• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The First Thing YOU Will Do When You Get Brawl

Eaode

Smash Champion
I will choose any random character, pick any random stage, press X, and then press R while holding the control stick in a diagonal downward direction.

I'm sure many others will do the same.

180OP

Smash Journeyman
I will choose any random character, pick any random stage, press X, and then press R while holding the control stick in a diagonal downward direction.

I'm sure many others will do the same.
lolz. Ditto. Since WD has gotten so much attention on these boards, people threatening boycott, creating riots, posting in the wrong forums. That's why I gotta try it.

But BEFORE that, I'm going to read everything on the cover back and forth then read everything in the booklet.

go through every single menu available and see what we got.
go to the character screen and stare at all the characters and see their costumes for like 50mins.

then try the WD and screw around in sandbox mode or something like that. Then I'd go online and see whos there.

Sounds like a plan.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
i will actually go into vs mode, pick ...someone, depending on who is initially unlocked, then attempt to shuffl an fair, using the cstick. i will then proceed to test the same thing in a 1-p mode. somewhere in there ill do that X-down right-R thing. then, if im in a good mood, ill plug a controller into slot two, walk a second human up to my character and upsmash him, then try to tech it. then maybe ill play around with DI. after the first minute of me owning the game has passed as written above, ill go into the 1p modes and begin unlocking characters and stuff. at the end of the second minute of me owning the game, when ive unlocked every character, ill set up a tourney for brawl, and make a topic for it on here, then open registration and collect fees. the beginning of the fourth minute will be the start of the tourney. and the fifth minute will be the finals of that tourney.

and thats just the first 5 minutes!!!

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Four way free for all; me and 3 coms; me as Metaknight vs. Pit. vs. Mario vs. Wario, on Battlefield, items on, 6 minute brawl. I want to goof around until I unlock every stage, character, and mode.:)

cless-mint

Smash Journeyman
Natchitoches, Louisiana A.K.A. "The South Ya'
When I get it I'll bring it home (from Gamestop) and play it...

No, really, I'll prolly watch the intro then go straight to Vs. mode and choose random characters. Then random stage, and try out all of the basic and advanced moves. I'll also put the case in a crystal storage case coated in admantium or something. lolz!

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
I made a deal with a friend that we wont even break the package seal until we are both present so the first thing we do is have a straight up 1v1. Probably a Fox ditto.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
You owe it to yourself as a Smasher to attempt to unlock them on your own for at least a day or two. If you are completely stuck, it's time to hang up the controller, and go strat guide/purse shopping. I'm a strong believer in playing through games without guides to increase the experience of them.

copper90

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I don't like guides ruining things for me unless I'm about to go crazy.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'll admit in the water temple in twilight princess I almost cracked, but then I had that "OH MY GOD IT'S SO SIMPLE! HOW'D I MISS THAT?!" moment. And though the stress probably takes years off of your life, you get to brag that you perservered. There are people who were born to write the guides, and people who were born to read them. But back to topic, I won't even start unlocking characters till I've played a while in 1 V 1 and FFA's with my crew. Gonna have a few setup's and we're jsut going to rock it once it's released.

copper90

Smash Apprentice
I'll admit in the water temple in twilight princess I almost cracked, but then I had that "OH MY GOD IT'S SO SIMPLE! HOW'D I MISS THAT?!" moment. And though the stress probably takes years off of your life, you get to brag that you perservered. There are people who were born to write the guides, and people who were born to read them.
Once you realize how to do it, it takes no time at all. That temple pissed me off so much.:laugh:

2l82masterb8

Smash Rookie
I wasted far too much time of my life in that **** water temple. After basking in the magnificence of Brawl, I'll manage to open the case and get to work unlocking everyone with metaknight.

Oathblivion

Smash Apprentice
I'll go to gamefaqs and check to see exactly which characters are in the game if we don't know already. The debate is driving me crazy. If smashbros.com has all of them listed before the release (doubtful), then I'll check SWF to see which advanced maneuvers are in. After that, for the above two won't take more than five minutes, I'll get to work unlocking the characters. If I get stuck, then I'll resort to internet forums. The sooner I can see if Mewtwo has gotten stat buffs the better. :)

andrewpeirce

Smash Apprentice
I will open the box, play though classical as mario, then defeat Jigglypuff. Then I will turn the game on/off, and watch the intro.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
1. See if there is airdodge.
2. Airdodge into the ground.

situation one, something happens. I flip and go nuts and dedicate my time to this new smash game with the existing awesomeness of melee..

situation two, nothing happens. So I try out all the characters and play the game.. but never really go pro and nothing much comes out of brawl more than just how I used to play melee when it first came out.

