• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ganon Community Video Project Tread, Resurrected [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgleed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mgleed
After some deliberation with Ray_Kalm and Vermanubis, we've decided to open back up submissions for the Ganondorf Community Video, which I have volunteered to compile in Ray_Kalm's stead. It'll feature some of the best highlights and combos of the community, and I hope to make it similar to the style of Ray_Kalm's montages from Brawl--showcases of raw Ganondorf talent (1, 2) without any memes, and only a reasonable amount of special effects (as to not detract from the gameplay). I will do my best to make the montage as well as I can, both in quality of clips and quality of editing.

Many of you should have plenty of footage now that the game has been out for quite some time and since the Upload to YouTube feature has been implemented, so I expect, and hope, to complete the video quite soon (preferably within 2 weeks).

Guidelines.

Most of these will really only apply if I get an excess of submissions, but here are the guidelines I intend to follow, mostly in order of priority.
  1. I will only accept footage from the Wii U version
  2. I intend to keep the video around 10 mins in length.
  3. I will feature no more than 3-4 clips per player. (EDIT 2/26 maybe 5)
  4. I will prioritize featured clips by competitive/tournament play
  5. I will prioritize footage submitted by prominent players (tier list placement)
  6. I will prioritize footage submitted by users with the most Smashboards and other community activity
  7. I will prioritize footage that is highly impressive or creative
  8. I do my best to feature at least one clip from everyone who contributes, unless his or her only footage submitted is truly quite lackluster

Submission.
Anyone is welcome to submit epic demonstrations of Ganondorf dominance (though I will adhere to the above guidelines). Funny clips are acceptable, provided the clip involves skill and an opponent who is at least decent. Avoid plays that take a long time to unfold (such as JV3's, etc.), clips that feature miserably incompetent opponents, and clips that are just "disrespect." If possible, send clips that preserve the sound effects and leave out music, though this isn't a requirement. If you submit footage from the ditto, it must be very exceptional, as I'd rather not focus on the ditto. If you've already submitted footage for the old montage thread to Ray_Kalm, go ahead and forward it on to me.

In order of most optimal method to least, here are the ways I prefer you submit footage. (I am open to other reasonable methods, if these don't work for you.) Please don't submit more than four links (EDIT 2/26 you may send a few extra--I'll go through it all). Place an asterisk (*) next to the clip you want most featured, otherwise I will just pick what I think is the best.
  1. Post/PM me links to footage you've hosted through Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.
  2. Post/PM me links to YouTube videos AND specific times containg the clip(s) you want featured.
  3. PM me with the approximate timing of a moment in a replay (ONLY if the replay is longer than YT upload limit) and send the replays to my netid mgleed (this is the least preferable method, and I may not be able to capture all of clips submitted this way).

I have tagged some of the Ganondorf mains who participated in the old thread here, as well as others who I think may be interested.

If anyone disagrees with the guidelines I've described, etc., please let me know your concerns below.

Also, please post music suggestions! I know I've already monopolized a lot of the Zelda remix tracks I thought were decent on my channel, so I'm open to pretty much any genre, especially music that is upbeat and fitting to Ganon.

I'm excited to see what you all come up with!

Last edited:

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Now I regret giving up YT for lent.

Oh well, I'll find a way to get my music suggestions posted regardless.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Pon, Potechi and Gungnir gave me a bunch of their replays on Onedrive, I will forward those to you mgleed mgleed along with my own few.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Pon has an account (he's following me).

The rest only have Twitter as far as I know.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I have some footage I'd like to submit, but foremost, I have some musical and stylistic suggestions! All of which I would not be the slightest bit offended if you chose to completely ignore.

Stylistically, I'd be in favor of omitting Zelda music completely. Call me a heretic, but while I think Koji Kondo's music is legendary, I feel like Ganon's theme is too overused, and all other Zelda music, while again good, just lacks melodic presence that I think could drive the montage. This is of course the opinion of one, all things considered in the scope of this project, one tiny participant.

Musically, here are some of the most viscerally <evil> songs I could think of:

- 4:30; 2nd movement of Dancing Mad

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I have some footage I'd like to submit, but foremost, I have some musical and stylistic suggestions! All of which I would not be the slightest bit offended if you chose to completely ignore.

Stylistically, I'd be in favor of omitting Zelda music completely. Call me a heretic, but while I think Koji Kondo's music is legendary, I feel like Ganon's theme is too overused, and all other Zelda music, while again good, just lacks melodic presence that I think could drive the montage. This is of course the opinion of one, all things considered in the scope of this project, one tiny participant.

