• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Flipside of Orpheon: Things You Didn't Know and Were Too Lazy To Ask (Updated)

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
There is a flaw with the reasoning that 'you should never get screwed and die by this stage if you know what you're doing' because as a ROB main, I can try and force you to move to the 'bad regions' while the stage is flashing before flipping, and even if I also get flipped, ROB recovers from everything and I win. Stage flipping is still janky, but not nearly as janky as walkoffs imo. (although this stage technically has walkoffs lol)
If you force someone into the bad spots, you outplayed them. That's an easy one. xD Also lololol at walk-offs. It's AT BEST a suicide KO, since there isn't even close to time to survive if you try to throw them out as the platform leaves. They might die first, but you'll die too.

T-block

B2B TST
Nah, I've definitely done it. If you have a throw that sends them a decent horizontal distance, even with DI, that doesn't have an abnormal amount of cooldown on it (Diddy's throws for example) you can kill them and still survive, if they're at mid percents.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Nah, I've definitely done it. If you have a throw that sends them a decent horizontal distance, even with DI, that doesn't have an abnormal amount of cooldown on it (Diddy's throws for example) you can kill them and still survive, if they're at mid percents.
Well, even in that case, it's still their fault for getting grabbed on the platform. >_>

sneakytako

Smash Lord
The most hilarious 'walkoff' on frigate I had I faced a Falco who was Up-bing off the side of the second transformation, it registered him as on the moving platform and dragged him away from the stage during up-b lol. I wish I had a vid XD.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I updated the OP with my final summary and conclusions on how to best predict the stage. It's still sorta random, but you can make some REALLY accurate educated guesses.

Top Bottom