• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Ganonic Grimoire - Kongregation of Kings

mgleed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mgleed
Brushed off some of my Photoshop rust today to portray how Old Manondorf might have looked in Hyrule Warriors. :)

Roy of Pharae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4442-1640-3373
Sakurai said development has ended and he's taking a vacation. No more patches or characters everyone.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
Nah I think this is truly the final patch. I don't think he's going to touch this game again unless we get an NX port and he decides to do even further changes but tbh I doubt that'll happen

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
Well, this just means we'll need to discover new tech to alter our meta-game. I'm ready for labbing if you all are :)

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Well, this just means we'll need to discover new tech to alter our meta-game. I'm ready for labbing if you all are :)
With that said, I'm pretty sure going for B-air after D-throw is optimal once U-air and N-air stop comboing.

It's a true combo if they muck of their DI, is possible at a massive range of percents including kill percents, and is totally safe to go for even if they do DI it.

We should also look more into our options out of Aerudo, particularly against getup attacks. Some getup attacks only hit on one side at a time, meaning we either have enough time to jump or can jump OoS after the first hit to land a F-air.

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
I highly doubt they'll just up and stop patching just yet. We'll probably see at least one or two more. One for the inevitable nerfs to Bayo and Corrin, and one for bug fixing (if not both in one big patch).

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Usual stuff: stomp I want cooler hairs stomp HOOAAH HE HI HU HA HO stomp.
On my side, I was thinking about the theory of the good Ganon, and lately came in contact with Undertale a.k.a. thegameyouseeeverywhereonthewebofthesetimes, and noticed how part of that theory could be carried over Undertale, where
You got this child who you get to name (default name being Chara, like character) who is the first human to fall into the underworld, the reign where are the other species in that world: the monsters. After that and after living with them for some time she suddently poisons some of them and herself so that her friend, the first moster she met could take her soul and open the portal to the human world(monsters can take humans' souls and vice versa), her soul wanted to induce her friend to kill humans, as by gathering seven human souls the portal is destroyed, wich seemed to be her goal, it is unknown why she wanted to commit genocide.
The character controlled is named Frisk and falls into the underworld. Just like happened before, Chara tries to take over Frisk, make her kill the whole underworld, including the one who took care of her from there, gather the souls and destroy the world as a whole. It's up to the player whether follow Chara(genocide route), refusing to kill a single monster(pacifist route) or taking a balance(neutral route). What drew my attention for Chara is not only how she influences Frisk not differently from how Demise does in the theory. The deal with not killing anyone is that you don't gain experience, in fact, after beating the game in the genocide route Chara breaks the fourth wall and says how she is "a demon that is summoned by calling his name" that got awakened by the player's choices and how she searched ATK, DEF, EXP, LVL, GOLD, a.k.a. power. So I started to think of Ganon from a Frisk-like perspective, with his sins crawling into his back while the world around him changed because of his actions, his actual hopes being to fail in his attempts despite the demon compulsively trying (in Frisk's case, by the power to reset the world a.k.a. saving) to reach his goals. Maybe in another timeline he could even have overcome the demon and befriended Link and the Hylians(maybe not considering that Ganon actually got something against them by himself).
That was quite a way of seeing it that I got.
All I know for sure is that I want a Zelda game with Ganon being playable.
Inb4 Hyrule Warriors.

Last edited:

mgleed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mgleed
Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Do Ganon's B-air and F-smash have partial intangibility/Z-axis shenanigans? Cause sometimes it really does look like stuff just passes through Ganon's legs on both these moves.
He thrusts all of his existence through his elbow.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
He thrusts all of his existence through his elbow.
I thought that he just crushed the Fabric of the Universe during that animation, actually.

By the way, you, Ray and Vermanubis did all do a good job rapresenting Ganon to SmashCapps.

Speaking of this, this same evening(wich right here is like two or three hours ago) I harnessed Ganoness to its fullest, I'm gonna do a video about that ASAP, if all goes well it might come out in this weekend. The more I think about it, the harder it is to not think at these three soundtrack, I have yet to decide wich to put in the video, though.

Last edited:

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
Its been about 6 months since my thumb got crushed. 5 months since the thumbnail fell off/came out. AND NOW ITS ALMOST BACK TO NORMAL WHERE I DONT FEEL WEIRD SENSATIONS IN MY THUMB.

MY ONSLAUGHT SHALL COME!

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
You know, I've been feeling disappointed for a while now. Playing Ganon in Smash 4 is fun and there's a great community, but...

The rewards aren't worth the effort I put in, not that it even gets anything in the way of results anyways.

This last patch, the introduction of two characters who are easily and obviously good out of the box and the introduction of the Bayo-Ganon matchup, and all but confirmation that it will be the last patch for the game ever, and it hit me.

Until somebody else starts designing this game, I will always be playing a character gimped by the engine, the other characters, and the designers themselves. There will be no help for Ganon and no love for Ganon mains, and in the end it's just not worth the time, effort, money, and frustration.

Wake me when Sakurai pulls his head out of his rectum.

Good night.

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
You know, I've been feeling disappointed for a while now. Playing Ganon in Smash 4 is fun and there's a great community, but...

The rewards aren't worth the effort I put in, not that it even gets anything in the way of results anyways.

This last patch, the introduction of two characters who are easily and obviously good out of the box and the introduction of the Bayo-Ganon matchup, and all but confirmation that it will be the last patch for the game ever, and it hit me.

Until somebody else starts designing this game, I will always be playing a character gimped by the engine, the other characters, and the designers themselves. There will be no help for Ganon and no love for Ganon mains, and in the end it's just not worth the time, effort, money, and frustration.

Good night.
If I win my next tournament, would you come back to us? Can I convince you it <can> be done?!

I really can't blame you though.

Last edited:

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Bayonetta
Ugh, Stupid Wannabe Bayonetta with her "infernal demons" and whatnot.

I swear, one day we'll have a crew battle with their board and show them what a real demon is.

My opinion on Ganon bounces all over the place. Sometimes things like F-smash, U-air and the like make him seem borderline overpowered.

Then you get hit because you wizkicked someone at low percent and you wonder, "who's responsible for this"?

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ugh, Stupid Wannabe Bayonetta with her "infernal demons" and whatnot.

I swear, one day we'll have a crew battle with their board and show them what a real demon is.
But she's a witch... A witch who made a pact with a demon... She's about as demonic as a can of Colon Blow.

Deotay

Smash Cadet

Good night.
I've been having very similar thoughts but one thing I've found that really helps is just playing other competitive games. I've been playing a lot of Guilty Gear Xrd and Street Fighter V and it's really helped me take a step back from my Smash 4 frustrations. Because I have these other games, it doesn't feel like I'm losing everything because Ganondorf isn't working out.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Stop playing Ganon? I did not know this was an option.

I am one with the abyss; our hunger is eternal, our might inexorable, our ascendancy inevitable.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
^Good Evil luck for that.
The deal with having to write three things in a single post is that you can only guess the reason of the likes you receive, though I guess it's for those mp3 in spoilers.
Speaking of that, the video I talked about is out, I'll leave it in the video thread.
Edit: done

Last edited:

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
So Bayonetta is basically 500% stupid. Imagine if they took Ganon's premise as a character and removed every single weakness from it.

Seriously, this nonsense makes Sheik v Ganon look tame. I really hope we can find something we have against her.

Last edited:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
So Bayonetta is basically 500% stupid. Imagine if they took Ganon's premise as a character and removed every single weakness from it.

Seriously, this nonsense makes Sheik v Ganon look tame. I really hope we can find something we have against her.
No witch can tell a warlord what to do.

Last edited:
Top Bottom