• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Game & Watch Match-Up Thread - CURRENTLY DISCUSSING OLIMAR

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
The New Game & Watch Match-Up Thread!

Usually when deciding on a match-up to discuss, it would be great if we could all agree on something. But seeing that we all have different playstyles, different opponents, and different preferences, we won't always be able to agree. So given we cannot decide on a new character we will put it to a vote. Now how this works is after I've confirmed "deciding on a new character", the first three posts after my message decide which character. If it ends up in a situation where there is no majority vote then we will have another vote on it - but only the three characters (opposed to the rest of the cast).

What we do from here is the next poster chooses from the three. People who have voted for a character are not allowed to decide (lol obviously).

Since the G&W boards aren't the most active boards so frequent and fast posting is good for keeping people still interested. Besides, I think most people are going to ask for help with the higher tier match-ups anyway so we shouldn't have to worry about "stupid" suggestions like Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon and Yoshi.

If you disagree with this style of voting and would prefer something different like giving it X number of days and the character with the most votes wins, please tell me through PM and if there are enough requests we can change the style. Alternatively we could simply work down the list so there won't be any disagreement at all (the list below) so Marth, Meta Knight, Diddy, etc. But for now, I think the one I suggested is going to be the most efficient.

Old Match-Up Index

:snake: Snake - 40:60

:toonlink: Toon Link - 45:55

:falco: Falco - 45:55

Marth - 35/65
Metaknight - 40/60
Diddy - 40/60

Donkey Kong - 50/50
Wario - 50/50
Zero Suit Samus - 50/50

King DeDeDe - 60/40
Ike - 60/40
Kirby - 60/40
Wolf - 60/40
Ganondorf - 60/40
Sheik - 60/40
Bowser - 60/40
Link - 60/40
Lucario - 60/40
Also please remember when giving a ratio, please state whose advantage it is. If not, then I will assume the number in front is GaW.

Exports should follow this format.
Summary

Tips

Mindset

Strategies

Stages

"Mumbo Jumbo" (specific information such as frame data)

Videos

Conclusion

"Notes" (the best quotes from the match-up discussion, other useful information)
If I am inactive with the match-up thread, but if you guys still want me to create exports then you guys can provide me with the information I need, PM it to me and I'll publish it. :)

In advance, credit goes to the G&W boards for their great attitudes and fantastic contributions, as well as any other character board who gladly helps us. :)

Page References
Snake: 1-3
Toon Link: 4-7
Falco: 8-10
Olimar: 12-

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I don't know where you got those ratios from, but a lot of them look ridiculously outdated.

Snake and Olimar are closer to 45/55. Falco is 4/6 his favor. Kirby and Bowser are about 7/3 G&W's favor. Those are the ones I'd be most comfortable arguing.

Splice

Smash Hero
^^
GaW also completely shuts down Sheik in spacing battles from my experience lol
And we can actually approach

I find that Warios cant sheild pressure GaW very well, and Fart is super punishable btw, and if you read it we can kill Wario with UpB OoS. GaWs aerials also beat Warios which makes air camping much harder for him, and thats how most warios play in my experience.
Super Armour on Fsmash and his close combat ability to abuse our spotdodge isnt an issue
Play very safe and dont get aggressive or let those things happen. I know they are easy to avoid and Wario doesn't pressure us that easily.

I agree with you on Snake and Marth though Makke
Snake is 60/40
Marth is 65/35

@A2Z : Falco isnt that bad is it? iirc UTD has complained about the MU in past but... idk, Australia has no Falcos now.

also I dont think Kirby gets ***** that hard. A smart kirby who spaces well, even if its an uphill battle, can just make it very annoying and hard for GaW. I'd say 60:40 our favour for Kirby is correct.

I feel Olimar is correct also, perhaps 50:50.

lol at the DK MU... =___=
Surely our gimps put it in our favour somewhat?

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
I don't know where you got those ratios from, but a lot of them look ridiculously outdated.

Snake and Olimar are closer to 45/55. Falco is 4/6 his favor. Kirby and Bowser are about 7/3 G&W's favor. Those are the ones I'd be most comfortable arguing.
You're right, it is. Its from the previous match up thread. I don't have enough tournament experience with GaW to make my own so I thought it was at least something to generate discussion.

