can't believe how happy I was when she was declared the WINNER of the freaking BALLOT after all this time of so many people repeating 'too sexy/guns/mature" all the time. I honestly felt like:
maxresdefault (1).jpg

Hell yeah baby!

AND WHY THE HELL DID SOME OF YOU AWESOME GUYS NOT SHOW UP IN MY BAYONETTA SUPPORT THREAD EH?! Lol just kidding. Doesn't matter now anyways, we did it guys! So happy I contributed by voting about 7 times and having a Bayo twitter support group - which is second biggest only to K Rool's.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

I haven't even started on Bayonetta 2 yet because I'm still playing through the first one that came with it, which I'm having a hard time on that due to the countless number of times I ended up dying.

If I can't get past the first one, then I might as well start on the second and go from there.

Alter Requiem

Red Panties Ambassador
NNID
AlterRequiem
I always really liked the idea of her in smash, but i wasnt too hopeful about her getting in. So fkn glad shovel knight was canned. Im seriously gonna have to stop solo maining ganondorf.... so bittersweet lol.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I don't want to start a discussion about the shovel, but I always wondered why Shovel Knight was considered possible, to be honest.

There's the amiibo, of course, and his game is great, but I can't really imagine an indie american game being playable.

He was also hyped in europe, though.

Top Bottom