• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fourth Triannual [Symphony of Scales] - A Robin-Only Tournament

Tricky Al

Smash Cadet
I actually haven't had any practice with customs cuz I've been lazy about unlocking them. I obviously went default. This was also my first tournament ever.

That being said, I fared pretty well against Nah who did use Speed Thunder and I didn't feel so disadvantaged as to disable customs. In fact, I was hoping to play around with some customs for SoS4. So I say rotate them. Even if you don't use customs, plenty of others will and we will have tons of videos demonstrating their advantages and different ways to incorporate them into gameplay. I wouldn't mind trying out Nosferatu's variations myself. Definitely rotate em. It's just friendlies anyway ;)

Speaking of which, I really need training in the ditto. Any takers? I'm mostly on after 8pm on weekdays. Sometimes all day Fridays.

Last edited:

SpaghettiWeegee

Smash Apprentice
I would enter one of these but my internet at home is such balls I can't actually play on Wifi there. Could really only participate during the school year when I can leech off of University internet. Oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Good morning, Robins and Robettes! As always, my name is Zareidriel. Won't you join me? I have tickets to the

:4robinf:SYMPHONY OF SCALES:4robinm: [TRIPLICITY]

You all know the drill by now, don't you? Each player takes their scales in hand, and we all bang them together. Whoever is left standing is the winner. What beautiful music!

It will be held on

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 20 @ 2 PM EST

The deadline for signing up is Noon, EST.

The Chatroom will be: ________________

Da Rules:

Double Elimination
3 Stock
8 Minutes
Best of 3 Standard Matches
Best of 5 Semifinals, Loser's Finals, and Grand Finals

No Items
No Equipment
No Miis
No Rosalina

CUSTOMS OFF

ROBIN ONLY

FINAL DESTINATION

...as well as Battlefield, Town+City, Dreamland, and Lylat Cruise as starter stages.

Counterpicks include Skyloft, Wuhu Island, Delfino Plaza, Kongo Jungle, Halberd, Duck Hunt, and Castle Siege.

What happened to all the fun stages? Well as the metagame becomes more conservative, now even a stage as bland as Wuhu Island can give me an adrenaline rush. (Woohoo!)

Players strike neutral stages to choose the first stage. The highest seed strikes first (The lower number on the Challonge bracket). Strikes are made in the order "1-2-1".

The winner of the game bans 5 stages. The loser of the game chooses the next stage. In best of 5 matches, bans may not be changed. Stage bans do not affect the player who made the ban, when it is their turn to choose a stage.

If you want to join, I will need:

@ForumName:
NNID:
Robin Color: (Choose between: Male, Female, Green, Red, Blue, Yellow, Black or Pink)

i.e:

@ForumName: Zareidriel Zareidriel
NNID: ZareidrieI
Robin Color: Pink

Yes, your Robin's gender and color will be a factor when seeding the bracket, so choose wisely, but choose only ONE.

Hope to see you all there! May the best tactician win.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
@ForumName: Nah Nah
NNID: Nah527
Robin Color: Default Female

Can't we at least add Delfino to the counterpick list?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
@ForumName: Wintropy Wintropy
NNID: Winterwhite
Robin Color: Female

Put me in as a tentative entrant. I have a tourney the next day, but I should be able to get involved in this~

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I guess I'll win the 3rd one too.

@ForumName: Raziek Raziek
NNID: Raziek

Third'ing request for Delfino to be added to the CPs.

And Norfair IMO <3

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Oh whoops lol, I took Delfino off of the starters from SoS2 and meant to make it a counterpick but forgot.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Man I would love to do this again since I missed the last one but I have to decline cause I have work till 4 pm cst. Maybe I can get some games in with nerds afterwards and hang out in the chat after work.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I might be available for this.
@ForumName: AmericanDJ AmericanDJ
NNID: Derek123
Robin color: White Mage

I should mention that I do have school on the 21st 22nd and 23rd and might not be available on the day after Christmas.

Last edited:

Janno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Janno123
@ForumName: Janno Janno
NNID: Janno123
Robin Color: Female Yellow

i hope i dont forget the tournament this time lol

Dathx

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dathx77
@ForumName: Dathx Dathx
NNID: Dathx77

1. Raziek Raziek you're a fool for voting for customs.
2. Raziek Raziek you're a fool for think you're gonna win. (but if you do I'ma get that true runback at G3)
3. Where's Smashville D=

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Well it looks like I got my other top seed. Glad you can finally make it Dath. Smashville was sacrificed in a ritual to a dark god, it was the only way we can power that many Nosferatus in a single day.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I forgot to sign up for this.

