• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Forest Pokemon Cuts the Competition! Sceptile for Smash Ultimate!

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Supported, but never gonna happen, they'll add new pokemon before worrying about reping every gen or a starter of each starter type =\

Sceptile is my fave grass starter tho, but his popularity peaked awhile ago no? ><

Last edited:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Supported, but never gonna happen, they'll add new pokemon before worrying about reping every gen or a starter of each starter type =\

Sceptile is my fave grass starter tho, but his popularity peaked awhile ago no? ><
We’re banking on the ballot as well as the fact that he had enough popularity to be the rival’s ace in XY. Seriously, that guy could’ve had anything and the fact that he had Sceptile over many other choices says something.

Sceptile gets rated today by Billybae~
His want score for him is greater than Incineroar!
Again, never underestimate the persuasion power of the Forest Pokemon :smirk:

Last edited:

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
When it comes to asking for new Pokemon in Smash, I don't really want a specific one- the main reason is that there are lots of Pokemon I'd love to see, but their individual chances are fairly slim, even among the more popular ones, somewhat.

I guess I got unlucky because my favorite Pokemon generations are Gens 3, 5, and 7- and those are the only Gens to not be represented with a fighter in Smash. I also love Grass starters over Water and Fire, more often than not, and it seems to me like Grass has already been shafted more than the other two types (and that would especially be the case if Incineroar got in like some people seem to predict/want).

For me, what I want is a Pokemon that satisfies one of the following (or both):
- Grass type starter
- From Gen 3/5/7

Decidueye and Sceptile would check both off at once, so I'd be very happy with either. That being said, Gen 3 is my favorite gen, and I have more of an attachment to Sceptile, so I'd definitely prefer for him/her to make it into Smash, if I had the choice.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
New song on the blog is Steven's Theme from ORAS. It would make no sense to reveal a Gen 3 song and then a Gen 3 Pokémon, so we're probably done. Fun while it lasted.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest

Yeah.... It peaked during the ballot.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
New song on the blog is Steven's Theme from ORAS. It would make no sense to reveal a Gen 3 song and then a Gen 3 Pokémon, so we're probably done. Fun while it lasted.
I'm amusingly leaning towards the contrary- this seems like a potential nail in the coffin for newcomers like Incineroar, Decidueye, and Lycanroc, but it's possible that we could get a Pokemon echo fighter if the Music Theory doesn't count towards them. Focusing on a Gen III song instead seems like it's in the realm of possibility that we could get Sceptile as an echo of Greninja. It's not a perfect fit, but many of the moves do match up and it might be easier to believe that we're getting an older Pokemon as an echo than no Pokemon at all.

Echo ideas-
  • Replace Water Shuriken with Energy Ball (remove the catching effect and make it explode on impact)
  • Replace Hydro Pump with Quick Attack (just remove the water box)
  • Substitute is fine.
  • Any time Greninja uses water swords, replace it with Leaf Blade.
  • Shadow Sneak does need work though... I couldn't say what...
That seems to me to be an echo in the same vein as Chrom, though it might border "semi-clone" in the way that Isabelle does, which would go against the Music Theory.

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
It doesn’t look good for Sceptile, but honestly I’m just happy ORAS is getting some recognition. For what I know, we haven’t gotten any so far.

I know this sounds completely outlandish, but what if we got both Inceneroar and Sceptile? That would explain why Inceneroar is being favored over Decidueye. Again, I do not believe this will happen, but I do think it’s food for thought.

KingTorra

Smash Cadet
I saw someone bring up an Idea that we could get Incineroar and Sceptile as well. There reason was because it would make three standalone starter pokemon to represent each type. Although I don't think filling in typings has anything to do with who's picked, I can't be mad with another cool pokemon!

I saw someone bring up an Idea that we could get Incineroar and Sceptile as well. There reason was because it would make three standalone starter pokemon to represent each type. Although I don't think filling in typings has anything to do with who's picked, I can't be mad with another cool pokemon!
That would be a dream for me. Sceptile, Incineroar, Greninja and Charizard are all my favourite starters from their respective gen. To have them all playable....wow! That would be special. Sadly I just don't see it happening anymore.

Last edited:

KingTorra

Smash Cadet
That would be a dream for me. Sceptile, Incineroar, Greninja and Charizard are all my favourite starters from their respective gen. To have them all playable....wow! That would be special. Sadly I just don't see it happening anymore.
It would be! Honestly my most wanted is Incineroar, so sadly i'm kinda at direct competition with Sceptile and Lycanroc fans. But if I could have all of them, or even Incineroar and Sceptile, that would be amazing! I never played the third gen games, not even ORAS, but Sceptile has such a cool look to him.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well the dust has settled but I think Sceptile has some half decent chances for DLC.

For one thing, now we have Incineroar to go along with Greninja the old "start trio" thing is back after Charizard's promotion, second the DLC is still determined by the ballot (Rex and Spring Man already out of the running) and third Pokemon doesn't have a new stage yet.

Sceptile plus Alola stage?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Well the dust has settled but I think Sceptile has some half decent chances for DLC.

For one thing, now we have Incineroar to go along with Greninja the old "start trio" thing is back after Charizard's promotion, second the DLC is still determined by the ballot (Rex and Spring Man already out of the running) and third Pokemon doesn't have a new stage yet.

