• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Four Swords present: The Hazygoose Birthday Extravaganza- March 21st, 2010

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
The Hazygoose Birthday Extravaganza
A Melee Tournament

TOURNAMENT SPECIFICS

When:
Sunday, March 21st, 2010

Where:
The BattleGround Game Arena
378 Kelly Road, Unit #3
Vernon, CT USA 06066
860-896-5288
There's a big huge red sign. It's in a plaza with a Rita's and a Jiffy Lube. Across the street is another plaza with Price Choppers and other stores.

Cost:
$5 Venue Fee
$10 Melee Singles
$10 Melee Doubles per person ($20/team)

Schedule
11:00 AM- 1:00 PM: Registration for doubles/friendlies
1:00 PM- Doubles bracket begins
A one hour-lunch break will immediately follow doubles
Singles will commence after lunch

Prizes
First place: 60%
Second place: 30%
Third place: 10%

This will be the distribution for singles and doubles.

Rules

Tournament will be seeded by SKILL. I will ask knowledgeable, high-level players to assist me with seeding. Regional considerations will be addressed, but the primary means of seeding will be skill-based.

Melee:

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

WOBBLING IS ALLOWED

This tournament will be using the Pound 4 ruleset/stages:

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

A full explanation of these stages can be found here

WE NEED SETUPS!!

TRADEMARK ADENDUM

if a player gets falcon punched, he loses the game automatically. in doubles, his team loses the game. if a person hits his own partner they forfeit the game

onett should be legal only if falcon is on the stage

if a player gets falcon punched into a car or after getting hit by a car, their smash career is over and they must retire

the falcon punch has to be cool

aka, no easy edgeguards. no team grab > punch. no stomp to falcon punch. no bs. only stuff that would make HMW go "O(1x10^23)!!"
And check out Friday Night Fights at Battlegrounds!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=266278

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Since you are having a tourney at BG, how about showing some love to the fight night every friday? All you have to bring is systems and games so it should be no problem!

Jam, you and smooth need to show some love to an old friend(spictom) and spread the word.

Here is the link

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=266278
I'll put the link in the OP.

I've been wanting to come to these, but my schedule has been blah...hence Sunday tournaments :(

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
I'll put the link in the OP.

I've been wanting to come to these, but my schedule has been blah...hence Sunday tournaments :(
That's no problem but I do want the community to be more involved with the fight nights because we have big plans for it and I want smash to be included. Post in the fight night thread and let people know that this is the place to go for comp!

improbable

Smash Rookie
Either awkward or perfect that this is the day after SOTP, not sure. Regardless it's spring break for us so I'll likely be there.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Twebb shall be attendin.....planning on puttin roman in losers then ill leave lol

Spife

Smash Master
Everyone who's going all "boo ct tourny after ma tourny" or "sun right after sat?!", get housed in ma :D

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
There's a tournament the day before this? If that's a real concern, I can look at other dates. Let me know though, I talked to Mike at Battlegrounds today and confirmed the 21st, so if I need to change the date, the sooner I know the better.

th0rn

Smash Lord
There's a tournament the day before this? If that's a real concern, I can look at other dates. Let me know though, I talked to Mike at Battlegrounds today and confirmed the 21st, so if I need to change the date, the sooner I know the better.
yeah, a date change would be great for us.

thats a definite 7 people from maine (darc, dazwa, me, banks, ironchief, solar, boxman) that would now attend if you did change it. =p

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I vote for date change of April 4/11th. Also Jam you should make sure you put in the title that it's a Sunday tournament.

th0rn

Smash Lord
Also realize all the Mass people who post "I don't care what date" are doing so because the tourney that is on the 20th is IN MASSACHUSETTS.

they do not get a vote.

>____>

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
****nnnnnnn Hazygoose looks mad fine. Me and slox will most likely be in attendence.
<3

and my birthday trespasses all laws of space and time so even i this tournament moves it will still fall on my birthday...spiritually.
hate being stuck in oklahoma...can't wait to see CT peeps again this summer!!

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
The reason this is the 21st is because it coincides with my Spring Break, which means the date will either have to be Sunday March 21st (the Sunday before Spring Break) or Sunday March 28th (the Sunday immediately after). Or I can just cancel and do one when the semester is over.

Prawn

Smash Master
just do the 21st,

jeeze i didn't realize there were so many people named John living in maine.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
just do the 21st,

jeeze i didn't realize there were so many people named John living in maine.
I see what you did there.

Jam, do whatever you want, just hurry so people can get work off for this etc.

Top Bottom