• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Game Is Not Over" - An SSBM 10 Year Anniversary Combo Video

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
When Melee's 10th anniversary rolled around, I got the idea to make a combo video showing that this awesome game we play is still going strong. I've been working on this for a little over a month now, and I am proud to finally say that it's done!

On that note, I know it's not perfect. I tried to include a ton of different players, and I know there may be a few players/combos that I wasn't able to put in. Because of this, and the fact that I still have some leftover footage I'd like to use, I'll probably be uploading a bonus segment in the next week or two. I am also going to posting a download link for the video (along with DLs for the individual segments) within the next couple days for anyone who is interested.

All credit for the footage goes to the respective uploaders. MAJOR props to you guys.

Lastly, I hope you guys enjoy. I had a lot of fun making this, so I hope you have fun watching it. Any comments/feedback is greatly appreciated =)

Click to watch (and make sure to view in 1080p):
The Game Is Not Over

Have a Happy New Year!

Binx

Smash Master
Super good clips but music got really repetetive.

EDIT: For the record it isn't that the music was bad, whether it was my style or not I just got tired of it after like 8 minutes since you used similar sounding music for almost all of it.

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
Super good clips but music got really repetetive.
Thanks, and I'm sorry you didn't like the music. As I said in the OP, I'm probably going to make a bonus segment with footage I didn't get to use, so it's nice that I know what I can change or improve for that.

EWC

Smash Ace
Great video. I liked the music and the choice of footage was excellent and the pacing was pretty good. Wish you woulda included more old school stuff though.

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
Great video. I liked the music and the choice of footage was excellent and the pacing was pretty good. Wish you woulda included more old school stuff though.
Duly noted. I'm going to start putting together the old school clips I have saved up.

poega

Smash Apprentice
Truly epic combos, music wasn't bad at all. I hope people don't just blurt out they didn't like the music cus it is not what they normally listen to, as it is a subjective matter and pretty worthless criticism altogether.

ss118

Smash Master
I was the marth doing the combo on the ganon at 1:00 and I get no mention in the credits... T_T

jk though, amazing video and simply stunned I was part of it.

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
I was the marth doing the combo on the ganon at 1:00 and I get no mention in the credits... T_T

jk though, amazing video and simply stunned I was part of it.
CRAP. I'm really sorry I forgot you. I even double and triple checked my list of players to make sure I had everyone <_<

I'll add it in an annotation.

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
Seems like it lol. The style of music I used in this is called Glitch Hop. It's certainly different, but believe me, it grows on you. I know a lot of people who didn't really like this kind of music at first, but they soon wound up loving it. For the bonus segment I'm planning on making, I'll make sure to mix up the music, because I want people to like the videos; that's kind of the whole point.

P-99

Smash Cadet
Just came back to this thread to say that I loved the video, the music, everything. 10/10!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I didn't like it for the fact that most of the combos were already used in other combo videos... that's mainly why for me it wasn't that inspiring.

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
I didn't like it for the fact that most of the combos were already used in other combo videos... that's mainly why for me it wasn't that inspiring.
Actually, the only combo videos I got clips from were ariquenuubs and rapex2. Everything else was from normal matches.

*Edit: I just checked because I was kind of curious. I had a little over 100 clips, and only 15 of them were from either ariquenuubs or rapex2, so I only knowingly got 15 out of 100+ clips from combo videos. There may have been other clips I used that were in combo videos I wasn't aware of, but that's not where I got them from.

Jace08

Smash Lord
good stuff dude, I liked how you separated the segments; you picked some good footage (especially the 10 backthrows lol)

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
having just watched it...

Well... Anything critical i'd have to say is in nitpick territory (like how you had mango's insane combo on taj game 5 of pokemon stadium ala genesis 2 but no clip of the first stock taj took off mango that round which was just as hype)...

...but to paraphase zero punctuation, if i have to pay that much attention to find something to be critical about then that means it's indeed a great video. I'm gonna go watch it again :awesome:

:phone:

Top Bottom