Sceptile plus Alola stage?
Honestly, at this point I think Grovyle may be likelier. Specifically, the PMD2 Grovyle.

JokalJackal

Smash Rookie
Even thought I'm predicting totally different characters for DLC, Sceptile is in my Top 5 of most wanted newcomers (with Vaati, Chun-Li, Shantae and Black Mage... the 6th is Slippy Toad indeed).

The 3rd Generation is my favourite, and it's a shame we didn't even got a proper grass-type starter (Ivysaur's there, love the boy but honestly he's too less... yes, Smash fans being greedy as ever).

If Skull Kid got really high on expectations because of a 3DS remake, then, I think Pokèmon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire can count. And he's with Greninja and Charizard by being Ash's most well know Pokèmon (Jigglypuff got in for the massive popularity she had in Japan, which I think it's caused by her inclusion in the animated series at the time, so looking towards the anime in this point of view isn't a bad choice).

I'm in. Get me in the supporters list for my Leafy Blady boi.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
It would be fantastic if he got in for DLC considering I first wanted the character four and a half years ago, but I really doubt it. I'm talking a 2% chance here.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Echo ideas-
  • Shadow Sneak does need work though... I couldn't say what...

As much as it doesn't follow the move's utility for Greninja shadow sneak does cause a shadow to move across the ground and cause an effect, so it could be Grass Knot. Would be a very different move to use given it doesn't teleport Sceptile, but would still be using the same basic mechanics, and could even cause the same kick just without the sneaking bit.

*sneaks back into the shadows*

Last edited:

KieRanaRan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KieRanaRan
3DS FC
0662-3728-1857
Sign me up! Even though it feels like Sakurai's spoiled me by including Incineroar already.

JokalJackal

Smash Rookie
Let's be honest here, if they DO add Sceptile, the reveal trailer should have the Rival Battle Music from Pokèmon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Let's be honest here, if they DO add Sceptile, the reveal trailer should have the Rival Battle Music from Pokèmon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.
Yeah, that’d be great... if only we still had a good chance (though the only Pokémon who have a higher chance right now are Lycanroc, Necrozma, and Zeraora). Still not about to give up hope just yet.

JokalJackal

Smash Rookie
I mean, Gen 1 was in an irrelevant/relevant state during Brawl, and yet Pokèmon Trainer still happened.

Eevee, Gengar, Sceptile and a Team Rocket Grunt in the style of the Pokèmon Trainer (maybe with a team of Rhydon, the first Pokèmon to ever be created and Meowth, an iconic Pokèmon in the Team Rocket lines) (so we can have a bad guy from Pokèmon concretely). These are my Pokèmon high picks.

I've seen even people proposing even Genesect and we do need more legendaries here. I'd like Scizor more, but Unova isn't going to be left behind.

Joinallthreacs.smash

Smash Journeyman
I'm here to voice my support for Sceptile as he is amazing.

As for Pokemon, i want at least 2 for each gen. (It won't happen but, hey this is what I would do)
This is what im proposing.

1-:ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo:
2-
:248:
3-

4-:ultlucario:

5-

6-:ultgreninja: (Delphox)
7- Lycanroc.png
SSBUDecidueyeSmall.png

Joinallthreacs.smash

Smash Journeyman
It seems you and I share a lot of Pokémon preferences.
Well, if that appeares to be the case, I did pick Oshawot over Zoroark because, no base starter is playable (outside of Squrtile, and :ultpokemontrainer:, was cut,(because gen 1 has 2 many pokemon playable in my eyes.)).
Also, I have heavy Sceptile bias as he is one of my favorite Pokemon (alongside Venusaur, Lycanroc, Gengar and Decidueye, Infernape is pretty cool as well and I also love Garchomp and Hydriegon), the reason some of my Favorites didn't make it was because a lot of them didn't belong in my eyes (but for a 3rd Pokemon for Gen 4, Garchomp would be my pick). Also I picked Delphox because, there was no one else I was sure about. (Another thing, i decided on Infernape for the Goku fans, because that is who Infernape is based on)

Last edited:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Honestly Pokémon reps are pretty interchangeable. Everything you picked is stuff I’d be great with, but if I had my choice it’d look like this (Starts off with the same gen 1 reps)
Gen 1-:ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo:
Gen 2-Scizor, Sneasel
Gen 3-Sceptile, Absol
Gen 4-Empoleon, Roserade (why not?)
Gen 5-Krookodile, Emolga
Gen 6-Talonflame (a flying type that would pretty much be exclusively airborne would be an interesting concept), Helioptile
Gen 7-Lycanroc, Alolan Sandslash.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I mean, Gen 1 was in an irrelevant/relevant state during Brawl, and yet Pokèmon Trainer still happened.
Gen 1 wasn't irrelevant during Brawl. We had FireRed/LeafGreen. Remakes count, too. That's why the Pokémon Trainer is based on Red's GBA remake design.

Gen 1 is currently relevant during Ultimate. We just got Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee. I beat the Elite Four and the Champion last night. :awesome: *crosses fingers for Team Rocket Jessie and James with Meowth, Ekans, and Koffing*

Top Bottom