Sheik 60/40? (Landtraps, GR into Dacus, Bair, Ftilt, Needles, Vanish if used right) 55/45 or 50/50 from my exp

Wario have slightly advantage over G&W, More like 55/45 Warios error-long grab, dair combos at low %, unpunishable Fart and super armor on Fsmash, kill early, Warios agility can be a problem in close combat when G&W is on the ground. -----------> DONT SPORTDODGE <------------

Snake isnt that hard as 35/65, both Marth and Snake have the advantage but Marth is harder imo.
Snake 60/40
What match ups do you propose arguing? Maybe we can start with Snake?

^^
GaW also completely shuts down Sheik in spacing battles from my experience lol
And we can actually approach

I find that Warios cant sheild pressure GaW very well, and Fart is super punishable btw, and if you read it we can kill Wario with UpB OoS. GaWs aerials also beat Warios which makes air camping much harder for him, and thats how most warios play in my experience.
Super Armour on Fsmash and his close combat ability to abuse our spotdodge isnt an issue
Play very safe and dont get aggressive or let those things happen. I know they are easy to avoid and Wario doesn't pressure us that easily.

I agree with you on Snake and Marth though Makke
Snake is 60/40
Marth is 65/35

@A2Z : Falco isnt that bad is it? iirc UTD has complained about the MU in past but... idk, Australia has no Falcos now.

also I dont think Kirby gets ***** that hard. A smart kirby who spaces well, even if its an uphill battle, can just make it very annoying and hard for GaW. I'd say 60:40 our favour for Kirby is correct.

I feel Olimar is correct also, perhaps 50:50.

I agree with most of what you said. ^^

From what I've seen Snake has been mentioned the most number of times, so shall we start there?

Splice

Smash Hero
Snakes a good starting point I guess.

60:40
cuz we can juggle
get lots of damage offstage
edgeguard well
use platforms well against him
kill him relatively early compared to other chars

However we get outcamped
he can actually beat us out when we plank
Approaching above 90% is damn risky because his Utilt will punish most things
We get shut down by Ftilt at close range
We get shut down by legit mine set ups and nades at a distance
Unless we have a platform set up that allows us flexibility

GaW wants to stay aerial, from my experience
What I do is I actually try to stay above Snake and wait for the opening.

Dealing with all the different mine setups gets really complex

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
Cool, so that's still a disadvantage for us? And let's talk stages.

Snake's stages: Final Destination, Smashville, Halberd..

GaW's stages: Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, Rainbow Cruise, Delfino Plaza..

Like who has more stages that benefit them and how do those play into the match-up? Does GaW have more stages that help him or does Snake? (I actually don't know because I normally stick to starter stages when I play).

Splice

Smash Hero
From my exp Sheik needle-camp us, Shieldgrab our nair & bair/ OoS nair on our bair + go for some landtrap-reads, ftilt get us on the ground (We punish her ftilt at low % tho) GR into dacus for kills and her upair can bet our key.
Bair goes through needles iirc
she cant sheildgrab you if you space well. if we have platforms its easy to get an approach off eventually. Dont be hasty.

Anyone can get reads. idk what landtrap reads are.

Her Ftilt isnt as good as our Dtilt.
Most Uairs beat our Key if spaced. dont be silly with key, and can throw her off with slowfall.

GR into DACUS is a problem but we can land kills way easier and way lower than that would work on us lol

Wario not laging on the ground if he use hes fart, that means we cant punish him hard, no one of our smashes will hit him and he can just jump away (Half charged fart)
No just use UpB OoS if you're on the ground and you can kill him.

And you dont need to punish with smashes, you can juggle him with nairs.
Dont be greedy

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
I see! Cool.. But this is kinda getting off topic. Post your two cents on the Snake match up.

Here's what I think.

Overview:
I think its ironic how whenever I play this match-up I'm never the GaW. I find Snake to be one of, if not the safest choice against GaW. Its a hard MU but not unwinnable.