Forum Name: Célja Célja
NNID: EmperorBeefcake
Robin Color: Green Male

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Forum Name: False Sense False Sense
NNID: FalseSense
Robin Color: Default Male

Might I join as a tentative participant? I think I should be able to make this one, but I'm not sure what might spring up on me.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Tenative is fine, we get those a lot. A third of the people who sign up never show up anyway.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Awww crap... I'm going to be Christmas traveling during the tourney... I've been looking forward to such an event since late summer... so depressing... and my Rabin has gotten really gud, too... :sadeyes:

Hope y'all enjoy yerselves! Just remember: I'll be watching. :demon: (JK Can't actually I'd love to see some of the replays though)

Last edited:

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
@ForumName: Meta651 Meta651
NNID: Meta651
Robin Color: Red

Hope my internet decides to be good to me and hope to be decent for the tourney.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Forum Name: The_Cardinal
NNID: CardinalGP
Robin color: pink

I might have something tomorrow at 1:00 pm and I don't know how long it will take. So if I don't arrive on time, you can just send me to losers or disqualify me.

Centicerise

Smash Cadet
NNID
harubanana732
Forum Name: Centicerise
NNID: harubanana732
Robin color: red

Ooo both dath and raz will be playing. Though I'm really rusty I'm excited.

ColoredCadence

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4270-1059-8404
Forum Name: ColoredCadence ColoredCadence
NNID: oneupmech
Robin color: Yellow Female

I don't often visit the Robin boards, but I'm glad I came today. Sounds like fun! See y'all in a bit! =)

Last edited:

skorpio95x

Smash Rookie
NNID
skorpio95x
What time and how do you sign up? Also if there are customs you're all idiots.

Good morning, Robins and Robettes! As always, my name is Zareidriel. Won't you join me? I have tickets to the

:4robinf:SYMPHONY OF SCALES:4robinm: [TRIPLICITY]

You all know the drill by now, don't you? Each player takes their scales in hand, and we all bang them together. Whoever is left standing is the winner. What beautiful music!

It will be held on

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 20 @ 2 PM EST

The deadline for signing up is Noon, EST.

The Chatroom will be: ________________

Da Rules:

Double Elimination
3 Stock
8 Minutes
Best of 3 Standard Matches
Best of 5 Semifinals, Loser's Finals, and Grand Finals

No Items
No Equipment
No Miis
No Rosalina

CUSTOMS OFF

ROBIN ONLY

FINAL DESTINATION

...as well as Battlefield, Town+City, Dreamland, and Lylat Cruise as starter stages.

Counterpicks include Skyloft, Wuhu Island, Delfino Plaza, Kongo Jungle, Halberd, Duck Hunt, and Castle Siege.

What happened to all the fun stages? Well as the metagame becomes more conservative, now even a stage as bland as Wuhu Island can give me an adrenaline rush. (Woohoo!)

Players strike neutral stages to choose the first stage. The highest seed strikes first (The lower number on the Challonge bracket). Strikes are made in the order "1-2-1".

The winner of the game bans 5 stages. The loser of the game chooses the next stage. In best of 5 matches, bans may not be changed. Stage bans do not affect the player who made the ban, when it is their turn to choose a stage.

If you want to join, I will need:

@ForumName:
NNID:
Robin Color: (Choose between: Male, Female, Green, Red, Blue, Yellow, Black or Pink)

i.e:

@ForumName: Zareidriel Zareidriel
NNID: ZareidrieI
Robin Color: Pink

Yes, your Robin's gender and color will be a factor when seeding the bracket, so choose wisely, but choose only ONE.

Hope to see you all there! May the best tactician win.

Tricky Al

Smash Cadet
What time and how do you sign up? Also if there are customs you're all idiots.
That comment you quoted literally tells you how to sign up lol. We just need:

@ForumName:
NNID:
Robin Color:

Tell us this stuff and you're in. It starts at 2 tomorrow.

EDIT: Lol

Last edited:

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
If you're at all interested, get those sign-ups in! You can always cancel if you're in, but you can't join if you're not in. I'm about to get wasted at my birthday party so, if you have any questions...I'll see them tomorrow. :chuckle:

Glory Blaze

Smash Cadet
NNID
GloryBlaze37
If you're at all interested, get those sign-ups in! You can always cancel if you're in, but you can't join if you're not in. I'm about to get wasted at my birthday party so, if you have any questions...I'll see them tomorrow. :chuckle:
Happy bday dude! Alas, I will be one of those people who has to cancel. Something came up last minute.

Last edited:

Aein

Smash Cadet
NNID
vesferi
@ForumName: Aein Aein
NNID: vesferi
Robin Color: Default male

wait a second... est noon? Am I too late for sign ups? xD dang it
I'll just lurk then

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
Oh snap, I completely forgot to sign up for this! Silly me.

That said, good luck to all Robins! :3

Top Bottom