• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fox Video & Critique Thread - READ OP.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
It would also be wise to spread that video onto AllIsBrawl if you get the chance. There are a lot of budding Fox players down there, you know, the kind of demographic I feel that video would appeal to :).

Only thing is that community can be a little... unpredictable in terms of how well they receive it...

True Fox mains everywhere should appreciate it though.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
Here are my only critiques with that video.

1. You didn't address all the different lengths of Illusion Canceling, as there are 4. (IIRC)
2. The editing style can be a bit slow at times, the opening was a little long/unnecessary and possible voice narration would be a great benefit in addition to faster transitions. (If you don't feel you have a good voice/don't have good voice recording equipment, please feel free to ask one of us to voice act for you ^.^.) If you'd like I can also add little graphics for you, so instead of seeing INTERRUPT NOW you could see a little image of a "B" button being pressed. It would make it seem more professional.
1. right, you mean the extra long preserved momentum dash. I'll admit I don't exactly have my timing down on that one.
2. I don't know how good the mic pickup is on my laptop. I could try and see if it works well enough for narration. Actually, if you have graphics/know where to get them, I could just put them straight into the video myself. If all the editing happens in one place, it's real easy

Thanks for the feedback.

Anywho...

I think I can do a special on the Shine next. So far, I have ample footage for ledgehop shine and jump-canceled shine. Any others techniques/maneuvers that folks might benefit from?

Lightning93

Smash Champion
You might want to cover shine's invincibility frames and possible gimping techniques. I used to be known for my ability to shine spike, and it's always a crowd-pleaser. It's also very effective against characters such as Falco/Wolf/Link etc...

And if you have time there are possible shine combos that include DJC and whatnot.

Zephil

Smash Ace
I am amazed... seriously! what a legit fox!

What I liked the most was your superb mobility around the stage, for god sake I thought for a second that I was watching melee!! The way you move and approach is excellent taking in account the lack of safe approaches fox has.

I noticed the lack of MU exp from NatP but that will not take credit of how good you did as even with lack of knowledge NatP is extremely skillful and smart.

Also great use of the first jab for mindgames, I love to do that too :p and nair->dashatk is too good! I like how well you used it.

Now some advices:
Sometimes you were too aggressive and went to try to get the kill when you already had a good lead and you ended with a fsmash in your face and dead. If you check most of your kills were from punishing a move done by G&W and most the kills he did you were bad approaches.

I just finished watching the first set so I will add if I see something important on the second set

RPK

Smash Lord
Makes me wonder if that upsmash he does is safe...The one where you do a running upsmash and somehow end up really far behind them. Though you still hit their shield. Happens at about 3:34 on the 2nd video. Now we take that and do the reverse running upsmash so that instead of the back of the hitbox hitting, we hit with the hard portion...Unless you somehow hit with the hard part of the upsmash then nvm, but anyways...Would that make Upsmash into shield a much safer option? You hit their shield, and end up behind them instead of right in front of dems. We are a lot further from them after it is performed, out of grab range, Upsmash seems to have a good amount of shield stun so we'd have time to recover and they have to unshield and start a dash to try and reach us. Only things that could probably punish this are projectile attacks, buffered OoS dash attacks if they have the range, and i unno...Again, dont have a wii so I can't do much testing, but what do you guys think?

Kuares

Pizza
D

Deleted member

Kuares is a very fun Fox to watch. Honestly, I'd rather watch his videos over TKD's. Give him good critique, guys. He has potential.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Got some videos from a game night this Sunday. I did pretty well for the most part but hopefully this time I'll get some useful critique out of these. I'd specifically like critique on the *'d ones :)

Me vs
*vs. Ngamer(MK).1~awesome finish
vs. Ngamer(MK).3~I like the top platform

vs. Ngamer(SK).2~Didn't get killed by the lock : /
*vs. Ngamer(SK).3~illusioning like Falco, whoo!

*vs. Zephyros(FC).1~always love this match-up
vs. Zephyros(FC).2~Brinstar lo​
Lol do you have a skype?? because I don't feel like typing a whole lot but I'll critique you if you want.

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
-more short hop lasers, ull hit him more often and ure less vulnerable. make the opponent approach you
-grab after dair is safest at low%
-dont throw out panic dsmashes
-defintlty more lasers
-dont dash attack/smash an opponents shield, its generally unsafe
-u saved the luigi by trying to do too much
-when u get juggled, dont just keep trying to attack him back with dair or w/e. it works sometimes but try to airdodge or do wut u need to so ur back on the ground
-dont dair into the front of an opponents shield. unless they do a nervous spot dodge, they will grab you

to shdl, jump but dont laser immediatley or else both lasers will go above their head. shoot twice near the top of ur jump so the first laser hits high and the second at their chest. you dont have to switch between fighting mode and campy laser mode. u can use lasers to make ur friends run in and attack you, then immediatly block their move and counter

Top Bottom