Pros:
Splice has covered basically everything, but we also have great aerials. To expand that point about stages with platforms, I guess you could say it opens up more counterpick opportunities and a better chance of opening with a favorable stage (3/5 - BF, Lylat, Yoshi).

I can't believe how ridiculously early I die playing as Snake, getting killed by a surprise U-Smash or F-Smash as low as 130%.

I think its a useful point to mention that our key beats mortars and we have bacon to detonate the mines LOL.

Cons:
~We have to approach because he camps us.
~Snake has a bigger grab range and his moves come out faster, are stronger than us on the ground. And who can forget his broken tilts.
~We die very early.

Stages:
GaW
~Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon, Rainbow Cruise

Snake
~Final Destination, Smashville, Halberd, Pictochat

No idea about Castle Siege, Pokemon Stadium 1, Pokemon Stadium 2, Brinstar

Conclusion:
I just feel GaW has to really outplay Snake in this MU because any stupid or minor mistake will result in like 20%.. We have to approach and I feel he has a better ground game. However, to us, Snake is still killable unlike for Toon Link and Peach and the fact we do so well with platforms is kind of our redeeming factor in this MU.

40:60 Snake's favor.

I might look deeper into this and what I say might not necessarily be accurate anyway.

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
About the F-Tilt, I don't think so.. Because it comes out so fast and has stupid range, but yeah I'd like for someone to confirm it.

Splice

Smash Hero
I sometimes Jab -> Grab after sheilding first hit of Snakes Ftilt.
idk if our own Ftilt has time.

Brinstar ceiling too low
Pictochat is way too large, no way lol

Snake doesnt take us to Frigate Orpheon afaik. Thats where I take Snake lol

You can destroy Snakes mines with GaWs Dair without getting hit
and with Bucket without getting hit

May or may not eb faster than bacon.

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
Ooh kk. I thought GaW could maneuver around Brinstar a lot better and could play the lava to his advantage. And I just assumed Frigate was a good Snake stage because I see them CP it a lot. lol

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
First, Snake matchup:

Vs Snake is like REALLY super close to even imo. Like the only reason he even wins is because he does slightly better on neutrals, and maybe a CP stage or two. Although you do clearly beat him on a few stages (imo Lylat, Brinstar, and PS2 at least. Norfair as well if it's allowed).

The goal of the matchup is to basically play "don't get hit". Getting hit is always avoidable, just extremely costly in this matchup. You can poke him all day with fullhopped aerials and he usually can't stop it. Just keep an eye on where he puts grenades. It's not particularly hard to space to not hit his grenades, just you need to be watching where he pulls them.

If he F-tilts your shield, get ready to F-air/B-air/D-tilt oos as applicable. Snake will often try to hit confirm F-tilt 1 in an attempt to make it safer once he realizes that G&W is good at punishing F-tilt 2 on block. The key thing you have to realize is F-tilt1 is ALSO unsafe on block, and you can definitely hit him out of shield before he can shield after F-tilt1. Try to F-air/B-air him out of shield every so often when he does F-tilt1. The nice thing about this is if Snake tries to hit you with F-tilt while you're in the air, it does less damage and knockback.

The other basic thing that is important to get used to is threatening to grab Snake. When Snake pulls a grenade, it's a commitment where he cannot attack you. Get in the habit of running up to grab Snake when he pulls grenades. Eventually he'll either have to change his strategy or he'll start having to rely on defensive options to avoid the threat of your grab, at which point you have more freedom to pick him apart if he persay gets conditioned into spotdodging for example.

All in all you just want to do safe juggles, edgeguards, and then when the time comes you want to land a D-tilt on him so that he'll be offstage for an easy F-air KO. Or you want to read his landing and kill him with a Smash. At any rate controlling Snake with your superior spacing game is the goal, and once he's off his feet, make sure you pick safe and reliable options for damaging him.

While juggling him is good, D-throw is underestimated against Snake. The good thing about D-throw is it lets you more reliably set up into sweetspot F-air or D-tilt on a read, both of which are extremely helpful when trying to KO him. Comboing into Dash Attack after D-throw isn't a bad idea either, given the positional setup from Dash Attack is AMAZING in this matchup.