Musically, here are some of the most viscerally <evil> songs I could think of:

- 4:30; 2nd movement of Dancing Mad
Agree that Zelda songs are good but overused in Ganon montages and we can find other options that work better. Also Vermanubis Vermanubis I remember one of those songs from "Purge of Delusion" and now I really am wishing you had a Wii U and were making "Purge of Delusion 2." My personal favorite Brawl Dorf vid.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Agree that Zelda songs are good but overused in Ganon montages and we can find other options that work better. Also Vermanubis Vermanubis I remember one of those songs from "Purge of Delusion" and now I really am wishing you had a Wii U and were making "Purge of Delusion 2." My personal favorite Brawl Dorf vid.
That makes me really happy to know, man. :colorful: I was definitely very proud of how everything turned out, so I'm glad someone other than me liked it!

I'd love to make another vid in the same spirit. One that sync up with the music and has a strong thematic motif like the first one. If the now-almost-comically fabled day of my WiiU acquisition happens, you can count on it happening, especially now that I have a good capture card.

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
Music suggestions from yours truly! Fear the beats!

Clip possibilities
- first stock.
- end of first stock

I'll upload more when I have more.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
This is the original clip of my video.
If you want, I can make another video without that bullet time at the end.
I already have the two mp3 used in the description of the video I made, speaking of the authors
You can find some heavy music from Position Music, some of them are particularly aggreessive from their side, such as
Though As the Empire Falls is by far the most aggressive one, in fact I think it's too overwhelmingly aggressive for an use longer than a couple of dozens of seconds .
I scrapped this soundtrack for the video
From Switch you might find some place for this, but in general I don't think that his soundtrack are appropriate enough
For what concerns Phyrnna, she hardly does have aggressive enough music, but she has some solemn music sometimes, wich are those three soundracks, aside for Twins of Duality.

Last edited:

mgleed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mgleed
This is the original clip of my video.
If you want, I can make another video without that bullet time at the end.
I already have the two mp3 used in the description of the video I made, speaking of the authors
You can find some heavy music from Position Music, some of them are particularly aggreessive from their side, such as
Though As the Empire Falls is by far the most aggressive one, in fact I think it's too overwhelmingly aggressive for an use longer than a couple of dozens of seconds .
I scrapped this soundtrack for the video
From Switch you might find some place for this, but in general I don't think that his soundtrack are appropriate enough
For what concerns Phyrnna, she hardly does have aggressive enough music, but she has some solemn music sometimes, wich are those three soundracks, aside for Twins of Duality.
Thanks for the track suggestions! I'll check em out. As far as the clip goes, if it's not too much trouble, it'd be great if you had the clip without the effect at the end. I can work with it if it's not possible, though. :)

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Thanks for the track suggestions! I'll check em out. As far as the clip goes, if it's not too much trouble, it'd be great if you had the clip without the effect at the end. I can work with it if it's not possible, though. :)
Here it is
I also posted the extended version of Organ Jaws.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
It's a calmer song but i would like to suggest this song for the video :):
Also i'll try to get some clips in too.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
@jmanup8 if i sent in all my footage of you and me gleed wouldnt need any more ;)

Edit:

1:07 to 1:12

0:48 to 0:58

0:17 to 0:28 (Sorry Gleed lol)

0:09 to 0:15

2:35 to 2:48

Beat that ya ****s

Last edited:

mgleed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mgleed
Intro's pretty much done and about half the music is down. I've used a few of the suggestions here, but I'm still looking for more tracks if you've got them!

More importantly, remember to send clips! I've only received clips from about 8 ganons so far, for maybe 1/3 of the video length I'm aiming for. If I get enough quality gameplay and good tracks to go with it, I don't mind extending it a little.

Last edited:

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
More music:
A bit different, but variety yay.

Someone call for TECHNO?

Well someone had to post undertale.

I'll be sure to get some more clips to choose from.

mgleed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mgleed
Sykkamorre Sykkamorre You've got some heavy stuff in your last two posts, man (that Rats music video, lol). Let's Misbehave is so tempting, though...haha.

