• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Ganonic Grimoire - Kongregation of Kings

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
I dunno... I still find this kind of post a little bit... Odd to post here. I know, they respect the topic's function, but I don't think people would find a lot of interest of saying such things.

But then I remember that I sometimes make posts like that on the Skype group and then I learn some pretty neaty stuff, so there's that.
I'm sorry. Didn't know what I was doing.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Allllright evil overlords, confess.

Which one of you brought upon this combo of COMPLETE MASS DESTRUCTION to a fellow brother? Or is this how dark lords usually train against each other? If so, then this is the most malicious training methods I've ever seen... I must take notes.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43

Which one of you brought upon this combo of COMPLETE MASS DESTRUCTION to a fellow brother? Or is this how dark lords usually train against each other? If so, then this is the most malicious training methods I've ever seen... I must take notes.
Japanese Ganons are a beautiful sight to behold.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Nah, you weren't doing something wrong.
I wasn't, but the real factor is that kind of made me look like an idiot, which, I admit, is something I can be good at. I just had a really good day with Ganondorf.

I'm thinking of picking him up - I do play him for fun, but his down tilt, up smash, and back air are really good. Combo ability and range, and power on down tilt, the up smash's non existent end lag and power, and back air. It's short, but it's so good for spacing, is really powerful and easily auto cancels.

I'm probably not as good as you guys out there who play Ganondorf and know-it-all about him. I do have some knowledge about him, and the sheer force on some of his moves excite me.

Got any tips for him?

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
GanonTheBeast has a twitter now if anyone is interested in contacting him. GanonTheBeast is his username.

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
I wasn't, but the real factor is that kind of made me look like an idiot, which, I admit, is something I can be good at. I just had a really good day with Ganondorf.

I'm thinking of picking him up - I do play him for fun, but his down tilt, up smash, and back air are really good. Combo ability and range, and power on down tilt, the up smash's non existent end lag and power, and back air. It's short, but it's so good for spacing, is really powerful and easily auto cancels.

I'm probably not as good as you guys out there who play Ganondorf and know-it-all about him. I do have some knowledge about him, and the sheer force on some of his moves excite me.

Got any tips for him?
Try to understand flame choke, dash attack, and wizkick's limitations, as they are all useful but are quite misused by many Ganons(even me)

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Good evening, sirs. I was just dropping by to share that I'll be going to my first tournament tomorrow, a bi-weekly in Detroit. It should be fun but I'm expecting to get wrecked. I've been practicing tech and understand the general points about most match ups, but I am sorely lacking in player to player experience and have a hard time performing to my ability when in new places/situations. Any general tips on what to do to get the most out of my first tournament are welcome!

Also, if any of my matches happen to be streamed, I'll be sure to post at least one representative recording in the video thread for critiques.

EDIT: Thanks for the tips and support, everyone. I ended up doing pretty poorly but I met a lot of people and got a some good friendlies in. I felt better knowing that some of the people I consistently defeated in friendlies went a few rounds farther than I did. Nerves definitely got the best of me but I think I'll be more prepared for the next one.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Good evening, sirs. I was just dropping by to share that I'll be going to my first tournament tomorrow, a bi-weekly in Detroit. It should be fun but I'm expecting to get wrecked. I've been practicing tech and understand the general points about most match ups, but I am sorely lacking in player to player experience and have a hard time performing to my ability when in new places/situations. Any general tips on what to do to get the most out of my first tournament are welcome!

Also, if any of my matches happen to be streamed, I'll be sure to post at least one representative recording in the video thread for critiques.
Go in with confidence, don't expect defeat because you'll have already lost. If you happen to lose, assess the situation and ask yourself why, don't take the losses hard but rather use them as a stepping stone to the top.

Remember you're playing to win, which means going for the dirtiest tactics :) . Do anything you have to and if they crowd doesn't approve that's a non-issue. I've never met anyone who hasn't been on my side cheering even when I'd ledge camp lol, only people that ever cheer against me are when it's there friend. People love them some dorf, especially a good one such as yourself. I know you don't think much of yourself but I literally saw one spamming warlock punch >_>.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace

Well, it's not like you can have player-to-player experience without experiencing(pun not intended) player-to-player interaction, just tone down your tension, you need to focus on the matches you are going to have, not on you not being able to withstand them, wich may look stupid to read but that's the main problem with first tournaments; if you focus on the fact that you are getting rekt rather than the match itself where you are getting rekt, of course you will continue getting rekt, it's simple as that, good luck anyway.
And of course it would be a pleasure to analize your matches.

Last edited:

verbatim

Smash Ace

Play as much friendlies before it starts as possible. The best way to improve is player v player offline, and the more your warmed up the better you'll do.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
While playing around with my customizations, I have noticed something in regards to the Reverse Warlock Punch...

