• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Game Awards 2023: All the Winners

Game_Awards_2023_Win.jpg

Yesterday, The Game Awards 2023 streamed across the world. As usual, it came with a ton of game announcements and updates. And, of course, a new The Game Awards means we have a new batch of award winners! Here’s who won this year:
  • Best Game Direction: Alan Wake 2
  • Best Narrative: Alan Wake 2
  • Best Art Direction: Alan Wake 2
  • Best Score And Music: Final Fantasy XVI
  • Best Audio Design: Hi-Fi Rush
  • Best Performance: Neil Newbon in Baldur’s Gate 3
  • Innovation in Accessibility: Forza Motorsport
  • Games for Impact: Tchia
  • Best Ongoing: Cyberpunk 2077
  • Best Community Support: Baldur’s Gate 3
  • Best Independent Game: Sea of Stars (Available on Nintendo Switch)
  • Best Debut Indie Game: COCOON (Available on Nintendo Switch)
  • Best Mobile Game: Honkai: Star Rail
  • Best VR / AR: Resident Evil Village VR Mode
  • Best Action Game: Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon
  • Best Action/Adventure: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Available on Nintendo Switch)
  • Best RPG: Baldur’s Gate 3
  • Best Fighting: Street Fighter 6
  • Best Family: Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Available on Nintendo Switch)
  • Best Sim / Strategy: Pikmin 4 (Available on Nintendo Switch)
  • Best Sports / Racing: Forza Motorsport
  • Best Multiplayer: Baldur’s Gate 3
  • Best Adaptation: The Last of Us
  • Most Anticipated Game: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
  • Content Creator of the Year: Ironmouse
  • Best Esports Game: Valorant
  • Best Esports Athlete: Faker
  • Best Esports Team: JD Gaming
  • Best Esports Coach: Potter
  • Best Esports Event: 2023 League of Legends World Championship
  • Player’s Voice: Baldur’s Gate 3
And finally, there was one last award. The Game of the Year, the nominees were:
  • Alan Wake 2
  • Baldur’s Gate 3
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Super Mario Bros. Wonder
  • The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
And the winner was…

• Game of the Year: Baldur’s Gate 3

Author’s Note: Personally, I think 2023 was pretty great for gaming. With titles like Pikmin 4, Baldur’s Gate 3, Pizza Tower, Super Mario Bros. Wonder, Alan Wake 2 and a bunch of others, it definitely stands out as a strong year. But, what do you think? Please let us know in the comments below!

Credits:
Writing: Zerp Zerp
Thumbnail Graphic: Zerp Zerp
Social: Zerp Zerp

Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

I noticed they had a lot more security this time, security guards posted at every column of the seating between the stage and audience (in order to make sure only the winners and associates could go on stage), and rope partitions in between all of the security guards.

Which is a good thing of course, regardless of what you think of the content or winners, scumbag pranksters that rush onto stage like what happened in the previous event do nothing but take away from the hard work of the game developer's moments and are an overall detriment to the community. (And are a genuine safety concern).

Last edited:
I hate the game awards for multiple reasons the main one is that the main game doesnt just win in the categories were it makes sense but also in 5 to 10 Others!
I mean why the heck would a turn based rpg win best multiplayer?
also im seriously confused how Ganondorfs va didnt get a best performance nomination dude was cooking!
Also maybe thats just me but i havent heard anything positive about alan wake 2 at all?! Baldur´s gate 3 YES but Alan Wake?!
Also for the main nominations they reek of triple a, Overstuffed, Uncreative Games!
Maybe thats my personal preferance but the fact that TEARS OF THE KINGDOM Only wins a participation trophy just elludes me!
Also yes i heard from many how good baldurs gate 3 is fine its great i havent played it but i digress
BUT THE GAME HAD EARLY ACSSES FOR YEARS! like does it even cont for this specific year? same with genshin impact winning anythiong nowaday!
And then theres the dave the diver situation were a non indie game wins best indie!

Heck i might just say a bunch of bullocks after all apparently i want zelda branded cereal! But i dunno the game awards seem just really oscarish to me!

I hate the game awards for multiple reasons the main one is that the main game doesnt just win in the categories were it makes sense but also in 5 to 10 Others!
I mean why the heck would a turn based rpg win best multiplayer?
also im seriously confused how Ganondorfs va didnt get a best performance nomination dude was cooking!
Also maybe thats just me but i havent heard anything positive about alan wake 2 at all?! Baldur´s gate 3 YES but Alan Wake?!
Also for the main nominations they reek of triple a, Overstuffed, Uncreative Games!
Maybe thats my personal preferance but the fact that TEARS OF THE KINGDOM Only wins a participation trophy just elludes me!
Also yes i heard from many how good baldurs gate 3 is fine its great i havent played it but i digress
BUT THE GAME HAD EARLY ACSSES FOR YEARS! like does it even cont for this specific year? same with genshin impact winning anythiong nowaday!
And then theres the dave the diver situation were a non indie game wins best indie!

Heck i might just say a bunch of bullocks after all apparently i want zelda branded cereal! But i dunno the game awards seem just really oscarish to me!
Alan Wake 2 has been like getting some of the best reviews of the year. Like 10s across the board.

honestly i understand thinking Balders Gate winning best multiplayer is weird but it is a game designed around mutliplayer since its a DND game .

I noticed they had a lot more security this time, security guards posted at every column of the seating between the stage and audience (in order to make sure only the winners and associates could go on stage), and rope partitions in between all of the security guards.

Which is a good thing of course, regardless of what you think of the content or winners, scumbag pranksters that rush onto stage like what happened in the previous event do nothing but take away from the hard work of the game developer's moments and are an overall detriment to the community. (And are a genuine safety concern).
Hard agree

Top Bottom