But meh Ill know if wding is in or not before I buy it so Ill know whether or not to buy it.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
You know what, I take back what I said. I'll tun it on, go straight online, select a random character, and play my heart out. Forget practice, play to win.

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
The first thing I will do is stare at the Boxart.
Because it's the first thing I do when I get Brawl.
It doesn't magically go into my Wii like a Tinkerbell.

BUt the first thing i'll do when I play Brawl is stare in awe at the opening.

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
If I get the game and no one else is near, I shall beat 1P modes as everybody. If my bro/sis/friends are around, I'll go ahead and Multiplayer them. Then, I go to Gamefaqs and see who's unlockable.
I will likely unlock everything before fighting online. I don't want to get envious.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
1. See if there is airdodge.
2. Airdodge into the ground.

situation one, something happens. I flip and go nuts and dedicate my time to this new smash game with the existing awesomeness of melee..

situation two, nothing happens. So I try out all the characters and play the game.. but never really go pro and nothing much comes out of brawl more than just how I used to play melee when it first came out.

But meh Ill know if wding is in or not before I buy it so Ill know whether or not to buy it.
What if there's a situation 3 were Nintendo implements something the same as WDing?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm tired of the people who are genuinely afraid that there may or may not be a WD. People played SSB, and continued to play SSBM, and they played after the WD was discovered. Life will go on if it doesn't make it (Though I am a firm believer it will be in Brawl, or something similar to a WD).

zKillah

Smash Journeyman
After I make my purchase, I will open the box and place the game firmly in my pants... I mean wii. After watching the opening sequence, I will read the booklet cover to cover. Then I will beat single player using Mario (that's what I did in Melee) on normal. Then I will test the control schemes and characters. Hopefully I don't have an aneurism while unwrapping the box. It will probably be wrapped in an impermeable plastic, and I'll be forced to commit suicide I can't get it open.

weasleman333

Smash Apprentice
I found 3 WDing parts in the 2 videos combined.

I will go to vs to see who i think is the best, then beat story mode with him/her. Will then unlock all characters and stages. Will then go online and pawn or get owned.

Genuine

Smash Apprentice
Well first ima call every store in Louisiana that might even have a slight chance of selling brawl. Find out which store is getting the first shipment and literally camp out(by that i mean go there and wait until it comes )there until they get the shipment.

on the car drive read the box
go home ***** the hell out of 1player mode. I will play ever char on adventure classic and whatever else brawl throw's at me.Play the mission and see if i can get to 80

DAY 2

Call my friends over( brute force will be used for some)
have fun in 2player mode
do mission b/c i doubt i can complete 80 missions in one night
and just screw around

I really havent planned when im going to use the bathroom so my friends my ask why the room smells.

cless-mint

Smash Journeyman
Natchitoches, Louisiana A.K.A. "The South Ya'
Well first ima call every store in Louisiana that might even have a slight chance of selling brawl. Find out which store is getting the first shipment and literally camp out(by that i mean go there and wait until it comes )there until they get the shipment.

on the car drive read the box
go home ***** the hell out of 1player mode. I will play ever char on adventure classic and whatever else brawl throw's at me.Play the mission and see if i can get to 80

DAY 2

Call my friends over( brute force will be used for some)
have fun in 2player mode
do mission b/c i doubt i can complete 80 missions in one night
and just screw around

I really havent planned when im going to use the bathroom so my friends my ask why the room smells.
Dude, you're from Louisiana? That rocks, lolz.

Anyway, I've changed my mind, I think that I'll do what I said earlier, but go to training mode with metaknight first. lolz

Loooooni

Smash Ace
Stuck in the 4th dungeon of twilight princess
first i will stare at the game box for about 5.9 seconds then i will tear the box open and put the game in i will then leave it at the press start screen and watch the videos it shows next i will go to vs i will pick mario as my tradition and play 4 computers on level 9 next i will procede to play single player figuring out who i like then when everything is unlock i will play people online for the rest of my life screaming at the game that people have cheated

Blackadder

Smash Master
Pure bloody goldbate

I, myself, can think of no better thing to do than what I have planned;
My friend and I go to the shops, I buy the game, we read the entire booklet on the way home.
Then we enter VS mode.
He will choose Pit, i will choose Link/Meta knight (not sure which one yet, or if Meta knight is even a starter) and we choose a random stage.
We then rejoice.

Sadly, I do not have internet play as a viable option ):
but it will be F**king awsome!

Top Bottom