• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The Game Awards 2019 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i'm assuming no smash reveal but i got bravely so i'm more than happy

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Fire Emblem gettin' some well deserved recognition.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Whenever I hear the word "citizens", I immediately think of that Beavis and Butt-head episode where the cop arrested the guy and told Beavis and Butt-head that they made a citizens arrest so they believed they could arrest anybody they wanted because they were citizens, then ran around pestering people.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Outside of the X Box console there's been NO mega watt reveals what so ever.

Either they saved everything for the end or just....fizzled this year.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Player's voice isn't an award per se, I don't think it counts as an award, at least for Geoff and company

D

Deleted member

Alright, I might be missing out on something, but did Green Day have a major comeback or something recently? Why does he keep hyping them up like they're the hottest band to ever exist right now?

ZelDan

Smash Master
Kind of a shame that fire Emblem Three houses won twice yet we've barely seen it at the awards beyond seeing Dimitri in that montage.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
isn't that just the plot to final fantasy 3 (as in the actual 3, not the game that's actually 6)
XIV borrows a lot from the other games.

3 was initially a primary influence in the Crystal Tower raid series from ARR, as that's where we actually went through the whole Xande story and faced off with the Cloud of Darkness, but then the Warrior of Darkness concept was introduced in Heavensward.

Shadowbringers brings it back and actually sends us to the world the Warriors of Darkness originated from; they were actually the Warriors of Light there and (supposedly) damned their world. We have to fix it.

Eden (FF8) is the raid series, FFV and VI heavily-inspired the raid-series from Stormblood, etc.[/spoilers]

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
everyone's losing hope too easily

always wait till the end, that's been a smash staple since the start

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Geoff tweeted out a thanks to House House for making the beaker trailer so I think that thing earlier about the developers not ok'ing the muppets segment might have been bogus.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Nintendo told us to watch TGA, but we've only gotten one Switch game so far.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I didn’t realize this thread existed, that explains why the Social Thread felt kind of empty.

Anyways, it’s kinda hilarious how Fire Emblem has gotten the fan vote.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You know, we may **** on Green Day

but Billie Armstrong does not look like a 47 year old. man's must got some fountain of youth skin care routine

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom