• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Frostbite 2017 Discussion Thread

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Well Ally still had one heck of a Losers Run gotta give him that.

Last edited:

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
The second shuton won 4 people joined the olimar discord saying shuton convinced them to play him lol

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Has Dabuz's olimar won a game this tournament?

Edit: Yes

Dabuz :rosalina: :4olimar: 3-0 Zinoto :4diddy:

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Can we stop with the pre-match hypeman shtick? It's pretty lame lol
Let them have their fun. It's better when their expectations get destroyed.

Lmao, his Olimar did way better against Zinoto than against ZeRo.
Yes, but he could defeat Zinoto with Rosa but decided to go Olimar anyways.

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
And today, we have another episode of "Bayonetta has issues killing you if you're smart" - Tsu lived to 205% that last game.

Tsu- :4lucario: 3-1 Salem :4bayonetta2:

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Salem is really well positioned for this Top 8. He could easily reach Winner's Finals at minimum. The only downside is if he does go out against Tsu he's likely to have an early run-in with Ally never mind, read the bracket wrong and it seems like it's most likely to be Dabuz or MKLeo.

Top 8 might not have Bayo in quantity, but....
I should not predict things

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
WHAT EVEN WAS THAT SET?!
Answer: the most hype set this tournament. legit hope slame makes it through ;losers and tsu beats zero so we can see that again.

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Does Salem have to fight Dabuz now? It does not bode well for him if he does

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
i'm kinda stunned a lucario is making top 3 at a tournament like this

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Yeah

But when you factor in that this Lucario actually has a neutral and can survive?

The surprise wore off lmao
People keep basing top character potential on the play from non-top players.

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Dabuz is up on Salem 2-0. Dabuz is Salem personal demon. I said facing Dabuz would be his worst case scenario.

Last edited:

Fenny

Smash Ace
everyone knew that the moment Salem ran into Dabuz in bracket he was getting eliminated

dunno what it is that Zack does that Salem doesn't, but whatever the difference is is what gets him shredded to pieces whenever they run into each other

Last edited:

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
everyone knew that the moment Salem ran into Dabuz in bracket he was getting eliminated

dunno what it is that Zack does that Salem doesn't, but whatever the difference is is what gets him shredded to pieces whenever they run into each other

My guess is that in the MU it's Bayo should just to go full aggro and try to always keep the pressure on Rosalina . Zack plays a more aggressive style Bayo and seems to do better in the MU as a result.
Salem was just playing right into Dabuz's hands by trying to outplay him in neutral and play the spacing game. That's why Salem fell for nearly every forward smash Dabuz threw out.

Last edited:

Fenny

Smash Ace
My guess is that in the MU it's Bayo should just to go full aggro and try pressure and overwhelm Rosalina . Zack plays a more aggressive Bayo and seems to do better in the MU as a result.
Salem was just playing right into Dabuz's hands by trying to outplay him in neutral and camp.
Yeah I think so too.

He really needs to put on the pressure more to stop Dabuz from getting up his wall. Zack's overwhelming offense is more suited against it as a result, since Luma becomes virtually a non-factor.

Has Salem landed a Witch Time all day?
Yeah, just very far and between.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Welp, Tsu is eating Zero's cloud with these mid percent combos. Now up 2-0.

EDIT: Haha okay Zero. Pulling that Captain Falcon out. And winning.

Last edited:
Top Bottom