• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

Morbi

Scavenger
You saw how Pit blushed when Bayo grabbed him in the trailer? You think all characters will bush or do you think that was just editing?
I believe it might be a character reaction. Sort of like Bowser's... Down-throw (I believe). Every character flails their arms before he drops onto them. I do not usually pay attention to grab animations because they are generic; however, it would be a waste if Pit was the only character to blush.

Edit- Never mind, apparently it is just a Pit specific animation. The dream is dead.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Bayonetta is besides Bomberman the only Character I always wanted. I am extatic beyond comprehension, almost didn't sleep and watching her movesets over, and over, and over.

I will main her for sure. She seems to have a useful and very good counter, her combogame looks amazing, her speed and mobility is just amazing, and even her shadow shows her disorted witch shadow instead her on screen appearance.
I really really have high hopes that she will be good, and that she will be fun.

I just honestly love it. Love it so much.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I believe it might be a character reaction. Sort of like Bowser's... Down-throw (I believe). Every character flails their arms before he drops onto them. I do not usually pay attention to grab animations because they are generic; however, it would be a waste if Pit was the only character to blush.

Edit- Never mind, apparently it is just a Pit specific animation. The dream is dead.
I guess because it'll look weird for :4myfriends::4ganondorf::4ryu:&:4falcon: to blush

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Can we talk about that down special? I'm getting DIO flashbacks.

This character is calling out to all the Falcon main types. The ridiculous flashiness. The combos. If only we could get DMC4 Dante, we would then have all the flashy fighters one could ever want.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Can we talk about that down special? I'm getting DIO flashbacks.

This character is calling out to all the Falcon main types. The ridiculous flashiness. The combos. If only we could get DMC4 Dante, we would then have all the flashy fighters one could ever want.
She is basically the spiritual successor to Dante. Bayonetta 1&2 did what DMC didn't
And she really reminds me of a Falcon+Luigi Type of gameplay, with a tiny bit of... what was his name...

Last edited:

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Witch time working on KO Punch makes me wonder how it will react to grabs

And Palu's unblockable Side-B hitbox lol

Not sure what good the bullets will be short of getting something out of a whiff or tacking on some extra damage after a hit. No combo counter to keep up in Smash.

Unless you can get a few off and keep a combo going with specific timing, which would add hella mechanical depth to her.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Bayonetta will be my co-main regardless of how bad she is.

I don't give a ****.

Bayonetta is awesome and I will make her awesome.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Bayonetta will be my co-main regardless of how bad she is.

I don't give a ****.

Bayonetta is awesome and I will make her awesome.
Yes. Honestly, she's just too good, to not be good.
I so goddarn hope she'll be a sheik counter. I wonder if witchtimes slows Rosalina, if just the luma attacked Bayo.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever

She should do it with every shota

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Congratulations, Bayonetta suppoerters. I dind't want her in, but there's nothing I can do about it but at least act with some retraints instead of acting immature and petty.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Congratulations, Bayonetta suppoerters. I dind't want her in, but there's nothing I can do about it but at least act with some retraints instead of acting immature and petty.
Eh, they could have ended it with cloud and everyone would have been happy. Having two additional characters doesn't hurt, and hey. She's pretty much the spiritual successor of Dante before he turned to DMC5.

But thanks, I rarely see good sports, and expected more salt. We could use more of you!

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Eh, they could have ended it with cloud and everyone would have been happy. Having two additional characters doesn't hurt, and hey. She's pretty much the spiritual successor of Dante before he turned to DMC5.

But thanks, I rarely see good sports, and expected more salt. We could use more of you!
Thank you. At the end of the day, despite what I think of her, lots of people are happy with her inclusion and me getting characters I didn't want isn't the end of the world.

Mr.PersonSir

Smash Cadet
So based on what we saw should Umbra Clock Tower be tournament legal? I say yes. But how about you guys?

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
So based on what we saw should Umbra Clock Tower be tournament legal? I say yes. But how about you guys?
It depends on the ratio of passable vs solid platforms, and how long they stay on screen. I could see it's legality being very debated but I think it could be legal. Plus it has the best music in the game :4bayonetta:

Edit: The angels don't seem to be hazards, and are just aesthetic.

Last edited:

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Ok her kit looks really OP let's just hope she doesn't get banned in tournaments
The hype is real
I mean of course she appears OP because the presentation was supposed to show the utility of her kit in it's most potent form. Ryu looked pretty OP when the he was showcased in his direct but soon after we realized he would only be top 5 :p.

P.S No purple alt already puts her in mid tier.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968

Well, think about it. Clouds Classic mode victory animation was leaked yesterday, meaning if he was revealed yesterday the hype would be ruined, just like Ryu!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It'll be quite interesting if Bayonetta turns out to be a super lightweight fighter. She'd be like a glass cannon, where she can pack a lot of power, but is easily sent flying as a drawback.