People complain Snake shuts down G&W when that's completely false. Falco shuts down G&W. A good Falco does EXACTLY what people have theorized Snake does to G&W, except he's easily MUCH better at doing that nonsense than Snake is. So actually playing against Falco isn't like playing against Snake at all. It's worse if they know what they're doing.

Although you can duck lasers, they still are lame to deal with since jumping against them is not wise. Falco's 2 frame Jab that outranges a lot of your ground moves, 6 frame F-tilt that is safe on block, as well as his broken F-smash which may be the longest ranged F-smash in the game after ZSS's and DDD's perhaps make Falco a nightmare to get in on.

Falco is also much harder to edgeguard than Snake. Granted, he gets punished much harder than Snake for screwing up, but his tools for actually controlling the match and picking you apart are by far better.

Okay see, Kirby not only just CLEARLY loses the spacing war against G&W, he can't afford to let G&W TOUCH him period.

If G&W touches Kirby, it's basically over for him. You juggle him, techchase him, and edgeguard him unfairly easily. There is almost 0 risk in just going for ridiculous followups on Kirby because his escape options are just bad, and unlike Snake he's one of the lightest characters in the game. He usually isn't going to kill G&W particularly early without a lucky U-smash or an F-smash near the edge.

Similarly G&W beats Bowser about 70/30ish for the same reasons. If Bowser lets G&W touch him, it's over. He cannot do anything if the G&W simply chooses his best options for juggling and edgeguarding after landing a hit. If you're having trouble against Bowser, you're probably letting him get up from the ledge for free too often.

I think we definitely beat DK. It's kinda like the Snake matchup, except his shield is outright terrible, his vertical killers are worse, and he gets wrecked harder on the edge.

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
Would anyone know if GaW's F-Tilt can punish the second hit of Snake's F-Tilt? Thanks

Spacing your tilts to their maximum range is one of your best ways. Also using F-Tilt 1 and not too also helps since 2 is way more punishable if they can shield it.

But really in most cases you can also just limit their options with projectiles and kinda herd them like sheep. Its fun.
And thanks A2 - that alone is probably all we need. :laugh:

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
Good luck with the new MU thread!

GnW boards can get inactive pretty easily, and discussion dies down quickly... and sadly a lot of us are quitting. But if anyone needs any help feel free to send me a message!
Thanks! ^_^ Will do!

Btw, what do you mean by "quitting"? Maining another character or Brawl as a whole? And how come? Lack of time and loss of interest I'm guessing? =/

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
So, my friend mains Snake. I'd say me and him are at the same level of skill, not to say I'm the greatest G&W out there, but I'd like to think I'm fairly good, as he is with Snake. There's a couple things you need to do to win.

1) Keep track of explosives, all characters have to do this. Blowing up isn't fun

2) Watch your dairs, misspaced dairs leads to damage, and getting damaged is bad is something you don't want

3) Be extra careful on Neutrals, these are waaaaaaay better for Snake than for G&W (Most of them that is)

4) Don't just use dthrow. Don't just use uthrow. Mixing up the use of them both is probably your best bet

5) UpB

6) Airdodging towards Snake is a nono.

7) If you have the lead don't approach

8) Skid cancel shield grab is godlike for grabbing Snake. Use it

9) If dash attacks clashes with a move, UpB away

10) Dash attack is good in this MU

Just some random things. I still think this MU is definitely 40:60 Snake's favor, maybe 55:45 on CPs

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
You never have to get hit by anything Snake does. His entire gameplan is either waiting for some random technical error or convincing you to do something stupid that he can punish unfairly hard. Grenades are EASY to see coming unless you're perhaps playing on a TV with bad resolution.

Especially on stages with convenient platforms, it's entirely feasible to get the lead, and proceed to not take any damage at all from that point on if you're extremely careful. If you get the stock lead against Snake, it pretty much should be GG at that point especially if you're platform camping on BF or Lylat. Watch out for his N-air shenanigans, pay attention to grenades as usual, and it should be fine.

