• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Frostbite 2017 Discussion Thread

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Salem is facing Shutton next, which I can see going either way honestly. Does anyone know if Salem has had any experience fighting Olimar?

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
so Deathorse has beaten SuperGirlKels, Myran, and Seagull Joe, in top 16

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Kels has an issue with Mewtwo, but I have no clue about the other two. Deathorse is mad good though.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
I'm going to miss Dabuz's rosa. Him vs Zero sets are some of the best sets in smash 4 (unless Zero 3-0s him).

Good stuff to both players, I cannot believe Dabuz forced Zero to call Pierce7D.

Maybe if he hadn't bothered with Olimar...

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I'm going to miss Dabuz's rosa. Him vs Zero sets are some of the best sets in smash 4 (unless Zero 3-0s him).

Good stuff to both players, I cannot believe Dabuz forced Zero to call Pierce7D.

Maybe if he hadn't bothered with Olimar...
After that set I think it's unlikely he will throw away the Rosa entirely.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
really not a good tournament for DLC

Salem's the only Winners Bracket DLC left. Ned and Tweek are out, Zack's out, Deathorse and WaDi are in losers, and Aba's out. Komo's in losers too (fights Zinoto 17th).

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Ally has got something to prove now after his loss to a Kirby. He's on the warpath taking on on his characters worst MU and winning. Ally is like now way it's gonna end like this!

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
really not a good tournament for DLC

Salem's the only Winners Bracket DLC left. Ned and Tweek are out, Zack's out, Deathorse and WaDi are in losers, and Aba's out. Komo's in losers too (fights Zinoto 17th).
Leo's in Losers as well.
Really rough for DLC, but also really good for Japan.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Japan gets 5-6 people in Top 16 (depending on Komo)

Some, tsu, Kameme, Shuton, and Kirihara + maybe Komo. Never would've guessed the A squad (KEN/Aba/Ranai) would all be out before that.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
What do you mean?
Despite her completely massive volume of good players, she's won no majors (Unless you count KTAR Saga, which was 3/4 of a year ago). Heck, she very rarely top 16s, let alone 8s.

This isn't the makings of a broken character. She might not even be the best. Her results are really low for the metric ton of good players she has.

Last edited:

soniczx123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
soniczx123
Switch FC
SW-2963-6512-0416
Despite her completely massive volume of good players, she's won no majors (Unless you count KTAR Saga, which was 3/4 of a year ago). Heck, she very rarely top 16s, let alone 8s.

This isn't the makings of a broken character. She might not even be the best. Her results are really low for the metric ton of good players she has.
That is true and really interesting indeed. Someone with busted tools as her should be swarming all the top spots.

What is the cause? Her players aren't just good or is the counterplay against her at higher level more potent than expected?

Fenny

Smash Ace
So Salem's gonna be up against Shuton

The guy who 9B has literally never beaten in bracket

So zero surprise if Salem gets sent to losers before top 8

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
That is true and really interesting indeed. Someone with busted tools as her should be swarming all the top spots.

What is the cause? Her players aren't just good or is the counterplay against her at higher level more potent than expected?
I have no idea. I wouldn't chalk it up to the players (Salem's won an APEX before, Saj took a set from ANTi with Peach, 9B was one of the best brawl players ever and the best smash 4 ryu until he dropped him, etc.), since a lot of them have history with other characters or are top Brawl vets. My best guess would be that while her tools are individually broken, they don't form a coherent kit like the rest of the top characters, as she doesn't really have a real focus as a character outside of comboing you off the top, which in itself isn't consistent anymore.

I think she's losing to characters with kits with a coherent purpose. Throwing a whole bunch of individually broken tools on a character doesn't make the character itself broken if those tools don't do anything for the rest of the kit (Outside of her ridiculous combo game until about 130.)

Just my best guess, it could be the players or the counterplay, but from what I've seen of top bayos this would be my observation.

If I'm right, this would be why she's broken on paper but underwhelming at the top level, where people have optimized their characters and gameplans more.

Last edited:

Blue Banana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
2ndDerivative
3DS FC
4038-6328-0283
Kels has an issue with Mewtwo, but I have no clue about the other two. Deathorse is mad good though.
Myran considers the Oli-M2 even and almost had the set in game 4. He could have ended it there if he wasn't knocked offstage

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Another One Bites the Dust. Is it just me, or has this year not been looking that well for komo?
apparently tsu pulled ryu out for kameme?????

Fenny

Smash Ace
So Salem's gonna be up against Shuton

The guy who 9B has literally never beaten in bracket

So zero surprise if Salem gets sent to losers before top 8
OK nvm Salem ate him alive 90% of the time

Salem 3-1 Shuton

Last edited:

ARISTOS

Smash Ace
Another One Bites the Dust. Is it just me, or has this year not been looking that well for komo?
apparently tsu pulled ryu out for kameme?????
He beat him pretty solidly, but then didn't want to be CP'd

EDIT: Enter Darth Void

Last edited:

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Salem is really well positioned for this Top 8. He could easily reach Winner's Finals at minimum. The only downside is if he does go out against Tsu he's likely to have an early run-in with Ally never mind, read the bracket wrong and it seems like it's most likely to be Dabuz or MKLeo.

Top 8 might not have Bayo in quantity, but....

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Ally's adaptation is the scariest thing about him

went from getting 2-stocked at less than 20% to double 2-stock to winning the set

Ally :4mario: 3-1 Kirihara :rosalina:

Fenny

Smash Ace
You sure?
Pretty sure he's never lost to 9B and he has a winning record against ikep

I know Salem's better than them both but I figured that Shuton's MU exp. would more than make up for it

Then I remembered that Salem dealt with BRAWL Olimar and...

Top Bottom