Last edited:

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
Sykkamorre Sykkamorre You've got some heavy stuff in your last two posts, man (that Rats music video, lol). Let's Misbehave is so tempting, though...haha.
Fear me, for I am the lord of tunes! x'D

Glad you like 'em! If you have preferences of styles I can probably find a few more or that type.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Old but a pretty slick combo right off the bat (tho I played really bad the rest of the set lol)

Even tho Zelda songs are overused this is probably my favorite tune when practicing Ganon, I will probably use it in my own ganon vid one day

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
When thinking about HalchyonicFalconX's music, I was focusing on solemn music, totally forgetting this unusual song of her, wich is instead dark, powerful and aggressive.
Well someone had to post undertale.
Eh, Megalovania and his remixes are just as ever-present in Undertale as Ganondorf's theme in his combo videos, it might have its same problems just because of the sheer popularity of the game.
I highly recommend Symphony of Destruction by Megadeth
Really fits Ganon
It fits Ganon so much that it isn't avaible in my country

Last edited:

ーBKー

Smash Rookie
NNID
x.irumi.x
Some random stuff, hope you like it
Generally not a fan of Warlock punches but i kinda liked this.
Funny stuff

Last edited:

mgleed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mgleed
Thanks everyone for your submissions and music suggestions. I've added a deadline for clip submission as the last day of February. Looking forward to more! The montage is coming along pretty well so far, I'm pretty well decided on the music, but I may add one more track depending on the amount I receive by the end of the month.

LifeMushroom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LifeMushroom1
I'll be sure to submit later!
A music suggestion from me:
It's a rock/metal-ish song that I think would fit in the montage.

P2Koyz

Smash Rookie
NNID
P2Koyz
NOTE: Since you will be prioritizing what goes in the video, I would like to mention that all the following footage was gotten on Anthers Ladder in ranked matches. I say this to let you know that this isnt some for glory shenanigans or friendly play.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l4q13svyni2uj8q/UpSmash.mp4?dl=0 (*)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ku3oan78d7k2ogq/reads1.mp4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/92el0fll4zyqa1w/reads2.mp4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8c1cjhc3sto611t/0death.mp4?dl=0 (Sorry about no sound, i couldn't fix it for some reason) (*)

mgleed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mgleed
Alright, here's the final reminder! This is the last weekend to get and submit your best Ganondorf gameplay. I'll be accepting clips through Monday, and then I hope to crank out the vid starting Tuesday and hopefully have it turned around fairly quickly. (But not rushed.)

I've received some really awesome clips from some of the greats, but we're still missing quite a bit of representation. I'd love to see more, particularly from: Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm , adom4 adom4 , Vermanubis Vermanubis , @Z1GMA, @A2ZOMG, Xinc Xinc , Blobface Blobface , @Pheonixmaster1, jmanup85 jmanup85 , @Deotay, @WwwWario, @GanonTheBeast,
@DanishButrCookies, @Omega Tyrant, @Jtails, @WiiDude83, @Jyro (and there's probably a lot more I'm forgetting)

I've also upped the clip limit to about 5 per Ganon, so if you have a particularly good extra clip or two you'd like me to review and you've already submitted others, feel free to PM them to me and I'll review them.

P.S. This is gonna be sick, get pumped!

Last edited:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
I'll try to search for some more clips, so far i have some games on my channel:

P2Koyz

Smash Rookie
NNID
P2Koyz
GLEEEED! You said you didnt like the flame choke tech chase that much, so sorry this is last minute but i have a better clip if you want to replace it! Personally I think its better and I consider it kinda impressive, but if you dont like it as much OR cant replace it/fit it in in time, thats fine. I just wanted to make up for my bad clip. Here it is anyway, check it out.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzljt96yv0qk83y/the best raw.mp4?dl=0

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
mgleed mgleed

Given that I'm about to go to China, where YouTube is blocked, I took the liberty of finding some of my FG clips, one tournament set, and
FG clips. Feel free to use whichever you deem is good.

http://youtu.be/jxpmuHAwWTc 1:34-2:00

http://youtu.be/RE9JQDkY5h8 0:25-0:32

http://youtu.be/1yjXM7ldL1E 0:43-1:22

http://youtu.be/_I75r1ngaZA 0:28-0:40

http://youtu.be/I_gHheuXEmc 0:35-1:18
Friendlies:

http://youtu.be/REMjFqausTM 0:55-1:00

Anthers:

http://youtu.be/nUMXaj2Z1EE 1:18-1:59

http://youtu.be/Z93tzVTSj5A 2:16-2:33

Tournament:
http://youtu.be/SbGbOlhNAOE 5:24-5:55 and 7-17-7:37