On BF also, if Snake is below/in front of you while you stand on a platform, keep in mind that when he's standing, he's tall enough to D-tilt from that position. D-tilt's lingering hitbox is also good at protecting you from U-tilts.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Just gonna leave this here for reference: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244166

Unskilled G&W: 35:65
Skilled G&W: 45:55

Simply put, the trick to winning against Snake is to play safe and patiently. Have a clear mind during the game. Simple mistakes will cost you half your life worth in damage. You have more mobility than Snake, use that to your advantage.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
How to DI Snake moves/kill moves (aim for top corners):

Utilt: Front DI (pointing snake direction)
Ftilt: Up DI
FSmash: Erm... you're dead anyway.
Uair: Backward DI
Nair: SDI (behind or up) to avoid final hit.
Bair: DI Up.

Feel free to correct if you find any errors, or more accurate options.

Ah also, only Dthrow if you can condition your opponent into shielding, spot dodging, or you can predict what will he be up to.
Snake's Tech roll is very long, so don't get reverse-punished. :)

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
For utilt you say Front DI?

To clarify: Snake is facing right and you are facing left. Snake does Utilt (again facing right). The correct DI is left.

Here's my list pretty much the same thing, assume snake is facing right while performing any of these attacks:

Utilt: DI Left
Ftilt: DI Up, and ever so slightly left.
FSmash: DI Left, and somewhat up.
Uair: DI Left or Right, try to smash DI down first.
Nair: SDI out, if you get hit by the final hit, you don't need to DI it.
Bair: DI Up somewhat.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Can't people just say "towards" and "away" instead of left and right? There is FAR less ambiguity in those statements.

Grounded D-air you want to SDI to the sides. In the air, upwards generally.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Away and towards with respect to the direction the character is facing is not ambiguous.

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
Here is the draft for you guys to go through and ensure everything is in order. Does anyone have some recent videos I can include?

Many thanks to the GaW boards for contributing, especially Zac and A2.

I will also be including the quotes I used in collapse tags and everybody's opinion on the ratio to credit your contributions, as well as a link to the previous MU thread.

Match-up Thread Export: Snake

Difficulty
40:60 – Challenging

Tips
- Tip of D-Air U-Air from underneath, Chef’s projectiles, and an empty bucket can destroy Snake’s mine without GaW taking damage.

- On Battlefield, if Snake is below/in front of you while standing on a platform, keep in mind that when he's standing, he's tall enough to D-tilt from that position and that D-Tilt’s lingering hitbox can protect you from U-Tilts.

- You can set up some nice K.O.s with U-Ait -> smash.

Summary
- Game & Watch is light and dies early to Snake, even with Bucket Braking. But unlike other characters, Snake doesn’t live to ridiculous percents when fighting G&W.

- Game & Watch does very well on stages with platforms because he can juggle Snake. Platforms also ensure G&W doesn’t get shut down by legit mine set ups and Grenades at a distance.

- Game & Watch has a fantastic aerial game and can deal lots of damage off stage or while edge guarding.

- Snake’s entire game plan is either waiting for a dumb technical error or mistake which he can punish. His Grenades are also easy to see coming. G&W doesn’t have to get hit.

Mindset
- [Something everyone must do when fighting Snake is] have good stage awareness. Keep track of all of Snake’s explosives.

- The key to winning is to play safely and patiently. Have a clear mind during the game. Simple mistakes will cost you a ton of damage.

- Be unpredictable, but at the same time, your frame of mind should be “don’t get hit”. Remember that getting hit is always avoidable, just extremely costly in this matchup.

Strategies
- Snake has better tools on the ground. He has a bigger grab range, more range on his ground moves, and deals more damage so GaW wants to stay aerial. You can even try to stay above Snake and wait for the opening, keeping in mind that key beats mortar. Snake gets poked all day with full jump aerials [F-Air is particularly good]. Just keep an eye on where he puts grenades, which aren’t that hard to space anyway.

- If Snake F-Tilts your shield, get ready to F-Air/B-Air/D-Tilt OoS as applicable. Snake will often try to hit confirm F-Tilt 1 in an attempt to make it safer once he realizes that GaW is good at punishing F-Tilt 2 on block. The key thing you have to realize is F-Tilt1 is also unsafe on block, and you can definitely hit him out of shield before he can shield after F-Tilt1. Try to F-Air/B-Air him out of shield every so often when he does F-tilt1. You can also Jab -> Grab after sheilding first hit of Snakes F-Tilt.

