• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fourth Triannual [Symphony of Scales] - A Robin-Only Tournament

Tricky Al

Smash Cadet
@ForumName: @Aein
NNID: vesferi
Robin Color: Default male

wait a second... est noon? Am I too late for sign ups? xD dang it
I'll just lurk then
If Zareidriel Zareidriel already made the bracket then you can take my spot. I have to drop out guys. Too many things to do today! I've been playing with Cloud non-stop anyway :o

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Actually the bracket is unmade and I just woke up. Matsushi Matsushi you can still join if you like. I'll find a chatroom for us to use shortly, hopefully it won't be as crappy as the last one. Now if you all will excuse me, I need some water...

Janno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Janno123
so im a little confused with time zones lol

the tournament starts in like 50min?

Matsushi

True Blood
Actually the bracket is unmade and I just woke up. Matsushi Matsushi you can still join if you like. I'll find a chatroom for us to use shortly, hopefully it won't be as crappy as the last one. Now if you all will excuse me, I need some water...
Really? That's splendid, thank you very much! I need to stop procrastinating with sign ups and general stuffs.
@ForumName: Matsushi Matsushi
NNID: Matsuokai
Robin Color: Default Male

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Is anyone else having problems logging in and joining the chat room? Or is it just me?

Edit: :4greninja:'ed, twice, haha.

Last edited:

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
It looks like for Discord we would have to download it. Same for Skype, most people have it, but some don't, and I don't want anyone to have to install a program to play in the tournament. Let's try this:

http://www.rolepages.com/group/consequence/page/the-blue-moon-tavern

You have to sign up for this which sucks, but it's a chat room I've used for years so I know it works well. We'll meet up in "Nymph Park".

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
This one seems to work. It doesn't seem to require anything more than username/password, so it should work.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I'm having trouble finding the chat.
Edit: nvm found it

Last edited:

Ignis Thoron

Smash Rookie
NNID
tasleth653
ive logged into role pages and the nymph park chat i found dosent work. could someone post a link to where the chat is?

Unable to resolve the server's DNS address.

Last edited:

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Multiverse chat doesn't work for you at all? If you can't get it to work we'll just get an alternate chatroom somewhere else for your personal use. Maybe a chatzy, they work well as long as it's a group of less than 10 people.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I tried signing up, but I'm experiencing some technical problems. Won't let me join. :ohwell:

Is Discord really out of the question? I found that to be so much easier to use and join than this.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Looks like I have to drop out last minute, sorry guys :crying:
Same here since I don't have my own computer and my sister is using the computer.

(I really hope I get my own computer for Chtistmas)

Nah

Smash Champion
I've already been eliminated so might as well post now. One suggestion for next time I guess? Maybe post the chatroom a few days ahead of time instead of ~15 before the tournament starts so it doesn't start later than it already does, since there's been issues with people getting into the chatroom or even just finding it both this time and last time. That way people can check out the chatroom and see if it works for them or not instead of half of us not getting it to work when the tourney starts, and then Zarei scrambling to find another one that works and then having half the people in one and half in the other. Work out the kinks ahead of time, y'know? Then we can all just immediately jump into one room and get started a bit sooner.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Yeah, once again I messed up chat-wise. I had meant to do it earlier but I've been non-stop busy the last few days. Then I woke up hungover 40 minutes before the tournament lol. Luckily it only delayed the tournament 30 minutes.

Next time we'll try Discord.

Last edited:

Tricky Al

Smash Cadet
I've already been eliminated so might as well post now. One suggestion for next time I guess? Maybe post the chatroom a few days ahead of time instead of ~15 before the tournament starts so it doesn't start later than it already does, since there's been issues with people getting into the chatroom or even just finding it both this time and last time. That way people can check out the chatroom and see if it works for them or not instead of half of us not getting it to work when the tourney starts, and then Zarei scrambling to find another one that works and then having half the people in one and half in the other. Work out the kinks ahead of time, y'know? Then we can all just immediately jump into one room and get started a bit sooner.
This^

Even one day in advance would be cool. Maybe end registration earlier too so the bracket could be setup and ready to go. We could even train for the tournament by playing friendlies with others in the chatroom the day before.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Sure, that's a good idea. I usually like to end reg so close to the tournament because there's always super-late entrants and I want to get as many Robins in as possible. But I think it would be easier on my soul and more organized if we ended it the night before and I can at least make a draft of the bracket then. Then we can chat and practice until the tournament starts, the night before the tournament and the morning of. Sounds fun. Another thing we'll do next time.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
sos3results.png

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're done! Congratulations to our reigning champion Raziek Raziek , runner-up @Dathx and bronze medal winner Matsushi Matsushi ! Tournament was a blast, and this time I think we pulled the highest amount of Robin talent yet! Keep reading that Sun Tsu and I hope we see you all again in April!

Matsushi

True Blood
Gooood games everyone! It was such a fun tournament and I'm super proud of how I did. ^^

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
GG everyone, especially to the ones I played.

ColoredCadence

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4270-1059-8404
GGs everyone! I'm glad I showed up. It was a fun time with great players! Looking forward to next time! =)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, real shame I was eliminated so quickly. Guess I have a lot of catching up to do.

Still, good games, everyone, and congratulations to our winners! Can't wait to see the rest of this tournament uploaded.

Papero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Paperio
Good games to everyone, it was nice seeing what I need to improve on.

I'd love to get some ditto friendlies down the line. Such tactics are a rarity on Glory.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
I was actually thinking of setting up a "Robin Sundays" or something similar where whoever wants to can meet up and do dittos or whatever for a couple hours.

Edit: Would anyone be actually interested in that? If the Skype group or other resources fit your needs in that area, I won't bother.

Last edited:
Top Bottom