If Ganondorf's attack value is +85, he can pretty much 1-hit KO a default character with Reverse Warlock Punch at the center of any Omega form stage, if his/her weight value is less than 104; Yoshi survived getting 1-hit KO'd, but not Shulk. This means that even average weight fighters can't survive that boosted attack if they don't boost their defenses.

Also, Bowser Jr. can't survive a Reverse Warlock Punch that's that powerful without defense boosts, since the attack hits his body, instead of the Koopa Clown Car.

Setting a fighter's defense value to +43 can help ensure that he/she can avoid getting 1-hit KO'd by the +85 attack Reverse Warlock Punch, but those who are lighter than Mr. Game & Watch can still get 1-hit KO'd at the Omega form stage's center.

Last edited:

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
While playing around with my customizations, I have noticed something in regards to the Reverse Warlock Punch...

If Ganondorf's attack value is +85, he can pretty much 1-hit KO a default character with Reverse Warlock Punch at the center of any Omega form stage, if his/her weight value is less than 104; Yoshi survived getting 1-hit KO'd, but not Shulk. This means that even average weight fighters can't survive that boosted attack if they don't boost their defenses.

Also, Bowser Jr. can't survive a Reverse Warlock Punch that's that powerful without defense boosts, since the attack hits his body, instead of the Koopa Clown Car.

Setting a fighter's defense value to +43 can help ensure that he/she can avoid getting 1-hit KO'd by the +85 attack Reverse Warlock Punch, but those who are lighter than Mr. Game & Watch can still get 1-hit KO'd at the Omega form stage's center.
That + new SA on reverse WP = RIP

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Man do I hate the mirror, shoutouts to gunblade for pooping on me round 3 lmao. I got 4th, lost to that tena that knocked out gohan awhile back 2-1, I missed a tech and ate an usmash that I think cost me my last game but shoutout to Arch for being an amazing tena and a cool guy.

Really though when Gunblade told me he was gonna mirror I could feel a loss coming, glad I got to play him regardless though despite an admittedly shameful defeat since it was bad. Been avoiding the mirror since I hate it but with the potential gunblade I gotta really stop running from it.

I didn't get a chance to footstool combo like I intended either, didn't wanna force it since it's a low percent thing.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That + new SA on reverse WP = RIP
Humorously, while experimenting with the different defense values, I saw the +85 attack Reverse Warlock Punch easily 1-hit KO Zero Suit Samus, Meta Knight, Pikachu, Little Mac, and Falco, while Fox, Rosalina, and Mr. Game & Watch survived. These scenarios happened because Fox, Rosalina, and Mr. Game & Watch all had a +43 defense, while the other mentioned characters had lower defense values with their customizations.

It just goes to show how defense boosts can influence the amount of damage and knockback that a fighter receives from certain attacks.

Last edited:

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90

My God... I literally have to peel myself away from this clip, due to how much I'm dissecting this beautiful mess of a massacre.

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
M2 got buffs so I quit him :)

I know that logic too man, I'm addicted to low tiers.

Loved brawl Luigi but felt dirty playing him in Smash4 until they nerfed him.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
M2 got buffs so I quit him :)

I know that logic too man, I'm addicted to low tiers.

Loved brawl Luigi but felt dirty playing him in Smash4 until they nerfed him.
Not really because of the buffs, more like i realized i suck with him lol.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile

verbatim

Smash Ace
Pon took like 17th at a stacked Japanese regional a month ago.

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
They changed it a lot since I posted that, but basically, the weird thing was a random Ganon named Kagura was #1, GTB was #4 and Pon was randomly in there.

Edit: Okay, it still <is> pretty weird. Though, I doubt it matters now, since the thread's been put in file 13.

Last edited:

verbatim

Smash Ace
Kagura's a player known but not powerranked player from the same region as the person managing the list, he could have been a placeholder or maybe they just didn't know much and picked the Ganondorf's that they knew. I think it was just a palceholder since there are better Ganondorf's in the immediate region.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I believe if they want to do a player/character ranking thread, they should follow my example and start at the individual character community level. Keeps things more focused and much less messy especially since people will be more familiar with social dynamics in the smaller community, which streamlines things.

Amused you linked my thread Vermanubis Vermanubis . I'm not one to advocate for its absolute accuracy, but I do believe the approach has been successful.

Gunblade789

Smash Ace
I believe if they want to do a player/character ranking thread, they should follow my example and start at the individual character community level. Keeps things more focused and much less messy especially since people will be more familiar with social dynamics in the smaller community, which streamlines things.

Amused you linked my thread Vermanubis Vermanubis . I'm not one to advocate for its absolute accuracy, but I do believe the approach has been successful.
I agree. You da man. My Ganon is mad rich from all the money matches. I love you all!!!

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Guys this just happenes a while ago when i was high its the dirtiest thing/combo i have ever done with the Evil Lord.

Just watch....its insane...

Its how i finish him . . . .

Last edited:
Top Bottom