I guess in a way, I'm thinking that Bayonetta will be Mewtwo light (72), being lighter than even Pikachu, Rosalina, Kirby, and Mr. G&W.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I have to say Kirby wearing those glasses is the most hilarious thing I've seen in a while.
More hilarious (I guess):

And I was prepared for her reveal because of this comic that was posted on KYM few days earlier.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm still surprised (and somewhat happy) that they went with one of the most violent and gruesome summon.
Gomorrah sure is recognizable, but... He definitely eat the opponents alive! They don't get sent away, they just die directly!

Anyway, I'm still happy that she is there. She is THE third party character that I wanted (and I got Ryu as a good bonus).

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Not sure if its widely known but the song list on the Bayonetta stage was in the direct! A lot of golden ones in here! (Take THAT Cloud)

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3x2dok/febuary_stage_tracklist_with_links_to_songs/
This is really good to see. I'm not overly familiar with Final Fantasy 7's music, but I was disappointed to see that the Wii U version only has two songs, and I don't believe that either one was remixed. (they're good songs, but you'd think they'd have six or seven for a Wii U stage)

I'm not familiar with all of the Bayonetta songs by name, but the ones whose names I recognize are great choices! I'll have to listen to the others to see if I remember them.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Still sad that copyright stuffs prevents us from getting Fly Me To The Moon and Moon River, but ah well. Happy that they gave us Red & Black ~

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I can see The Clock Tower being a counterpick.

The disappearing and reappearing platforms is something to get use to but it'll be like Pokemon Stadium 1 in that sense. Plus the monsters in the background are just there for show.

Trust me if Halbeard and Garbage ass Delphino Plaza are legal then so is this

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Still sad that copyright stuffs prevents us from getting Fly Me To The Moon and Moon River, but ah well. Happy that they gave us Red & Black ~
The music selection definitely went through copyright problems (actual music composed by Bart Howard, rights to use Helena Noguerra's voice), and even Tomorrow is Mine and Mysterious Destiny are instrumental remixes (with an epic sax as the voice).

But the music selection still is on point (especially compared to one cyberpunk city).

One of a Kind, Legend of Aesir and Let's Dance Boys. These three tracks alone is a pure win.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
The music selection definitely went through copyright problems (actual music composed by Bart Howard, rights to use Helena Noguerra's voice), and even Tomorrow is Mine and Mysterious Destiny are instrumental remixes (with an epic sax as the voice).

But the music selection still is on point (especially compared to one cyberpunk city).

One of a Kind, Legend of Aesir and Let's Dance Boys. These three tracks alone is a pure win.
We got After Burner (infinite climax) Aswell! <3

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Eventually we'll finally ditch :smashville:and it's ****ty music.

Last edited:

wpwood

Smash Apprentice
So are we all ignoring the fact that Villager is on the side of evil in her reveal art? Yeah Lucina is there too, but they need some characters to fit in. I think that just confirms that Villager is evil and locks people in his / her basement. February is going to be a good month.

That blue Bayonetta though. Dibs :chuckle:

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Bayonetta strikes me as a more fancy ZSS more than she does Falcon, he's not even that flashy. Hell she reminds me more of Greninja than Falcon,

Either way, while I can't say for sure that I'll secondary her, I do love my fancy combo characters and she'd fit right in with Greninja and might make me drop Lucas for real.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
We got After Burner (infinite climax) Aswell! <3
Yeah!

Again, I really like the music selection. Sure, there's tons of musics I like that aren't on the stage, it maybe miss some of the "epic" musics (I really wanted the Greatest Jubilee) but it's still diversified and made of iconic musics.

We have the main themes, the climax ones, Jeanne's themes, and some epicness. + After Burner and Let's Dance Boys.

It's not exactly perfect, but close.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Yeah!

Again, I really like the music selection. Sure, there's tons of musics I like that aren't on the stage, it maybe miss some of the "epic" musics (I really wanted the Greatest Jubilee) but it's still diversified and made of iconic musics.

We have the main themes, the climax ones, Jeanne's themes, and some epicness. + After Burner and Let's Dance Boys.

It's not exactly perfect, but close.
I was kinda hoping for Loptr's battle theme but aaaaah everything else is so good so I'm fine <3

Last edited:

wpwood

Smash Apprentice
It's gonna take a while to get used to recovering with her. Up b > Jump > Up b. Different from every other character I play.

Last edited:

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Im overall pretty happy with the songs we got, theres some good ones missing...but like, you cant fit ALL of the OST on the stage.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The day before the broadcast, I told my friends there were only two characters that could make me drop Cloud (as I was 100% intent on maining him). Phoenix Wright, and Bayonetta.

The last trailer for Smash started playing, and part of me felt like it was Issac for some reason. But then, I heard those words...

"Oh. Another angel. Must have missed one~"

And then just like that, Cloud was dropped as my main before he even became it.

Basically, my point here is 90% of my time in Smash now will be dedicated to playing Bayonetta. I will learn all the combos I can.

Top Bottom