- It is important to getting used to threatening to grab Snake. When Snake pulls a grenade he cannot attack you. Get in the habit of running up to grab Snake when he pulls grenades. Eventually he will either change strategy or start relying on defensive options to avoid the threat of your grab, at which point you have more freedom to pick him apart. GaW’s throws work wonders in this match-up. The ones you’ll be using the most are the U-throw and D-throw. U-throw is fantastic for setting up juggles and keeping him airborne. D-throw allows you to more reliably set up into sweetspot F-air or D-tilt on a read –both of which are extremely helpful when trying to KO him. You can also D-Smash him during the odd instance he uses the get-up attack.

- Dash attack is a great move to use – it has long duration and launches him into the air. Up-B is also great for escaping things or prolonging your air time. A good strategy would be to use Up-B to escape if Dash Attack clashes. You can also into Dash Attack after a D-throw isn't a bad idea either, given the positional setup from Dash Attack is amazing in this matchup.

Stages
- Play on: Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon, Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, Pokemon Stadium 2

Castle Siege?, Pokemon Stadium 1
?

- It's entirely feasible to get the lead on stages with convenient platforms, and proceed to not take any damage at all from that point on if you're extremely careful. If you get the stock lead against Snake, it pretty much should be GG at that point especially if you're platform camping on BF or Lylat. Watch out for his N-Air shenanigans, pay attention to grenades as usual, and it should be fine.

- Avoid: Final Destination, Smashville, Halberd, Pictochat

Mumbo Jumbo
DI

Assume snake is facing right while performing any of these attacks:

Utilt: DI Left
Ftilt: DI Up, and ever so slightly left.
FSmash: DI Left, and somewhat up.
Uair: DI Left or Right, try to smash DI down first.
Nair: SDI out, if you get hit by the final hit, you don't need to DI it.
Bair: DI Up somewhat.

Frame Data
Neutral B: 2 (after it explodes)
Side B: 82
Up B: N/A
Down B: 29
Fsmash: 41
Dsmash: 130 (hitbox on frame 2 after contact)
Usmash: 11 (snake's body), 29 (earliest mortar shell)
Ftilt: 4, *
Dtilt: 6
Utilt: 6
Nair: 10, 28, 46, 61
Fair: 23
Bair: 7
Uair: 10
Dair: 6, 23, 40, 57
Jab: 3, *, *
Dash Attack: 5
Standing Grab: 8
Dash Grab: 12
Pivot Grab: 9

* Variable input times

Videos
*Utdzac vs Razer
*Vinnie vs MVD
*Vex vs MVD

Conclusion
People complain Snake shuts down G&W when that's completely false. G&W easily gets around Snake’s projectiles. G&W plays in the air in this match-up which allows him to escape Snake’s nasty ground game.

All in all you just want to do safe juggles, edgeguards, and then when the time comes you want to land a D-Tilt on him so that he'll be offstage for an easy F-Air KO. Or you want to read his landing and kill him with a Smash. At any rate controlling Snake with your superior spacing game is the goal, and once he's off his feet, make sure you pick safe and reliable options for damaging him.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
It's not really important (well, not to the same level as some of the other tips/strategies) but UpB really helps if you're getting tech chased by Snake. Mix up get-up attacks and just getting up, as well as rolling every now and then, because just getting up will allow the Snake to utilt you.

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
Utdzac vs Razer
Vinnie vs MVD
Vex vs MVD

Click

Idk about any others,that's all I can remember that's recent.
Thanks Penta. What do you think of what I've posted? Allgoods?

It's not really important (well, not to the same level as some of the other tips/strategies) but UpB really helps if you're getting tech chased by Snake. Mix up get-up attacks and just getting up, as well as rolling every now and then, because just getting up will allow the Snake to utilt you.
Yeah that's true, but I think that's kind of a given when playing G&W. :)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Usually grabbing and throwing Snake is preferable. Then if you KNOW you have time, tossing the grenade at him can be good for pressuring him.

Top Bottom