• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ganons of today.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
This in an interesting topic, the notion of a 'best' playstyle. The arguement against it is that the way you play fits you the best, therefore you can play to the best of your ability. But what if you change and do something better? Maybe there is a best playstyle. I don't want to sound ******** but let me put this out there. What is the difference between a best playstyle and a best character? One could argue that fox isn't the best, but rather a tier list would have to be based upon the player. I'm not talking about a rehaul of your playstyle but maybe making x decision instead of y or approaching a certain matchup differently. Just something to consider.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well you have to adapt to the opponent regardless, I do have a distinct style anyway. You will have to change in battle no matter what. Though it's really hard to do the right things all the time.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
your signature is of a brawl mk player wut do you know about being a top player?!?!??!
:dazwa:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
lol that thread was so ********, people complaining about splitting... they should get better so they can't split or play a better game and use ganondorf

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Because lately quite a few ganon's have been guilty of unnecessary flash that leaves them vulnerable or causes then to miss out on golden opportunities.

Brookman

Smash Hero
oh, see, I was under the impression that kage is the only ganon player. Did something change in the last 6 minutes that I was unaware of ??

Brookman

Smash Hero
So, you mentioned 'golden' opportunities. Are ganon player's are missing out on full scholarships and 6 figure employment??

Renth

Smash Hero
So, you mentioned 'golden' opportunities. Are ganon player's are missing out on full scholarships and 6 figure employment??
If you have nothing constructive to bring to the discussion, why do you come here to waste our time with trolling?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Lol, YES. Being flashy unnecessarily is basically like partying your way through college. Very few can get away with it.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Nah **** that ****, just go off stage for heroic KOs with wavelanding and **** lol. Reverse upair into reverse fair or some stuff like that lol.

Walt

Smash Ace
I'm a big fan of the reverse uair edgecancel off a plat > reverse uair edgecancel off the stage > stomp

I saw it in a dream one time

Renth

Smash Hero
Also, I don't know if you even play this game anymore and if you do. I will be the first to laugh hysterically when you lose to a ganon player that isn't Kage. Since you seem to believe he's the only one.

Manondorf

Smash Cadet
Dennis is too good.

On another note: Reverse uair when you knock someone on the ground to make the get up instantly, it has to be the tippy toes that hits the opponent.
I've been practicing that recently. I set it up like dthrow at low% and if they DI behind I try to tap them with reverser uair. Seems to work well against marth between 30%-40%. Since I have problems with marth I've been thinking of ways to get as much % as I can, until I can get him to 80%-100% when I can kill his ****azz.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Dennis is the ****ing man. No one ***** me at pound more than he did. And I played guys like cactus, macd, linguini, amsah, etc. That guy will catch almost every mistake you make in dittos. There were so many instances where my spacing was super good but his was PERFECT. and against a good Ganon you're pretty much f'd as soon as you lose an exchange, with a few exceptions.

Renth

Smash Hero
RockCrock is traumatically good.

Ganondorf's a fun character for me to use, until people decide to roll out that tent and roast those marshmallows. Chasing campers around all match is so boring.
That's really funny coming from Video Game Camper Ricky!!

jk jk i just playin.

Renth

Smash Hero
There wasn't even a ganon player at genesis. Can we let this thread die please?
Do you even exist anymore? Correct me if I'm wrong, two ganons made bracket.

I'm tired of your troll posts i'm calling you out be at RoM 3. If i can't make it to RoM i'll be at Apex.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Do you even exist anymore? Correct me if I'm wrong, two ganons made bracket.

I'm tired of your troll posts i'm calling you out be at RoM 3. If i can't make it to RoM i'll be at Apex.

Actually, I already went to ROM 3. It was pretty cool. That's where I played rockcrock/kage. potentially, in ganon dittos. Hmm, I didn't .. .see you tho?? Cort even made it out.

Renth

Smash Hero
Actually, I already went to ROM 3. It was pretty cool. That's where I played rockcrock/kage. potentially, in ganon dittos. Hmm, I didn't .. .see you tho?? Cort even made it out.
LOL it's RoM 4 already? jesus christ I have been out of the loop quite a long time. Either way, your posts confuse me with it's humor/trolling nature.

Either way, planning on going to either RoM or Apex. Hope to meet/play you then.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
after Genesis and watching Kage play, I'm inspired to start playing Melee again. I played with Silly Kyle this weekend after having not touched the game in a few months, and I felt like I had lost a lot of the bad habits I had and I was doing fairly well against Peach, my tech skill was rusty but I felt like was playing smarter and more reactive. I definitely did better than I used to.

Ganon is awesome.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
after Genesis and watching Kage play, I'm inspired to start playing Melee again. I played with Silly Kyle this weekend after having not touched the game in a few months, and I felt like I had lost a lot of the bad habits I had and I was doing fairly well against Peach, my tech skill was rusty but I felt like was playing smarter and more reactive. I definitely did better than I used to.

Ganon is awesome.
Ohh, that's awesome! I'm glad you are playing again! =D

Top Bottom